Infowars, Harasser of Parents of Sandy Hook Victims, Has Been Deplatformed Thread - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
What I don't quite understand is why people are doing the online forum equivalent of pooping their pants from whining and crying about a decision by private businesses to refuse service to someone they don't approve of. The sheer hypocrisy and irony is literally so staggering it's stupid as are those posts.

Alex Jones/Infowars continually violated the TOS of multiple platforms.
Albert wrote:I would not do it with such little sense of justice. Progs and lefties are debased in their sense of judgment. It is like mad dogs lashing out.

This is so absurd that it's quite good comedy. Jones has spent years making up outrageous libellous bullshit about people with the express purpose of getting people to hate his targets and listen to/watch Jones for their two minute hate. Anyone with a remote "sense of judgement" could see that Jones was a waste of space the moment they came across him, and a nasty little weasel with no redeeming features at all. He has achieved nothing in his life apart from getting rich from fools, and increasing hate.

Platforms have finally decided that their hosting of him, and thus their own benefit, is a PR problem for them, because, morally, he's a bag of pus, and his bile is becoming more well known. So they've ditched him. Only the truly committed far right could be willing to make themselves look like moral idiots by defending Jones - not because he's right wing, so much as they see liberals are against him, and therefore they think they have to show their right wing credentials by spouting bullshit about others' "sense of judgement" . Here's a hint - you don't have to define yourself with "whatever a liberal thinks, I'm against it". Be your own person - don't leap to the defence of a walking turd just because he tells you that normal people don't like him.
This is just stupid corporate bullshit... Nothing else to say.

I mean it's inevitable he will be back. Stupid corporate cunts. Killed one of YouTube's greatest comedy channels for the fucken Democrats and CNN.....

I'm sure he can sue them for this.

The soon to be infamous 4 hour response:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bjlyfnR3LTk0NzIyN ... LPTyvrHsI=

Twitter keeps him on. Good.
Sivad wrote:You know thinhgs are getting extra stupid when liberals and gulagists are all on the same page.

I agree with them enforcing content moderation. However perminantly deleting a channel I think is disgusting.

Plus it's such an extremely obvious co-ordinated effort to censor him.

I already knew Twitter was the least compromised of the majors, it's Julian Assange's official Social Network for Wikileaks. Jones will stay on there at least for the foreseeable future.

Also when you think about it, lol, they've given Alex's claims to be always under attack by the MSM, in co-ordination, strong validity.

Wikileaks gives it's opinion:

Not sure why is everyone suddenly going mad about this ?
Those are private corporations. You have no "right to free speech" on their platforms, you have the right to say what they tell you you have the right to say on their platforms.
You don't like it ? Move to another platform or maybe start a social movement for your governments to buy these platforms and socialize them. Other than that any criticism of these type of events is unimportant and irrelevant.
colliric wrote:Plus it's such an extremely obvious co-ordinated effort to censor him.

Exactly. It's extremely disingenuous to pretend this is about Sandy Hook victims or whatever, it's all about giant tech companies silencing their political opposition a few months before an election. This guy's talking shit about their political puppets and calling them out for their Orwellian practices and their crony monopoly capitalism and they needed to shut him down. We let them get away with doing it to him and they'll do it to everyone with a significant following they perceive as a threat to their interests.
anasawad wrote:Not sure why is everyone suddenly going mad about this ?
Those are private corporations. You have no "right to free speech" on their platforms, you have the right to say what they tell you you have the right to say on their platforms.
You don't like it ? Move to another platform or maybe start a social movement for your governments to buy these platforms and socialize them. Other than that any criticism of these type of events is unimportant and irrelevant.

I'll respect this the day that Google Assistant can answer the simple question "Who is Jesus?" without giving an SJW fucked up brain-dead "religion is complicated" response.

They have no right to social engineer shit like that. Google let's Google Assistant know who Jesus is, then maybe that's a step in the right direction.

These are private corporations operating in the public sphere. No one pulls them up on this bullshit.

Fucken cunts. Put Alex back on and give us back the best political comedy channel dammit!!!

