Hate, Anger and Lies - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
I was glad to see that recently what to myself was a really big issue in American politics is, at least, being discussed. America has not exactly been noted for it's culture of peace and love but, with the advent of Trump, an atmosphere of anger and hate and lies has been ratcheted to the highest level I have witnessed in my 74 years on this strange planet. Not a day goes by when we are not treated to Trump's daily rant of lies and who shall we hate today. He specializes in holding "rallies" that are nothing more than hate fests where he prides himself on his ability to work his 38% into a screaming rabid mob all wearing silly little red hats. He, of course, has plausible deniability and is adept at passing the buck and blaming his "enemies" for anything that goes wrong. In recent days his Saudi BFF dismembered an opponent, one of his mad dog fans mailed out 13 pipe bombs to various of Donald's enemies and a psychopath murdered 11 Jewish citizens in their place of worship. What was Donald's take on the situation after blandly reading off a few written for him perfunctory "presidential" comments? He was annoyed that these foreign and domestic acts of hate and terror had interrupted his pre election con job.

Well, here we are kids. America the land of hate, fear, anger,lies and every man for himself. A land where the deck is increasingly stacked in favor of the rich and against the poor. The land where truth has been replaced by lies. A land where God's gift of a beautiful and abundant environment is not something to be cherished and protected but something to be plundered for profit. You have a pre existing condition? Sorry, drop dead. Are we great again yet?
It is difficult to even respond to such total acceptance of propaganda with zero basis. It is a repeated mantra to blame Trump for what Democrats deliberately organized for votes. Who is the party that insists you vote by race and sex? It sure as hell is not Trump. Democrats friggin’ brag about being the party of minorities and women against deplorable white men. You are brainwashed beyond help if you accept this deliberate transference.
I keep thinking that the founding fathers of the US would be very livid and disappointed in us. Ben Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, Thomas Paine, George Washington and the many other hard-working men who fought and argued for truth and justice...were all their efforts for nothing? Centuries later, the US is looking like such a empty and corrupt nation where people are tossed about and treated worse than animals and slaves.

As the daughter of immigrants, I am so disappointed about what this society has become, what the government has become. It's like watching a freak show - train wreck! There is a bit of fear as well, fear that someday I will flee and myself become an immigrant. Who knows, maybe I will immigrate to Canada or fly to the moon? All the hate has gotten my family scared and we aren't likely to make travel plans for quite some time. America is a very hated country right now, thanks to Trump butterball (or butterbarrel).

How do we know that tomorrow, our country won't be nuked or bombed on a Sunday morning? I'm sure lots of countries are very mad at us now and the terrorists aren't done hating.
By jimjam
One Degree wrote: deliberate transference

What kind of hot air ("fake news" :lol: ) is this. I simply listen to trump's words and watch his actions. I don't need no stinkin "mantra". He spews hate and utilizes two of the oldest strategies in the book: divide and conquer and fear mongering. I draw my conclusions directly from the source: Donald. My opinion has nothing at all to do with Democrats, Liberals or Martians for that matter. I am neither naïve nor stupid. I know what hatred looks and sounds like and it sounds like the sewer that passes for Donald's mouth.

Hey one Degree …… let's try to do something that is unheard of in today's America …. agree to disagree :eek: .
jimjam wrote:What kind of hot air ("fake news" :lol: ) is this. I simply listen to trump's words and watch his actions. I don't need no stinkin "mantra". He spews hate and utilizes two of the oldest strategies in the book: divide and conquer and fear mongering. I draw my conclusions directly from the source: Donald. My opinion has nothing at all to do with Democrats, Liberals or Martians for that matter. I am neither naïve nor stupid. I know what hatred looks and sounds like and it sounds like the sewer that passes for Donald's mouth.

Hey one Degree …… let's try to do something that is unheard of in today's America …. agree to disagree :eek: .

@jimjam
Nothing personal, but this is ‘transference propaganda’ perpetuated by the Democrats. It is everywhere and never includes any evidence that he has done any such thing. Republicans prosper by winning the minority vote away from Democrats. Why would they deliberately do the opposite? Who benefits from the fear campaign? Democrats do for the minority vote. This is propaganda 101.
By Torus34
I view American politics from a vantage point located somewhere outside the red/blue Rep/Dem lib/con camps.* That, in itself, is neither good nor bad. It simply is. It gives rise to thoughts. Here are a few.

The meanness of spirit evidenced in the current political discourse is the fault of many. When President of the United States of America spoke to the first rally following the synagog shooting, he asked the crowd if he should turn his rhetoric down. There was a loud response of shouted, 'No'.

Though I've not researched this, my 'take', based upon a life spanning 9 decades, is that more and more political ads are negative rather than positive each election cycle. The days of the issuances of 'white papers' appear to have ended. Specific stated promises are often risible and based in magical thinking.

We have forgotten that a person's strength of character is not measured by how much he or she can dish out, but rather in how much he or she can withstand.

