So, Hillary has called for incivility towards Republicans - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Heisenberg wrote:You literally worship a guy whose entire political schtick is being an obnoxious, coarse moron. It seems a bit rich to complain about Democratic "incivility", given that context.

Yeah that's kind of true :lol: But only kind of. The truth is that aside from Trump, Republicans overall have remained civil. Leftists have not and it's hurting them. These appear to be as close to facts as such things can be proven.
Hong Wu wrote:The truth is that aside from Trump, Republicans overall have remained civil.

That sounds pretty typical. Maybe drinking liberal tears is a trigger for it.

Anyway, Hillary is an idiot and no one should listen to her.
Zagadka wrote:Image

That sounds pretty typical. Maybe drinking liberal tears is a trigger for it.

Anyway, Hillary is an idiot and no one should listen to her.

You seem as if you're trying to play both sides in every post. Should we not listen to Hillary because she is wrong in this instance, or just because she's an idiot in general and it would be fine if someone else says it?
Hong Wu wrote:You seem as if you're trying to play both sides in every post. Should we not listen to Hillary because she is wrong in this instance, or just because she's an idiot in general and it would be fine if someone else says it?

Hillary is the American Tony Blair: she is completely oblivious to how toxic she is. She could say that the sky is blue and it would piss people off, so ultimately it's best that she just retire with some semblance of grace rather than desperately clinging to the limelight. Frankly, any intervention of hers is unhelpful.
It would be far, far better if she called upon Democrats to follow the lead of President of the United States Donald Trump and do all they can to reach across the aisle and heal the divide that's all too evident in today's America.

The President's kind and considerate words to Mrs. Hillary Rodham Clinton, not to mention the way he demands similar courtesy toward her by those attending his rallies, should serve as a model for us all.
Hong Wu wrote:You seem as if you're trying to play both sides in every post.

Thank you? Nah, I'm just generally opposed to both, but in different ways. I would generally side with Democrats on many issues, but they are also horrible on many other issues, and generally incompetent as an organization goes. I'm cringing over the "blue wave" lines. They are too dumb to exploit this situation, as shown by how they blew it for many people over the entire Kavanaugh case, or how they never pushed much on any issues after Obama got elected. They just kinda closed up shop and dropped the issues. Outside of Obamacare (which is a hack job in practice) and some regulations I would expect for any remotely left-wing group, they just did nothing. Then again, I'm plain more radical than centrist Democrats, and I don't expect everyone to agree with me. The other hand of "playing both sides" that I do? Like saying the USMCA is decent? It is. Can't really argue, so kinda have to agree. If a Republican does something deserving, I'll agree. If a Democrat fails, I'll smack them down.

The real thing you have to feel bad for is having to choose between MAGA and SJW camps on many issues. They are both annoying.

EDIT;

For instance, MAGA people really piss me off how they pretend to care about labor laws and regulations. They don't.

EDIT 2;

"Lindsey Graham warns there will be 'hell to pay' if Saudi Arabia killed missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi" <--- I 100% agree with this

Should we not listen to Hillary because she is wrong in this instance, or just because she's an idiot in general and it would be fine if someone else says it?

In general. She is a far better fit for me than someone like Trump, but she is just a bad person (though again, less than Trump). I would agree with her if she said something I agree with. Healthcare, for example, is probably a general topic. But that is similarity of position, not really agreement.
Heisenberg wrote:You literally worship a guy whose entire political schtick is being an obnoxious, coarse moron. It seems a bit rich to complain about Democratic "incivility", given that context.

That's a fair assessment from a 50k foot view. People don't like Trump simply because he can be a bit boorish. They like him -Noemon Edit: Rule 16- because he calls it like it is, and when he does, the establishment flips out but his supporters love it. Ordinary Americans without political prejudice would see something like the Blasey-Ford charge as politically motivated. Yet, many rank-and-file Republicans constantly fall for the DNC/media coordination strategy. They consistently give Democrats and the media the benefit of the doubt. A nice aspect of the Wikileaks targeting of the DNC is that it revealed the DNC/media nexus--something they continue to deny.

