DHS Report: 2000 Children Separated From Parents In Past Six Weeks - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I have explained this before. Federal judges were not meant to be trial judges. Their job is to interpret the constitution based upon current needs.

Explained? Not likely. Why? It is utter nonsense. Mostly gibberish.

You are out-gunned sport. You should take a break.
Decky wrote:If you think the policy is good then explain why.

Crime enforcement deals primarily with the acts of individuals. Punishment is meted out on that basis too. So jail cells are not equipped as a place for raising children. Jails suck. So bleeding hearts who think the children did no wrong should not have to be in jail. Consequently, the children are removed from the jail cell. They could create a "least restrictive" policy for some criminal detainees if they are non-violent. However, generally they need to be very careful of MS-13 and other drug cartel types, because the state would be held liable if they didn't protect detainees from each other.

maz wrote:It is illustrative of how this entire thing is manufactured to push a totally transparent partisan narrative.

All of the sudden the issue of detaining families at the border is like the holocaust.

Right. The other problem with is is that it is desensitizing people to events like the Holocaust, because there are legitimate reasons for defending a border. Since part of the problem with European Jews was their non-assimilation into the dominant culture, it tends to legitimize the Holocaust rather than to politically undermine Trump.

One Degree wrote:Many Republicans are still afraid it will cost them votes, and ofcourse that is all that matters to them.

There are a lot of lily-livered Republicans who aren't worth defending. This is actually a good case study on who has a backbone and who doesn't.

jimjam wrote:A two-year-old Honduran asylum seeker cries...……..

Here is one of Trump's hostages.

Sure. Two-year olds know what asylum is... :roll:

jimjam wrote:While there is extreme censorship being exercised with photographs banned, this one from the British paper The Guardian slipped through

I'm sure the kid is thinking more along the lines of, "Oh my God, this fat guy might sit on me!" I don't think there are many two year olds thinking, "If I don't get in to America, I'll be persecuted for my anti-government political views" or somesuch.

Godstud wrote:Trump's a good guy, though...

Did Hitler actually say that, though? I'm guessing he didn't. I know he referred to them as a like a virus. Personally, I think Hitler would be offended by this comparison.

Hong Wu wrote:This is one of the most thoroughly debunked misquotes of the past few months. Also we don't need two threads on this.

Godwin's Law applies to Godstud too.

maz wrote:How many more of these stupid hoaxes are we going to have to tolerate?

Until the political left realizes that we're not going to make public policy based upon the emotional outbursts of two-year olds...

Drlee wrote:The best solution is to vigorously enforce the laws against employing illegal aliens.

I agree. I think Trump should create a "safe harbor" executive order allowing illegal aliens to come forward and report a crime and have a "get-out-of-jail free" card for the duration of proceedings until about 30-90 days after a verdict or sentencing, so they can re-disappear and then become legitimate ICE targets again. I would maybe even add a sweetener that they get preferential position in applications for citizenship if the reported crime and testimony leads to a conviction. It would be applicable to crimes against the person, crimes against the property of the person, employment of illegal aliens, unfair labor treatment of illegal aliens, human trafficking, etc. If the police won't cooperate, maybe illegal aliens will. It would be better to put globalists in jail than illegal aliens in many cases.

Drlee wrote: Be nice. Give one warning. Then arrest them. I am talking these ranchers, farmers, hotel owners, construction company owners. You name it. The problem will end overnight.

Oh, I forgot: add civil asset forfeiture to the mix. Take the ranches, hotels, restaurants, etc. into receivership. Make them fight to get their property back. That will end it even faster.

Drlee wrote:First of all these newly unemployed people would have nowhere to go. Home? How would they get there? Mexico certainly wouldn't let them cross.

That's what the military is for.

Drlee wrote:You see guys, what you seem to want is simply impossible.

For all the Hitler comparisons, if the Holocaust is not impossible, the dislocations of enforcing present immigration laws are not impossible either. It just means America has to wean itself off of slave labor again.

suntzu wrote:The U.S. has about 90,000,000 people who are paid not to work.

Could we use them, instead?

Exactly. Cut welfare. People go and get college degrees in music and then claim they "can't find a job" and are thereby entitled to life-long welfare of some sort. Like, "the anxiety of being unemployed has made me disabled." :roll: It's illegal to pay politicians to vote a certain way. That's called bribery. It's not illegal to pay citizens to vote a certain way. That's called welfare.

Godstud wrote:I am sorry, but anecdotal evidence is generally not admissible in court.

Everything is admissible in the court of public opinion. We're dealing with politics here, not law.

Drlee wrote:I am still waiting for you to describe your program for deporting the over 6 million immigrants who have been in the US over 10 years. I challenge you do do that. That would, by the way, put over 2 million homes for sale at once.