The vilification of 'the other', of 'them', has long been a useful tool in war. Young, impressionable soldiers will kill more readily if the form in the sights is somehow less human than themselves. It's easier to bomb an 'installation' than a neighborhood. That mental sleight of hand has become a tool of present day politicians.

I do not see at this time, absent the emergence of a truly remarkable political personality, how we, the people, can scale the mental walls of our political prejudices.

* Torus does, however, follow politics. That, of course, makes him a camp follower, with all meanings intended.
By jimjam
Here you can see Donald's direct appeal to morons which is characterized by his propaganda machine as "fake news" by CNN the enemy of the people. Nothing fake here kids. He is inciting morons to violence …. pure and simple.

[youtube]Hd6eRRjthxY[/youtube]
By Torus34
A wag has noted that once we set aside what President of the United States of America Donald Trump says and what he tweets, it's not at all easy for his opponents to make a viable case that he lies.

In truth, I've not looked for a study to confirm this.
CNN ratings are in the toilet. It is not only Trump supporters who have decided they have zero credibility. Quoting CNN should be a concern you are brainwashed.
Cable 'news' is barely news of any sort. It's 23.5 out of 24 hours opining 2 or 3 issues.
Stormsmith wrote:Cable 'news' is barely news of any sort. It's 23.5 out of 24 hours opining 2 or 3 issues.

Exactly. I only follow printed news, but all the sources just print the same thing day after day. I often wonder if they forgot to update. The stories just sit there forever. They each have a few pet ones that never seem to be taken down.
By Rich
MistyTiger wrote:I keep thinking that the founding fathers of the US would be very livid and disappointed in us. Ben Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, Thomas Paine, George Washington and the many other hard-working men who fought and argued for truth and justice...were all their efforts for nothing? Centuries later, the US is looking like such a empty and corrupt nation where people are tossed about and treated worse than animals and slaves.

:lol: Oh dear what a pathetic fantasy world the left lives in. What percentage of America's citizens today have lives worse than the Black slaves of Washington's times. Actually never mind the chattel slaves what percentage have a worse life than the indentured white inhabitants. Or even compared to most of the free population. Paying back a student lone doesn't really stack up against the vicissitudes of late eighteenth century colonial America.

Washington Jefferson and Madison were slave owners. But even the founders that didn't own slaves were totally committed to maintaining slavery, they enforced the fugitive slave clause, guaranteed the transatlantic slave trade for a generation and were totally committed to the ethnic cleansing and genocide of native American lands that lay beyond the proclamation land.

The left have invented a pathetic fantasy world. No it was the British that fought to free the slaves and protect the native American way of life not the founders.
By jimjam
Here it is folks. jimjam's election prediction: once the votes have been counted the country will be divided pretty much in half and both halves will hate the other and everybody will be angry. I guess this is what it looks like when America is great again.

I say, let's bring the Confederacy back ……….. let em have their own culture and lots of guns. It may work better that way. They can even surround themselves with lots of walls to keep out anybody who looks different or thinks different.
Rich wrote::lol: Oh dear what a pathetic fantasy world the left lives in. What percentage of America's citizens today have lives worse than the Black slaves of Washington's times. Actually never mind the chattel slaves what percentage have a worse life than the indentured white inhabitants. Or even compared to most of the free population. Paying back a student lone doesn't really stack up against the vicissitudes of late eighteenth century colonial America.

Washington Jefferson and Madison were slave owners. But even the founders that didn't own slaves were totally committed to maintaining slavery, they enforced the fugitive slave clause, guaranteed the transatlantic slave trade for a generation and were totally committed to the ethnic cleansing and genocide of native American lands that lay beyond the proclamation land.

The left have invented a pathetic fantasy world. No it was the British that fought to free the slaves and protect the native American way of life not the founders.

The founders wanted a country run by leaders who cared about the people, a government for the people and of the people. But our current government seems to be catering to the rich, the powerful and giving the finger to the majority. Why should rich people care about the poor and working class folks? Why not make big business richer? Who gives a shit about those on welfare? Trump and Republicans could care less about social security and affordable insurance.

Rich must be rich as Midas then. If you're not, then you look like a damn fool for drooling after rich guys who are unlikely to gift you with big money.
By jimjam
:lol: :lol: :lol: In tense exchanges on live television, Mr. Trump denounced a network correspondent as “very rude,” :lol: :lol: :lol:

This ^ is Donald yesterday. Is he actually getting fatter and more repulsive looking or am I hopelessly prejudice? At least he's wearing a cool American flag pin. I guess somehow that makes everything OK.
Last edited by jimjam on 08 Nov 2018 02:22, edited 1 time in total.
⬆️ Jim Acosta is banned from the White House now. Let’s see what that does for his career. :)

If Ami Ayalon was PM instead of Netanyahu, the top[…]

Oh joining the EU is easy ! Just ask Turkey ! :l[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

They should. That's the role of a tool. Europe […]

Quibbling about terminology is the exact method u[…]