Innocent 84yo Grandmother Sues After Cops Attack Her on Video and Lie to Cover It Up - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Mesa, AZ — An Arizona family has learned the hard way what calling the police to help a relative can often look like as their grandmother was hospitalized after a welfare check. Showing their incompetence, the welfare check was for another family member but the police assaulted the innocent grandmother anyway. Now, the grandmother is filing a lawsuit and the taxpayers will likely be the ones held accountable.

The Free Thought Project reported on the incident when it happened in February Days after the incident, police released body camera footage showing how this grandmother got so hurt.

Although they released the video, the Mesa police department deliberately blurred the entire clip. However, even low resolution can’t hide the sadistic act of abusing an innocent grandmother.

As we previously reported, Ashlee Hahn detailed the assault in a dramatic Facebook post which showed the extent of her grandmother’s injuries. Hahn’s grandmother, Virginia Archer was hurt so badly during the check that she had to be hospitalized.

“I’ve never been treated like that in my life,” Archer told KTVK. “Nobody had ever treated me like that. And I certainly didn’t think it would be the police,” she said holding back tears.

“It only takes watching that video for one minute to know that these officers’ actions were improper and most likely criminal,” Archer’s attorney Solomon Radner said. “And they’ve done nothing. So now, we need to do something,” he said of the lawsuit.

Virginia Archer filed the suit last week at the U.S. District Court in Phoenix, alleging she was unlawfully arrested on Feb. 14 and subjected to “excessive, brutal and completely unnecessary force” by Mesa police officers who went to her home checking on the safety of her grandson.

The complaint names officers C. Orr and D. Grimm, as well as the department.

“Defendant Orr’s and Defendant Grimm’s actions were uncalled for, and they knew it immediately,” the lawsuit says. “Since they knew they were wrong, they attempted to justify their actions by lying to multiple people that Plaintiff (Archer) was being combative and/or ‘not following directions at all.’”

According to Hahn, at the time her grandmother was “recovering from her fourth stroke and is confused, cognitively impaired & barely physically able to stand on her own because of uncontrollable shaking.”

Hahn’s mother had called in a welfare check for her son who lives on Archer’s property. She told police her son was suicidal. Police were even given specific instructions not to disturb the 84-year-old because she is easily confused and fragile. When police arrived, the son was fine, but, as the body camera footage shows, the innocent grandmother was not.

“The police were called to her residence for a wellness check for a close family member who lives on her property,” explained Hahn. “They were specifically asked not to bother or question my grandmother because of her present and very fragile state.”

In spite of telling them to steer clear, however, police did the exact opposite.

“They forced her out of her home into the street, holding her arms tight enough to leave bruises and bleeding,” wrote Hahn. “Her inability to hold still (because of her previous strokes, as seen in uploaded videos) inclined them to slam her down, head first on the asphalt. They handcuffed her after she woke from her unconscious state.”

Indeed, the video shows this exact scenario. Officers forced the woman from her home by repeatedly telling her to come toward them. When she gets by them, she was clearly confused and had no idea what was going on.

Illustrating just how out of it she was, Archer starts referencing officers being behind the cars like a movie. As she turned around, the officers grabbed her and then surrounded her.

“You are not following my directions,” says a cop to the severely frail innocent elderly woman. Moments later, the innocent grandmother is slammed to the ground as cops jump on top of her and put her in handcuffs.

It seems Baby Boomers have very bad luck when receiving a welfare check.

Noemon Edit Video Added:

I cant find the video either. But here is the interview.

I would not be surprised. There is something really wrong with Mesa police department. Look at all the incidents that happened related to that police department, it is really messed up. Remember the guy who got shot in the hotel over a gun report, former Mesa police officer. Then remember it was posted here that a guy got punched out because he was trying to see his ex, also Mesa police.
American police officers being American police officers, it is hardly news that they are violent thugs. When the revolution comes and the police are replaces with the red guard the prisons will be overflowing with ex cops. They seem to be responsible for a large chunk of all crime in the US.

You would fail a middle school science class. I[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/uk[…]

I know some of those on the Left may have troub[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]