Migrant Caravan from Guatemala Approaching US, Just in Time for the Midterms! - Page 33 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
“When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Unless the other guy before you was awful to the stranger, and in that case, you can attack the stranger as much as you want”
Pants-of-dog wrote:“When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Unless the other guy before you was awful to the stranger, and in that case, you can attack the stranger as much as you want”

These migrants are not strangers sojourning with me in my land. They are in Mexico attempting to invade my land and attack and do harm to citizens of my land.
Praise the Lord.
Libertarian353 wrote:You're right I meant us, as in americans. You know, destroying people property and not taking responsibility. But you don't see that as evil, cause you're not a christian. Hell is all you're going.

I was born in Ventura, California, so that makes me a native born American. I can't speak for others, but I have never destroyed peoples property. So I see no need to take responsibility for what you did. It does not matter what you think, I still consider myself a Christian. HalleluYah
Godstud wrote:@Hindsite Using MSM to prove your point? Do you realize how stupid that is, after you just said that all MSM is fake news? :lol:

Get a new argument.

I don't recall saying that "everything" the MSM prints is Fake news., just much of it when it comes to politics.
:lol: Essentially, anything you don't like is Fake News, so you'll forgive me if I think you have no arguments, since you cannot defend them without attacking anyone else's source. Faux News is as fake, or moreso, than other MSM, and you know it. Using it makes you complicit in the very thing you claim to hate. :knife: :knife: :knife:
Godstud wrote::lol: Essentially, anything you don't like is Fake News, so you'll forgive me if I think you have no arguments, since you cannot defend them without attacking anyone else's source. Faux News is as fake, or moreso, than other MSM, and you know it. Using it makes you complicit in the very thing you claim to hate. :knife: :knife: :knife:

Fox News is the least Fake news of all of them.
Praise the Lord.
Actually, @Ter, tear gas, or CS gas, is more painful for women due to biological differences.

At least you are equal opportunity, even if you're lacking in human compassion.

@Hindsite :lol: :lol: :lol: So, no argument.
Last I checked, men don't have vaginas, @Ter, which can be affected, whereas men, can't be affected in this manner(mucous membranes are irritated by CS gas). My experience is only what I learned while in the military exposed to CS(chlorobenzylidenemalononitrile) gas, or tear gas, on a relatively regular basis. I can only assume they weren't bullshitting us during our training.

However, here's some reading to educate yourself on something that is less than harmless. It's also terrible to expose children, or anyone, to it.

Tear Gas Is Especially Harmful To Children-Here's Why
To begin with, tear gas isn’t a “gas” at all, but a powder that is heated and mixed with a liquid or solvent . It is released from canisters as an aerosol, with irritants that incapacitate you by causing pain and burning to the eyes, mucous membranes, throat, lungs, and skin.

In fact, tear gas should actually be thought of as a type of nerve agent that doesn’t just irritate cells, but activates specific pain receptors, (TRPV1, TRPA1) leading to the intense and burning pain on all affected surfaces and membranes.

In the eye, it leads to intense tear production and burning, along with exaggerated muscle cramping (blepharospasm) in the eyelid that leads to eye closure. In people with asthma, this can produce intense bronchospasm and airway closure, along with an overflow of mucous production that can lead to suffocation or the feeling of literally “drowning in your secretions”. In effect, tear gas leads to a chemical burn to the airways, skin, eyes, and all mucous membranes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertglat ... b4805c7592

This Is Exactly How Tear Gas Affects Your Body
https://www.self.com/story/how-tear-gas ... -your-body

Why tear gas is so painful — and why exposure is so hard to treat
Apart from tearing and involuntarily blinking, tear gas also causes a longer-term inflammatory response in a person's eyes and skin — and this can take a few days to subside. Initially, it's recommended that victims take cold showers, because warm water can open up a person's pores, allowing further tear gas particles to enter.

