Trump, Oh my god ! - Page 53 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
Finfinder wrote:History will be OK for Trump because he actually accomplished things. That list will not included he was mean to Rosie O'Donnell and he hurt snowflakes feelings with his Tweets.

Leseee …………… Infrastructure repair? nothing

fix America's health care industry so that millions do not go without and millions of others are not bankrupted by a rigged system (pre existing conditions anyone :lol: )? Donnie conveniently postponed any work on that one until after the election so ….. nothing for four years.

Tax reductions for billionaires and permitting industry to dump increased amounts of toxic poison into the environment? ………….. a job well done.
Godstud wrote:You're delusional. Obama got Osama Bin Laden. Trump destroyed the alliance with the Kurds(an extremely trusted ally), backed down from a dictator, and had Americans slink cowardly, out of Syria. Even his staunchest "Yes Men", Lindsay Graham and Mitch Mcconnell, think it's a mistake. :knife:

May I add that by withholding $400,000,000 from Ukraine, who are currently involved in a war with Russia, President Trump has also turned his back on another trusted AmericIan ally which America guaranteed Ukraine for Ukraine 's participation in the Budapest Memorandum.
By Finfinder
jimjam wrote:Leseee …………… Infrastructure repair? nothing

fix America's health care industry so that millions do not go without and millions of others are not bankrupted by a rigged system (pre existing conditions anyone :lol: )? Donnie conveniently postponed any work on that one until after the election so ….. nothing for four years.

Tax reductions for billionaires and permitting industry to dump increased amounts of toxic poison into the environment? ………….. a job well done.

Your too old my friend to be that cranky :D

BTW we have a local brewery that does trivia night look forward to you coming back
By Drlee
Then you can easily prove me wrong, post a list of our last presidents accomplishments.

Here are 28 of President Obama’s biggest accomplishments as President of the United States.

1 – Rescued the country from the Great Recession, cutting the unemployment rate from 10% to 4.7% over six years

2 – Signed the Affordable Care Act which provided health insurance to over 20 million uninsured Americans

3 – Ended the war in Iraq

4 – Ordered for the capture and killing of Osama Bin Laden

5 – Passed the $787 billion America Recovery and Reinvestment Act to spur economic growth during the Great Recession

6 – Supported the LGBT community’s fight for marriage equality

7 – Commuted the sentences of nearly 1200 drug offenders to reverse “unjust and outdated prison sentences”

8 – Saved the U.S. auto industry

9 – Helped put the U.S. ontrack for energy independence by 2020

10 – Began the drawdown of troops in Afghanistan

11 – Signed the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals allowing as many as 5 million people living in the U.S. illegally to avoid deportation and receive work permits

12 –Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act to re-regulate the financial sector

13 – Dropped the veteran homeless rate by 50 percent

14 – Reversed Bush-era torture policies

15 – Began the process of normalizing relations with Cuba

16 – Increased Department of Veteran Affairs funding

17 – Signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act

18 – Boosted fuel efficiency standards for cars

19 – Improved school nutrition with the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act

20 – Repealed the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy

21 – Signed the Hate Crimes Prevention Act, making it a federal crime to assault anyone based on sexual or gender identification

22 – Helped negotiate the landmark Iran Nuclear Deal

23 – He signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act to combat pay discrimination against women

24 – Nominated Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, making her the first Hispanic ever to serve as a justice

25 – Supported veterans through a $78 billion tuition assistance GI bill

26 – Won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 “for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples”

27 – Launched My Brother’s Keeper, a White House initiative designed to help young minorities achieve their full potential

28 – Expanded embryonic stem cell research leading to groundbreaking work in areas including spinal injury treatment and cancer.

Want more?

:roll:
By Hindsite
Stormsmith wrote:May I add that by withholding $400,000,000 from Ukraine, who are currently involved in a war with Russia, President Trump has also turned his back on another trusted AmericIan ally which America guaranteed Ukraine for Ukraine 's participation in the Budapest Memorandum.

