DHS Report: 2000 Children Separated From Parents In Past Six Weeks - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Drlee wrote:Grow up.

I have cast too many pearls as it is.

You started your post with...
You asked. I don't expect you to listen. You will just troll again. So here is a serious answer to a really dumb question. Dumb because you have not thought it through.

This does not tend to encourage other posters to be overly polite. You now call me a swine.
Why should I respond to this with kindness and understanding?
One Degree wrote:You now call me a swine.
:lol: If you don't understand the saying, then keep your mouth shut. You do yourself no favours.

To cast pearls before swine. phrase [VERB inflects] If you say that someone is casting pearls before swine, you mean that they are wasting their time by offering something that is helpful or valuable to someone who does not appreciate or understand it.
Godstud wrote::lol: If you don't understand the saying, then keep your mouth shut. You do yourself no favours.

To cast pearls before swine. phrase [VERB inflects] If you say that someone is casting pearls before swine, you mean that they are wasting their time by offering something that is helpful or valuable to someone who does not appreciate or understand it.

You are back to posting as ‘Captain Obvious’ and being crass. When I see a post such as “keep your mouth shut”, I automatically smile at knowing the poster is someone who is afraid to say such things in real life. Then I frown that people should be so miserable.
One Degree wrote:You are back to posting as ‘Captain Obvious’ and being crass. When I see a post such as “keep your mouth shut”, I automatically smile at knowing the poster is someone who is afraid to say such things in real life. Then I frown that people should be so miserable.

Edit: Are you familiar with ‘transactional analysis’ @Godstud . I recommend reading up on it.
You throw out the text that says you obviously don't understand what was said, so I clarify it for you. You saying I was stating the obvious is nonsense. Your response was such that obviously YOU DID NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF THE STATEMENT.

Only afterwards, do you try to save face by claiming otherwise.

You are often "crass" in your responses to many, and claim otherwise. You're the miserable one. I'm happy to point that out! :D

I would happily tell you to keep your mouth shut, in person, were you talking about shit you don't know, nor understand. That's not crass. It's called honesty. I know that's a word you understand little of, as of late.
Godstud wrote:You throw out the text that says you obviously don't understand what was said, so I clarify it for you. You saying I was stating the obvious is nonsense. Your response was such that obviously YOU DID NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF THE STATEMENT.

Only afterwards, do you try to save face by claiming otherwise.

You are often "crass" in your responses to many, and claim otherwise. You're the miserable one. I'm happy to point that out! :D

I would happily tell you to keep your mouth shut, in person, were you talking about shit you don't know, nor understand. That's not crass. It's called honesty. I know that's a word you understand little of, as of late.

Ah, I see you were not interested in my reading recommendation, since you are still insisting on a child to child discussion. Yes, I can be crass. Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of not knowing what I know sometimes.
Godstud wrote:Wait a second... I thought I heard the sound of a monkey flinging poo.

Nevermind. I must be mistaken. It wasn't anywhere near that intelligent.

Could I speak to your adult please? I think we will accomplish more if we can send the child and parent away for awhile. Is that okay with you ? :)
I don't worry about your hostile remarks, Godstud. You're on the wrong side of history.

On both sides of Atlantic, migrants meet hostile reception

Throughout the Western world, third worlders are becoming unwelcome and the political left is beginning to take a real beating.
I was not responding to you, @One Degree, but the asshole who interjected.

Again, this is not about me, but the USA having imprisoned children away from their parents in something that most humans, and even many Republicans, found repugnant.
Godstud wrote:I was not responding to you, @One Degree, but the asshole who interjected.

If you want to be childish, I can certainly attempt to bring myself down to your normal operating level, but I'd prefer to avoid it

If you recall, I said I was going to ignore you because we were dominating the thread exchanging barbs. You later posted a reasonable argument and I gave what I thought was a reasonable argument in return. Both our posts were polite. You then responded with some insults that seem to come out of the blue from my perspective. We then gradually kept indulging our inner child more with each post. I really don’t enjoy exchanging insults. Some people do.
I'm all for rational and reasonable discussion, but you cannot simply dismiss everything because of an opinion(fake news, propaganda, etc.). That is neither rational, nor reasonable.

Trump stopped the separations of children from their parents because it was a hugely unpopular, and stupid, policy that HE enacted.
Godstud wrote:I'm all for rational and reasonable discussion, but you cannot simply dismiss everything because of an opinion. That is neither rational, nor reasonable.

I disagree. :) Since everything is an opinion, it is the only thing we have for evidence. I believe what you are referring to is acquiescing to the most popular opinion. I readily admit I am not into hero worship. This means I also don’t give ‘experts’ the weight that many others do.
I am aware this can be frustrating but I believe it is essential someone always be the ‘devil’s advocate’. Without it, you stagnate thought. No one or their opinions are above being questioned including the overwhelming majority.
If you think this is just meaningless verbiage, then recall all the unpopular stances I take. I am not very much interested in what the ‘experts’ know as I am challenging why you should believe them.
Oh well, enough for tonight. Have a good evening. :)
One Degree wrote: Since everything is an opinion, it is the only thing we have for evidence.
:roll: Facts are not opinions. Opinions are not evidence.

One Degree wrote:I am aware this can be frustrating
Yes, dealing with willful ignorance is frustrating. Opinions are not facts.

One Degree wrote: I readily admit I am not into hero worship.
Yet you support, defend, and cheer everything Trump does. I am sorry, but I will not believe this lie.

One Degree wrote:If you think this is just meaningless verbiage, then recall all the unpopular stances I take. I am not very much interested in what the ‘experts’ know as I am challenging why you should believe them.
Pearls before swine comes to mind. @Drlee is quite correct. Goodnight.
One Degree wrote:It looks like they have more than enough unemployed to supply pickers. What’s the problem?

@Drlee
11 million illegals are not going to leave overnight. Even if they did, a country of over 300,000,000 can survive it easily. It gets really old listening to the nonstop whining from people that believe no one should ever suffer hardship. What a bunch of idealistic wusses.

It doesn't matter why. The proof of the pudding is in the eating: They aren't showing up on the farms for work. The crops are dying in the fields. Now, you can foot the tax bill to see if they are medically fit, and or audit them to see if this financially viable if you like. Your call.
Stormsmith wrote:It doesn't matter why. The proof of the pudding is in the eating: They aren't showing up on the farms for work. The crops are dying in the fields. Now, you can foot the tax bill to see if they are medically fit, and or audit them to see if this financially viable if you like. Your call.

They aren’t showing up for many reasons. Mainly it is because our ‘safety network’ does not provide enough incentives for them to. If you are on unemployment, then you don’t have to take a pickers job if you have never been a picker. There is sense to this policy, but it needs to be looser. Take the job or lose the benefits. Same with those on welfare.
It is not up to the government to prove their medical fitness. This burden falls on the one receiving the benefits. The government simply accepts or rejects their evidence. This can easily be made more strict without any additional expense. You are also conflating ‘disability’ with welfare and unemployment. Health is not a factor usually in the latter two. So your and Drlee’s arguments about physical unfitness is disingenuous.

The articles presented by Five, are about failed […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Increasingly, they're admitting defeat. https://tw[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Handcuffed medics, patients with medical equipment[…]

These protests are beautiful. And again..the kids […]