The long-term effects of tear gas on people have barely been studied and are essentially unknown.

https://www.vox.com/2014/8/18/6030413/t ... n-symptoms
@Godstud
You didn't show me anything I didn't know already.
Note that I didn't mention children at all, anywhere.

I inhaled a whiff of tear gas when I came out of a railway station in Europe and a violent strike was going on in the vicinity. I just inhaled a whiff and it was very unpleasant and the effect lasted a long time.

That said I doubt your explanation about tear gas entering vaginas. If the women wear jeans and underwear it seems implausible.
“My pain is greater than your pain” arguments are really dumb since we have never developed a method of objectively comparing pain. The only pain you know is your own.
@Ter What part of "gas" don't you understand?
A cloth over your mouth offers almost no protection from CS gas, so why do you think some clothing would?

@One Degree he use of tear gas on women and children is unnecessary. I am sorry you are not a compassionate human being who has human empathy. Some of us are.
Godstud wrote:Last I checked, men don't have vaginas, @Ter, which can be affected, whereas men, can't be affected in this manner(mucous membranes are irritated by CS gas). My experience is only what I learned while in the military exposed to CS(chlorobenzylidenemalononitrile) gas, or tear gas, on a relatively regular basis. I can only assume they weren't bullshitting us during our training.

However, here's some reading to educate yourself on something that is less than harmless. It's also terrible to expose children, or anyone, to it.

Tear Gas Is Especially Harmful To Children-Here's Why
To begin with, tear gas isn’t a “gas” at all, but a powder that is heated and mixed with a liquid or solvent . It is released from canisters as an aerosol, with irritants that incapacitate you by causing pain and burning to the eyes, mucous membranes, throat, lungs, and skin.

In fact, tear gas should actually be thought of as a type of nerve agent that doesn’t just irritate cells, but activates specific pain receptors, (TRPV1, TRPA1) leading to the intense and burning pain on all affected surfaces and membranes.

In the eye, it leads to intense tear production and burning, along with exaggerated muscle cramping (blepharospasm) in the eyelid that leads to eye closure. In people with asthma, this can produce intense bronchospasm and airway closure, along with an overflow of mucous production that can lead to suffocation or the feeling of literally “drowning in your secretions”. In effect, tear gas leads to a chemical burn to the airways, skin, eyes, and all mucous membranes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertglat ... b4805c7592

This Is Exactly How Tear Gas Affects Your Body
https://www.self.com/story/how-tear-gas ... -your-body

Why tear gas is so painful — and why exposure is so hard to treat
Apart from tearing and involuntarily blinking, tear gas also causes a longer-term inflammatory response in a person's eyes and skin — and this can take a few days to subside. Initially, it's recommended that victims take cold showers, because warm water can open up a person's pores, allowing further tear gas particles to enter.

The long-term effects of tear gas on people have barely been studied and are essentially unknown.

https://www.vox.com/2014/8/18/6030413/t ... n-symptoms

What a load of crap. In the Army you go to the gas chamber once a year, very concentrated CS. A few minutes in a breeze and you are fine.
Last I checked, men don't have vaginas, @Ter,

You have obviously never been to the Fox News web site, but then I digress. ;)

Actually I think the use of tear gas is fairly moderate. It is incorrect to point to the women and children who are storming the border along with men and conclude that they did not deliberately put themselves there. I seriously doubt that they are being compelled to leave the refugee areas where they are staying, guarded by the Mexican Federal Police and forced to storm the border.

I like to think that I am a compassionate person but if we allow these people to enter without due process we will create the potential for a humanitarian disaster as massive numbers of people leave Central America and try to come here. I support the use of tear gas to prevent storming of the border and the assault of our border agents. Further, those who are caught storming the border should be taken before an immigration judge and instantly formally deported. This way it would be a felony for them to try to reenter.

So far, lots of good comments and anecdotes - but […]

I bet you'd love to watch footage of her being ra[…]

I don't really think there is a fundamental diffe[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is because the definition of "anti-semi[…]