Migrant Caravan from Guatemala Approaching US, Just in Time for the Midterms! - Page 37 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I see where Trump invited Nancy and Chuck to the Whitehouse to discuss his $5,000,000,000 wall boondoggle.

Right off the bat, Ms. Pelosi referred to a “Trump shutdown,” knowing full well it would set off the president. (It did.) “I think the American people recognise that we must keep government open, that a shutdown is not worth anything,” said Pelosi, the House minority leader, as Trump nodded. “And that we should not have a Trump shutdown.”

The president leaned in. “A what? Did you say a Trump – ?” :lol: :lol:

Then she called Mr. Trump’s bluff — “O.K., then do it, then do it,” she taunted — when he suggested House Republicans could easily pass a spending bill that included wall funding.

Trump “must have said the word ‘wall’ 30 times,” commented Pelosi. As for the issue of wall funding, the Democratic leader was even more cutting: “It’s like a manhood thing with him — as if manhood can be associated with him,” she said. “This wall thing.” It’s a “cultural phenomenon,” Pelosi told her colleagues, that “the fate of our country [is] in the hands of this person.”

Pelosi is a bitch and a smart one. No question that Donald deserves her. And Mike Pence? My God ….. the man has the charisma of a broken leaf blower. He never said a word. Why don't they tell him to just stay home unless Donald drops dead or ends up in the Big House.
Suntzu wrote:We have a moral/legal obligation to grant asylum to those genuinely in fear. We have no obligation to grant asylum seekers legal residency or a path to citizenship. Folks are coming here to take advantage of America's largess.

Those people attacked the Mexican police and U.S. Border guards. That does not seem the actions of people in fear to me. These people are not refugees or asylum seekers by their own admissions. When they started out they told reporters they joined the caravan to seek better opportunities for themselves. They said nothing at that time that they were in fear. Some of them even continued to carry flags of their country.
(soundtrack)

jimjam wrote:I see where Trump invited Nancy and Chuck to the Whitehouse to discuss his $5,000,000,000 wall boondoggle.
The world is changing off camera. The Technocracy is just around the corner.

Right off the bat, Ms. Pelosi referred to a “Trump shutdown,” knowing full well it would set off the president. (It did.) Then she called Mr. Trump’s bluff — “O.K., then do it, then do it,” she taunted — when he suggested House Republicans could easily pass a spending bill that included wall funding.
Lights, camera, action!

Trump “must have said the word ‘wall’ 30 times,” commented Pelosi. As for the issue of wall funding, the Democratic leader was even more cutting:“It’s like a manhood thing with him — as if manhood can be associated with him,” she said. “This wall thing.” It’s a “cultural phenomenon,” Pelosi told her colleagues, that “the fate of our country [is] in the hands of this person.”
:eek: OHHH BURN, going to retweet that one. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haven't laughed that hard since I turned off the television!
Pelosi is a bitch and a smart one. No question that Donald deserves her. And Mike Pence? My God ….. the man has the charisma of a broken leaf blower. He never said a word. Why don't they tell him to just stay home unless Donald drops dead or ends up in the Big House.
Because body language is everything.

Hindsite wrote:Those people attacked the Mexican police and U.S. Border guards. That does not seem the actions of people in fear to me. These people are not refugees or asylum seekers by their own admissions. When they started out they told reporters they joined the caravan to seek better opportunities for themselves. They said nothing at that time that they were in fear. Some of them even continued to carry flags of their country.
You could go down there and find out for yourself. Become an investigative journalist for PoFo. Stream live updates, kiss babies on the forehead, and ask for donations so you can operate commercial interest free. NO ads just the cold hard facts. I'd even click the like button, so you can feel tingly inside. :up: How did that feel? :down: How bout that?
They are now saying if we give them $50,000 each they will go home. Both groups making demands at the embassy are angry at the US for interventions in Central America. Why do we want ‘asylum seekers’ who hate our country and only want our money?
The left would claim that is cruel and unusual punishment and it is immoral to do it.

