Infowars, Harasser of Parents of Sandy Hook Victims, Has Been Deplatformed Thread - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
colliric wrote:https://youtu.be/PtfAl6I4SM0

.....and he's back. Didn't work. Proxy accounts will keep uploading his stuff to YouTube and he'll keep making cash from the vitamins and water filters...

Pointless deleting of his videos....

You realize he doesn't get paid for proxy accounts uploading his shit, right?

That's literally the only reason he's in the game: so he can get piad.

The important point is that he can't monetize his access to platforms. And I think that's fucking great. At this point it's just 3rd tier streamers uploading his shit and collecting on pennies Alex Jones will never get his fingers on
Zagadka wrote:I find it curious how they choose to pick THIS battle. I absolutely agree that any deplatforming of a legitimate news source - whether it be by YouTube or Trump - should not be encouraged, but Alex Jones is not the avatar of "journalism".

And who gets to decide what is and isn't a legitimate news source? You? The government? Private corporations? Many of the "news" sources you consider to be legitimate are little more than propaganda organs for the corporate establishment. They're no more reliable than Alex Jones and they're not just promoting some silly conspiracy theories, they're pushing mass atrocity and carnage with blatant lies. Alex Jones has caused some people a lot of grief, it's true, but your "legitimate news sources" have helped destroy entire nations and facilitate political corruption on a global scale. Conspiracism isn't the most dangerous element in our political discourse, it's the mindless conformists who uncritically accept any bullshit issued by the establishment as incontrovertible fact, it's those dingdongs that are causing the biggest problems in the world.

What's really disturbing though isn't the misplaced trust in establishment "journalism", it's the complete lack of understanding of why we as a society take the issue of free speech so seriously and view any institutional infringement of that right as a fundamental threat to democracy itself. I find it :knife: that you find it curious "how they choose to pick THIS battle".
SpecialOlympian wrote:You realize he doesn't get paid for proxy accounts uploading his shit, right?

That's literally the only reason he's in the game: so he can get piad.

The important point is that he can't monetize his access to platforms. And I think that's fucking great. At this point it's just 3rd tier streamers uploading his shit and collecting on pennies Alex Jones will never get his fingers on

You realise he's always made most of his cash out of the vitamins and merchandise right, as well as the radio affiliates?

Dude's self-funding could keep him going for years.

He doesn't even need fucken Patreon.....
Sivad wrote:And who gets to decide what is and isn't a legitimate news source?

Probably not the people saying random guys are fucking children and children killed in a mass shooting are plants and their parents are criminal liars before trying to sell idiots doomsday prep kits?

You know, "Fake News"

EDIT

Somehow, academia can work out what a truthful report is, and that isn't defined by a higher power. Then again, academia is frequently mocked by people like Jones because they know they are talking shit that can't be peer reviewed for more than 5 seconds.
Gavin McInnes has just been deplatformed from Twitter and Gab.ai just had its server host pressured to drop that entire alt. platform.

Shit is getting realm and just before the mid-terms.

What a coincidence.
People are seriously like "OMG MSM FAKE NEWS ONLY LISTEN TO WHAT TRUMP SAYS" on PUBLIC platforms, then immediately defend blatantly "FAKE NEWS" from being censured on PRIVATE platforms.
Sivad wrote:What's really disturbing though isn't the misplaced trust in establishment "journalism", it's the complete lack of understanding of why we as a society take the issue of free speech so seriously and view any institutional infringement of that right as a fundamental threat to democracy itself.

Hyberbole. There are plenty of democracies out there that have laws against slander or hate speech and are doing fine.

I'm still waiting for someone to point me to a youtuber who has been banned for his political views and not for attention-seeking assholish behavior.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote::lol: That must be why there are 2 lawsuits against Jones by Sandy Hook parents, then: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/23/us/a ... index.html

There was a thread blackjack made about the new tactic of censoring conservatives to shut them up or bankrupt them. I can't find it at the moment, but I think it is in the North America section.

Anyone can sue anyone they want in America, for any reason even if it is a fake reason. These families and their lawyers are just trying to shake Jones down for shekels and everyone knows it. The lawsuit will likely go nowhere.

I am still waiting for you to show me where Jones harassed families and the names of the families. There are only 20 or so of these families so it shouldn't be too hard to tell me which one of them had their feelings hurt by Jones and where he defamed them.
Zagadka wrote:Probably not the people saying random guys are fucking children and children killed in a mass shooting are plants and their parents are criminal liars before trying to sell idiots doomsday prep kits?

You know, "Fake News"

What about those bastions of journalistic integrity like WaPo and NYT that lied us into the Iraq war which decimated an entire society and threw a whole region of the Earth into chaos for almost two decades now? Are they fake news? I made a thread about all the lies and bullshit those establishment propaganda organs have been spreading for decades, go have a look. They've done way more damage in the last ten years than a thousand Alex Jones' could do in a century.

