Feinstein Refers Kavanaugh to FBI for Alleged Sexual Assault 30 years ago - Page 44 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Trolls post in a way that is readable for other forums members. Trolling requires the ability to read a room and figure out the best way to piss someone off.

Yeah, that's a pretty good description of yourself....

Didn't you once say you put up the Maxine Waters avatar just to piss off Trump fans?

Lol.
Yes, and when I'm not feeling lazy I'll change my av to Kavanagh screaming.

Lmao @ conservatives being afraid of an elderly black woman. Wish I could find the video, but some doughy white middle aged jagoffs went down to Compton, started shit with her back constituents, and ended up getting chased off. It was great.
I read it was 15 judges, not 50 and the native Americans case is probably related to reservations and so-on. Also, if the Senate is in session and Democrats can't campaign, that means that... wait for it... Republicans also can't campaign. I mean, unless only the Republicans get to go home? Lol? It's amazing how they try to spin literally everything.

Kavanaugh was spotted feeding the poor recently after his confirmation (something he's been doing regularly for decades). Just back to normal for him now, or so I hope. What a guy!

Edit: I looked up the voter ID case, it was a 6-2 ruling (Kavanaugh recused himself because he just got there). This is one of those "not even close" rulings.
Taken in the perspective of the farcical Warren Commission report on the JFK assassination I really do not see why the Kavanaugh affair is any big deal. The so called "Supreme" Court is obviously a tool of the prevailing political winds of the federal government, tool of the plutocracy. Only a fool would consider this court to be impartial in any but the most mundane of cases. It represents, in essence, the epitome of pomp and hypocrisy ("liberal" or "conservative", no matter) behind which hides the real swamp, America's plutocracy.
The Supreme Court in America is the only thing I ever really found tolerable because (1) they're not elected and (2) liberal or conservative, they actually explain what the fuck they're doing, which is not something you usually get from the people running the show.

So for example, even though I don't agree with many of her opinions, I respect Ginsburg because she (see above).
SpecialOlympian wrote:Quick question, Finfinder: How do tariffs work?

Considering the topic of this thread, such an odd question in replying to my post.

SpecialOlympian wrote:Quick question, Finfinder: How do tariffs work?

. I don't even care to know, it is literally beneath me.

ummm ok then LOL

SpecialOlympian wrote:Do you think it would be fair if, before you were allowed to vote, you had to pass a quiz on tariffs and how they work? Because we know that you don't understand how tariffs work, despite working the ~prime broker~ desk or whatever the fuck they call it in the Commodities section of securities trading. I don't even care to know, it is literally beneath me.

I mean that in the most extreme literal sense: the stock and bond traders literally do their business one floor beneath the one I work on.

Why ask me why don't you tell everyone ? However I wonder if you would pass the test you want . You seem very confused and not able to comprehend the terms you use here like securities prime broker desk ? What is that? Since I feel bad for you, like a starving goose, I'll give you this crumb. I don't work at a desk and my office is the largest one in the building.

SO is good example of how unhinged the left has become.

Once again I am so sorry elections have consequences we hope you can get over this soon.
You're really struggling with the quote function aren't you?

Prime broker is the market on which you conduct bond trades, since all bond trades are negotiated instead of being a series of buy and sell orders. Here is an Investopedia article that might educate you.

Finfinder wrote:Why ask me why don't you tell everyone ?

Naw, it's more fun if you tell us.

Tell us how a tariff works and how it raises produce prices for Godstud.
SpecialOlympian wrote:You're really struggling with the quote function aren't you?

Prime broker is the market on which you conduct bond trades, since all bond trades are negotiated instead of being a series of buy and sell orders. Here is an Investopedia article that might educate you.

Naw, it's more fun if you tell us.

Tell us how a tariff works and how it raises produce prices for Godstud.

Again why are you asking such strange questions on a Kavanaugh thread?

BTW LOL you are confused what does all that have to do with a commodity.

are you feeling ok today
Hong Wu wrote: they actually explain what the fuck they're doing, which is not something you usually get from the people running the show.

To a degree, I agree. However, as in the case of the Warren court's examination of the JFK murder, they did not explain, IMO, that they were engineering a jerry-rigged farce that supported the conclusion they were told to reach.
Once again I am so sorry elections have consequences we hope you can get over this soon.

This is an extremely shallow interpretation of what ought to happen. Of course it is a very simple thing to believe.

In a grown up world (rather than the childish snowflake world of so-called conservatives) those serving in national government would believe that they should govern for all of the people. I do not expect this from republicans. But then I know of very few who are capable of understanding that they are simply tools for their oligarch overlords. Simpletons mostly who cheer for their own destruction.
jimjam wrote:Taken in the perspective of the farcical Warren Commission report on the JFK assassination I really do not see why the Kavanaugh affair is any big deal.