However, the Kavanaugh nomination would probably have failed if Jeb Bush had been president. The reason is that the RNC establishment types would try to placate the Democrats and media attack as though they were actually seriously concerned about Kavanaugh's character or temperament.

Frankly, I love that Trump fights back. The media attacked Trump for pointing out that Blasey-Ford's testimony was full of holes. The rest of the Republican establishment didn't do that, because they don't want negative press.

Trump, uniquely among Republicans, understands that there is no such thing as bad press. You simply have to have the skills to get your message out with the headwinds that the DNC/media cabal presents. Ultimately, Trump is represents a new mode of operation for conservative politicians facing an opposing party with media, higher education and paid street protesters creating the impression of momentum for their side. It's basically now a requirement for a conservative politicians to be able to deal effectively with opposing party psyops.
Heisenberg wrote:Hillary is the American Tony Blair: she is completely oblivious to how toxic she is. She could say that the sky is blue and it would piss people off, so ultimately it's best that she just retire with some semblance of grace rather than desperately clinging to the limelight. Frankly, any intervention of hers is unhelpful.

Let's hope she can't undo Brexit (Hillary Clinton: 'Brexit could be biggest self-inflicted wound in history') which is a good thing anyway (Donald Trump on EU: 'Brexit is a good thing').
The EU seems pretty dead at this point with Italy no longer respecting Brussel's commands in some areas and Brussel's can't afford to do anything to a country that large.

But back to incivility.

Republican incivility: LOL Lib you got owned -- hey why does no one seem to see my posts anymore?

Democrat incivility: Trash local Starbucks or video yourself harassing Republicans until they leave a public place, Twitter gives them a blue checkmark for it.
Hong Wu wrote:Republican incivility: LOL Lib you got owned -- hey why does no one seem to see my posts anymore?

Democrat incivility: Trash local Starbucks or video yourself harassing Republicans until they leave a public place, Twitter gives them a blue checkmark for it.

Liberals should shut their fucking smugs, those psychopathic swine belong in prison themselves. If Western civilization had any standard of decency liberals would be spit on everywhere they went.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/eric-h ... r-civility

Eric Holder rejects Michelle Obama's Call for Civility, says "when they go low, we kick 'em." The dialogue on the left seems to be getting more and more violent, this may be the first literal reference to violence though by someone who was in mainstream politics. And a former attorney general, no less!
Evita wrote:I was very sad for many days when I discovered that in the world there were poor people and rich people; and the strange thing is that the existence of the poor did not cause me as much pain as the knowledge that at the same time there were people who were rich.

Beautiful words from the world's greatest female politician. Puts Mrs Wall Street Loving Clinton to shame.
Hong Wu wrote:The dialogue on the left seems to be getting more and more violent, this may be the first literal reference to violence though by someone who was in mainstream politics. And a former attorney general, no less!

Trump should take away his security clearance. Holder has also started undermining the SCOTUS, not just Kavanaugh.

At any rate, I think for conservatives, Hillary's call is a good thing. They already inspired that nutter to shoot Steve Scalise. Now that Obama and Soros have organized riots in the halls of Congress, the Republicans seem to finally be waking up to the fact that the Democrats are actually quite crazy people.

That the Democrats want to be perceived as uncivil and dangerous is a great thing going into a mid-term election. I wonder if this is a Wall Street ploy to kill off the Ocasio-Cortez types. It couldn't be the Republicans, as they've proven time and again that they are way too stupid to pull something like that off.
Heisenberg wrote:Hillary is the American Tony Blair: she is completely oblivious to how toxic she is. She could say that the sky is blue and it would piss people off, so ultimately it's best that she just retire with some semblance of grace rather than desperately clinging to the limelight. Frankly, any intervention of hers is unhelpful.

That is all true but you miss the larger point. This is a person who almost got away with rigging the election and would be the sitting president right now. In this this context it is a a very huge statement to make. Like it or not she is representing Democrats. Thank god for the electoral college.

