Infowars, Harasser of Parents of Sandy Hook Victims, Has Been Deplatformed Thread - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
From New York Magazine

The web’s largest platforms have finally had enough of Infowars, the inflammatory, conspiracy-theorist outlet run by Alex Jones. Over the last 24 hours, Apple, Spotify, and Facebook have removed Infowars’s presence from their platforms almost entirely, citing various reasons.

BuzzFeed News first reported that Apple’s podcast directory in iTunes had disappeared at least two Infowars podcasts. In a statement, Apple said, “Apple does not tolerate hate speech, and we have clear guidelines that creators and developers must follow to ensure we provide a safe environment for all of our users.” It added, “We believe in representing a wide range of views, so long as people are respectful to those with differing opinions.”

Facebook — which came under criticism last month for being unable to give a clear answer that justifies Infowars’s continued presence on the network — has also taken down numerous Infowars pages. Last month, the company removed four videos posted by the outlet and placed Jones’s personal account on a 30-day suspension, preventing him from administrating pages. Now those pages are gone, too.

Infowars has been “permanently” banned, according to editor Paul Joseph Watson.

In a statement clarifying (maybe) its position, Facebook said that since Jones’s personal suspension, “more content from the same pages has been reported to us — upon review, we have taken it down for glorifying violence, which violates our graphic violence policy, and using dehumanizing language to describe people who are transgender, Muslims and immigrants, which violates our hate speech policies.” The social network uses a strike system for users and pages.

Earlier today, the Infowars channel vanished from YouTube. The video site released a similar statement about hate speech and Infowars receiving too many strikes. “When users violate these policies repeatedly, like our policies against hate speech and harassment or our terms prohibiting circumvention of our enforcement measures, we terminate their accounts,” it said.

Spotify also removed Jones’s podcast from its directory. Last week, after criticism, Spotify removed certain episodes, but did not take down the entire program. Following Apple’s lead, however, it excised the entire thing, similarly citing the company’s hate-speech policy.

Facebook, oddly enough, went out of its way to distinguish that Infowars had been deplatformed for hate speech and not spreading false information (among other things, Jones continues to say that the 2012 Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax, and recently said Robert Mueller was a pedophile). “While much of the discussion around Infowars has been related to false news … none of the violations that spurred today’s removals were related to this,” it said. In other words, Facebook felt fine making a punitive judgment call on hate speech, but repeated, willful spread of misinformation was something Facebook still considers up for debate.

Good for Alex Jones! I am looking forward to the lawsuit the parents of the Sandy Hook victims are filing.
Last edited by SpecialOlympian on 07 Aug 2018 05:31, edited 1 time in total.
Alex Jones didn't harass any parents, it's just some bullshit that Megyn Kelly made up.

I oppose Jones because he lies and shills Israel, and he is misleading his audience about the Israel and Palestine issue. But Joneswas not banned because he is a shill for Israel. He is being attacked because he said mean things about Muslims, Mexicans and LGBT people.

But as much as I think he is a liar and a shill for Israel, I don't think he should be banned from YouTube for being a liar and a shill for Israel.
Jones caterwauled about Sandy Hook more than anyone. Its totally his responsibility that he fills the mana wells of all his moron listeners with hokum to the point that they systematically harass parents of murdered children on the basis that they're crisis actors.

Its just like that dipshit who tilted at the pizzagate windmill with his AR 15 even though the president has just as many Epstein plane rides as the Clintons do.

Alex Jones makes me wish for GULAGs.
Red_Army wrote:Jones caterwauled about Sandy Hook more than anyone.

That's not true. He is being blamed for things that other people said and did. Jones backed off of Sandy Hook when Lenny Pozner started taking legal action against independent Sandy Hook researchers for using photos of his son Noah Pozner.

But even if he was still talking about Sandy Hook, who gives a shit?

Red_Army wrote:Its just like that dipshit who tilted at the pizzagate windmill with his AR 15 even though the president has just as many Epstein plane rides as the Clintons do.

No, the guy who shot up the pizza shop was more like the LGBT freak who shot up the Family Research Council Center because the SPLC put their name on a list for being anti-gay marriage.
maz wrote:That's not true. He is being blamed for things that other people said and did. Jones backed off of Sandy Hook when Lenny Pozner started taking legal action against independent Sandy Hook researchers for using photos of his son Noah Pozner.

But even if he was still talking about Sandy Hook, who gives a shit?

No, the guy who shot up the pizza shop was more like the LGBT freak who shot up the Family Research Council Center because the SPLC put their name on a list for being anti-gay marriage.

Maz:

1) Why are you defending Alex Jones and blantantly things that he DID do?

