So, the 2018 election is over. Your thoughts of what it means. - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
XogGyux wrote:OK. It seems racist people have a hard time understanding why pointing out racism is not the same thing as being racist but lets give this another shot. I am gonna use objects instead of people this time to see if eliminating the race out of the scenario makes you be less bias. Hopefully mentioning Coke and Pepsi won’t get me in trouble with Mods thinking that I am advertising here :lol: .
I like Sodas. I don’t have a preference for Pepsi or Coke, I like both equally and when I go to the supermarket I simply buy the one that is the cheapest at the time which on average ends up being about 50/50 roughly.
So if you go to my house 100 times, on average you should expect about 50 times I offer you coke and about 50 times I offer you Pepsi.
Now... supposed I go to my friend’s house and every single time I go, he offers me coke. Every single time.
10 years ago he told me once that he really did not like pepsi. Now for the last 9 years he insists that he really likes them both equally... but every single time I go to his house, it is coke that he offers me.
Do you see the analogy here? Me pointing out that he likes coke more than Pepsi has absolutely no say in what my preference, if any, is.
See the analogy here? This country, and in particular the south of this country has a very well documented and tainted history of being racist. And the every evidence still points towards rampant racism. Pointing it out does not make everyone else a racist, it makes us objective.

Historical distortion as political propaganda. The whole friggin’ world was racist. Both Southerners and Northerners had racists and non racists. What kind of idiots think the Mason Dixon line determines the thoughts of everyone on one side or the other. Ridiculous reasoning and historical ignorance.
Quakers were leaders in abolition. They were predominantly Southerners.
People of different races being equal was a new idea. It was not something long established that Southerners refused to go along with because of their ‘hatred’.
Quit judging Southerners based upon what you believe today. It gives you a total distortion of the reality.
Pants-of-dog wrote:It is boring when conservatives try to shut down debate by using the word “racist”.

If that was meant as a brilliant rebuttal to my post, it failed miserably. I don’t even know what it was suppose to convey, do you? Sounded like more, “I have no argument, so post lame insult.”
Pants-of-dog wrote:At this point, all you are doing is complaining that others are calling you racist. You are not even making an argument about the topic.

Boring.

Go up 3 posts and find my arguments. They were right in front of you when you made your lame post.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Still boring.

No one cares if you are bored btw.

So why you bother to insist upon that term as if it would compel us to give a fuck is quite amazing.

Likewise, that you seem so obsessed with sticking around and engaging when you are supposedly "bored" is very interesting. It almost as if you find this whole thing, quite entertaining. :lol:
Victoribus Spolia wrote:No one cares if you are bored btw.

So why you bother to insist upon that term as if it would compel us to give a fuck is quite amazing.

Likewise, that you seem so obsessed with sticking around and engaging when you are supposedly "bored" is very interesting. It almost as if you find this whole thing, quite entertaining. :lol:

And now you are following me around and nipoing at my heels for attention.

This is cute, in a weird way.
One Degree wrote:Historical distortion as political propaganda. The whole friggin’ world was racist. Both Southerners and Northerners had racists and non-racists. What kind of idiots think the Mason Dixon line determines the thoughts of everyone on one side or the other. Ridiculous reasoning and historical ignorance.
Quakers were leaders in abolition. They were predominantly Southerners.
People of different races being equal was a new idea. It was not something long established that Southerners refused to go along with because of their ‘hatred’.
Quit judging Southerners based upon what you believe today. It gives you a total distortion of the reality.

Wow. I don't know how to even begin. At this point, I really have nothing to say. I mean, you are willing to straight up completely ignore decades of documented racism, and have the balls to defend the indefensible. This is not any different from Holocaust deniers. You could in fact, not be an actual racist deep down and still, you are behaving like one without a doubt. If you are... well you suck. If you are not, stop feeling guilty for the atrocities of your ancestors for one as you are not to blame for what they did. It is not too late to behave admirably.
Meh, I have the chills now. :(
XogGyux wrote:Wow. I don't know how to even begin. At this point, I really have nothing to say. I mean, you are willing to straight up completely ignore decades of documented racism, and have the balls to defend the indefensible. This is not any different from Holocaust deniers. You could in fact, not be an actual racist deep down and still, you are behaving like one without a doubt. If you are... well you suck. If you are not, stop feeling guilty for the atrocities of your ancestors for one as you are not to blame for what they did. It is not too late to behave admirably.
Meh, I have the chills now. :(

That happens when people have accepted a scenario so long that makes no sense are confronted with simple logic and facts. I didn’t ignore anything. I said your characterizations are nonsense and told you why. I see you made no attempt to refute my arguments.
Instead of confronting the obvious illogic in your comments, you blindly ignore what I pointed out so your faith in the propaganda you swallowed is not damaged. You would rather believe in your myths than face the fact you were fooled into believing something that makes no sense.
One Degree wrote:That happens when people have accepted a scenario so long that makes no sense are confronted with simple logic and facts. I didn’t ignore anything. I said your characterizations are nonsense and told you why. I see you made no attempt to refute my arguments.
Instead of confronting the obvious illogic in your comments, you blindly ignore what I pointed out so your faith in the propaganda you swallowed is not damaged. You would rather believe in your myths than face the fact you were fooled into believing something that makes no sense.