Immoral? It is illegal.

It is not surprising at all that people today who think they are conservative simply are not smart enough to understand treaty obligations. Or they ignore them in the service of their racism and abject fear of foreigners.

The US is the most powerful nation in the history of the world and about 30% of its citizens are quaking in their boots because there might be one person per county invading their space. The cowardice of the right is striking. What a bunch of pansies.

What would you say in reply?

I am a conservative and I would tell these so-called leftists (they aren't enough leftists in America to fill a football stadium but Fox News has the dumb shits convinced that democrats are leftists.) I would tell anyone who said that locking people up in concentration camps is immoral that they are absolutely correct. It is a violation of international law. It is an insult to every patriot soldier who fought and died to stop this kind of tyranny overseas. It is an unintelligent thing to even suggest. And the only reason to do it is that some big-bad gun-toting second amendment types are frightened right down to their panties of Guatemalan peasants.

Man up Hindsite. If some Honduran comes near you, just run to me. I will protect you. Of course as a Vietnam era career soldier I am quite used to protecting wimps.
Drlee wrote:Immoral? It is illegal.

I was thinking of Nancy Pelosi claiming Trump's border wall would be immoral at the time I wrote that. You liberals don't seem concerned that what those migrants are trying to do is also illegal.

Drlee wrote:It is not surprising at all that people today who think they are conservative simply are not smart enough to understand treaty obligations. Or they ignore them in the service of their racism and abject fear of foreigners.

The US is the most powerful nation in the history of the world and about 30% of its citizens are quaking in their boots because there might be one person per county invading their space. The cowardice of the right is striking. What a bunch of pansies.

I am a conservative and I would tell these so-called leftists (they aren't enough leftists in America to fill a football stadium but Fox News has the dumb shits convinced that democrats are leftists.) I would tell anyone who said that locking people up in concentration camps is immoral that they are absolutely correct. It is a violation of international law. It is an insult to every patriot soldier who fought and died to stop this kind of tyranny overseas. It is an unintelligent thing to even suggest. And the only reason to do it is that some big-bad gun-toting second amendment types are frightened right down to their panties of Guatemalan peasants.

Man up Hindsite. If some Honduran comes near you, just run to me. I will protect you. Of course as a Vietnam era career soldier I am quite used to protecting wimps.

Don't give me this "I am a conservative" crap, when you claim that anyone that wants to defend our borders against an invasion of illegal immigrants is racists. That is complete bullshit. Do you also consider the citizens in Tijuana, Mexico as racist too for demanding that the migrants get out of their city and go home?

You seem to forget that I am also a U.S. Army retiree who served during the Vietnam War era and I am proud to be a member of the National Rifle Association with an NRA cap and membership card to prove it. I am not afraid of any Honduran or Guatemalan peasant because of their race. I simply see them as law breakers that need to be punished. If it were legal I would be willing to go to the border at my age (74) and shoot any of those bastards trying to cross illegally. But even the border agents are not allowed to do that. It is a damn shame.
Godstud wrote:Yes, @Hindsite, you must be sad that you and others can't shoot women and children. How disappointing for you.

I shot expert in the Army, but even now, I bet I could shoot good enough to hit the evil men and avoid shooting women and children. But it does pose a problem when they use women and children to hide behind. In that case, I might have to use a rifle with a scope. I would be willing to take on the challenge.
Hindsite wrote:anyone that wants to defend our borders against an invasion of illegal immigrants is racists. That is complete bullshit.

Racism explains some of it, but racism is just an expression of the deeper assholism that motivates conservative politics.

I would be willing to go to the border at my age (74) and shoot any of those bastards trying to cross illegally.

Poe's Law states:
Without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between an expression of sincere extremism and a parody of extremism.

It is an observation that it's difficult, if not impossible, to distinguish between parodies of fundamentalism or other absurd beliefs and their genuine proponents, since they both seem equally insane.

