Red States vs. Blue States - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
There's still one House seat in New York that hasn't been decided, but if it goes Republican it only changes New York's percentage by 0.1%, which won't change its ranking (barely). So, here's the new numbers, the numbers for the previous two Federal election cycles, how states have moved up and down the rankings, and break points between Red, Purple, and Blue.

Personally, I find the continued shrinking of the number of Purple states worrying, if not outright scary. Though it'll be interesting to see what kind of impact the shift in House seats after the census results are released have on the numbers.
Unthinking Majority wrote:
What do those numbers represent?

Not much.

The tables are not set up clearly, and I gave up after a while.

That's not to knock the author, setting up a bunch of tables isn't as easy as it sounds.
Last edited by late on 11 Jan 2021 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
They represent how much each state has voted Republican for President, Senate, House of Representatives, and Governor over the past eight Federal election cycles/sixteen years (some of the elections for Governor are in odd-numbered years), each of the four weighted equally. It's something I came up with after a columnist pointed out that you can't really say that a state is a Red state just because it voted for the Republican in the last presidential election--there's more to it, both in offices and time.

Chimps are about six times stronger than the aver[…]

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]