With the housing market overheating, this is an ideal time to start.
Drlee wrote:Still one problem though. We have this annoying constitution. What do we do with the millions of minor children who are citizens when their parents are deported? Please don't tell us that we can deport them too. That would be illegal. It might, in fact, be illegal to even allow them to go with a deportee.

You know, some mothers have lost their children when they've been told their children were to have showers, or mothers who had their infants torn from their arms as they nursed might want to argue their kids were kidnapped

And to those of you who like to argue these parents are illegal immigrants, let me remind you they haven't been charged, tried, nor convicted. And I think they have a right to appeal for sanctuary.
Stormsmith wrote:You know, some mothers have lost their children when they've been told their children were to have showers, or mothers who had their infants torn from their arms as they nursed might want to argue their kids were kidnapped.

This makes it obvious you are getting your ‘news’ from some idiot’s tweets. I really feel sorry for you if you believe this is what is happening.
@One Degree Just because you get your news from tweets or from your ass, does not mean other people are. :knife: Your statement is a truly ignorant one.

Why don't you provide some evidence that this is false, instead of just giving your childish and moronic opinion?

You cannot? That's because you enjoy Trump's lies and you cannot tell what the truth is anymore.
Godstud wrote:@One Degree Just because you get your news from tweets or from your ass, does not mean other people are. :knife: Your statement is a truly ignorant one.

Why don't you provide some evidence that this is false, instead of just giving your childish and moronic opinion?

You cannot? That's because you enjoy Trump's lies and you cannot tell what the truth is anymore.

All I get from your post is you are very upset I won’t accept extremist propaganda. If you believe this is how US citizens behave then I understand you not living here. My life experience has given me no reason to believe my fellow citizens behave this way or would even accept orders to do so. Just lies.
For the uneducated like you, everything that is not confirmation bias is fake. YOU are the liar. You are the one who eats up Trump's lies like you gobbling up a McDonald's cheeseburger.

Your life experience was pretty pathetic if you still can't tell lies from facts.
Godstud wrote:For morons like you, everything that is not confirmation bias is fake. YOU are the liar. You are the one who eats up Trump's lies like you gobbling up a McDonald's cheeseburger.

Your life experience was pretty pathetic if you still can't tell lies from facts.

The original post we are discussing did not have a source. Where did you get your validation for it’s truthfulness? You are ranting, insulting, and foaming at the mouth defending a random post with no source.
As said before, Trump supporters really appreciate your posts. The irrationality you expose is a ‘Godsend’. :)
Seeing as you never provide sources, so you shouldn't talk.

I am just pointing out how you spread lies and falsehoods, because you are becoming like your god, Trump. Inhumane and without human empathy. Good job. You'll soon be just like that piece of shit, Trump.
Godstud wrote:Seeing as you never provide sources, so you shouldn't talk.

I am just pointing out how you spread lies and falsehoods, because you are becoming like your god, Trump. Inhumane and without human empathy. Good job. You'll soon be just like that piece of shit, Trump.

Please post a lie I have told.
Yes, in a world where all seems to be biased, it is a good idea to rely more on reason and actual life experience than sources.
When it is obvious the researchers we are suppose to trust are often biased idiots, it is foolish to trust their research.
They could create a "least restrictive" policy for some criminal detainees if they are non-violent.

Only a tiny fraction of detainees are violent offenders. Practically none. They could be housed in one small center.

Again. All of the rhetoric aside this issue has absolutely nothing to do with crime. In all but a few cases we are dealing with a minor misdemeanor offense punishable by a very small fine. A fine so small that littering is prosecuted more severely. A speeding ticket in Virginia carries a routine fine higher than the maximum allowable for first offense illegal entry.

Yet. Because of political demagoguery these people are called "criminal". If I referred to your child who got a reckless driving ticket as a criminal, you might sue. You would certainly feel it unfair. The same for a litterer. But the racists eat this shit up. It is this sense of proportion that proves the racism claim.

Republicans do not want more immigrants now (unlike in Reagan's time) because those who become naturalized tend to vote democrat. Also their fat-cat donors want their economic indentured servants.

I do not take seriously anyone who advocates for the current "zero tolerance" policy. They are either silly racists or they are little short of diabolical. Either way they are not very smart. I am still awaiting a single proponent of the zero tolerance program (which includes the deporting of parents of US citizens and those who have been here over 10 years working and owning homes) to give us a plan to do this without destroying the economy.

But we are a nation with a representative government (occasionally). The plan must be doable in the current political climate. Reagan was smart enough to do this. The fact is that no sentient human being really wants to deport 10-12 million people. The new "zero tolerance" program is simply a political move. It is an extension of the previously described Southern Strategy. It is aimed at mostly ignorant white people who have been convinced through disinformation that their jobs and way of life are at risk. This is not the first time.

