Make Cancer Great Again - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
In October 2013, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), the World Health Organization agency concerned with cancer causes and control, classified “outdoor air pollution” as a cause of cancer. The Working Group convened by IARC, a multidisciplinary group of scientists, found the evidence to be sufficiently strong to classify outdoor air pollution as a Group 1 carcinogen, indicating that the evidence is definitive.

Researchers from MIT’s Laboratory for Aviation and the Environment have come out with some sobering new data on air pollution’s impact on Americans’ health.
The group tracked ground-level emissions from sources such as industrial smokestacks, vehicle tailpipes, marine and rail operations, and commercial and residential heating throughout the United States, and found that such air pollution causes about 200,000 early deaths each year.

The EPA under Trump has been leading a unprecedented unraveling of not just climate regulation, but of the agency's basic clean air and water mandates. Under Scott Pruitt, the EPA has ignored or denied pleas from several states to address ground-level ozone, or smog, a pollutant at the core of the agency's work since its inception 48 years ago.

As Oklahoma Attorney General, Scott Pruitt has sued 14 times to block clean air and water safeguards from EPA, the agency he now leads. New research shows that in every suit except one, at least one of Pruitt’s co-litigators contributed to Pruitt’s campaign or a political action committee affiliated with Pruitt – directly, or via an employee or member.
These co-litigators include some of the biggest polluters in the nation who stand to gain the most by blocking bedrock clean air and clean water safeguards.

Hey, let's spend $40,000,000,000 to build a wall next to Mexico and create one of the biggest white elephants in history while, at the same time, increase levels of cancer and death throughout the land.
I am typing this post from a radioactive device known to cause increased risk of cancer....

Yet no one does a damn thing about it.

Tell someone who cares guys... Our race has a long history of inventing shit that increases Cancer rates(and technology addiction)....
jimjam wrote:Hey, let's spend $40,000,000,000 to build a wall next to Mexico and create one of the biggest white elephants in history while, at the same time, increase levels of cancer and death throughout the land.

We all misunderstood Trump. In reality he is this kindhearted old gentleman who wants to protect Mexicans from the terrible fate of cancer :lol:

But seriously, why should it concern the Scott Pruitts of this world and their billionaire buddies? As long as they can rake in big profits at the expense of the environment and the health of Mr. average Joe, they will be fine in their walled off compounds with plenty of clean air.

Why does Mr. average Joe vote for them? It is beyond normal human comprehension.
What is an ‘early death’? No matter how long the average lifespan, someone must die early to create the average. It is easy to apply all kinds of causes to this, but they are usually manipulations of data that mean little. Some of us must die early. I would be more willing to listen to evidence showing deteriorated quality of life while we are living.
By jimjam
Trump apologists, not unlike their boy, are endlessly creative in dreaming up ways of supporting their "Donald never errs" line and either shifting blame or denying blame. Apparently denying responsibility for any and all dubious, wrong, disasters or heartless results of Donald's actions is the foundation for making America great again.

My point, above, had absolutely nothing to do with the timing of a person's death or the prevalence of cancer causing implements in our daily lives. It has nothing to do with, and this is my favorite, tailpipe emissions of Democrat owned or bleeding heart liberal owned vehicles. It has to do with the premeditated removal of policies that diminish the prevalence of cancer causing poison in our air and water. It has to do with the acceptance of human misery as an insignificant piece of collateral damage related to improving the profits of corporations owned by America's plutocracy or, if you will, Trump's "deep state".
jimjam wrote:Trump apologists, not unlike their boy, are endlessly creative in dreaming up ways of supporting their "Donald never errs" line and either shifting blame or denying blame. Apparently denying responsibility for any and all dubious, wrong, disasters or heartless results of Donald's actions is the foundation for making America great again.

My point, above, had absolutely nothing to do with the timing of a person's death or the prevalence of cancer causing implements in our daily lives. It has nothing to do with, and this is my favorite, tailpipe emissions of Democrat owned or bleeding heart liberal owned vehicles. It has to do with the premeditated removal of policies that diminish the prevalence of cancer causing poison in our air and water. It has to do with the acceptance of human misery as an insignificant piece of collateral damage related to improving the profits of corporations owned by America's plutocracy or, if you will, Trump's "deep state".

I don’t know if these studies are significant. There seems to be a lot of disagreement. I do know my childhood was spent in a neighborhood constantly covered by black soot from a GM foundry. It was a daily nuisance. I am now 70. It did not kill me. How concerned should I be?
I definitely think it is a good idea to reduce pollutants. Clean environments definitely make us feel better, but I see no definitive proof that we should go apeshit over every possible carcinogen.
By jimjam
One Degree wrote:apeshit

Apeshit is, of course, a relative term. Oil billionaires would agree with you. They could ALWAYS use another billion. Folks suffering from lung cancer caused by poison laced air would most likely not agree with you. Let us agree to disagree. You and Donald, it seems, would prefer to err on the side of corporate profits while I and many others would prefer to err on the side of healthy American citizens.

As an aside, Scott Pruitt, a Trump suck up extraordinary, was quoted as saying, "happy birthday Mr. President" upon presenting Donald with a rule change that would result in increased toxicity in America's drinking water.

Once again, after greatly simplifying my point, Donald and his suck ups are more concerned with increasing profits of greatly profitable industries than they are for the health and well being of millions of American citizens. This is obvious to all but the "Trump never errs" apologists.
jimjam wrote:Apeshit is, of course, a relative term. Oil billionaires would agree with you. They could ALWAYS use another billion. Folks suffering from lung cancer caused by poison laced air would most likely not agree with you. Let us agree to disagree. You and Donald, it seems, would prefer to err on the side of corporate profits while I and many others would prefer to err on the side of healthy American citizens.

