Trump and Republicans work to destroy Social Security and Medicare - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
We are going to die no matter how great our health system is. Is it really so much a burden if we die 2 years earlier and leave society with funds for other things? Is my living two years longer more valuable than a new playground for those enjoying their youth?
One Degree wrote:Lmao. The US is not a federation due to the will of the people. It is a federation because we had an armed conflict that stated quite clearly you will be killed if you reject the federation. To this day, we are not allowed to secede by the vote of the people in the secession area.

The vast majority doesn't want to secede. Name me a state where polls show a majority for secession. Not that it matters, since as long as the US is a federal state, there are problems that have to be solved at the federal level.

One Degree wrote:Large social welfare programs are dependent upon expanding economies. We have almost reached the end of this being able to continue. The social programs will collapse because absolutely no one is planning for ‘no growth economies’ which are inevitable.

The US health care system if by far the most expensive and least sustainable.
Rugoz wrote:The vast majority doesn't want to secede. Name me a state where polls show a majority for secession. Not that it matters, since as long as the US is a federal state, there are problems that have to be solved at the federal level.

The US health care system if by far the most expensive and least sustainable.

It is very difficult to get a majority to support something they know will not be allowed to happen. Give them the right to vote to secede and see what happens.
One Degree wrote:We are going to die no matter how great our health system is. Is it really so much a burden if we die 2 years earlier and leave society with funds for other things? Is my living two years longer more valuable than a new playground for those enjoying their youth?

Sorry America 2018 is all about every man for himself. I am simply living by the example being set by Donald and the Republican Plutocratic Party. Let that billionaire who got a $33,000 per year tax break from Donald financed at the cost of increased pain and suffering by the peons buy a playground for those who enjoy their youth while paying off their $200,000 "student loans".

America was "great" when people cared for each other and had a heart. Now all that matters is accumulating more and ever more money and crushing anyone who happens to disagree with whatever you do or think. Cut their fucking heads off and body slam them into submission.

Am I pissed off? Yea …… a little bit.
jimjam wrote:Sorry America 2018 is all about every man for himself. I am simply living by the example being set by Donald and the Republican Plutocratic Party. Let that billionaire who got a $33,000 per year tax break from Donald financed at the cost of increased pain and suffering by the peons buy a playground for those who enjoy their youth while paying off their $200,000 "student loans".

America was "great" when people cared for each other and had a heart. Now all that matters is accumulating more and ever more money and crushing anyone who happens to disagree with whatever you do or think. Cut their fucking heads off and body slam them into submission.

Am I pissed off? Yea …… a little bit.

I will admit to periodically wondering if I made a mistake for my kids by not pursuing wealth. I am an idealist however so I will continue to hope we can put an end to ‘me first’ that has somehow mutated out of pursuit of individual rights.

Helping Ukraine to defeat the Russian invasion an[…]

https://twitter.com/huwaidaarraf/status/1773389663[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

What wat0n is trying to distract from: https://tw[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]