So, the 2018 election is over. Your thoughts of what it means. - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Hindsite wrote:I don't see why our President should have to stand out in the rain to honor anyone.

Oh, come on now. He certainly should have to stand in the rain to honor himself :lol: .

I actually enjoy your posts H.S. ….. really. I don't doubt that if your man Donald urinated on the tomb of the Unknown Soldier you would applaud his action as "bold leadership" :eek:
jimjam wrote:After taking a beating in the election Donald ran to Europe where he is being less than impressive.

“Donald Trump complained about having to stand in the rain, to speak about the massacre in Pittsburgh, because it messed his hair up (more),” said VoteVets in a tweet, referring to Trump’s remarks after a mass shooting two weeks ago in which 11 people were killed. “Today, he will skip honoring fallen American heroes of WWI, and stay in his hotel room, because of some rain.”

In Britain, the Conservative MP Nicholas Soames, the grandson of the prime minister and first world war veteran Winston Churchill, criticized Trump on Twitter as “not fit to represent this great country”.

“They died with their face to the foe and that pathetic inadequate [Trump] couldn’t even defy the weather to pay his respects to The Fallen,” he wrote. “Such a terrible insult to the American Fallen who died far from their homes and country, and he couldn’t be bothered.”

Maybe he believes that America was on the wrong side in WWI? :excited:

I mean, his family name is really 'Drumpf' after all...

But seriously, I would be willing to bet there were some serious matters going on that demanded his immediate attention and a schedule change, but given the nature of national security and the animosity of the Liberal press, I doubt we'll ever know the real reasons.
I wouldn't go.... And so wouldn't most of you either.

1) I'd be suffering from Jet lag.
2) US Presidents never did any of this shit until historically quite recently(the Jet Age really).
3) The Chopper just couldn't go and a motorcade just couldn't be organised. why is that such a big issue?
One Degree wrote:Petty nonsense. Glad to see the Dems still are not learning this backfires. :)

I do not think this is the "Dems". Looks more like the entire non dictatorial world.

Unsurprisingly Donald's America is becoming increasingly isolated in the world as is becomes clear that Donald does not, in the words of my grammar school report card, work and play well with others. As Donald demonstrates a skill at unilaterally trashing one international agreement after another, we find our nation increasingly being shunned by nations where freedom predominates and increasingly aligning itself with dictatorships or, at best, pretend democracies. America increasingly now represents money, power and war mongering to the detriment of freedom, peace and the forces of good will.

To his credit Donald is able to sense when he is not welcome. He is the only world leader of 72 who would rather go home than attend a conference on world peace being held in France today. Peace? No way man :lol: . But we will sell you billions of dollars in war material just as we did with Saudi Arabia to enrich America's military industrial complex. A few months ago he departed England rather than spend time in a nation where massive anti Donald street demonstrations were taking place. In America he represents the interests/prejudices of about 40% of the nation while not representing 60% at all. How often has he visited that bastion of Democrat/liberal scum ….. California? Once I believe. Now with many thousands suffering and losing their lives to horrible fires in California does he offer comfort and assistance? No, folks in California are his enemy and he thinks within his usual box and threatens them with a decrease of money.

Donald's world consists of money worship, winners and losers. Peace, goodwill and alleviating human suffering are strictly the realm of "losers" in Donald's world.
jimjam wrote:I do not think this is the "Dems". Looks more like the entire non dictatorial world.

Unsurprisingly Donald's America is becoming increasingly isolated in the world as is becomes clear that Donald does not, in the words of my grammar school report card, work and play well with others. As Donald demonstrates a skill at unilaterally trashing one international agreement after another, we find our nation increasingly being shunned by nations where freedom predominates and increasingly aligning itself with dictatorships or, at best, pretend democracies. America increasingly now represents money, power and war mongering to the detriment of freedom, peace and the forces of good will.

To his credit Donald is able to sense when he is not welcome. He is the only world leader of 72 who would rather go home than attend a conference on world peace being held in France today. Peace? No way man :lol: . But we will sell you billions of dollars in war material just as we did with Saudi Arabia to enrich America's military industrial complex. A few months ago he departed England rather than spend time in a nation where massive anti Donald street demonstrations were taking place. In America he represents the interests/prejudices of about 40% of the nation while not representing 60% at all. How often has he visited that bastion of Democrat/liberal scum ….. California? Once I believe. Now with many thousands suffering and losing their lives to horrible fires in California does he offer comfort and assistance? No, folks in California are his enemy and he thinks within his usual box and threatens them with a decrease of money.

Donald's world consists of money worship, winners and losers. Peace, goodwill and alleviating human suffering are strictly the realm of "losers" in Donald's world.

This is the liberal media view. Look at the reality. Everything the world supposedly ‘shunned’ Trump for, they now are supporting him. North Korea and Iran are just two examples. NATO funding is another. Every time the world comes around to accepting Trump’s version.
All talk, no action from Trump critics. Which is to be expected from their appeasement mentality. They have forgotten how to even be confrontational. Trump easily bulldozes them, just like North Korea, Iran, ISIS etc. have done. Obama’s “give them a few billion to be nice” doesn’t work.
Beren wrote:Well, Obama was rather popular in the rest of the world, except for Russia perhaps, in Europe especially.

Do we really know that or is this a result of him being on the same side as the liberal media? As far as I know, this is simply the media’s version of reality. Where did all these populists around the world suddenly come from?
One Degree wrote:Do we really know that or is this a result of him being on the same side as the liberal media? As far as I know, this is simply the media’s version of reality. Where did all these populists around the world suddenly come from?

Europeans despise Trump because of his character. There are right-wingers here who say Trump is repulsive but that he does the right things (something I disagree with obviously).

Obama was mostly liked.
Rugoz wrote:Europeans despise Trump because of his character. There are right-wingers here who say Trump is repulsive but that he does the right things (something I disagree with obviously).

Obama was mostly liked.

I guess that goes along with my view. Obama was a likable phony who fooled me and Trump is a little weird, but real. I prefer ‘real’. I don’t need to like him.

Students can protest on campus, but they can't jus[…]

how 'the mismeasure of man' was totally refuted.[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]

It very much is, since it's why there's a war in t[…]