It was an attempt to prevent the rise of Justice Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court for what many feel was political reasoning--i.e., that Kennedy was often a swing vote, siding inexplicably with liberals on things like "gay marriage" when the remaining conservatives accurately noted that there was no such right in the 14th Amendment or anywhere else in the US Constitution. The left has used the courts to force social change for generations, and that ability appears to be coming to an end.

jimjam wrote:The so called "Supreme" Court is obviously a tool of the prevailing political winds of the federal government, tool of the plutocracy.

It is "Supreme" in the sense that their rulings coupled with the supremacy clause allow the court to overpower state legislatures. That is why the left likes to abuse the shit out the commerce clause too. America has always been ruled by monied interests. It was founded by monied interests who were upset that their royal government was fucking with their money. I'm not sure what kind of government you are hoping for, but an interest in money is what unites pretty much everyone.

Hong Wu wrote:The Supreme Court in America is the only thing I ever really found tolerable because (1) they're not elected and (2) liberal or conservative, they actually explain what the fuck they're doing, which is not something you usually get from the people running the show.

That's why Kennedy needed to go, and so do the rest of the liberal justices. Rulings like Obergefell have no basis in law whatsoever. This is also true of Roe v. Wade--the idea that the federal and state governments cannot rule on commerce (doctors are commercial actors) when it involves early term abortions is also ludicrous. There is no reason that abortions couldn't be made a not-for-profit activity, impose wage or price controls, etc.

Hong Wu wrote:So for example, even though I don't agree with many of her opinions, I respect Ginsburg because she (see above).

That's why I've broken with respect for the court as a whole over Obergefell. It's also why I do not have a problem with the Democrats wanting to impeach Kavanaugh. I think most of the court's liberals should be impeached and removed from office for deliberate misfeasance.

SpecialOlympian wrote:Why are you afraid to describe how tariffs work, and how they make potatoes or whatever more expensive for Godstud in Thailand?

You're a commodities trader. Why are you afraid to answer such a simple question?

I work in a literal penthouse investment firm btw. I don't even know what floor we're on because the elevator button says PH instead of a number.

Guys, this is a thread about Feinstein referring Kavanaugh to the FBI--and the ensuing Judiciary Committee fiasco. If you'd like to talk about the effect of tariffs and their operations, you can always open up a new thread to that end.

Finfinder wrote:Considering the topic of this thread, such an odd question in replying to my post.

Yes. Can you guys take your tariff dispute somewhere else?

jimjam wrote:To a degree, I agree. However, as in the case of the Warren court's examination of the JFK murder, they did not explain, IMO, that they were engineering a jerry-rigged farce that supported the conclusion they were told to reach.

It was the Warren Commission, not the Warren-led SCOTUS. You know it's a sham, because Warren was a very liberal Republican (i.e., a Progressive like Obama), and the idea that the commission was "bi-partisan" is almost always a telltale sign of a scam. Warren was the quintessential liberal (i.e., Progressive), even though he was a Republican attorney general of California at one time. He may have done this out of feelings of guilt, because he was responsible for interning Japanese-Americans during WWII and also implemented eugenics policies as attorney general.

Eugenics in California
Obama and his ilk are loath to acknowledge the history of Progressives in the United States. I always enjoy reminding people that Eugenic abortion is the whole point of Roe v. Wade. Margaret Sanger was a eugenicist.

Frederick Winslow Hatch: Secretary of the State Lunacy Commission in California, and later became the General Superintendent of State Hospitals.

That's a commission we could certainly use again... Alas, the JFK assassination is also off-topic, but among the reasons for the cover-up is that Oswald was trained by the US military, was an FBI informant and a CIA asset. So even though he defected to Russia and then returned to the United States, it's just as easy to allege that the Kennedy assassination was an inside job. So they cover up his ties to the US government to this day.

Drlee wrote:In a grown up world (rather than the childish snowflake world of so-called conservatives) those serving in national government would believe that they should govern for all of the people. I do not expect this from republicans. But then I know of very few who are capable of understanding that they are simply tools for their oligarch overlords. Simpletons mostly who cheer for their own destruction.

Proponents of abortion, like Margaret Sanger, were eugenicists. They had very race- and class-based purposes. For example, Sanger wanted to use abortion to get rid of blacks, Jews and Southern Europeans. Warren himself was a member of the anti-Asian Native Sons of the Golden West. It is a very strange irony that California's dilapidated state has almost nothing to do with Asians.

Drlee wrote:This is an extremely shallow interpretation of what ought to happen.