Just another reason the Democratic party is in a death spiral. This article is a good laugh. Video is even funnier.

Clintons aren’t going away yet, as upcoming speaking tour shows

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation ... story.html

Some passages from the article: Apparently the Clinton's are going on tour, Hillary is going to lecture on not being civil to your political opponents, and Bill is speaking in support of the Me Too movement.

WASHINGTON — The 2020 presidential election season will kick off with some familiar names: Bill and Hillary Clinton.

The couple is launching a 13-city tour, produced by the global entertainment company Live Nation, more known for musical acts than political ones. Billed as “An Evening with the Clintons,” it starts just two weeks after the midterm elections.

And it’s prompting some rare bipartisan confusion.

That’s because the Clintons aren’t selling a book. Or a TV show. Or a charitable cause. They appear to be promoting themselves. And they’ll be doing it just as a wide field of Democrats are casting about for a fresh face who can challenge President Trump.

The tour, which will take the former first couple to Boston, where tickets range from $120.50 to $370.50, as well as Texas, Michigan, Connecticut, and Canada, is part of a political mini-trend. Michelle Obama is on tour with Live Nation — though she’s also selling her book.

Spokesmen for Bill and Hillary Clinton didn’t respond to questions about whom the ticket sales benefit. :lol: :lol: :lol: Or what, exactly, the message of the events would be. Or why the former two-term president and former secretary of state feel the need to hit the road now as a slice of the nation looks to future leaders to take on Trump.

“Trump will rub his fingers raw tweeting about the Clintons and will use their tour as yet another distraction for whatever firings he undertakes after the midterms,” predicted Craig Varoga, a Democratic strategist. “But only a very cold heart would begrudge a former president and secretary of state the opportunity to be heard.”

“But to a person, their biggest challenge will be each other and the eight-thousand-pound tweeting gorilla in the White House, not Bill and Hillary Clinton,” Varoga said. “The most viable Democrat is going to be the one who finds his or her voice despite the 24/7 pseudo-reality show that ain’t going away any time soon.”
Republican incivility: Barack Obama's entire life has been built on a fraud perpetrated at his birth and he is not a legitimate president.

Democratic repsonse: WTF? OK, here's the documentary proof he was born in Hawaii, if you really need that.

Rs: THESE ARE ALL FAKE! Hillary murdered Vince Foster after having an affair with him! We demand the guy who pushed this nonsense would make an excellent Supreme Court judge! And she wanted Americans to die in Benghazi! We need multiple investigations to see if she hates America! And Democrats run a pedophile ring out of a pizzeria basement!
[editor's note: please imagine all that in caps, since the PoFo rules frown on too much of them. The Republicans were hysterically shouting it all)

Ds: WTF?

Rs: Trump speaks for us! He hates all the people we hate! Mexicans, women, Muslims, poor people! America Fuck Yeah!

Ds: OK, maybe the time for civility is gone ...

Rs: Mommy, they're being incivil to us! Lock them up! Assault the media! They want to turn the USA into a Venezuelan hellhole! They hate America! Oh, wait, we've been saying that about them for decades ... how come they don't feel like treating us civilly anymore? Jeez, some people are just so unreasonable ...

Hong Wu wrote:Kavanaughtism, for lack of a better portmandeau, appears to be backfiring in the polls.

Meaning the Republicans sticking with the creepy guy accused of sexual assault?

Poll: Kavanaugh confirmation energizes Democrats more than GOP

Republicans are touting the confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh as rocket fuel for the GOP grass roots in next month’s midterm elections, but it’s Democrats who appear more energized by the nomination fight, according to a new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/ ... rms-885940

Zagadka wrote: and neutering lobbyists.

There should be a lifetime ban on lobbying for lawmakers, congressional staffers, and executive appointees. Lobbying should also only be allowed at designated times and places and on the official record(no more phone calls, emails, trips, or cocktail parties). Oversight and enforcement needs to be removed from the ethics committees and transferred to a nationally elected office of congressional ethics with subpoena power.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]