Can Trump end the "Anchor Baby" policy with an executive order? - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Geez, I don't really know what to say, Godstud.

I want to discuss this with some nuance and depth.

If someone is completely polite, reasonable, kind, tolerant, and professional on the job, yet harbors a deeply unpopular opinion, yet it is an opinion that isn't even unheard of and even was once quite popular, should they lose their job?

Should they lose their job if they are completely quiet and never mention it anywhere?

Should they lose their job if htey just quietly disagree with orthodoxy on it when they are asked?

Ultimately, I think that civil discourse is a great thing, which is why I began participating in forums, and I would never want to take away someone's right to speak and say the things that they want and feel secure in it, even if that means I would have to hear somoene give the polar opposite opinion fo what I have. This sort of viewpoint is generally considered foundational partly because we all have free will, free conscience, and an obligation to be true to orusevles, and the truth has nothing to fear of lies, so we do not have to actively repress people who disagree with us or believe something different.

I am not even really sure how to find myself in a position of such repression towards the opposite opinion.

Enlighten me, or clarify yourself.
The threat of losing your job if you do or say something really offensive, has always been there. Granted, it's easier to do now with social media. That's just why you have to be more cautious where you "grandstand".

What was once acceptable, is often not acceptable now. That's just how things change. Civil discourse is a lovely thing, but at what point do hate, intolerance, and ignorance corrupt the discourse to the point where it's no longer civil? When such rhetoric is the norm, why is it bad for people, like myself, to identify it and condemn it?
Those calling people racists on here are often those who have no other argument. It is the fallback of those who refuse to admit they are wrong about anything.
The others are just victims of brainwashing and see racism everywhere they look. They don’t realize they are responding to the exact ‘groupthink’ that allowed things like the holocaust to happen. They enjoy calling others racist because that makes them a member of the ‘in crowd’. They don’t realize they are victims of the same type of thinking. They are superior, exactly like racist.
Recognizing racist remarks from people like you and @Hindsite is not an argument of any kind. It's an observation. You have yet to address any argument that has been presented to you, with anything other than deflections and evasions, @One Degree.
Godstud wrote:Recognizing racist remarks from people like you and @Hindsite is not an argument of any kind. It's an observation. You have yet to address any argument that has been presented to you, with anything other than deflections and evasions, @One Degree.

Since you simply ignore all arguments without rebuttal and simply type racist repeatedly your observations are meaningless. Try actually refuting an argument with reason and someone might take you seriously.
Godstud wrote::lol: You don't make arguments. You tell us your opinion or rely on some fantasy racist/Nazi ideology.

There you go again. How often do you have to replace the ‘r’, ‘a’, ‘c’. ‘i’ ‘s’, and ‘t’ on your computer? Try typing a response without it. Come on. You can do it if you try. Your brain doesn’t have to be trapped in a recording. Break free.
Break free of your broken record of bullshit. Your brainless ideology will never come to pass because it's Nazism in a nutshell. It's not fault you spout racist rhetoric on a constant basis and as such are known as a racist on these forums.

That aside, you don't have any argument to counter what I previously posted, so have at it. 7,000 immigrants are not a threat to the "white" culture of the USA. :roll:
Godstud wrote:Break free of your broken record of bullshit. Your brainless ideology will never come to pass because it's Nazism in a nutshell. It's not fault you spout racist rhetoric on a constant basis and as such are known as a racist on these forums.

That aside, you don't have any argument to counter what I previously posted, so have at it. 7,000 immigrants are not a threat to the "white" culture of the USA. :roll:

Are 30 million? Your post is nonsense, not an argument for anything.
30 million people who have integrated so well into American culture that people cannot differentiate them from others is not a threat to your "white culture". That much is evident.

Illegals are working there because of both political parties, and because your government policies have made USA attractive to illegals. Enforce the laws already on your books, and your illegal problem would go away.

