Infowars, Harasser of Parents of Sandy Hook Victims, Has Been Deplatformed Thread - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
jessupjonesjnr87 wrote:As a private company Facebook can ban whoever they like as long as it's not discrimination, I'm not arguing that they shouldn't have that right but by banning Jones they have shown that they are actively using their Social media brand to push certain political views and should be called out on this and boycotted for it.

It's also strange that all these different Internet companies such as Facebook and youtube banned Info Wars in such a tight time period.

Alex Jones is a clown, I watched him for comic relief more than anything else but I am a great believer in government deception and because of Jones so are many more people who wouldn't be had it not been for Info Wars.

Make your mind up: is he a clown, or is he political? His lawyers called him a "performance artist" when he was trying to keep custody of his kids. I think he's a clown, and this is not political. It's a matter of taste - if you find conspiracy fantasies funny that blame victims' families, or claim there's a massive paedophile network ruling the world, then Jones is the kind of clown for you. Just remember you share that taste with a bunch of sociopaths and bigots.
Bulaba Jones wrote:[usermention=45209] The law does not define social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, etc as public forums: these privately-owned websites do not fall in the category of a public forum.

Obviously the law isn't currently being applied to those platforms, but it's an open question whether it does apply. Thanks for stating the obvious without getting emotional though, your penetrating insight has really moved the discussion along. :knife:
Bulaba Jones wrote:If people would like to cool down, relax, breathe, and act a bit calmly and not get so defensive/angry for no reason, I have yet to see a good argument for why he shouldn't have been banned. I don't mean how someone thinks he shouldn't have been banned because that person likes Alex Jones, or how banning him has boosted his popularity (the people who banned him don't care about that, and popularity should not factor into an administrative decision like banning someone). I'm honestly curious whether anyone here has a sound argument for why someone who uses a social media platform and routinely breaks serious rules of their TOS, including harassment, should be allowed to slide around consequences indefinitely?

The thing is, Bulaba-frand, is that they're not just going to ban or cut down viewership or temporarily-remove the pages of only obnoxious pricks like Alex Jones. Facebook has been doing this to journalists/activists for Palestine for a couple of years, and journalists/activists who've been reporting the non-corporate-media version of the war on Syria. The establishment want to control the narrative and people who go against it, whether leftwing or rightwingscum, are being and will be censored.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:It's a matter of taste - if you find conspiracy fantasies funny that blame victims' families, or claim there's a massive paedophile network ruling the world, then Jones is the kind of clown for you. Just remember you share that taste with a bunch of sociopaths and bigots.

If you want to keep saying that Jones did that, you will need to provide proof of him doing so. Show us proof of Jones harassing families, and also say which the families were harassed.

Alex Jones never blamed or harassed victim's families, other people did.

He also didn't invent the Sandy Hook narrative, and he even said that he believed that children were killed. He said that repeatedly after the Meghyn Kelly interview.

His issue with Sandy Hook was the media, politicians, Hollywood and the anti-2nd amendment extremists using the shooting to push their agenda.

It is also worth noting that Jones did not invent the Pizzagate theory; it was started on 4chan and Reddit. he released a public statement apologizing to James Alefantis, the owner of the pizza shop, and retracted everything he said about him and even started saying that the Pizzagate theory was not entirely correct.

Austin conspiracy theorist Alex Jones apologizes for spreading ‘Pizzagate’ story

The gist of the fake story accused Hillary Clinton and her presidential campaign chairman, John Podesta, of running a child sex abuse ring through the Comet Ping Pong restaurant owned by James Alefantis. Podesta’s comments about the pizzeria — made in Democratic Party emails exposed by Wikileaks — became fodder for fake news web portals as well as popular user-generated content sites like Reddit and 4chan.

Jones, in a statement he read aloud for his online audience, tried to put some distance between himself and the fake story and blamed “scores of media outlets,” “third-party accounts of alleged activities” and “accounts of (Infowars) reporters who are no longer with us” for the “incorrect narrative” he discussed several times on his program.

“In our commentary about what had become known as Pizzagate, I made comments about Mr. Alefantis that in hindsight I regret, and for which I apologize to him,” Jones said.

