Can Trump end the "Anchor Baby" policy with an executive order? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Hindsite, like most fundamentalist Christians, has an odd view of poor and oppressed immigrants. He excludes them from:

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,

He does not believe that part of the Bible.

What God said about that is:

Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not take Me in....

The ball is in his court.
Drlee wrote:Hindsite, like most fundamentalist Christians, has an odd view of poor and oppressed immigrants. He excludes them from:

Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not take Me in....

I am not religious but even I know Jesus judged individuals and had no interest in their group status. You are claiming we should judge a large group of people based upon your theory of why they are immigrants.
Stormsmith wrote:How is allowing legal entrance of immigrants Dr lee's judgement? Any judgement here is an interpretation of these individuals and the law by the agents of the state.

Dr Lee’s judgement is the same as the DNC who is responsible for the laws creating the problems. Obama is responsible for ‘catch and release’ which prevents proper border control. It allows people into our country without going through the process of being admitted. It’s absurd.
Dr Lee’s judgement is the same as the DNC who is responsible for the laws creating the problems. Obama is responsible for ‘catch and release’ which prevents proper border control. It allows people into our country without going through the process of being admitted. It’s absurd.

Of course One Degree strikes again with his usual uninformed idiocy. Catch and release did not start under Obama. Not even close. In fact, Bush II took steps to limit it while Obama was just a first term Senator.

Do try to get your head out of your ass.
Drlee wrote:Of course One Degree strikes again with his usual uninformed idiocy. Catch and release did not start under Obama. Not even close. In fact, Bush II took steps to limit it while Obama was just a first term Senator.

Do try to get your head out of your ass.

Word games. Republicans overturned it. Obama reinstated it. I am discussing current reality, not past history.
In response to the topic question, President of the United States of America Donald Trump can issue an executive order changing the current reading of the law. Such a move will be challenged. There are sufficient vested interests to insure the battle will go to the Supreme Court, which will, in all probability, rule as narrowly as possible.

Translation: wait and see.
This ⬆️ is one reason it made no sense for Democrats to be so obsessed with Kavanaugh. They questioned him intensely on ‘stare decisis’ and should have been thrilled with his answer. That makes him a possible opponent to some Trump policies.
Drlee wrote:Hindsite, like most fundamentalist Christians, has an odd view of poor and oppressed immigrants. He excludes them from:

I don't recall Jesus telling anyone to not obey the law.
Praise the Lord.
Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Like I said. You need to read the whole Bible and find the important parts.

Now if you really were a Christian you would vote your beliefs. And since Jesus commanded you to care for the poor and immigrants, you would oppose Trump's entire unchristian treatment of the poor, the sick, homeless and immigrants. But fundamentalists are very poor Christians. Loud but completely self-centered and opposed to God's commandments when inconvenient.
I have no problem with my views on immigration being considered ‘unchristian’. One person in need is welcome to what I have. 100 are a danger to my family’s well being and will be driven off at gunpoint.
Every single republican I know is an absolute hypocrite on this issue. Not a single one of them is calling for workplace enforcement which will solve the problem overnight. We may have to accept some homeless people until immigration can police them up but cut off the jobs and prohibit remittances and the problem goes away.

Republican rank and file are to stupid to see this. The leadership does not care about immigration except to use to make stupid people toe the line.
Drlee wrote:Every single republican I know is an absolute hypocrite on this issue. Not a single one of them is calling for workplace enforcement which will solve the problem overnight. We may have to accept some homeless people until immigration can police them up but cut off the jobs and prohibit remittances and the problem goes away.

Republican rank and file are to stupid to see this. The leadership does not care about immigration except to use to make stupid people toe the line.

This is true. We could solve this problem practically over night by implementing mandatory e-verify and putting those who hire illegals in prison. Another SCOTUS decision to end birthright citizenship would also help in the long term.
I've heard reports that the number of undocumented immigrants is as high as 30,000,000 or 9 to 10% of you total population. These would be children and their working parents. Because you cant easily keep stats on these people its hard to say with certainty how many are kids v workers, nor who's full time v seasonal, or part time. Nor can you say who's eligible for UI. We know the unemployment rate is 3.7%. What you need to figure out is if all undocumented immigrants were sent packing by say next Easter, could you find enough reliable American workers, not alcholics, not addicts, not wounded vets, not ill nor disabled etc. to fill the vacancies including agricultural jobs, and what the impact on business would be like.

I can't help you. Apparently the White House files are no longer accessible
Drlee wrote:Every single republican I know is an absolute hypocrite on this issue. Not a single one of them is calling for workplace enforcement which will solve the problem overnight. We may have to accept some homeless people until immigration can police them up but cut off the jobs and prohibit remittances and the problem goes away.

What a strange thing to say when I am not aware of anyone disagreeing with you on this issue. It is simply not what we are being offered, so we are discussing what is being offered. Your inventing a position for Republicans to villify all Republicans is standard Democrat propaganda. Instead of arguing issues you label. “All Republicans are racists, bigots, homophobes, etc.” Now we all disagree with your position even though no one has.
I would go fartger than Drlee and say that not only does the Republican party not care about employment verification, but also does not care about the actual causes of migration.

This makes sense considering they, and other wealthy US citizens, ultimately profit from both the causes and the migrants themselves.

https://images.nationalgeographic.or[…]

@FiveofSwords Apropos the potato ... Why do […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Is Israel a “settler colonial” state? That ch[…]

Maybe the problem is that you're still gay, Agent […]