I hope an antitrust lawsuit comes out of this.
Ter wrote:You could ask me but you won't like the answer :)

Yes but at least you'll indicate, perhaps unintentionally that in someway that he was Jewish...
And I've read the Talmud stuff so at least I'll know what to expect from you concerning his mother, lol! Google refuses to tell you absolutely anything....

P.S. I'm watching One Of Us for about the 10th time already. Love this documentary.

Jimmy Dore weighs in:
colliric wrote:I'll respect this the day that Google Assistant can answer the simple question "Who is Jesus?" without giving an SJW fucked up brain-dead "religion is complicated" response.

They have no right to social engineer shit like that. Google let's Google Assistant know who Jesus is, then maybe that's a step in the right direction.

These are private corporations operating in the public sphere. No one pulls them up on this bullshit.

Fucken cunts.

Is there a special Australian spelling for "snowflake" as well as "fucking"? Has it hurt your delicate fee-fees that the world doesn't has simple answers about religion and mythology that are also actually true?

I think Jones' impression of a 200 lb baby has been influencing you too much, colliric. Just as well you'll have to make a little effort to get your next fix. "Private corporations operating in the public sphere" get to say the typical range of things that individuals do, especially uncontroversial things like "religion is complicated".
I will never respect Alphabet Inc. or the Google Assistant line of consumer electronics until the answer to "Who is Jesus?" is: "A cumshitter."

It is the responsibility of corporations to ensure that my values are presented in the public sphere in exactly the way I want them to be presented.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:Just as well you'll have to make a little effort to get your next fix. "Private corporations operating in the public sphere" get to say the typical range of things that individuals do, especially uncontroversial things like "religion is complicated".

It is controversial, because it's fucken objectively wrong. It should plain just give you goddamn basic fundamental information. How hard is it to program the goddamn assistant to read off the goddamn Wikipedia page?

NOT FUCKEN HARD.

They're being cunts and you know it!
Alex Jones, Vanquished
The obligatory “Yes, Alex Jones is a lunatic, but…” preface is redundant. Almost no one of any repute would defend Alex Jones on substance. Alex Jones’ lunacy is self-evident and needs no further comment. The only relevant question is whether we want a media landscape in which a tiny cadre of unelected private officials are empowered to decide, in secret and with no mechanisms for accountability, that the time has come to purge this lunatic from the public square.

While it’s true that the word “purge” might not be completely correct in a literalistic sense, as Jones still has his own private website, it’s apt in a practical sense because the “social web” generates such a huge proportion of overall internet traffic today. To deprive him of access to YouTube, Facebook, Apple, and Spotify is a virtual death sentence. Do we want a situation in which a handful of individuals in California can wake up some Monday morning and decide to order, effectively, online death? Are we comfortable with the fact that there is essentially no recourse available to persons who suffer this fate, nor are there any oversight bodies to which an appeal can be directed? Jones may not have had a formal legal right to access any of the platforms he was vanquished from, but that’s exactly the issue: public discourse is increasingly managed by a technological super-elite who are accountable to no one but their shareholders.

You can draw a direct line from yesterday’s events to the “fake news” panic which ensued after the 2016 election, when stunned politicians and media mavens concluded that it was necessary for the preservation of American democracy that the internet be ridded of pollutants such as Jones. Not surprisingly, Donald Trump quickly co-opted the fake news slogan, obliterating its original meaning. But the term initially germinated as the anguished cry of elites desperate for an explanation of how an election outcome which so radically altered their conception of American political life could’ve possibly come about. Determined, they set out to purify the internet.

They cloaked their desires in the language of civic virtue and societal self-help — Twitter executive Jack Dorsey recently coined the creepily ambiguous phrase “conversational health” — but what their endeavor always necessarily entailed was the concentration of power in the hands of a select few, and the elevation of a new elite deemed worthy to regulate the public sphere. In demanding that the high priests of tech carry out this gargantuan task, they imbued Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Apple with unearned ethical authority; the tech executives became modern-day philosopher kings, and it was simply assumed that these people are rightful possessors of the ability to determine what “content” should and should not be available for public consumption.