It is important to note that: linking a claim to Poe's Law is not the same as suggesting that said claim is in fact any type of parody at all. On the contrary, linking to Poe's Law just means that you could not tell if said claim was parody, or indeed sincerely held derangement — assuming the original claimant didn't decide to also supply a clear indication of intent. When one is presented with a claim that is so over-the-top as to either be a brilliant parody or reflect a genuinely outrageous extremist belief, Poe's Law has been invoked.
Sivad wrote:Racism explains some of it, but racism is just an expression of the deeper assholism that motivates conservative politics.

Are you saying that anyone promoting conservative politics is deep into racist assholism?
What exactly do you mean by that? Are you trying to use that crazy so-called law you were trying to define?
Hindsite wrote:Are you saying that anyone promoting conservative politics is deep into racist assholism?

I'm saying racism is just an outward manifestation of the deep-rooted psychopathology we call conservatism. As an ideology conservatism is just a rationalization, at its core is a fundamental moral and psychological derangement(assholism). Conservatives couldn't live with themselves if they didn't have an other to blame, fear, denigrate, despise, dominate, and abuse. Deep down conservatives know what petty, spiteful, pathetic little haters they really are so they need an other to scapegoat. That knowledge also naturally leads to self-loathing which drives the warped conservative soul to masochism, it erects predatory structures of bondage and domination which it then subjects itself to right along with everyone else.
Sivad wrote:I'm saying racism is just an outward manifestation of the deep-rooted psychopathology we call conservatism. As an ideology conservatism is just a rationalization, at its core is a fundamental moral and psychological derangement(assholism). Conservatives couldn't live with themselves if they didn't have an other to blame, fear, denigrate, despise, dominate, and abuse. Deep down conservatives know what petty, spiteful, pathetic little haters they really are so they need an other to scapegoat. That knowledge also naturally leads to self-loathing which drives the warped conservative soul to masochism, it erects predatory structures of bondage and domination which it then subjects itself to right along with everyone else.

Now you are sounding like those uppity crazy liberal Democrats that hate the so-called deplorable common people that voted for Donald Trump to make America great again. I am referring to all those progressives with the Trump derangement syndrome. But of course anyone in their right mind would know crooked Hillary Clinton would be a disaster as President. However the Hillary snowflakes have now dried their crocodile tears with the rage of revenge to blame conservatism for their feelings of sadness and anger. So in their crazy deranged minds they are unable to see their own flaws, but instead project them on conservatism as the root cause of such ideas that result in racism, bigotry, and so-called white nationalism. It seems funny to me at times, but my wife scolds me for laughing, because she sees it as serious and sad and actually seems to feel sorry for those crazy people. Praise the Lord.
Sivad wrote:I'm saying racism is just an outward manifestation of the deep-rooted psychopathology we call conservatism. As an ideology conservatism is just a rationalization, at its core is a fundamental moral and psychological derangement(assholism). Conservatives couldn't live with themselves if they didn't have an other to blame, fear, denigrate, despise, dominate, and abuse. Deep down conservatives know what petty, spiteful, pathetic little haters they really are so they need an other to scapegoat. That knowledge also naturally leads to self-loathing which drives the warped conservative soul to masochism, it erects predatory structures of bondage and domination which it then subjects itself to right along with everyone else.

Thanks for letting us know you don’t have a clue what a modern US conservative is. You write many insightful posts, so rereading this one should show you how you are placing the flaws of humanity on conservatives alone. It is obvious Conservatives see ‘liberals’ guilty of all the above as well. Personally, the average modern liberal is a much more bigoted asshole than the average conservative.
In summary, you presented a biased view as an objective analysis demonstrating the lack of objectivity in your view of conservatives.
Drlee wrote::lol:

Go through your posts and count up all your bigoted labels you have applied to others and compare them to mine and see how long you can keep laughing. Please don’t come back with the “I am a conservative” argument. No one believes it. You have some conservative views, but overall your views are liberal in the US today.

...Which Hamas refuses and wasn't ordered by the […]

@skinster so you confess that Hamas committed ma[…]

^ Wouldn't happen though, since the Israelis are n[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]