The Kavanaugh Circus Could Destroy the Me Too Movement - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Libertarian353 wrote:[Bulaba edit: warning for Rule 2 issued]

At least you you admit its wasn't an argument. Since you are such a superior intellect it should easy for you to support such an allegation. Now if I was a Democrat you might might be able to say something too that effect, especially when superstars with presidential aspirations like admitted sex offender Cory Booker, are leaders in this "me too" movement.

[Bulaba note: Responding to rule violations is off-topic and can incur a warning yourself]
Ter wrote:Libertarian253 A.K.A EM more often than not resorts to insults because he has no arguments.
Trying to debate anything with him is futile.

What else can he do when you guys are denying reality when it's staring you right in the face? Conservatives' continuing defense of rapists like Cosby and Kavanaugh (when multiple accusers have come forward) through allegations of Grand Conspiracy is just pathetic and disgusting.
[Admin note: About ~ 5 or so rule violations that are either personal attacks or racist have been removed from this page and the last half of the previous one. This behavior is infantile and I'd appreciate it if people could try to act like adults or the possibility of a card is on the table for certain individuals.

Responding to rule violations is off-topic and breaks rule 15. A lot of that has been happening, and people doing so will receive warnings as well.

Thank you and have a blessed day.]
I'm not sure if the Kavanaugh thing is destroying the #metoo movement actually, it will likely continue on no matter what. But #metoo may be destroying the Democrats.

If there's no blue wave, #metoo will be looking like an increasingly vocal minority. The movement will call everything a confirmation of rape culture. Yet they will start looking like a good way to lose elections and the Democrats are basically roping themselves to this movement and to these kinds of people who don't want things like due process to exist. The #metoo crowd is only going to get more extreme and will probably intensify the Democrat's developing losing streak. As the cycle of virtue signaling continues, these people will probably eventually and literally want to lose because that would be the most effective way to indicate your #metoo props and victim status.

Honestly they may be at that point already since I have never met a single person IRL who would openly say they don't believe in due process. Due process is basically one of those ipso facto concepts that everyone agrees with because the very use of the word "due" there basically establishes it, in a purely linguistic sense, as being something that someone is due to receive and so when you see a person on the internet saying they don't want to give someone what's due to them it pretty much immediately puts them into the realm of trolls and crazy people.
Hong Wu wrote:I'm not sure if the Kavanaugh thing is destroying the #metoo movement actually, it will likely continue on no matter what. But #metoo may be destroying the Democrats.

I agree. The #metoo movement seems to be a good thing, but the liberal Democrats have hijacked and politicized it to smear a good man in an attempt to prevent Trump from fulfilling another of his campaign promises. The Democrats have become a party of hate and obstruction of President Trump.
Kavanaugh is the best thing to happen to the democrats this year. Already over 3 million has been raised to unseat Collins in 2020. This will require the republicans to divert resources to defend what were once safe seats. It will also stand as a warning to those who might support her financially that they may face repercussions.

We will see if it motivates voters to get out and vote in November. I suspect not all that much but we will see.

What it boils down to is the woman vote. If the democrats play this right (and in all likelihood they won't) they could have a hell of a day on Nov 6.

Do I think that they will take the house? Hard to say. Never underestimate the democratic party's ability to squander a lead. Maybe the house and an outside chance for the senate. I would not place a bet either way and I called Trumps electoral victory on the nose.
Drlee wrote:Kavanaugh is the best thing to happen to the democrats this year. Already over 3 million has been raised to unseat Collins in 2020. This will require the republicans to divert resources to defend what were once safe seats. It will also stand as a warning to those who might support her financially that they may face repercussions.

I was pleasantly pleased with Collins this time. Many have called her a moderate Republican, but I called her a RINO (Republican in name only). But I was glad to see her act like she had some common sense and support one's innocence until proven guilty in this political hit job by the Democrats.
Saeko wrote:What else can he do when you guys are denying reality when it's staring you right in the face? Conservatives' continuing defense of rapists like Cosby and Kavanaugh (when multiple accusers have come forward) through allegations of Grand Conspiracy is just pathetic and disgusting.

The premise of conservatism is: "You don't have to care about other people."

Mocking and dismissing victims of sexual assault and rape is just the logical conclusion of this ideology. Conservative ideology is a mental disease. They will gladly live under a government that actively hurts others than attempts to benefit all.

They are the people in those sociological studies who, if given the choice, would rather take a 20% pay cut so long as everyone else lost 50% rather than an 80% pay raise if everyone else gets 100%. They are mentally defective and driven by anger.
Saeko wrote:I feel that this is unfair. The conservatives are well known to put law, order, and morality above anything else.... unless those laws are about rape.

Challenging false allegations is entirely consistent with conservatism. Those using rape allegations for political purposes must fail. If they succeed then in future everyone will think any woman who comes forward is up to something.

You should oppose those who use rape allegations as a political weapon.
What about people who, when posed with rape allegations, cry like little bitches live on national television and promise that their enemies will "Reap the whirlwind?"

I'm just not getting the sense that Kavanaugh was qualified to be on the bench in the first place and that this isn't the case of an innocent drunkard with anger issues being unfairly railroaded.
foxdemon wrote:Challenging false allegations is entirely consistent with conservatism.

The allegations are most likely true. There are now three women who have independently accused Kavanaugh of either sexual assault or rape. Kavanaugh never denied the charges against him explicitly. He had to weasel out of every question to avoid perjuring himself. Why? Because he's guilty.

Those using rape allegations for political purposes must fail.

No. Rapists must fail. Those covering and apologizing for rapists must fail. People who are trying to put criminals into the highest court in the country (or any court) must fail.

You should oppose those who use rape allegations as a political weapon.

You should oppose those who rape.

...Imagine the Russians telling the US it needs t[…]

Supposedly Iran sent information on their attack t[…]

LOL When protesters are arrested, it is cops be[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

“They started it” is an excuse used by schoolchild[…]