Trump is doing an awesome job, and the establishment is freaking out! - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Trump is doing an "awesome job" of deconstructing liberal capitalism. The US has rapidly evolved into a hard oligarchy - all factions of the state are beholden to, and operate in support of, the oligarchy. Trump has simply made the truth visible by embodying it, without pretense.
quetzlcoatl wrote:The US has rapidly evolved into a hard oligarchy - all factions of the state are beholden to, and operate in support of, the oligarchy. Trump has simply made the truth visible by embodying it, without pretense.

Trump has made it much more obvious, which I think is a great thing. I don't think the obviousness is because Trump embodies the oligarchy at all. For example, the left wing faction of a certain ethnicity trying to soil the Kavanaugh nomination does not have ties to Trump. It's just that there effort to destroy reputations becomes more obvious when they run out of creative ways to hide their machinations and instead opt for a parody of the Clarence Thomas nomination.
Wow, what an incredible move to make. Speaking directly to the corporate board and asking them,

"Do you want to spend more or less money on your employees? Yeah, thought so, I'm gonna put a guy who wants to abolish the minimum wage on the National Labor Board."

MAGA, bitches.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Wow, what an incredible move to make. Speaking directly to the corporate board and asking them,

"Do you want to spend more or less money on your employees? Yeah, thought so, I'm gonna put a guy who wants to abolish the minimum wage on the National Labor Board."

MAGA, bitches.

Way to go SpecialOlympian.
Minimum Wage and Discrimination
Our nation's first minimum wage law, the Davis-Bacon Act of 1931, had racist motivation. During its legislative debate, its congressional supporters made such statements as, "That contractor has cheap colored labor that he transports, and he puts them in cabins, and it is labor of that sort that is in competition with white labor throughout the country." During hearings, American Federation of Labor President William Green complained, "Colored labor is being sought to demoralize wage rates."

Today's stated intentions behind the support of minimum wages are nothing like yesteryear's. However, intentions are irrelevant. In the name of decency, we must examine the effects.

I'll bet you'll be pitching for gun control next.

Black unemployment rate hits a record low (under Trump, parentheticals mine)

Trump at 36 percent approval among African-Americans, new poll finds
Even as cable news networks debate reports of the existence of a recording of President Donald Trump using a racial slur, a new poll from Rasmussen Reports says that the president's approval rating among African-Americans is at 36 percent, nearly double his support at this time last year.

Hilarious. They are utterly mystified why nobody believes there bullshit anymore. MAGA! :rockon:
Whoa, what's next blackjack? You're going to tell me Margaret Sanger supported eugenics and that therefore I shouldn't believe that women ought to have access to family planning services?

It's almost like broken clocks are still right twice a day and decent ideas can come from shitty people sometimes, even if their intentions aren't necessarily good. Gosh, I sure feel owned. Still waiting on you to be right for once.
SpecialOlympian wrote:You're going to tell me Margaret Sanger supported eugenics and that therefore I shouldn't believe that women ought to have access to family planning services?

By family planning services, don't you really mean abortion? No, SpecialOlympian, I'm not going to tell you what you should believe. I'm just one who thinks that if the Democratic Party proposed repealing the 13th Amendment, you'd be all for it and probably be championing it as life long employment. The Republicans are somewhat fucked as a political party. The Democrats aren't even a party. They are a bizarro cult. I'll bet you are for states rights now that the Democrats are for sanctuary cities and sanctuary states, too.

Census Bureau: Hispanic Household Income Hits Record High
Now THIS is when America was great. Granting corporations the same rights under the constitution as citizens was a good first step followed by making unions essentially illegal. Hopefully Donald will finish the job. I just hope the suckers appreciate being great.

jimjam wrote:Now THIS is when America was great. Granting corporations the same rights under the constitution as citizens was a good first step followed by making unions essentially illegal. Hopefully Donald will finish the job. I just hope the suckers appreciate being great.

Unions are a kind of corporation.
blackjack21 wrote:Trump actively talks to businesses to see what policies they would prefer, such as whether or not they would like a mandate forcing them to purchase health insurance for their employees. This is why business leaders prefer Trump to Obama.

He doesn't seem to be a very good listener. When Boeing requested an 80% tariff be placed on Bombardier's aircraft the DoC placed a 300% tariff on them. Then Bombardier sold a 50% stake to Airbus allowing them to potentially avoid the tariff by using Airbus' assembly plant in Alabama and allowing Boeing's biggest competitor to acquire an aircraft it couldn't compete with before. Numbers are hard I guess.
AFIAK wrote:He doesn't seem to be a very good listener. When Boeing requested an 80% tariff be placed on Bombardier's aircraft the DoC placed a 300% tariff on them. Then Bombardier sold a 50% stake to Airbus allowing them to potentially avoid the tariff by using Airbus' assembly plant in Alabama and allowing Boeing's biggest competitor to acquire an aircraft it couldn't compete with before. Numbers are hard I guess.