Actually, no money has been withheld from Ukraine.
By blackjack21
jimjam wrote:As usual you miss the point and wander off into self serving clap trap.

:roll: Ok. If the point you wanted to make is that Carly Simon thinks Trump is fat, ok. I think we know Trump is overweight, and that you have big problems with that; yet, never bring up Jerry Nadler for a problem with morbid obesity. I figured you were trying to say something substantive.

ev13wt wrote:Trump destabilised the entire EU.

Brexit, Geert Wilders, etc. all happened before Trump won. It was Angela Merkel welcoming all of the refugees Obama created from his double-dumbfuck policy in Syria that precipitated a loss of confidence in center-left politics in Europe.

Godstud wrote:Trump has accomplished next to nothing, despite having the bulk of the power for 2 years.

He's accomplished quite a lot, while having to deal with investigations into nothing for 2+ years.

Godstud wrote:Trump destroyed the alliance with the Kurds(an extremely trusted ally), backed down from a dictator, and had Americans slink cowardly, out of Syria.

The Kurds aren't an ally and they aren't "extremely trusted." On the contrary, the Kurdish PKK is considered a terrorist group by the United States. :roll:

Godstud wrote:Even his staunchest "Yes Men", Lindsay Graham and Mitch Mcconnell, think it's a mistake. :knife:

They aren't staunch "Yes Men" by a longshot. They are establishment weenies. Trump ran against Lindsay Graham and beat him so badly that Graham came in fifth in his own state during the primaries. One of the funniest parts of the 2016 primaries was Trump saying, "I beat him badly" about Lindsay Graham.

Here's Graham being a "Yes Man."

Stormsmith wrote:May I add that by withholding $400,000,000 from Ukraine, who are currently involved in a war with Russia, President Trump has also turned his back on another trusted AmericIan ally which America guaranteed Ukraine for Ukraine 's participation in the Budapest Memorandum.

Ukraine isn't a trusted US ally either. :roll: Obama refused to provide any military aid to Ukraine. Ironically, it's the only thing apparently that Trump and Shifty Schiff and his Schiff Show can agree on. Additionally, Trump was only reviewing the aid. He did not ultimately withhold it.

Drlee wrote:26 – Won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 “for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples”

Haha haha hah ahaha hah aha..... Bwhahahahahahaha.... rotfl.
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:we know Trump is overweight, and that you have big problems with that

Nope, no problem at all. In fact it seems entirely appropriate. Let me explain to you for, I think, the fifth time. I have simply followed Obese Donald's example of assigning moronic names to anybody I don't care for. It DOES bother me, however, that the guy who represents America's face to the world seems to have no chin.

It seems to be YOU who has an issue with the handle Obese Donald. I AM considering , just for you, changing Donald's moronic nick name to Chinless Donald ….. :lol:
By Stormsmith
Hindsite wrote:Actually, no money has been withheld from Ukraine.

Ah, yes, so it has. I quessed when Moscow Mitch started tearing strips off President Trump, your president caved in. :lol:
By Finfinder
Stormsmith wrote:Ah, yes, so it has. I quessed when Moscow Mitch started tearing strips off President Trump, your president caved in. :lol:

You seem like a nice person but I have to ask where do you get your news from because you are either very misinformed or you know the truth and just enjoy tweaking people :)
By blackjack21
jimjam wrote:Let me explain to you for, I think, the fifth time. I have simply followed Obese Donald's example of assigning moronic names to anybody I don't care for.

Why nobody is getting you is that Donald Trump's nicknames are funny. They make people laugh. "Obese Donald" doesn't make anybody laugh. It's not funny. When Al Franken referred to Rush Limbaugh as a "Big Fat Idiot", that's funny as Limbaugh is fat and Al Franken is exaggerating in a childlike way for comic effect. You have to make it funny, or it just leaves everybody puzzled. "Obese" is too clinical.

jimjam wrote:It DOES bother me, however, that the guy who represents America's face to the world seems to have no chin.

