Infowars, Harasser of Parents of Sandy Hook Victims, Has Been Deplatformed Thread - Page 21 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Facebook is erasing popular alternative media pages that had millions of likes and suspending anti-war and anti-police brutality accounts, in coordination with Twitter. Journalist Max Blumenthal says this is part of a larger political crackdown; EFF's David Greene says the implications are dangerous.

Well I guess Lenny Posner was finally able to go home, but people are nonetheless getting banned from Facebook.

Left and right, independent doesn't matter. But this is what you wanted right?

A contributor to Buzzfeed is whining that Facebook deleted one of his pages.

I couldn't find evidence that the writer in this video cheered Jones getting banned from Facebook, but I found a bunch of articles from the site he contributed to doing just that.

Articles like Alex Jones is Finished on Facebook and the Internet is Rejoicing is just one of many such articles posted on their website.
maz wrote:Well I guess Lenny Posner was finally able to go home, but people are nonetheless getting banned from Facebook.

Left and right, independent doesn't matter. But this is what you wanted right?

A contributor to Buzzfeed is whining that Facebook deleted one of his pages.

I couldn't find evidence that the writer in this video cheered Jones getting banned from Facebook, but I found a bunch of articles from the site he contributed to doing just that.

Articles like Alex Jones is Finished on Facebook and the Internet is Rejoicing is just one of many such articles posted on their website.

That's why I would do if I wanted to feign to be the 'impartial third party'. Ban a couple of minor players on the left in order to create a veneer of 'reasonable doubt' for where it concerns my wholesale purge of right-leaning alt-news pages.
The Sabbaticus wrote:That's why I would do if I wanted to feign to be the 'impartial third party'. Ban a couple of minor players on the left in order to create a veneer of 'reasonable doubt' for where it concerns my wholesale purge of right-leaning alt-news pages.

You are probably right in some ways, but I remember some of the first social media websites and censorship of leftists, particularly anti-war and 9/11 truthers was rampant on them.

MySpace was pretty tolerant regarding free speech, but do you remember the second biggest site back then, Digg?

Digg was Reddit before Reddit, and Digg was notorious for banning critics of the Iraq war, and it's neocon users were constantly gaming the system so that anti-war stories got buried. I tried to find an article but was only able to find one from 2010 about censoring right wingers, but the period of time I am referring to was like 2007-2008.

The thing is that this is when the anti-war movement was fairly strong, and the right (kosher neocons) was more like the way the leftists are now.

Funnily enough, I am only now just remembering that I used a member of Alex Jone's forum, Prison Planet and getting perma-banned (IP banned) for wrong think :lol:

I don't really fault Jones personally for this because I don't think he had anything at all to do with his forum them. It was just a few crazy anti-free speech moderators.

The anti-war voices are still getting banned on social media, so in that sense, not much has changed. It's just that they are a much smaller group now.

You don't remember he was selling presidential tr[…]

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]

The safe zones are not safe. Misusing humanitarian[…]

The photo in the article showing tunnels supposed[…]