So you think if he only put an 80% tariff on Bombardier, then Bombardier wouldn't have sold a stake to Airbus? That they should have sold a stake to Boeing instead? That Boeing was whispering not to make tariffs too high? I'm confused.

Stock market at all time highs today, and Trump was quick to point that out too. (I think we're overdue for a correction again).
Apparently, Trump is killing it with his rallies again. It's like 2016 all over again. The media is doing its level best to create the impression Trump isn't popular, but the lines to see him don't lie.

AMAZING! TWO MILE LONG LINE for Trump Rally in Springfield, Missouri!

Pretty incredible.
blackjack21 wrote:Apparently, Trump is killing it with his rallies again. It's like 2016 all over again. The media is doing its level best to create the impression Trump isn't popular, but the lines to see him don't lie.

Pretty incredible.

Has Donald had a rally in California recently? How about his home town of N.Y.C.? Or any other place where he represents about zero percent of the interests of the local population and the folks aren't conned by hate rhetoric and little red hats.
jimjam wrote:
Has Donald had a rally in California recently? How about his home town of N.Y.C.? Or any other place where he represents about zero percent of the interests of the local population and the folks aren't conned by hate rhetoric and little red hats.

Boy. You sure have a dim view of most of the geographic United States...
blackjack21 wrote:Boy. You sure have a dim view of most of the geographic United States...

Not really. jimjam has been in every one of the 50 states and, excepting pretentious assholes which can be found in every state, I love the people. Or you could say that I have a very high opinion of Donald as being perhaps the best con artist the world has ever seen.

His tactics are transparent and classic. Take Born Again Christians (I am married to a preacher's daughter and attend services) for example. They represent a tight knit and sizable voting bloc. Donald sees this and simply offers them some scraps from the table in exchange for their votes.
jimjam wrote:Donald sees this and simply offers them some scraps from the table in exchange for their votes.

One of those scraps from the table is conservative Supreme Court justices. I'm sure the evangelicals are watching as the effort to smear Brett Kavanaugh is being led by leftists, atheists, and (gulp)... Jews... :eek:

I think Trump's got them in the bag come 2020.
Manufacturing confidence at all-time high despite workforce shortage
Optimism among U.S. manufacturers is soaring as the Republican-led tax cuts help fuel a white-hot economy with the lowest unemployment numbers in over a decade, but a significant labor shortage is undermining the gains, a new report shows.

Nearly 93 percent of manufacturers are projecting further expansion for their businesses, and positive sentiment among smaller companies is up to 91.3 percent, according to a quarterly survey from the National Association of Manufacturers. It's one of the best outlooks the group has seen in the 20 years it has conducted the survey among its 14,000 members.

"We used to be happy when that number would get up to the mid- and high 50s," Chief Executive Officer Jay Timmons told the Washington Examiner.

I was glad I wasn't amid gulp or eating something when Donald Trump said the other day, "The only reason to vote for Democrats is because you are tired of winning." The dude is hilarious. He's a complete nut, but he's funny.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 51% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance.
MAGA! :rockon:

Job growth slumps in September, but the unemployment rate hits the lowest level since 1969
Trump can add "Summer of '69'" to his music line-up, because that's the last time unemployment was this low. Time to cut federal disability for phony cases like drug use, "anxiety" and so forth.

One of the strangest poll numbers I saw was that for California Governor, Newsom was beating Cox by 46% to 37% with 14% undecided. Undecided voters often break 2:1 against the incumbent. I think if California votes in a Republican governor, it will be the electoral shock of a generation.
Some have begun to argue that Trump is taking over the establishment :excited:

Never-Trump Republicans and FBI agents have been getting quashed or are flipping. Democrats are either more concerned with virtue signaling than they are with winning, or else they've stupidly tried to use Twitter to gauge public sentiment (even though that failed them already in 2016) and their campaign seems to have caused a spike in Republican enthusiasm for the midterms. After their defeat in 2020 they're going to have to start seriously discussing ditching the Twitterati if they want to stay relevant. The #BelieveSurvivors crowd are wearing rape-tinted glasses.

PoFo is also an example of how people on the internet can pretend they're talking about real things but are actually under no effective pressure whatsoever to conform anything to reality.
Hong Wu wrote:Democrats are either more concerned with virtue signaling than they are with winning, or else they've stupidly tried to use Twitter to gauge public sentiment (even though that failed them already in 2016) and their campaign seems to have caused a spike in Republican enthusiasm for the midterms

I wonder if that's why they are so pissed off at Russian bots.

At any rate, even CNN is recognizing it now.

President Donald Trump's winning streak

We shall see, but I think November is going to be humbling for the Democrats.

ethnicity is cultura No, I'm afraid it's not. C[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]