Trump and Republicans work to destroy Social Security and Medicare - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Well, we already explained how it is basically theft.

And it is true that if social security was dismantled today, all the people who were depending on it and who have paid into it would suffer more than if social security was not dismantled. And in some cases, the additional suffering caused would result in an otherwise avoidable death.
Bush jr had a go at this business. Because everyone is either paying for it or living on it, it was widely rejected. I expect it will be the same, but all the more reason for stacking both houses with democrats
Pants-of-dog wrote:Well, we already explained how it is basically theft.

And it is true that if social security was dismantled today, all the people who were depending on it and who have paid into it would suffer more than if social security was not dismantled. And in some cases, the additional suffering caused would result in an otherwise avoidable death.

It is unreasonable to fear the old and poor will be abandoned when their care has never done anything except improve. It is simply hysteria. It does not mean we are not able to change how we provide for them. If Social Security were dismantled (which I consider highly unlikely in the next 50 years), it will be replaced by other means.
jimjam wrote:After a budget busting $1,500,000,000,000 tax gift to the plutocracy the Republican Plutocratic Party now claims that, in the interest of fiscal austerity and a balanced budget ( :lol: ) America's senior citizens must now experience increased suffering and sickness and decreased quality of life...… ie. "Fuck you Pop! Drop dead ……….. I need another billion."

All of your claims are lies by some on the left to panic people into voting for Democrats.
I hope the majority of the American voter can see through the fraud from the left.
We shall see in November.
Hindsite wrote:All of your claims are lies by some on the left to panic people into voting for Democrats.
:lol: OK, Mr. Genius, where are they going to get the tax money that the are no longer getting from the rich? Cmon. Tell us all. You can feel free to demonstrate this through sources, if you can't explain it.
Godstud wrote::lol: OK, Mr. Genius, where are they going to get the tax money that the are no longer getting from the rich? Cmon. Tell us all. You can feel free to demonstrate this through sources, if you can't explain it.

I am not a genius, only a near genius, and I can not predict the future either because I am not a prophet of God. Praise the Lord.
One Degree wrote:It is unreasonable to fear the old and poor will be abandoned when their care has never done anything except improve. It is simply hysteria.

Actually, it is unreasonable to assume that the care of the elderly will always improve, no matter what budget changes are made.

It does not mean we are not able to change how we provide for them. If Social Security were dismantled (which I consider highly unlikely in the next 50 years), it will be replaced by other means.

Do you have any evidence that would indicate that Trump and his administration are planning to replace the money they steal from social security?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Do you have any evidence that would indicate that Trump and his administration are planning to replace the money they steal from social security?

One of Trump's campaign promises was to preserve Social Security benefits for the elderly while he is in office. That is good enough for me.
I think it's clear the GOP isn't interested in the least in arranging any form of healthcare for anyone, full stop. That twit that's leaving paul Ryan...it's been said he's been developing a plan since Obama took office. 10 years, for Pete's sake. Where is it? All he has to do is to speak to a few other countries like Canada, or Australia. Similar in structure with 3 levels of government. Big in size. If asked, they tell him what he needs to know.
Stormsmith wrote:I think it's clear the GOP isn't interested in the least in arranging any form of healthcare for anyone, full stop. That twit that's leaving paul Ryan...it's been said he's been developing a plan since Obama took office. 10 years, for Pete's sake. Where is it? All he has to do is to speak to a few other countries like Canada, or Australia. Similar in structure with 3 levels of government. Big in size. If asked, they tell him what he needs to know.

Paul Ryan's plan was not accepted by the majority, so he is leaving in January. Government run healthcare is normally not very good. I believe capitalist competition in healthcare is probably going to be the best way to go for the majority in the USA that can afford it.
Hindsite wrote:I am not a genius, only a near genius, and I can not predict the future either because I am not a prophet of God. Praise the Lord.
Not even a near genius, as you can't come up with ANY explanation. Pathetic. Stick to your religion of ignorance.

Hindsite wrote:One of Trump's campaign promises was to preserve Social Security benefits for the elderly while he is in office. That is good enough for me.
:lol: He's already doing it.

Trump’s Promise Not to Cut Social Security Broken
The following statement was issued by Richard Fiesta, Executive Director of the Alliance for Retired Americans, regarding President Trump’s fiscal 2018 budget proposal.

“President Trump has betrayed America’s seniors. His White House staff claims that the President’s budget does not cut ‘core’ Social Security benefits, which is a distinction without a difference. Cuts to Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) are Social Security cuts plain and simple. They will weaken the earned benefits that millions have paid for during decades of work.