Somehow, academia can work out what a truthful report is, and that isn't defined by a higher power.

Academia has, there are all kinds of media studies on propaganda, the media-politico complex, censorship, etc. If you bothered to read the studies rather than just making a lame appeal to academia we wouldn't be having this exchange.

Rugoz wrote:Hyberbole. There are plenty of democracies out there that have laws against slander or hate speech and are doing fine.

That's starting to change because up until now it wasn't an issue, the establishment had dominant control of the narrative. Now that they're losing that control they're starting to use that precedent to shut down their critics. So it's definitely not hyperbole, the threat is very real.

In Europe, Hate Speech Laws are Often Used to Suppress and Punish Left-Wing Viewpoints
https://theintercept.com/2017/08/29/in- ... iewpoints/

They're trying to shut Corbyn's Labor Party down right now with accusations of hate speech, is that hyperbole?
“Historically, the place you went to exercise your speech rights was the public square. Now the equivalent is Twitter and YouTube and Facebook,” said Daphne Keller of the Stanford Center for Internet and Society. “In a practical matter, how much you can speak is not in the hands of the constitution but in the hands of these private companies.”

The idea of social media platforms as the “modern public square” was recently endorsed by the US supreme court, which ruled unanimously that barring sex offenders from Facebook and Twitter violated their first amendment rights.

And yet, this digital version of the public square is more closely analogous to “privately owned public spaces” – a very American type of park whose legal particularities became widely known in 2011 when the Occupy Wall Street movement set up camp in one such space.

American technology companies that were once imbued with the ethos of Twitter’s famous sobriquet – “the free speech wing of the free speech party” – have changed the rules, or at least decided to start selectively enforcing rules that are technologically unfeasible to apply across the board.

This crackdown means that our public square might as well be in Brussels. Pressure from the European Union moved Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Microsoft in 2016 to adopt a hate speech “code of conduct” that is much more stringent than what US law would require, Keller said.

If the left does abandon its free speech principles, it may come to regret it.

“I’m really surprised to see liberals talk about what speech needs to be taken down, and not take that conversation a step further and talk about who is actually doing the censoring,” York said, questioning whether we should trust either the government or “unelected white Silicon Valley dudes” to make such decisions.

Or as Keller says: “We should not expect the new speech gatekeepers to be benign forever, or to enforce rules that we agree with forever.”
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... CMP=twt_gu
Red_Army wrote:@maz where is this bit of whining on your outrage meter?

You are right. I need to make a new outrage meter where leftists can say whatever kooky conspiracy shit like there is a vast conspiracy between Trump and the Russians sow division or something and there is no outrage, but there is vast outrage when a conservative talker says that he believes that a the government was behind a plot to use a shooting to restrict people's gun rights.
Sivad wrote:That's starting to change because up until now it wasn't an issue, the establishment had dominant control of the narrative. Now that they're losing that control they're starting to use that precedent to shut down their critics. So it's definitely not hyperbole, the threat is very real.

In Europe, Hate Speech Laws are Often Used to Suppress and Punish Left-Wing Viewpoints
https://theintercept.com/2017/08/29/in- ... iewpoints/

They're trying to shut Corbyn's Labor Party down right now with accusations of hate speech, is that hyperbole?

IMO France's hate-speech laws are applied too broadly*, but if you think this is a fundamental threat to democracy, you fail to see it in the proper historical context. Anti-semitism has always been a hot topic in Europe, for obvious reasons.

*I'm opposed to such laws in general, but as long as there's public support for them and they don't go too far, I won't go to the barricades.
Sivad wrote:They're trying to shut Corbyn's Labor Party down right now with accusations of hate speech, is that hyperbole?

Yes, that is hyperbole. The National Executive Committee, and Corbyn, are being widely criticised with accusations of allowing anti-semitism. There is no attempt to "shut the party down" in any way. No one is calling for it to be banned from social media, let alone any law to be used against it, whether a hate speech law or not. What people are saying is that Labour needs to change, or to not vote for it. A lot of the people saying it must change on this subject are inside the party.
First off Libel and Slander laws, along with many other regulations contradict the principle of free speech. But lets never forget that the American founders were adamantly opposed to free speech. Virginia had laws banning abolitionism. It was only incorporation that made the US a free speech leader. We should celebrate, the pissing on the Constitution, that was incorporation. Those that seek to restore the Constitution should be utterly condemned.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:Yes, that is hyperbole. The National Executive Committee, and Corbyn, are being widely criticised with accusations of allowing anti-semitism. There is no attempt to "shut the party down" in any way.

I never claimed they were trying to abolish the party, I said they're trying to get rid of Corbyn's wing of the party with bogus accusations of hate speech. There have been suspensions, forced resignations, and expulsions, they are trying to shut down Corbyn's party.

Quibbling about terminology is the exact method us[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster well, you've been accusing Israel of […]

The importance of out-breeding

https://external-content.duckduckgo.c[…]

Bring on the nuclear war.