"NO IRISH NEED APPLY"
Only the rich or idiots place the economy over the wants of the people. Most of us don’t have enough that any economic change would matter. I really don’t care about the value of your stocks. I will be fine. The threats of economic chaos are just another lie that even if it happened mainly only effects the ‘haves’.
Equating immigration with racism is just another transparent lie. Why can’t you discuss immigration policy without inserting racism in every post. Just more conflating culture with race to create believable lies.
I challenge a single one of you to continue discussing immigration without race. Your arguments are phony unless you do.
Only the rich or idiots place the economy over the wants of the people.

:lol:

Most of us don’t have enough that any economic change would matter.

I see. You are too poor for the social program cuts the republicans are making don't effect you?

:eh:

I really don’t care about the value of your stocks. I will be fine. The threats of economic chaos are just another lie that even if it happened mainly only effects the ‘haves’.

You mean like 2008 when because of GWB's policies and in the face of obvious criticism, the economic crash cost millions of low and middle income people to lose their jobs, retirement and homes"

Equating immigration with racism is just another transparent lie.

No its not. I have asked you again and again why we should deport these people and your only answer is that they have violated one minor misdemeanor.

Why can’t you discuss immigration policy without inserting racism in every post. Just more conflating culture with race to create believable lies.
I challenge a single one of you to continue discussing immigration without race. Your arguments are phony unless you do.

Nonsense. I have been the one separating race from the issue. It is the fiddle and banjo crowd like yourself that keeps bringing your own racism up.

I proposed several solutions to stop illegal immigration now without even mentioning race. You have done nothing of the sort. For me it is not a racial issue. For me it IS an economic issue. And it would be for you if you were wise enough to stop your knee-jerk Fox News talking points. But then it has always been easier to be fed your opinion than to develop it.

I honestly believe that you do not understand just how ignorant your expressed opinions sound to educated and informed people.
Drlee wrote::lol:

I see. You are too poor for the social program cuts the republicans are making don't effect you?

:eh:

You mean like 2008 when because of GWB's policies and in the face of obvious criticism, the economic crash cost millions of low and middle income people to lose their jobs, retirement and homes"

No its not. I have asked you again and again why we should deport these people and your only answer is that they have violated one minor misdemeanor.

Nonsense. I have been the one separating race from the issue. It is the fiddle and banjo crowd like yourself that keeps bringing your own racism up.

I proposed several solutions to stop illegal immigration now without even mentioning race. You have done nothing of the sort. For me it is not a racial issue. For me it IS an economic issue. And it would be for you if you were wise enough to stop your knee-jerk Fox News talking points. But then it has always been easier to be fed your opinion than to develop it.

I honestly believe that you do not understand just how ignorant your expressed opinions sound to educated and informed people.

I accepted your solutions and added to them. You seem to only recall what you pretend I say instead of what I actually say.
Tell me why anyone should be allowed to step one foot into the US without prior authorization?
Tell me why anyone should be allowed to step one foot into the US without prior authorization?

They shouldn't and they are not. Are you not aware that this is against the law?

Now tell me what to do with the ones who did 10 years ago, own homes, have citizen children and employ Americans. Start with those.
Drlee wrote:They shouldn't and they are not. Are you not aware that this is against the law?

Now tell me what to do with the ones who did 10 years ago, own homes, have citizen children and employ Americans. Start with those.

When they entered does not matter. As we agreed, they should not have entered, therefore it requires correction. We could even agree the US is at some fault for the current situation. This does not change the fact they knew they entered the country illegally. We are not responsible for their illegal actions.
One Degree wrote:This makes it obvious you are getting your ‘news’ from some idiot’s tweets. I really feel sorry for you if you believe this is what is happening.

Obvious? I don't use Twitter, Facebook etc. I rarely read them when others c & p them here. But if you don't think the msm still has some integrity left, that would go a long way to explain how an retired teacher could adopt your attitude. I don't mean that unkindly, but it's an odd approach for a teacher to adopt. Also, how many different ways to enter do you have? They're trying to enter legally, otherwise they try a slip through somewhere there are no Americans nearby, n'est pas?
Stormsmith wrote:Obvious? I don't use Twitter, Facebook etc. I rarely read them when others c & p them here. But if you don't think the msm still has some integrity left, that would go a long way to explain how an retired teacher could adopt your attitude. I don't mean that unkindly, but it's an odd approach for a teacher to adopt.

No, I have a strict discipline of never restricting myself to one media outlet. They have zero integrity. If you truly read for example Fox and NBC everyday, it has to be obvious what they omit, the different slant they place on the few common stories, the ‘additional’ news they choose. They are both pure propaganda.
Fox actually is very strange sometimes in appearing more fair with anti Trump articles. I often get the impression of an underlying anti Trump ‘retreat position’.
Neither network is making any real attempt at fairness. The conflating of news and advertising alone shows they are only interested in pursuing their game plan.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If there is no evidence, then the argument that th[…]

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-pro[…]

Wishing to see the existence of a massively nucle[…]

I was reading St. Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain t[…]