In language that was clearly sculpted by a legal mind hoping to avoid possible litigation, Jones added: “To my knowledge today, neither Mr. Alefantis nor his restaurant Comet Ping Pong, were involved in any human trafficking as was part of the theories about Pizzagate.”

For many people, the Pizzagate conspiracy theory became part of the mainstream political discussion only in December, after 28-year-old Edgar Maddison Welch of North Carolina brought a gun into a Comet Ping Pong packed with customers, and pointed it at an employee in hopes of finding proof of “Pizzagate.”

Welch surrendered to police when he found no evidence that children were being harbored there, D.C. police said at the time.
:lol: That must be why there are 2 lawsuits against Jones by Sandy Hook parents, then: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/23/us/a ... index.html

He may not have been the first person to falsely accuse the parents, or to spread the crap about "Pizzagate", but that doesn't make it a tasteful form of comedy. Nor would it be a reason for social media to not ban him.
Just erected a giant platform on my lawn and put up a sign that says "FUCK FACEBOOK!!! Commit slander here and call Muslims subhuman here!!!"

Just doing my part. Fight the power.

Edit: I have had to deplatform the local meth head because apparently I am legally liable for giving a person a literal platform to call for the killing of all Jews.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:Make your mind up: is he a clown, or is he political? His lawyers called him a "performance artist" when he was trying to keep custody of his kids. I think he's a clown, and this is not political. It's a matter of taste - if you find conspiracy fantasies funny that blame victims' families, or claim there's a massive paedophile network ruling the world, then Jones is the kind of clown for you. Just remember you share that taste with a bunch of sociopaths and bigots.

The two aren't mutually exclusive but just to clarify when I say Jones is a clown I don't mean performance artist I mean that he behaves like a fool but many of his perspectives aren't foolish.

As for sociopaths and bigots, there's plenty on the left also.
Oh please. Please, point out a person on the left of equivalent heft, hue, and media share. This is not an either or situation. I am happy for the right wing to own Alex Jones because maybe some day the mask of psychopathy will finally slip all the way off.

There's a reason the Fake News industry focused on stories that appeal to the right wing: they are fucking morons.

Welp I guess I'll go listen to David Icke. Oh wait, no, his entire lizard people schtick has been coopted by right wing antisemites.

Prosthetic Conscience wrote:Make your mind up: is he a clown, or is he political?

Both. He's right wing.

Also just lmfao at Alex Jones children death & rape camps conspiracy coming to fruition under ICE and saying nothing about it because it happened under Trump.
SpecialOlympian wrote:I watched the stupid video and at the end Jones asks Farage if he will stand with him. Farage says just because he put "I STAND WITH ALEX JONES" on the side of a bus it's not a promise that he's committed to.

Nigel Farage is many things, but stupid is not one of them. This isn't a ''right vs. wrong'' incident with Alex Jones and his comedy, but ''right versus wrong''.
Nigel Farage is stupid, and as a stupid person he appeals to and represents stupid people. That is why he is hanging out with Alex Jones, a man who peddles bullshit supplements and survival garbage to the stupid.

Not that right wingers are capable of reflection, but when you are allying yourself with a conman who sells overpriced bullshit to rubes you should, ideally, ask yourself about the validity of your ideology.
I find it curious how they choose to pick THIS battle. I absolutely agree that any deplatforming of a legitimate news source - whether it be by YouTube or Trump - should not be encouraged, but Alex Jones is not the avatar of "journalism".

We must exit the European Union and take control of our own borders. Just imagine how dangerously close set our children's eyes will become if filthy Poles and Muslims are allowed entry into our glorious, pale kingdom.

And in other news:

In case you're wondering who Gavin McInnes is: he's a man who is famous on the internet for having multiple videos of himself shoving things up his ass to own the liberals. He showed them, repeatedly.
Red_Army wrote:Literally everyone supports censorship and its all based on ideology. We support it in different situations based on our ideologies. All of us also want people put in jail.

No we don't, because not all of us invest in pathetic fantasies, that need to be protected from criticism. I don't seek to ban Islam, Judaism or Marxism. The US needs more free speech not less, but the US is still way superior on free speech to Britain and other European countries.

You are already in one. He says his race is being[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

Fake, it's reinvestment in communities attacked on[…]

It is not an erosion of democracy to point out hi[…]