“Trump’s budget plan takes health care away from millions of Americans. At a time when 10,000 Americans are turning 65 every day, slashing Medicaid funds for elderly health care is wrong-headed and cruel.

The budget cuts $1.4 trillion from Medicaid, by following through on the Trumpcare health bill passed by House Republicans and making additional cuts over 10 years. The Congressional Budget Office estimated that the Trumpcare bill could end Medicaid benefits for about 10 million people – including millions of seniors, the disabled, veterans and children. The 2018 budget will affect even more.

This budget also decimates the Community Development Block Grant, which provides funding to states and communities to fund home-delivered meals for home-bound seniors, through organizations such as Meals on Wheels.
Trump’s proposal would cut the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) by more than 25 percent, taking benefits away from the 45 million citizens, especially seniors, who need basic nutrition.

“All of this is in addition to slashing the earned pension benefits of current and future federal workers.

“Cutting pensions and other critical programs to fund tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans and highly profitable corporations, which pay little to no tax already, is an affront to working families.

“President Trump’s fiscal 2018 budget is a terrible mix of warped values and blatant dishonesty. The Alliance for Retired Americans will mobilize our 4.4 million members to see that it never advances.”

https://retiredamericans.org/trumps-pro ... ty-broken/
@Godstud
Do you know anything about SSDI? Do you know you can qualify for alcoholism, drug addiction, and mental disorder? I have a young man in my building who is on SSDI. He was diagnosed with a mental disorder that is totally controllable with medication. He was diagnosed as a teenager and has never worked a day in his life. He is in his late 30’s now. He is totally normal under medication. Mildly aggressive without it. Argumentative, not violent.
I received SSDI for a year before I qualified for regular social security, I was greatful, but the experience showed me it was more about supporting lawyers than the disabled. The program deserves some serious rethinking that will allow for serious budget reductions.
Hindsite wrote:Trump wants to repeal and replace with something better

Pre existing condition? Sorry, you're not covered. In other words, kind of a pretend health care.

Hindsite wrote:One of Trump's campaign promises was to preserve Social Security benefits for the elderly while he is in office. That is good enough for me.

You're a sap. The man averages 7 lies per day.

Hindsite wrote:I am not a genius, only a near genius, and I can not predict the future either because I am not a prophet of God. Praise the Lord.

Sheer nonsense.

Hindsite wrote:All of your claims are lies

Please prove to me that the tax giveaway to billionaires who don,t need it of $1,500,000,000,000 did not add to the federal deficit. And none of this trump of god or 2+2=5 bullshit.

There, enough time wasted for today. I have a doctor appointment to go to. I am getting really top notch government run health care thanks to LBJ and the Democrats. If it wasn't for Medicare, not this trump of god crap, I would be bankrupt.
Stormsmith wrote:I think it's clear the GOP isn't interested in the least in arranging any form of healthcare for anyone, full stop. That twit that's leaving paul Ryan...it's been said he's been developing a plan since Obama took office. 10 years, for Pete's sake. Where is it? All he has to do is to speak to a few other countries like Canada, or Australia. Similar in structure with 3 levels of government. Big in size. If asked, they tell him what he needs to know.

That is somewhat correct less the dramatic hyperbole.
I certainly don't trust the Democrats with government power. Therefore, I will stick with the promises of Trump and the Republicans. I really don't care about Medicaid, but my wife and I do qualify for Medicare, a great healthcare benefit for senior citizens. Praise the Lord.
Stormsmith wrote:No need to praise the Lord this time. People bought and paid for Medicaid and for their SS. You could invoke an appeal to God to keep it, and/or call on God damn Trump if he and his administration end it. 8)

I am sure there is no plan to end either Medicare or Medicaid. That is just another one of the scare tactics of the Democrats. However, in the future there will become a need to modernize them.
Head in the sand, again, @Hindsite ?

House GOP 2019 budget calls for deep Medicare, Medicaid spending cuts

House Republicans offered a budget proposal on Tuesday that would cut mandatory spending by $5.4 trillion over a decade, including $537 billion in cuts to Medicare and $1.5 trillion in cuts to Medicaid and other health programs.
On Medicare, the budget would move towards a system of private health insurance plans competing with one other, rather than the current open-ended, government-provided Medicare system.

On Medicaid, the budget would impose new caps that could lead to cuts in payments over time.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3930 ... nding-cuts

Lol this is why I know better than to even try to[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]