SCOTUS Rules Unions Can't Force non-Members to Pay Dues. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... edium=push

It was partly a speech issue. If the union can't convince people to join of their own free will, what function is it serving exactly?

Perhaps related, the AFL-CIO recently endorsed a GOP candidate for the first time in a long time. It's almost like they'll have to put effort into winning over workers if they want to continue existing.
Hong Wu wrote:https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jun/27/supreme-court-rules-government-workers-cant-be-for/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_campaign=pushnotify&utm_medium=push

It was partly a speech issue. If the union can't convince people to join of their own free will, what function is it serving exactly?

Perhaps related, the AFL-CIO recently endorsed a GOP candidate for the first time in a long time. It's almost like they'll have to put effort into winning over workers if they want to continue existing.

This was my biggest fight as a teacher. I have never joined organizations as a matter of principle. When they tried to force everyone to pay dues regardless of membership, I was ready to quit. Fortunately, we defeated it while I was a teacher. There is no justification for forcing people to pay dues to an organization they don’t support.
Hong Wu wrote:It's almost like they'll have to put effort into winning over workers if they want to continue existing.

This ruling is long overdue. Unions can be a great thing, but they are worthless when they become coercive. Non Union members should simply be denied Union Benefits, (raises, pensions, etc.)

Zam 8)
skinster wrote:I accidentally stepped on Meowmmed's paw when he was hovering behind me while I was making pasta for me and Mum. He yelped but then kept coming back to me, I would like to think because he loves me but it's most likely because I had food. :|

Zamuel wrote:Non Union members should simply be denied Union Benefits, (raises, pensions, etc.)

Sure, but is that easily implementable?
I doubt it, the dilemma is probably that creating unequal relationships between union and non-union employees would look divisive to both management and employees. So they are forced, unofficially, to get deals for all employees. But then, not all employees want to join the union, so it's a Catch 22. Regardless though, at one time people wanted to join unions of their own free will and now they sometimes don't. IMHO the problem is treating people by some category instead of as individuals, something the left always seems set on even though they supposedly philosophically value individualism, it somehow for them always becomes about group status and not about the individual.

Those who were buried do not have a burial date pr[…]

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be used[…]

@FiveofSwords " Franz [B]oas " Are[…]

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/178385974554[…]