Guardians of the Galaxy Director Fired Over Disturbing Tweets - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
edit because I misspelled "Guardian" in the title!

The media is going after Mike Cernovich the Pizzagate guy for a big time Hollywood guy who appeared to have an obsession with young boys and other weird shit and let everyone know about it on Twitter.

One sci-fi writer blamed "white supremacists" and Yahoo even posted the story to their site but it got deleted because I guess the premises is just a little ridiculous.

White Supremacists Work to Get 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Director James Gunn Fired

Marvel’s Infinity War is nothing compared to real-life culture wars. On Friday, Disney fired Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn after prominent members of the white supremacist media exposed several old, offensive tweets that the director had largely long-since deleted.

Gunns offensive tweets, which included jokes about topics such as pedophilia, rape, AIDS, and the Holocaust, were unearthed by white supremacist Mike Cernovich. The tweets, largely posted between 2008 and 2011 before Disney hired Gunn to direct the first Guardians movie, were by the directors own admission “offensive.”

“The best thing about being raped is when you’re done being raped and it’s like ‘whew this feels great, not being raped!” he wrote in a 2009 tweet. “I remember my first NAMBLA meeting. It was the first time I felt ok being who I am,” read another.

Although the tweets had been deleted, Cernovich and other white supremacist types, like Jack Posobiec, were able to recover them.

“Many people who have followed my career know when I started, I viewed myself as a provocateur, making movies and telling jokes that were outrageous and taboo,” Gunn wrote on Twitter prior to being fired. “As I have discussed publicly many times, as I’ve developed as a person, so has my work and my humor.”

News of the firing broke shortly after 3 p.m. Eastern on Friday afternoon.

“The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him,” Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn said in a statement released on Friday afternoon, according to Deadline.

Gunn is clearly joking in all of the old tweets, but they’re still horrible jokes. However, the members of the white supremacist who unearthed the tweets didn’t bring this up because their own delicate sensibilities were offended. Fox News notes that Gunn is an outspoken critic of Donald Trump on Twitter, and supposes that the white supremacist targeted the director as payback. Indeed, white supremacist leaders are explicitly comparing Gunn’s tweets to Roseanne Barr’s Twitter outburst that prompted ABC (also owned by Disney) to fire her and cancel Roseanne.

“As of now, Gunn still has a job with the same company, despite dozens of terrible tweets he is defending as jokes,” wrote Breitbart, prior to Gunn’s firing. “And we all know why: Gunn is a rabid Hollywood leftist and Trump hater. Roseanne Barr is a vocal Trump supporter.”

^tfw

These are not good-faith comparisons. Old offensive jokes are bad and they do not reflect well on Gunn at all. He deleted them for a reason, though it’s not crazy to expect that he should face some sort of repercussions for them — although Disney caving to white supremacist pressure and firing him maybe isn’t the best response. But, to say they’re a one-to-one comparison to targeted racist tweets Barr made this year while she was employed by Disney is absurd (unless all the people making the comparison want to do is cry false hypocrisy and score a win for their side by owning the libs).

It’s unclear what impact Gunn’s firing is going to have on Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3 but it is clear that American society is broken and that the internet is a fetid cancer.

This article below is very funny about Mike Cernovich and Pizzage.

How Pizzagate Pusher Mike Cernovich Keeps Getting People Fired

Mike Cernovich was celebrating on Friday, at least for a few hours. Disney had just fired James Gunn, the director of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” and an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump, over crude jokes about pedophilia and rape Gunn made on Twitter between 2008 to 2011.

Cernovich had mobilized his network to have the tweets show up in all corners of the internet ― and in Disney’s executive suite ― and he was rewarded when “James Gunn” shot to the top of Twitter’s national trending topics.

“I couldn’t sleep. I was up until 3 a.m.,” an exuberant Cernovich told HuffPost on Friday. “That’s a lot of real sick stuff.”

Cernovich had claimed a trophy. This was what the far-right propagandist lived for, these kamikaze moments. They kept him going. They got him high. They allowed him to cling to a dank relevancy, even as it slips through his fingers.

“I’ve been a very good boy since Pizzagate,” he said, as he watched Disney dispatch Gunn.

By now, it should come as no surprise that Cernovich, who played a key role in y now, it should come as no surprise that Cernovich, who played a key role in manipulating public opinion during the 2016 election, was involved in the campaign against Gunn. The far-right propagandist has been locked in an endless war against the mainstream media, and at the end of 2017, had warned his “enemies” that he planned to use their tweets against them. He would dig up “fireable tweets.”
Last edited by maz on 23 Jul 2018 04:14, edited 1 time in total.
I'm sure Roseanne's Twitter post was a joke, but people still wanted her fired. You can't have it both ways depending on your political ideology. Do you punish offensive jokes or not?

