History Repeats Itself - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
Joseph Goebbels

Does this sound like anybody we know? :lol:

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"
D.Trump

jimjam wrote:“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
Joseph Goebbels

Yeah, the Democratic establishment with their Russia bullshit.

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"
D.Trump

He's right, they are fake news and they are the enemy of people.
By jimjam
Sivad wrote:Yeah, the Democratic establishment with their Russia bullshit.
He's right, they are fake news and they are the enemy of people.

This too repeats:

Divide and rule (or divide and conquer, from Latin dīvide et imperā) in politics and sociology is gaining and maintaining power by breaking up larger concentrations of power into pieces that individually have less power than the one implementing the strategy. The concept refers to a strategy that breaks up existing power structures, and especially prevents smaller power groups from linking up, causing rivalries and fomenting discord among the people. It was heavily used by British Empire in India and elsewhere.
By jimjam
Let's see …. am I hearing this correctly. If you agree with what you are hearing …. it's news. If you disagree with what you are hearing …. it's fake?

Here's a question for all you "non dumb" people. Has Donald ever dispensed "fake news"? :eek:
jimjam wrote:Let's see …. am I hearing this correctly. If you agree with what you are hearing …. it's news. If you disagree with what you are hearing …. it's fake?

No, you're hearing it like a partisan nitwit. If it's from a credible source and based in fact then it's news, if it's from the national security state or the dnc then it's dubious and if it's repeated uncritically by corporate shills posing as journalists then it's fake news.

Here's a question for all you "non dumb" people. Has Donald ever dispensed "fake news"? :eek:

Donald Trump is a dishonest, disingenous piece of shit and the corporate "news" is nothing but bullshit propaganda. It's not an either/or, it's both/and.
[Zag Edit: Rule 2] You gotta be a real bumpkin to trust corporate news. That kind of credulity is absurd for someone in their teens, for someone in their seventies it's just downright fucking preposterous.
Zagadka wrote:Yes, we should accept the reality of The Donald instead of what we hear and see.

What you hear and see ain't much when you're living in an establishment echo chamber. What you should do is ditch the partisan idiocy, be skeptical, and think critically.
By Zagadka
So say the people who just ignore media because reasons fake news witch hunt and believe every word out of Trump's mouth.

I don't take any one source as gospel. I take many, and I follow the trends. Like Trump lying. You clearly won't accept anyone's opinion as "critical thinking" if they come to a different conclusion than you. You are welcome to your opinion, don't tread on everyone else's by trying to disenfranchise news media.
By jimjam
Sivad wrote:[Zag Edit: Rule 2] You gotta be a real bumpkin to trust corporate news. That kind of credulity is absurd for someone in their teens, for someone in their seventies it's just downright fucking preposterous.

I do not recall saying that I "trusted corporate news". Try to remain calm and avoid assigning your prejudices to others. Most shit put forth as news is generally a mix of actual news (earthquakes, etc.) with propaganda (fake news and/or outright lies). "News" ,like anything, is essentially buyer beware and/or choose your poison. I actually get most of my "news" from non news sources. It's called observing and thinking :eek:.

Sivad wrote:Donald Trump is a dishonest, disingenous piece of shit and the corporate "news" is nothing but bullshit propaganda. It's not an either/or, it's both/and.

Agree.

I think you and I are not really that far apart. I am simply "old" and you are "young" and we live in the usual different universes. If you are lucky you may experience my universe someday. It is neither better nor worse; simply different.
Zagadka wrote:So say the people who just ignore media because reasons fake news witch hunt and believe every word out of Trump's mouth.

Those people are no different than the people who watch MSNBC and mindlessly regurgitate that bullshit.

You clearly won't accept anyone's opinion as "critical thinking" if they come to a different conclusion than you.

No, there are legitimate controversies, this just definitely isn't one of them.

trying to disenfranchise news media.

It ain't news, it's establishment propaganda. I wish there was a real news media on the teevee.
jimjam wrote:I think you and I are not really that far apart.

We're probably not that far apart in terms of political goals and I respect the fact that your heart's in the right place, but you're working against yourself by promoting bullshit.
@Sivad

Most of us understand the news is a commercial enterprise, and always has been. It's dependent on ratings and advertising. Of course we know about spin, so please stop insulting everyone. You're not the only person here that can think critically

Look at a different issue: the Flint River and lead poisoning - fake or no?
Stormsmith wrote:@Sivad

Most of us understand the news is a commercial enterprise, and always has been. It's dependent on ratings and advertising. Of course we know about spin, so please stop insulting everyone.

Well then what's with promoting the Russiagate shit? That's as fake as it gets, it's obvious and you people just keep hyping it. The kicker about "disenfranchising the news media" is that the establishment is going use russiagate and the fake news hysteria to deplatform actual real journalists. You're all promoting a dangerous false narrative and helping the establishment silence the real journalists that are independent of corporate money and not beholden to the corrupt politicians. If you know what you're doing and you're still doing it just to obstruct Donald Trump then you've just lost your minds.
@Sivad

Whoa, partner. Answer my question first:

Look at a different issue: the Flint River and lead poisoning - fake or no?
jimjam wrote:“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
Joseph Goebbels

Yes, completely.

Sivad already called it but I thought of it immediately while reading the OP. Sivad is justified in his insults/anger because of how dangerous the Russiagate lies are, not to mention a complete distraction from actual news. 2 years later and you people are still eating up shit from the CIA and FBI; you should be ashamed and embarrassed to even speak on this topic now, but either you're too stupid to figure shit out or too manipulated to realize the shit you're eating is actual shit brought to you by the same people who sold us war and genocide.

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Glad you are so empathetic and self-critical and […]

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]