2) Why are you trying to sugar coat the attack on the pizza place? I mean you were one of the people rooting for it at the time ?
JohnRawls wrote:Maz:
1) Why are you defending Alex Jones and blantantly things that he DID do?

Because what Alex Jones did wasn't criminal. People are allowed to doubt whether events happened or not and those who have radio shows should be allowed to discuss why they think it was not as the media said it was.

JohnRawls wrote:2) Why are you trying to sugar coat the attack on the pizza place? I mean you were one of the people rooting for it at the time ?

I was definitely not in favor of some guy shooting up a pizza place.
maz wrote:Because what Alex Jones did wasn't criminal. People are allowed to doubt whether events happened or not.

I was definitely not in favor of some guy shooting up a pizza place.

We are not saying he is a criminal but he instigated it. Hence his channels were cut but he didn't go to jail :eh:

As for the Pizza place. Well, you are partially responsible yourself for what happened. You were peddling the same nonsense as Alex Jones does on the same and other subjects. You were the one spreading evil.
In a statement clarifying (maybe) its position, Facebook said that since Jones’s personal suspension, “more content from the same pages has been reported to us — upon review, we have taken it down for glorifying violence, which violates our graphic violence policy, and using dehumanizing language to describe people who are transgender, Muslims and immigrants, which violates our hate speech policies.” The social network uses a strike system for users and pages.

Facebook recently removed the main EDL page for violating their hate speech policies. I think Jones lost his YouTube channel because of what he said about Muslims. In two videos which were removed by YouTube, Jones suggested Muslims who immigrated to Europe were gaining control of countries on that continent. YouTube further deleted right-wing Japanese channels for anti-Asian hate speech, targeting China and Korea.
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 06 Aug 2018 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
One of the families have had to move multiple times because of harassment from Alex Jones fans. He is absolutely responsible even if it's not in the legal sense. He's also a turd of a person who will gladly attack the families of dead children to make a dollar.

Red_Army wrote:Its just like that dipshit who tilted at the pizzagate windmill with his AR 15 even though the president has just as many Epstein plane rides as the Clintons do.

The best part about that was how the guy was in his 30's and had only had internet access for all of 2 months when he went to Comet Ping Pong to check the place out.

He was also the most moral pizzagater since he thought, "Oh shit. Children are in trouble. I'm gonna go help them." And then he did, while dozens of dipshits instead opted to hang outside of the restaurant and awkwardly ask the owner how many children he had locked in the basement.
maz, you can claim things didn't happen, but if you do it by saying that the parents of real murdered children are lying deep state crisis actors you are pushing an agenda that leads to this sort of harassment. You right wingers should know what a conspiracy charge is since you've been jailing leftists for it for years. Speech that incites violence has always been illegal and I'm sure you'd be happy to see that enforced as long as the speaker was black.
JohnRawls wrote:We are not saying he is a criminal but he instigated it. Hence his channels were cut but he didn't go to jail :eh:

As for the Pizza place. Well, you are partially responsible yourself for what happened. You were peddling the same nonsense as Alex Jones does on the same and other subjects. You were the one spreading evil.

I was "spreading evil?" You mean evil as in like Satanism or something LOL

If you can prove that the guy who shot up a pizza place specifically read my comments and acted on it, then yeah I guess you could allege that I am responsible. But good luck with that.

No friend, what I was doing was discussing a subject and giving my opinion. Many people on this forum, and I specifically remember SpecialOlympian being virulently against my opinion and telling me even long after the issue was over that I was wrong.

That is the way free speech works. You don't just go banning people for having a different opinion. It is odd that I even need to explain that.

Red_Army wrote:maz, you can claim things didn't happen, but if you do it by saying that the parents of real murdered children are lying deep state crisis actors you are pushing an agenda that leads to this sort of harassment.

I never said that the Sandy Hook parents were deep state crisis actors, but if I did who cares?

Red_Army wrote:You right wingers should know what a conspiracy charge is since you've been jailing leftists for it for years. Speech that incites violence has always been illegal and I'm sure you'd be happy to see that enforced as long as the speaker was black.

If that was the case, then Alex Jones would have been arrested for inciting violence then, right?
Last edited by maz on 06 Aug 2018 22:08, edited 2 times in total.
You're a bad faith alt-right troll. You don't give a shit about pedophilia or you wouldn't support Donald Trump who went to pedo-island as many times as Clinton and has several rape and pedo accusations himself.

This thread is not about you and I'm not accusing you of anything except supporting that ham-bodied moron and his disphit conspiracy theories.
Red_Army wrote:You're a bad faith alt-right troll. You don't give a shit about pedophilia or you wouldn't support Donald Trump who went to pedo-island as many times as Clinton and has several rape and pedo accusations himself.