Ok, so this goes right back to square one. His weight bothers you, but now you've qualified it because there isn't a sufficient chin for you. Again, it's a little perplexing.

jimjam wrote:I AM considering , just for you, changing Donald's moronic nick name to Chinless Donald ….. :lol:

It's a good thing you never tried to make it as a comedian. It's just not funny. You need something with a ring to it and a comic irony, some sort of exaggeration for effect... something to make it funny. Demure Donald perhaps. Trumpolicious. Something with a bit of absurdity to it would be funny. Chinless Donald doesn't work. It's like saying Barack "Who Sane?" Obama. It might get one laugh if you're lucky, but it's not nickname that works long term. Slick Willy and Beelzebubba were good nicknames for Bill Clinton. Maybe it's just nicknames don't work for everyone. Bush and Obama didn't really have them either. Yet, Trump didn't make fun of Elizabeth Warren's name. He called her Pocahontas or Fauxcahontas, which is funny but isn't her name. Like you could take that picture of Donald playing tennis and call him "Serena" or something. Enough people have to have seen the picture though for it to be funny. I wish I could help you with this, but my humorous naming skills are limited too.
@Finfinder

Thank you. Sources for news: tv (NBC, CBC, BBC, PBS, and Fareed Zakaria, (CNN)) plus several on-line sources. We don't get Fox. You?
By Finfinder
Drlee wrote:Here are 28 of President Obama’s biggest accomplishments as President of the United States.

1 – Rescued the country from the Great Recession, cutting the unemployment rate from 10% to 4.7% over six years

2 – Signed the Affordable Care Act which provided health insurance to over 20 million uninsured Americans

3 – Ended the war in Iraq

4 – Ordered for the capture and killing of Osama Bin Laden

5 – Passed the $787 billion America Recovery and Reinvestment Act to spur economic growth during the Great Recession

6 – Supported the LGBT community’s fight for marriage equality

7 – Commuted the sentences of nearly 1200 drug offenders to reverse “unjust and outdated prison sentences”

8 – Saved the U.S. auto industry

9 – Helped put the U.S. ontrack for energy independence by 2020

10 – Began the drawdown of troops in Afghanistan

11 – Signed the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals allowing as many as 5 million people living in the U.S. illegally to avoid deportation and receive work permits

12 –Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act to re-regulate the financial sector

13 – Dropped the veteran homeless rate by 50 percent

14 – Reversed Bush-era torture policies

15 – Began the process of normalizing relations with Cuba

16 – Increased Department of Veteran Affairs funding

17 – Signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure Act

18 – Boosted fuel efficiency standards for cars

19 – Improved school nutrition with the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act

20 – Repealed the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy

21 – Signed the Hate Crimes Prevention Act, making it a federal crime to assault anyone based on sexual or gender identification

22 – Helped negotiate the landmark Iran Nuclear Deal

23 – He signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act to combat pay discrimination against women

24 – Nominated Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court, making her the first Hispanic ever to serve as a justice

25 – Supported veterans through a $78 billion tuition assistance GI bill

26 – Won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 “for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples”

27 – Launched My Brother’s Keeper, a White House initiative designed to help young minorities achieve their full potential

28 – Expanded embryonic stem cell research leading to groundbreaking work in areas including spinal injury treatment and cancer.

Want more?

:roll:

Drlee did you get this idea from your students..... You know when they take a term paper with 3 pages of content and stretch to a 15 pager with title breaks and other bs? :lol:

that was entertaining though :lol:
By Stormsmith
Stormsmith wrote:@Finfinder

Thank you. Sources for news: tv (NBC, CBC, BBC, PBS, and Fareed Zakaria, (CNN)) plus several on-line sources. We don't get Fox. If you're asking because of the Moscow Mitch remark, that did air. I saw the footage several times.

You?

Ooops
By Finfinder
Stormsmith wrote:@Finfinder

Thank you. Sources for news: tv (NBC, CBC, BBC, PBS, and Fareed Zakaria, (CNN)) plus several on-line sources. We don't get Fox. You?

