Mueller ready to deliver key findings after midterms, - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I predicted there would be something unconfirmed right before the elections. I still expect there to be a ‘leak’ that can not be verified until after the elections. The Democrats are too consistent in ‘suspicion accusations’ to pass up this.
Hong Wu wrote:And once Mueller falls, it will usher in an age of eternal whiteness! Muhahahahahahaha!

:lol:

Hong Wu wrote:My spin on this is that if Mueller had found evidence of a Trump-Russia conspiracy, something would leak or he wouldn't wait until after the midterms. It's kind of important.

It does seem like an odd announcement.

Two possibilities come to mind:

The more sinister Option One:

Mueller has not found collusion and wants to wait to release the report because reporting a lack of collusion now would destroy the Democrats in the mid-terms.

OR

Option Two: Less sinister:

Mueller does claim to have found collusion, but is confident that the Democrats will take the house and that his report will guarantee impeachment.

We'll see. Neither would surprise me.
I think Democrats will impeach Trump on bogus charges and they will not care. Remember it is up to congress to impeach; all the Dems will need is an excuse to do it. They already have the whole story setup pretty much; that you have all these corrupt Trump aides who have ties with Russia, the Trump tower meeting, so on.

This CNN reel is probably to remind everyone that, hey, we are going to do this if we win.
After the stumbling announcements made by Mr. James Comey pre-election in late 2016, Mr. Robert Mueller is [Ed.: hopefully,] aware of the value of 'mum's the word' until after the American public has 'spoken'. [Ed.: For all the good that does.]
I don't think it matters now if they impeach him. Democrats think that it will destroy the bond between Trump and his supporters. I don't think so. Democrats have to run on something other than trashing Republicans if they want to win, but they can't seem to be honest with voters about what they really want to do.

We're long past the days of Nixon, and I think people see that the Democrats can only live on manufactured scandals buttressed by manufactured outrage. I'm guessing that an attempt to impeach Trump will only make him invincible in 2020.
blackjack21 wrote:I don't think it matters now if they impeach him. Democrats think that it will destroy the bond between Trump and his supporters. I don't think so. Democrats have to run on something other than trashing Republicans if they want to win, but they can't seem to be honest with voters about what they really want to do.

We're long past the days of Nixon, and I think people see that the Democrats can only live on manufactured scandals buttressed by manufactured outrage. I'm guessing that an attempt to impeach Trump will only make him invincible in 2020.

I think this is a good point. Even if they had the power to impeach Trump over something dubious, it would only rile up the right that much more. It would be like this alleged Kavanaugh effect x10. They don't seem to be learning anything...
@Hong Wu,
I think it depends on how much proof they can find.
Yes, Trump's base are mostly not going to change their minds.
However, they are just 40% or less of the voters.
If enough Independents can be shown the proof, then they will not vote in 2020 for the Repuds who could not see TRUTH when it stared them in the face.
To me it is a no brainer to start the investigation in the new Democratic controlled House and see what proof can be found. Or, maybe Mueller's evidence will be proof enough. All the House would have to do then is put it on TV day after day laying it all out carefully like the Watergate hearings did to educate the mass of the people.
Hong Wu wrote:But there won't be any proof. If they win and stage some post-Mueller investigations it's going to be pretty lame. They spent years praising the guy and will have to explain that away somehow.

Manafort is said to have been spending hours in the last month talking to Mueller in near daylong sessions with his team of lawyers present. Wouldn't be surprised if they're fuckin' with him for fun now. Stone and Manafort loved this shit in the past.

Best form of defence sometimes really is attack.
colliric wrote:Manafort is said to have been spending hours in the last month talking to Mueller in near daylong sessions with his team of lawyers present. Wouldn't be surprised if they're fuckin' with him for fun now. Stone and Manafort loved this shit in the past.

Best form of defence sometimes really is attack.

Actually I was doing a reading of the specific claims against Manafort and something stood out to me. They appear to have gotten him on bank fraud but they don't seem to have gotten him on conspiracy to commit bank fraud, which means they didn't extend his bank fraud to Ukranian actors, which would mean no further extension to Russian actors, that's my guess. So Manafort's talks with Mueller are interesting but I am pretty skeptical they have to do with Russian collusion. If you consider that Mueller seems to be ready to close up shop after Manafort's guilty plea, this strongly suggests that there is nothing after Manafort.

Note that Mueller's mandate was super broad, so he doesn't have to stop and say "here's the next thing for the next person to investigate." So that shouldn't be why he's stopping.
Steve_American wrote:#CNN #News
Mueller ready to deliver key findings after midterms, report says

Yeah, probably after the beginning of next year.
However, no collusion with Trump and Russia.
The word is that Roger Stone is still being investigated.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

BBC claims 50'000 Russian soldiers died: https:/[…]

@FiveofSwords What is race? How to define it[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]