Though the tech heroes were hauled before Congress and chastised for not doing enough to beat back both the Russians and the homegrown fake news agitators, they made out well from the deal. In demanding that they do something, they were demanded to arrogate vast new powers to themselves. They already commanded vast powers — on a scale unseen in human history — but the panicked elites wanted them to wield even more, and to do so in a benevolent fashion.

And so now they’ve done something; they’ve done away with Alex Jones. They exercised their massive powers in furtherance of the public good, or so we are to believe. The expected response to Jones’ vanquishment is to get down on our knees and give thanks for the wisdom and grace of these tech titans — for they know what is best for us. We’re not supposed to think too deeply about the implications; we’re told instead to dwell on what a menace Jones is (or was). Not to busy ourselves with the significance of the extraordinary new power they exercised — simultaneous banishing across the major platforms. Jones in many ways was a perfect test case, because he is so comically easy to hate, and his hateable qualities divert from any consideration of what these corporations just declared they have the capacity and will to do.

We must love our new tech overlords.
Matt Drudge nailed it when he criticized corporate internet ghettos.

People spend their time inside noosphere farms, grazing Facebook-Google-Apple-Microsoft-etc information fields, the Technocracy is using your energy/data to socially engineer culture and society. Alex Jones is being phased out. He had unprecedented access to main-stream consciousness, he was given algorithmic priority for years (especially during the 2016 election), and he successfully became the face of American internet conspiracy theory & patriot movements.

He's a form of COINTELPRO (or whatever they call it today) he mixes truth with lunacy and his platform grew exponentially during the 2016 election. Before so-called political scientists realized Trump would be a viable candidate (let alone President of the U.S.) he appeared on the Alex Jones show. Trump used patriot movement talking points to pander to the alt-right. Post 9/11 surveillance programs are a crucial feature of modern social engineering. The military-corporate bureaucracy can monitor the masses and use data-driven feedback systems to make money and shape our culture (the cumulative effect of digital information), and this is one aspect of the military doctrine- full-spectrum dominance of the human domain.

Jones has Hollywood connections, Gov related insider information, and now he's being phased out. His media presence is a psychological operation on our collective consciousness. It worked, he helped to usher in the most balkanized political atmosphere in US history.

China Goes '1984' While America Goes 'Brave New World'--But What's Next?

Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism. Orwell feared that the truth would be concealed from us. Huxley feared the truth would be drowned in a sea of irrelevance. Orwell feared we would become a captive culture. Huxley feared we would become a trivial culture, preoccupied with some equivalent of the feelies, the orgy porgy, and the centrifugal bumblepuppy. ... In short, Orwell feared that what we hate will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we love will ruin us.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robasghar/ ... 59d7341620

The Technocracy is 1984 and Brave New World simultaneously. Political paradigms serve as psycho-social theatre for the masses. 8 years Bush, 8 years Obama, now Trump... But the Technocracy continues to roll out. Technology that is designed to control and obsolesce humanity is being developed and deployed right now.
In A Corporatist System Of Government, Corporate Censorship Is State Censorship
Last year, representatives of Facebook, Twitter, and Google were instructed on the US Senate floor that it is their responsibility to “quell information rebellions” and adopt a “mission statement” expressing their commitment to “prevent the fomenting of discord.”

“Civil wars don’t start with gunshots, they start with words,” the representatives were told. “America’s war with itself has already begun. We all must act now on the social media battlefield to quell information rebellions that can quickly lead to violent confrontations and easily transform us into the Divided States of America.”

Yes, this really happened.

Today Twitter has silenced three important anti-war voices on its platform: it has suspended Daniel McAdams, the executive director of the Ron Paul Institute, suspended Scott Horton of the Scott Horton Show, and completely removed the account of prominent Antiwar.com writer Peter Van Buren.

