CNN's Acosta kicked out of the Press Room - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Here we go again. The only thing this guy did wrong was questioning the dear supreme leader.
For all of these right-wing extremists that love to say how much they hate big governments... they fail to realize that this is how dictatorships are established, getting rid of critical media is not but the first step. I am not saying that Trump is a dictator, he is far too lazy, stupid and nowhere cunning enough but this is how dictators behave. If any democratic president (Obama?) came even close to doing the s.hit this guy does on a daily base, the now trumpsters' head would have exploded.
Rancid wrote:Doctored videos...

wonderful..

Only in a clown world is zooming-in and speeding-up a video "doctoring."

This was media spin.

Even Buzzfeed came to the defense of the PJW's video release.

Nonetheless, acting like this in a presidential press conference has never been acceptable.

Acosta thought himself a bad-ass LA RESISTANCE!! warrior.

Press passes aren't a human right.

Likewise, CNN will still have a representative in the press room so this isn't some sort of "Attack" on the first amendment.

At the same time though, Acosta did not "assault" the WH staffer.....he blocked her and touched her, but he didn't assault her.

People saying that are equally stupid.
XogGyux wrote:LOL the irony. Acting like Trump in a press conference has never been acceptable. And still, isn't.

Yeah, but Trump isn't going to lose his press pass. Do you always like saying dumb shit? :lol:

This is how it works, the President isn't going into CNN headquarters and breaking rules, and if he did he would be thrown out (being president wouldn't change this).

Similarly, if you go the White House and act like a fucking chimp, you can get you press pass revoked.

Its that simple.

Acosta chimped out and he got kicked out.

No mystery here people.

Move on.
Last edited by Victoribus Spolia on 09 Nov 2018 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Acosta decided he was in charge of the press conference. He was a self righteous asshole assuming authority he does not have. No one need tolerate such fools.
XogGyux wrote:Here we go again. The only thing this guy did wrong was questioning the dear supreme leader.
For all of these right-wing extremists that love to say how much they hate big governments... they fail to realize that this is how dictatorships are established, getting rid of critical media is not but the first step. I am not saying that Trump is a dictator, he is far too lazy, stupid and nowhere cunning enough but this is how dictators behave. If any democratic president (Obama?) came even close to doing the s.hit this guy does on a daily base, the now trumpsters' head would have exploded.

What rock do you live under to think the press handled Obama the same way they handle Trump. Nine tenth's of the press contributed to Obama's campaign.

Nope : this is how dictatorships work
It was the Obama administration who's former Attorney General Eric Holder had secretly designated FOX reporter James Rosen, a criminal co-conspirator in an espionage case. The FBI sought and obtained a warrant to seize Rosen's correspondence and personal email. The bureau also obtained Rosen's phone records and used security badge records to track his movements to and from the State Department.including those of his parents.

Haven't even gotten into the government leaks to the press, perhaps the most notorious is James Comey. :roll:
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Yeah, but Trump isn't going to lost his press pass. Do you always like saying dumb shit? :lol:

This is how it works, the President isn't going into CNN headquarters and breaking rules, and if he did he would be thrown out (being president wouldn't change this).

Similarly, if you go the White House and act like a fucking chimp, you can get you press pass revoked.

Its that simple.

Acosta chimped out and he got kicked out.

No mystery here people.

Move on.

Asking politely a question, without raising his voice and calling names is somehow "acting like a fuking chimp" when he is in the same room as this moron?

What about Abby Phillips? was she also acting like a "fking chimp" when trump answered "stupid question"? Give me a break.

You are trying to paint this guy as some kind of violent person that assaulted a lady in the same room as the president surrounded by armed secret service guys and tell me that the consequences of that assault is not jail, its not being tackled and kicked in the butt by the secret service but instead is pass revocation 24h later? after a doctored video shows up? idiocy.
Last edited by XogGyux on 09 Nov 2018 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
All of the other news agencies should boycott White House press events entirely. That would stop this outrageous attack on the first amendment.

Of course Trump followers do not believe in freedom of the press anyway so only the independents will be swayed.
XogGyux wrote:What about Abby Phillips? was she also acting like a "fking chimp" when trump answered "stupid question"? Give me a break.

Triggered.

XogGyux wrote:You are trying to paint this guy as some kind of violent person that assaulted a lady in the same room as the president surrounded by armed secret service guys and tell me that the consequences of that assault is not jail, its not being tackled and kicked in the butt by the secret service but instead is pass revocation 24h later? after a doctored video shows up? idiocy.

Actually, if you read my original comment, you would see I said the exact opposite. I defended Acosta against the claim he assaulted anyone.

The fact remains: He doesn't have a right to a press pass, the actions of the president are irrelevant to Acosta's actions. Trump was an adulterer too, does that mean it would be okay if Acosta did it?

Do you always saying stuff this fucking dumb or are you having an off-day?
Drlee wrote:All of the other news agencies should boycott White House press events entirely. That would stop this outrageous attack on the first amendment.

Of course Trump followers do not believe in freedom of the press anyway so only the independents will be swayed.

Yeah, I don’t think freedom of the press includes keeping the microphone as long as you want to hear yourself talk. It was the President’s press conference, not Acosta’s. Ofcourse liberals believe only they should be allowed to talk.
And again with the distractions. That is what happens when you run out of sensical things to say and fair points to discuss. You jump straight to confabulating flame wars and offending your opposition.
No fking body said anything about RIGHTs. His credentials can be revoked for any reason or no reason at all. That does not mean the media is not wrong by calling foul in what it is obviously a retaliation for well diserved bad coverage. The "president" has been behaving like a baby since... well since he was an actual baby. He never outgrew his ego centered phase.

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia could[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]