It is an interpretation of what has happened since the Warren Court. Warren sought to shed his legacy of Eugenics in the aftermath of WWII. This is because Eugenics policies were used against Jews--who were big proponents of Eugenics until it was used against them. As such, Warren gave us rulings like Brown v. Board of Education, Gideon v. Wainwright, Miranda v. Arizona, etc. In fact, Bork was "Borked," for nothing that there was no notion of "one-man, one-vote" in the US constitution as Warren ruled. Bork was right, too.

The media still thinks there is a big anti-Kavanaugh constituency out there:

Kavanaugh appointment to Supreme Court foreshadows crushing blow to Republican Party come November

Kavanaugh isn't popular with Middle America

I don't find it all that interesting, since I don't think most voters actually care. Generally, the pro- and anti-abortion folks are the ones who are most interested. I think, for Darwinian reasons, the anti-abortion folks will inevitably prevail.
blackjack21 wrote:The media still thinks there is a big anti-Kavanaugh constituency out there:

Kavanaugh appointment to Supreme Court foreshadows crushing blow to Republican Party come November

Kavanaugh isn't popular with Middle America

I don't find it all that interesting, since I don't think most voters actually care. Generally, the pro- and anti-abortion folks are the ones who are most interested. I think, for Darwinian reasons, the anti-abortion folks will inevitably prevail.

Kavanaugh is a disgusting individual, his fascistic behaviour against Bill Clinton was a disgrace, of course Leftie hypocrites rather than focusing on the Republicans hypocrisy chose to try and ignore Kavanaugh's actions under Clinton and demand that Kavanaugh be rejected on the basis of total unproven allegations. Because of this the Kavanaugh affair actually seemed to help Republicans. in a way this is bad news for Republicans, because as the Kavanaugh affair recedes in the public consciousness, the Democrats chances for November may be improving.
Rich wrote:Kavanaugh is a disgusting individual, his fascistic behaviour against Bill Clinton was a disgrace, of course Leftie hypocrites rather than focusing on the Republicans hypocrisy chose to try and ignore Kavanaugh's actions under Clinton and demand that Kavanaugh be rejected on the basis of total unproven allegations.

I see them as two-sides of the same coin. The Bush, Clinton and Obama families are all very friendly now. The fact that George W. Bush and Michelle Obama are friends ought to tell you something. Yes, Kavanaugh is a Bushy. That's a clear political reason to oppose him, not some phony rape charge. However, to assume that Clinton was a victim is to assume that they weren't all playing for the same team in the first place. That's why Obama's victories seemed so implausible, because he should have been very easy to beat. That's why a guy like Trump jumped in. A lot of people had to be saying to themselves, "If Obama can be president, anyone can be president." They will be sayin that in the 2020 election. I expect a pretty wide field of Democrats.

Again, though, I would stress that I no longer see the neoliberals and neoconservatives as natural enemies, but rather subclasses of the same master class. They are children of Wall Street. Siblings, not enemies. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Ken Starr and Bill Clinton yucking it up.
Drlee wrote:This is an extremely shallow interpretation of what ought to happen. Of course it is a very simple thing to believe.

In a grown up world (rather than the childish snowflake world of so-called conservatives) those serving in national government would believe that they should govern for all of the people. I do not expect this from republicans. But then I know of very few who are capable of understanding that they are simply tools for their oligarch overlords. Simpletons mostly who cheer for their own destruction.

That is very funny. I do do agree with one line above "I know very few people" I can see how that is true. Do you care to explain why or are you just marveling in some lame attempt at a baseless personal attack.

FACT Democrats will not work with Republicans when it come to supreme court nominees look at their voting record. prove otherwise!

You are a well documented never Trumper, so who cares what you and the never Trumpers think, you, didn't vote for this president ,btw who gave a list of who he would nominate. Talk about childish, review your posts on this topic better yet review your entire dialog on Trump LOL. They are nothing but attempts to bully and label people because that is all you and the Dems can do ( that and cheat). You can't pass any kind of legislation you don't have the votes. The country has rejected people like you that is why your side the Dems don't have the votes. You keep whining about it, but facts are facts the Democrats won't work with the Republicans. People really think Trump going to nominate a liberal judge LOL.

You get done what you can when you have the votes despite the baseless attacks from the media bigots and anti movement like you. So yes elections have consequences. In your case it seems apparent.
The Democrats only like election consequences when they win.
But in this case Trump is the winner and he is making Republicans winners too, because he wants to
make America great again. Trump wants to make America a winner instead of a loser.
The Democrats are happy to see America lose as long as they win power for themselves.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

[quote='ate"]Whatever you're using, I want[…]

My prediction of 100-200K dead is still on track. […]

When the guy is selling old, debunked, Russian pro[…]

There is, or at least used to be, a Royalist Part[…]