Regarding the issue of pedophilia, I am against the Hollywood promoting it just like I am against Hollywood promoting LGBT and tranny shit to children.

I acknowledged that Donald Trump went to the Epstein's island and admitted that it was problematic, but I didn't care one way or another that Bill Clinton when there. If there was any wrongdoing between either of them and any children, they would have been brought up on charges like Epstien was.
maz wrote:I was "spreading evil?" You mean evil as in like Satanism or something LOL

If you can prove that the guy who shot up a pizza place specifically read my comments and acted on it, then yeah I guess you could allege that I am responsible. But good luck with that.

No friend, what I was doing was discussing a subject and giving my opinion. Many people on this forum, and I specifically remember SpecialOlympian being virulently against.

That is the way free speech works. You don't just go banning people for having a different opinion. It is odd that I even need to explain that.

I never said that the Sandy Hook parents were deep state crisis actors, but if I did who cares?

If that was the case, then Alex Jones would have been arrested for inciting violence then, right?

See this is the murky part of all this. As soon as someone tries to point out that a person was spreading Evil or doing bad, people like you try to hug the free speech line. I understand, it is important. I am against banning people because of it, unless they cross the line. (Where is the line anyways? People died but nothing was done. )

I do not deny that you believe what you say and do. The problem is, it is still causes negative consequences for the society and people. Spreading evil means different things to different people. It is a good metaphor that most people start thinking at.

So instead of spreading anything and everything, I would say think first of what you are saying. It has influence on the society and people. Specially when a chore starts spreading it further and further. Is this self-censorship? I guess so. Most people understand this at least on the subconsious level. The alt-right ideas are not bad per se(In themselves), but the way alt-right is trying to achieve their ideas by deception, chaos and self-encouragement is wrong and continues to lead to situations like this.

So when you receive public condemnation from people who are not alt-right, it is the literal consequence of your personal actions as an individual and also as a group that is the current alt-right. It has gotten a bit better recently though.
maz wrote:No friend, what I was doing was discussing a subject and giving my opinion. Many people on this forum, and I specifically remember SpecialOlympian being virulently against my opinion and telling me even long after the issue was over that I was wrong.

I've said you support nazis, which you do. I even made you this nice picture detailing Maz's hierarchy of needs:

JohnRawls wrote:See this is the murky part of all this. As soon as someone tries to point out that a person was spreading Evil or doing bad, people like you try to hug the free speech line. I understand, it is important. I am against banning people because of it, unless they cross the line. (Where is the line anyways? People died but nothing was done. ).

Spreading evil and doing bad are subjective things though, just like the charge of hate speech.

By the way, Sarah Jeong, the white exteminationalist NY Times diversity hire is proof that the charge of hate speech is phony, so why should I believe that your charge of spreading evil or being bad is anything other my opinion is just something that you fundamentally disagree with?

JohnRawls wrote:
So when you receive public condemnation from people who are not alt-right, it is the literal consequence of your personal actions as an individual and also as a group that is the current alt-right. It has gotten a bit better recently though.

Hey, I welcome the condemnation. I am here to discuss ideas and read the opinions of those who are smarter than me.

I am not part of any alt-right group though, and I am not responsible for anyone's actions. I did not tell anyone to grab an AR-15 and go shoot up a pizza shop. In my opinion that is an absurd position to hold but I understand that I am not really going to get you to think otherwise. But you are welcome to hold that position I guess.

I have moved on from Pizzagate, though but I still think there are some things wrong with it. Like, I would not put a bunch of photos of children who are not my family on my social media account. I don't even put my own family on my social media.

At the end of the day, most of these new conspiracy theories are just things that in associating with them, you can lose your social media account or maybe even in legal trouble. That alone should tell you that there is something there that is wrong. We don't go deplatforming or suing people for saying the moon landing was a hoax do we?

Would you say that saying the moon landing was a hoax is spreading evil?
SpecialOlympian wrote:The NYT doesn't care about Jeong's Twitter comments because they were lowcaps Twitter jokes. The fact that it's working up alt-right nazi-lite people like Maz is hilarious though.

It is good that NY Times supports an open white exterminationalist, because it in doing so they gave permission for people to be openly racist as well as misogynist.

This guy Terrence K. Williams was recently openly racist and using stereotypes against Asians on live television, and that I think is hilarious.

I'm sure the NYT is going to take the extremely genuine concerns from the people who have already decided they are a front for Jewish propaganda very seriously.

Thank you for sharing this video as well. I have not wasted any time watching it, but I appreciate you sharing this steaming dog turd with the rest of us.

@litwin is clearly an Alex Jones type conspir[…]

It is true that the Hindu's gave us nothing. But […]

I dont buy it, Why would anyone go for a vacation […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I g[…]