The Kavanaugh Circus Could Destroy the Me Too Movement - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Rugoz wrote:Even if there's only a 10% probability of him lying under oath, that's enough to disqualify him, IMO.

This is silly. Giving the impression of a 10% probability is predominantly a function of how strongly a candidate is opposed by one side and how far that side is prepared to go to discredit him or her. Add a willing media, and this becomes fairly easy.

And who would make that assessment anyway?

There's no reason not to pick another candidate.

There are plenty of reasons. See for example this post from the other thread.

Kavanaugh will still be a federal judge, so let's not pretend his career will be destroyed or anyhting.

What makes you think the Democrats and their base will let this rest in case he is not confirmed? They have made it abundantly clear that, as far as they are concerned, he is guilty which means he's not fit to be a judge. At this point they are saying he's not fit to teach, and one opinion piece by USA Today even suggested he shouldn't be let near underage girls as a basketball coach (this has been removed/changed since I think).
Yeah it has to be the lying drunk who acted like a petulant child at his own job interview or nobody. Also we owe it to the unrepentant rapist with extremely questionable finances now or his life is ruined.

It's only fair that Kavanaugh get the job because now he deserves it. Think of how much he has suffered and how he only has his federal appointment to go back to, which will absolutely be taken away for reasons I can not explain you just have to trust me on this.

Lets just assume the worst: Kavanaugh is literally homeless and starving to death in the streets because of his massive accumulation of terrible life decisions. From the initial attempted rape, his lifetime of violent drunkenness, the continued perjury, and his insane meltdown in front of the entire nation. His actions lead to the loss of the nomination, his professional accomplishments, his family, etc.

What exactly is lost when this man starves to death in the street, a victim of the Darwinian economic meritocracy he firmly believes in? What value is lost when a loser such as him is reduced to panhandling for beer money? Frankly, I see it as the logical conclusion of his own right wing beliefs. Having no employment value to the government, private sector, or the GOP he will simply have to die because he can't afford to live.
I think the Democrat's have put #metoo's credibility on the line. If Kavanaugh is appointed and the Democrats don't take Congress, it would be a repudiation of the movement's perceived power. Although like I wrote, a lot of SJWs want an environment for their fantasies more than anything else and so losing would suit them just fine; they need to be able to call other people things like pro-rape.

The thing to really watch out for is whether red state democrats who are dropping in the polls vote for Kavanaugh. That would be quite Kavanaughty of them wouldn't it? If they don't vote Kavano it would suggest that conservatism is stronger than a twitter hashtag and this would all be for Kavanaught.
Zagadka wrote:The Kavanaugh Circus is essentially a SJW's wet dream as far as promoting their point goes.

True....it will be interesting to see which side prevails in this, this is a bit of a water-shed moment culturally in my opinion. For better or worse.
Saturation of stupidity will always backfire.

Poll: Amid Kavanaugh Confirmation Battle, Democratic Enthusiasm Edge Evaporates
https://www.npr.org/2018/10/03/65401587 ... evaporates

Just over a month away from critical elections across the country, the wide Democratic enthusiasm advantage that has defined the 2018 campaign up to this point has disappeared, according to a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll.

In July, there was a 10-point gap between the number of Democrats and Republicans saying the November elections were "very important." Now, that is down to 2 points, a statistical tie.

Democrats' advantage on which party Americans want to control Congress has also been cut in half since last month. Democrats still retain a 6-point edge on that question, but it was 12 points after a Marist poll conducted in mid-September.

Saeko wrote:Clearly, the Republicans are not sending their best into the White House. They're sending their criminals, their rapists... and some, I assume, are good people.

Hit it out of the park there (as you colonials say). :lol:
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:And who would make that assessment anyway?

Me obviously when it comes to my personal opinion. The majority in the Senate or public opinion when it comes to the appointment.

Kaiserschmarrn wrote:There are plenty of reasons. See for example this post from the other thread.

Yawn. The idea that a supreme court appointment is about qualification is inane. The GOP knows that better than anyone else. It's just as much about political orientation or credibility.
Rugoz wrote:Yawn. The idea that a supreme court appointment is about qualification is inane. The GOP knows that better than anyone else. It's just as much about political orientation or credibility.

For some senators it actually is predominantly about qualification and not about political orientation. That would be those who routinely confirm candidates of the other side, and the one quoted in the article is probably one of them.

Regardless, that's an odd take away, as the piece wasn't really about this.
Kaiserschmarrn wrote:For some senators it actually is predominantly about qualification and not about political orientation. That would be those who routinely confirm candidates of the other side, and the one quoted in the article is probably one of them.

Regardless, that's an odd take away, as the piece wasn't really about this.

History proves that the process is mostly political, overwhelmingly lopsided in that the Democrats do not vote for Republican nominees.
Libertarian353 wrote:Get better nominees, they were willing Garland.

Who was? The Democrats didn't have enough votes. According to many on this thread fair play. Should they have put him through the process destroy his character and then decline the nomination? It was also an election cycle. Just more crying from the left because they cannot lawfully win the seats and pass their agenda through the legitimate process outlined in the constitution. They simply can't govern unless they cheat and rig the system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4e4fI_r3b0 huma[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

... rape ... You have mentionned "rape&quo[…]

The importance of out-breeding

DOG BREEDING https://external-content.[…]

Who needs a wall? We have all those land mines ju[…]