I'm sure Gunn is a nice guy, but the days of Twitter trolling without punishment is over. He should learn from his mistake and accept his punishment. And the new generation of directors that follow should learn from his experience.
Why the hell joke around pedophilia that way? First of all I do not believe him (when he says he is just joking around); second, if you think those jokes are okay there is something wrong with you. Third, people who think other people making those jokes is okay there is something wrong with them also.
Last edited by Albert on 22 Jul 2018 21:40, edited 2 times in total.
These are not good-faith comparisons. Old offensive jokes are bad and they do not reflect well on Gunn at all. He deleted them for a reason, though it’s not crazy to expect that he should face some sort of repercussions for them — although Disney caving to white supremacist pressure and firing him maybe isn’t the best response. But, to say they’re a one-to-one comparison to targeted racist tweets Barr made this year while she was employed by Disney is absurd (unless all the people making the comparison want to do is cry false hypocrisy and score a win for their side by owning the libs).

Exactly. He meant to criticise paedophiles and rapists, obviously, how is that comparable to Barr's blatant racism? :?:
Beren wrote:Exactly. He meant to criticise paedophiles and rapists, obviously, how is that comparable to Barr's blatant racism? :?:

To claim to be a paedophile is not to criticise. Jimmy Saville did likewise and it turned out his jokes were not jokes at all. There are much better ways to criticise paedophilia btw. Actually make a stand rather than troll. But like everything in life, you need to accept the words you write. And it is important to note sarcasm doesn't read well on the internet.
B0ycey wrote:To claim to be a paedophile is not to criticise. Jimmy Saville did likewise and it turned out his jokes were not jokes at all. There are much better ways to criticise paedophilia btw. Actually make a stand rather than troll. But like everything in life, you need to accept the words you write. And it is important to note sarcasm doesn't read well on the internet.

If his jokes were not jokes it's a criminal issue then, but if they were jokes then it was distasteful criticism, which is not comparable to blatant racism.
Beren wrote:If his jokes were not jokes it's a criminal issue then, but if they were jokes then it was untasteful criticism, which is not comparable to blatant racism.

But didn't Roseanne claim she wasn't a racist and blamed it on her meds? Everyone has an excuse. I see no difference in racists and paedophiles as I hate them equally. so I see no difference in the jokes about such issues. But I am glad I associate myself as a centrist as the hypocracy between the Alt-right and the Liberals are so blinding I can't believe they can't see it themselves.
B0ycey wrote:But didn't Roseanne claim she wasn't a racist and blamed it on her meds? Everyone has an excuse. I see no difference in racists and paedophiles as I hate them equally. so I see no difference in the jokes about such issues. But I am glad I associate myself as a centrist as the hypocracy between the Alt-right and the Liberals are so blinding I can't believe they can't see it themselves.

Barr has an excuse for racism, while Gunn has an excuse for bad taste. How are they the same?
Beren wrote:So being offensive should be discriminated against in and of itself? What if it's the truth that is offensive?

I don't understand what you mean here. But put it this way. Roseanne makes a joke that was indirectly racist - that is based on fictional characters that were monkies and associated them with someone who was black; and claims to not be a racist after her tweet and that her tweet was misunderstood. While Gunn claims to be a paedophile to protest against paedophilia and says he is not a paedophile and that his tweets were misunderstood and you cannot see the similarities here?

As I have already said, Liberals and the alt right are blinded by their own hypocracy. This is common on PoFo. So for sure it was going to happen on this case wasn't it.
Last edited by B0ycey on 22 Jul 2018 22:11, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Cernovich, who discovered the film director's old tweets, has also accused members of the liberal establishment of being pedophiles or running child sex rings. He is considered to be a major conspiracy theorist comparable to Alex Jones. Cernovich started co-hosting a show on Infowars in May of 2017. Cernovich could also be a Russian agent.

By now, it should come as no surprise that Cernovich, who played a key role in manipulating public opinion during the 2016 election, was involved in the campaign against Gunn. The far-right propagandist has been locked in an endless war against the mainstream media, and at the end of 2017, had warned his “enemies” that he planned to use their tweets against them. He would dig up “fireable tweets.”

It was a credible threat, especially for journalists — Cernovich’s favorite targets. In November, Cernovich bushwhacked MSNBC’s Sam Seder, distorting the context of an off-color Roman Polanski joke he’d tweeted almost a decade ago. Much like he did with Gunn, Cernovich smeared the podcast host as an enabler of pedophiles. Pedophilia is Cernovich’s favorite frame-up, and he gloated when clueless MSNBC executives briefly fired Seder.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mi ... 5c73c570ac
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 22 Jul 2018 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

@FiveofSwords " Franz [B]oas " Are […]

In the meantime, protestors peacefully assault ind[…]

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/178385974554[…]

Like all the fake messiahs of commercial media, M[…]