That said, it's not "diluting" anything. It's just your fear and loathing of brown people(Latinos) that is quite evident. Aside from their skin colour, their culture is very complementary to American culture.
I am just curious, aren't these types of posts that @Godstud does considered a Rule 2 violation? He is literally just accusing people of being broken records, having 'bullsh*it' ideologies, etc., and calling them racists repetitiously and at a high volume.

I do not think that this would stand in most areas because it would be viewed as personal attacks as there is little other content.

The words are written down, and this could clearly be interpreted as a violation, yet nothing is ever done. It really seems like this sets a very negative tone for discussions and the whole thread. It also provokes similarly empty responses from his opponents of just calling things "nonsense" and nothing progressing.

Is this really PoFo?
But at what point is accusing someone repetitiously not just aggravating them and violating Rule 2? In an abstract sense, this is the ultimate Rule 2 violation.

Especially when it comes at such a high volume and there is no change. It seems like the two threads I am most involved with now are literally just snide remarks about "dats racist" from two people mixed in with lengthy commentary from others.

Surely, something should be done about this or the reason to actually post here vanishes.
Verv wrote:But at what point is accusing someone repetitiously not just aggravating them and violating Rule 2? In an abstract sense, this is the ultimate Rule 2 violation.

Especially when it comes at such a high volume and there is no change. It seems like the two threads I am most involved with now are literally just snide remarks about "dats racist" from two people mixed in with lengthy commentary from others.

Surely, something should be done about this or the reason to actually post here vanishes.

Yes, I am disappointed at how little some of the better posters post. I am starting to think it is because they have learned not to bother responding to many. I am trying to do the same thing, but not many others are posting. It then becomes boring.
Very true, @One Degree .

Let's also look at the exact phrasing of Rule #2:

2. Remain courteous and respectful to other users of the forums at all times. Do not make personally directed attacks on any other user (for example, it is acceptable to accuse someone of making a "moronic proposition" but it is not acceptable to accuse someone of being a "moron").

While the second sentence clarifies that it is acceptable to call bad ideas bad, and call bad ideologies (to you) bad, and to attack ideologies in public and obvious and explicit language...

The very first sentence says it all:

2. Remain courteous and respectful to other users of the forums at all times.

Godstud has been violating this for pages & pages in this thread and something ought to be done about it.

And if nothing will be done about it, an "ignore user" feature needs to be added so people who do nto want to deal with 30-40 posts in a thread of 80 posts that are thinly veiled personal attacks and snipes at other posters if they don't want to.
The moderation staff seems to appreciate it when people report possible rules violations. If you think Godstud is committing rule two violations, report him.

On topic, Trump timed this announcement specifically so that this would be a major issue going into the midterms. He has since said nothing about it. From this, we can assume that this is not about a real issue but instead is about manipulating the Republican voter base.

Obviously, Trump feels that immigration and citizenship are important topics to the Republican base.
Godstud wrote:30 million people who have integrated so well into American culture that people cannot differentiate them from others is not a threat to your "white culture". That much is evident.

Illegals are working there because of both political parties, and because your government policies have made USA attractive to illegals. Enforce the laws already on your books, and your illegal problem would go away.

That said, it's not "diluting" anything. It's just your fear and loathing of brown people(Latinos) that is quite evident. Aside from their skin colour, their culture is very complementary to American culture.

Many of those people that have been here for years still can't speak English. I run into them even here in Georgia. There must be many like that in those border states. They always have to get someone to translate for them. That is not what I call integrated into American culture.
Hindsite wrote:Many of those people that have been here for years still can't speak English. I run into them even here in Georgia. There must be many like that in those border states. They always have to get someone to translate for them. That is not what I call integrated into American culture.

Some are born here and cannot speak it either:

Dozens arrested at Yale and NYU as pro-Palestinia[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 23, Tuesday New tax puts up the cost of be[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I haven't bothered to watch all of this video. The[…]

At first, I thought @FiveofSwords was a legit wh[…]