I watch some of the nightly news you can get with digital antenna and then Youtube which has a wide spectrum of the sources above and Wall Street Journal. I pulled the plug on cable I just switched my cell phone over to comcast for $13 per month including taxes can you believe that!!

Anyway I suspect you know what is really going on and can't resist poking at Mr Hindsite :D
By late
Drlee wrote:
Here are 28 of President Obama’s biggest accomplishments as President of the United States.

Want more?

He is literally incapable of substantive argument. He's a reactionary through and through. So what you got in response was reflexive reaction.

Good post, tho, I imagine you do what I do. Which is to stay aware of the peanut gallery, and aim a lot of my comments to persuade them.
By Stormsmith
Finfinder wrote:I watch some of the nightly news you can get with digital antenna and then Youtube which has a wide spectrum of the sources above and Wall Street Journal. I pulled the plug on cable I just switched my cell phone over to comcast for $13 per month including taxes can you believe that!!

Anyway I suspect you know what is really going on and can't resist poking at Mr Hindsite :D

I hope that's available here.

As to Hindsight. He's okay with me. And he's capable of handling a little teasing.

Generally, i try not to be mean. Admittedly, some days are better than others. 8)
By Godstud
:lol: @blackjack21 Yes, the Kurds, whom were so trusted that the US allowed them to call in air strikes. Your meandering cookie cutter, cherry-picking posts are pretty worthless when you can't find or recognize context.

Investigations are investigations and don't prevent legislature, so that excuse for Trump, is just that. I doubt you can even find anything important that he's done, aside from destroying things that Obama brought in, like a child. Republicans had all the power, and did extremely little with it.

Why was ISIS not destroyed in weeks as he promised, so he could send the Syrian refugees home? Where is the replacement for ACA that he promised would be so easy? Where are the term limits on all members of congress, that he promised? Where is all the money he promised for improving infrastructure? Didn't he promise to bring back waterboarding(torture), too? Where are his tax returns, that he promised to release after the audit was complete?

No, Trump lies constantly and has made big promises that he did not keep, and very well could have. Pretending an investigation prevented him from doing so, is pretty lame argument, blackjack21.
@Godstud

President Trump has been saying he'd drain the swamp. The swamp shall indeed be drained: by Speaker Pelosi. :lol:
By Drlee
Drlee did you get this idea from your students.....

My students do not live in the past. They are not trying to justify the lunacy that is going on now by throwing shade on Obama. They know high crimes and misdemeanors when they see them. They are appalled by what we call our national government these days. They hate lies. They hate boorishness and they hate cowardice. They do not think it is funny when the president of the United States calls people names, makes racial and ethnic slurs or tries to extort political chicanery from another sovereign nation.

They would not make list of Obama accomplishments to try to compare him to Trump. There is no comparison at all.
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:Why nobody is getting you is that Donald Trump's nicknames are funny. They make people laugh. "Obese Donald" doesn't make anybody laugh

This may be the crux of our misunderstanding. I am not in this to make anybody laugh or to be "got " by anybody. Let's try it again for the sixth time: I am simply taking the cue from our Great Leader and assigning juvenile and moronic nick names to people I do not care for. Humor is not my goal. Dumbing down the discourse is..... similar to Donald the Chinless Guy who likes to dumb down his discourse with stupid one liners endlessly "tweeted" to better appeal to his so called "base" that seems rather dumb. Donald is not stupid he is simply a lunatic …. there is a difference. And he knows that a sentence longer than, maybe, 12 words will confuse a typical Trump Zombie. Let me hear a Gettysburg Address level communication from Donald No Chin (I'm experimenting here just for you) and I will certainly clean up my act vis a vis the Fat Guy but …….. I am not hopeful in this respect.

I would like to continue this rewarding discourse but I must go to bed early tonight as my car is being shipped to Florida first thing tomorrow. Good night my friend.

@Deutschmania Not if the 70% are American and[…]

What confuses me much more is the question what t[…]

It's not just Mapuche, there are other indigenous[…]

I said most. A psych prof once said that a colleg[…]