I’m about to talk about the censorship of Alex Jones and Infowars now, so let me get the “blah blah I don’t like Alex Jones” thing out of the way so that my social media notifications aren’t inundated with people saying “Caitlin didn’t say the ‘blah blah I don’t like Alex Jones’ thing!” I shouldn’t have to, because this isn’t actually about Alex Jones, but here it is:

I don’t like Alex Jones. He’s made millions saying the things disgruntled right-wingers want to hear instead of telling the truth; he throws in disinfo with his info, which is the same as lying all the time. He’s made countless false predictions and his sudden sycophantic support for a US president has helped lull the populist right into complacency when they should be holding Trump to his non-interventionist campaign pledges, making him even more worthless than he was prior to 2016.

But this isn’t about defending Alex Jones. He just happens to be the thinnest edge of the wedge.

As of this writing, Infowars has been censored from Facebook, Youtube (which is part of Google), Apple, Spotify, and now even Pinterest, all within hours of each other. This happens to have occurred at the same time Infowars was circulating a petition with tens of thousands of signatures calling on President Trump to pardon WikiLeaks editor-in-chief Julian Assange, who poses a much greater threat to establishment narratives than Alex Jones ever has. Assange’s mother also reports that this mass removal of Infowars’ audience occurred less than 48 hours after she was approached to do an interview by an Infowars producer.

In a corporatist system of government, wherein there is no meaningful separation between corporate power and state power, corporate censorship is state censorship. Because legalized bribery in the form of corporate lobbying and campaign donations has given wealthy Americans the ability to control the US government’s policy and behavior while ordinary Americans have no effective influence whatsoever, the US unquestionably has a corporatist system of government. Large, influential corporations are inseparable from the state, so their use of censorship is inseparable from state censorship.

This is especially true of the vast megacorporations of Silicon Valley, whose extensive ties to US intelligence agencies are well-documented. Once you’re assisting with the construction of the US military’s drone program, receiving grants from the CIA and NSA for mass surveillance, or having your site’s content regulated by NATO’s propaganda arm, you don’t get to pretend you’re a private, independent corporation that is separate from government power. It is possible in the current system to have a normal business worth a few million dollars, but if you want to get to billions of dollars in wealth control in a system where money translates directly to political power, you need to work with existing power structures like the CIA and the Pentagon, or else they’ll work with your competitors instead of you.

And yet every time I point to the dangers of a few Silicon Valley plutocrats controlling all new media political discourse with an iron fist, Democratic Party loyalists all turn into a bunch of hardline free market Ayn Rands. “It’s not censorship!” they exclaim. “It’s a private company and can do whatever it wants with its property!”

They do this because they know their mainstream, plutocrat-friendly “centrist” views will never be censored. Everyone else is on the chopping block, however. Leftist sites have already had their views slashed by a manipulation of Google’s algorithms, and it won’t be long before movements like BDS and Antifa and skeptics of the establishment Syria and Russia narratives can be made to face mass de-platforming on the same exact pretext as Infowars.

This is a setup. Hit the soft target so your oligarch-friendly censorship doesn’t look like what it is, then once you’ve manufactured consent, go on to shut down the rest of dissenting media bit by bit.

Don’t believe that’s the plan? Let’s ask sitting US Senator Chris Murphy:

That sure sounds an awful lot like the warnings issued to the Silicon Valley representatives on the Senate floor at the beginning of this article, no? This is headed somewhere dark.

We’re going to have to find a way to keep the oligarchs from having their cake and eating it too. Either (A) corporations are indeed private organizations separate from the government, in which case the people need to get money out of politics and government agencies out of Silicon Valley so they can start acting like it, and insist that their owners can’t be dragged out on to the Senate floor and instructed on what they can and can’t do with their business, or (B) these new media platforms get treated like the government agencies they function as, and the people get all the First Amendment protection that comes with it. Right now the social engineers are double-dipping in a way that will eventually give the alliance of corporate plutocrats and secretive government agencies the ability to fully control the public’s access to ideas and information.

If they accomplish that, it’s game over for humanity. Any hope of the public empowering itself over the will of a few sociopathic, ecocidal, omnicidal oligarchs will have been successfully quashed. We are playing for all the chips right now. We have to fight this. We have no choice.
Source

I think everyone should try shutting off everythi[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

In this conflict, neither if those groups are p[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled[…]

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octob[…]