As an aside, Scott Pruitt, a Trump suck up extraordinary, was quoted as saying, "happy birthday Mr. President" upon presenting Donald with a rule change that would result in increased toxicity in America's drinking water.

Once again, after greatly simplifying my point, Donald and his suck ups are more concerned with increasing profits of greatly profitable industries than they are for the health and well being of millions of American citizens. This is obvious to all but the "Trump never errs" apologists.

Being ‘obvious to all’ just means this is the establishment line. As was pointed out, “eggs are bad then they are good” etc. There is a difference between pursuing a clean environment and just blindly pursuing a politically biased agenda. We have repeatedly been shown many of these ‘threats to our health’ are actually insignificant. They were the result of science tainted by an agenda. They found what they looked for.
I have repeatedly brought up the hypocrisy of ‘political environmentalists’ ignoring major threats such as shipping and air travel. Again, how bad is it if they don’t even discuss the most significant factors?
I am all for a clean environment, but I no longer have much faith in what ‘political environmentalists’ promote.
They have cried wolf too often. Their fixes are bandaids that solve nothing.
I would love to be against Trump on this, but I don’t trust what my experience has shown me of his opponents.
(actually, I am against Trump on this but not at an irrational level that I accuse him of threatening my life)
You bring up water. No one else in the world has safer water than the US. How bad can it be really?
By jimjam
President Trump said during the campaign that he would like to abolish the EPA or ‘leave a little bit’. It is a goal he has and sometimes it takes a long time to achieve goals. You can’t abolish the EPA by waving a magic wand.

Next he appoints Scott Pruitt to head up the EPA wrecking crew. Scott is the man who sued the EPA 14 times on behalf of oil companies while A.G. of Oklahoma.

I guess we can conclude that Donald doesn't give a shit about protecting the environment. This mentality will without question result in increased degradation of the environment and increased cancer, sickness and death of American citizens. Also additional billions for billionaires.

Want the truth? That's easy …. follow the money.

If you think Donald is interested in doing the greatest good for the majority of the people ( :lol: ), you are a fool and you have been conned by, arguably, the greatest con artist in history.
By jimjam
Zagadka wrote:The problem is that some people legitimately think that the EPA is some conspiracy to choke free industry, which is clearly perfectly safe on its own.You can't fight purposeful ignorance

You are correct. I know I am pissing into the wind but POFO presents an opportunity for venting therapy and, for that, I am grateful. It is mind boggling how easily fooled people are. My follow the money and find the truth axiom is just way to complex for their poor over wrought brains to comprehend.

One Degree wrote:No one else in the world has safer water than the US. How bad can it be really?

You bring up an excellent point. America's water is so safe and clean that it wouldn't do a whole lot of harm to get rid of the regulations that make it that way and permit just a tad of industrial waste to be dumped into our waterways. This will be good for business which will, of course, provide jobs. (this is the old "provide jobs partial truth/con that is very effective when disseminated by fake news :lol:)
@jimjam
Our bodies are amazing in their ability to neutralize harmful elements. It is only when our body is subjected to levels larger than it can deal with that we suffer harmful effects. EPA regulations often are overly protective imo. Like most things, I agree with their purpose but find fault with their overzealous practice.
By jimjam
One Degree wrote:@jimjam
Our bodies are amazing in their ability to neutralize harmful elements. It is only when our body is subjected to levels larger than it can deal with that we suffer harmful effects. EPA regulations often are overly protective imo. Like most things, I agree with their purpose but find fault with their overzealous practice.

As I have said, my man: follow the money to arrive at the truth. Are you going to trust industry, those who's profits will be increased if they can dump industrial waste into your water supply, to determine when our bodies are being subjected to harmful levels if industrial poison? Good luck with that one.

Overzealous? I agree. However, I prefer overzealousness on behalf of my health to overzealousness on behalf of giving billionaires another few billion. If they cannot run a clean business they should not be in business.
jimjam wrote:Are you going to trust industry, those who's profits will be increased if they can dump industrial waste into your water supply, to determine when our bodies are being subjected to harmful levels if industrial poison?

Yes, Americans (and other rich nations) are going to trust industry. What choice do they have, these nations were built out of the lies of industry.

Americans once believed that Indians (Natives) had no soul. This made them easier to kill, so Americans believed it.

Americans easily believed that Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya were all "evil" and in need of "saving" - the "saving" involving enough bombs and poisons to destroy their cultures and livelihoods.

Americans believe anything that money and power tells them. This is what makes it special. And the rest of the world have no choice but to follow along and "believe" in all the lies that powerful people tell.

Trump has made yellow lies great again. But Yellow Journalism is what made America "great" the first few times.
By jimjam
QatzelOk wrote:Americans believe anything that money and power tells them

I find it startling and depressing how easily influenced Americans are. L.H.Oswald killed Kennedy all by himself? Why, of course. Didn't the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court say so? What an insult to anyone's intelligence who has at least two functioning brain cells.
I am sure there were plenty of angry husbands who would have assisted Oswald. :)
One Degree wrote:You bring up water. No one else in the world has safer water than the US. How bad can it be really?

Does Flint Michigan ring any bells? There are other cities with lead pipes. There are other ways to spoil water. Agricultural runoff, industrial, or even an individual's runoff.

You're water is pretty good, and it's improved because of the Clean Water Act, compliments of EPA. But this can be changed or eliminate in a heartbeat.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

...you can't make that call without seeing the ev[…]

Back on topic , here are my results . I find […]

Btw, there is racism going on, but if you want to[…]

This is not the ideal place to put this, but it's[…]