You should have at least bother cheating on American history. At least you would a tiny bit of lingering knowledge about what happened. I cannot help you with that, I am sorry the American Education System failed you and I promise I will do my best to avoid that your sad story do not repeat itself. You have my sincere pledge.
XogGyux wrote:You should have at least bother cheating on American history. At least you would a tiny bit of lingering knowledge about what happened. I cannot help you with that, I am sorry the American Education System failed you and I promise I will do my best to avoid that your sad story do not repeat itself. You have my sincere pledge.

Still no argument? What is so wrong with admitting what you believed makes no sense? You certainly are not alone in believing obvious nonsense. Virtually everyone repeat the same nonsense you did today because you were the victims of propaganda.
You claimed like so many others that all Southerners and all their descendants are filled with hate for Black people based solely on where they lived or live today. It does not take much reflection to see how ridiculous this is, yet it is commonly accepted.
Add in only 5% of Southerners had slaves and they viewed them as property. You don’t have feelings toward property. Even if they saw them as people, they lived in a world where racial superiority was the accepted norm. A few people came along and said, “maybe we are not superior and we are all equal.”. A new concept. Did you expect everyone to just say “okay, let’s change what we have always believed.”?
Imagine 5% of Southerners thought Ford was the best car. Would you expect the other 95% and all their descendants to agree and hate all other models?
The entire ‘white guilt’ nonsense is based upon an imaginary history. They were just people with different beliefs. There were very few who believed based upon ‘hate’.
One Degree wrote:Still no argument? What is so wrong with admitting what you believed makes no sense? You certainly are not alone in believing obvious nonsense. Virtually everyone repeat the same nonsense you did today because you were the victims of propaganda.
You claimed like so many others that all Southerners and all their descendants are filled with hate for Black people based solely on where they lived or live today. It does not take much reflection to see how ridiculous this is, yet it is commonly accepted.
Add in only 5% of Southerners had slaves and they viewed them as property. You don’t have feelings toward property. Even if they saw them as people, they lived in a world where racial superiority was the accepted norm. A few people came along and said, “maybe we are not superior and we are all equal.”. A new concept. Did you expect everyone to just say “okay, let’s change what we have always believed.”?
Imagine 5% of Southerners thought Ford was the best car. Would you expect the other 95% and all their descendants to agree and hate all other models?
The entire ‘white guilt’ nonsense is based upon an imaginary history. They were just people with different beliefs. There were very few who believed based upon ‘hate’.

LOL I don't know where to even begin. That post is so filled with ignorance that it is spilling all over the place :lol: . I was prepared to just reply by simply "blah, blah you got no point, move on im tired" but it is way too funny to pass out just yet.
Lets begin:
You claimed like so many others that all Southerners

No, I did not. And I don't know why you bolded the word "all" which is clearly the wrong word. I made no such claim and I dare you to find the post where I said ALL. That is clearly false and not a position I hold nor suggested, nor defended. This is strawmaning to its best. You are getting very good at it, you will win the strawmaning championship one day.
It does not take much reflection to see how ridiculous this is, yet it is commonly accepted.

Yes I agree with you, I don't know why you brought a point that nobody suggested nor defended. "ALL" (and im quoting you) southerners are not racist, but a great deal of you are.
Add in only 5% of Southerners had slaves and they viewed them as property.

Oh that solves the problem then... Only 5% of them were rich enough to own people, slave. That's no problem, if just only 5% of people are owning slaves I don;t know why these liberal assholes are making such a big fuss about it. Maybe we should try to bring it back, come on, only 5%, the rest will hardly notice.
:eh:

That's better. "You see? they were not racist because they thought so little about those people that really... they were like furniture... you don't call someone that owns furniture a racist do you?"
I don't know how you can utter words like those and then walk away pretending you are not a racist lol.
Like I told you earlier, if you don't want to be called one, stop acting like one and defending the undefensible.

A new concept... YES?
[/quote]
Actually, you are the one behaving guilty and I already told you you don't have to defend or apologize for what the people that came before you did. Even if they were your ancestors or relatives that you might have known. You are only guilty for what you yourself do and no for what others do.
I am perfectly happy with my morals and I COMPLETELY understand that I am not guilty of anything my ancestors or even my own family might have done. The same way my children and grandchildren will not be guilty of what I do.
@XogGyux said...
This country, and in particular the south of this country has a very well documented and tainted history of being racist. And the every evidence still points towards rampant racism. Pointing it out does not make everyone else a racist, it makes us objective.

I stand corrected, you made the whole country racist and only made the South exceptionally so. You say it is still rampant today. What was I to take from ‘rampant’? True, you did not say ‘all’ but you did not leave much room for exceptions.
I give up on you. I thought you might be a thinker, but just another puppet who ignores all arguments he doesn’t want to face and repeats the party propaganda.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]