Trump, Oh my god ! - Page 15 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Hindsite
Potemkin wrote:Are you trying to say that Jesus was merely a prince of this world, or are you trying to say that Donald Trump is Jesus? :eh:

I am not trying to say either one of your ideas. Perhaps I am saying something that God has decided to hide from your understanding. In that case, it is not up to me to reveal it to you.
HalleluYah
Hindsite wrote:I am not trying to say either one of your ideas. Perhaps I am saying something that God has decided to hide from your understanding. In that case, it is not up to me to reveal it to you.
HalleluYah

@Hindsite , @Potemkin ,

From what Hindsite has said, I'll stick with my earlier comment about Hindsite's opinion of Trump, as a sort of Christ delivering today's state of Israel like Cyrus and the Persians did in conquering Babylon and letting the Jews rebuild Jerusalem and their Temple.

It's shear blasphemous lunacy from the pits of hell, which is why Hindsite has what is left of his rationality wanting to not let his idea leak out. But i've looked at your comments Hindsite, and it's what the Devil is leading you to believe, slowly but surely if he hasn't seized you with this delusion already. It started with your Evangelical beliefs and near-worship of the Jews and Israel, and culminates with this.
By annatar1914
Hindsite wrote:The Cyrus - Trump Connection

So then you double down on it. Are you going to speak plainly and come out and say what you believe, or are you going to post videos that dance around the issue?
By Hindsite
annatar1914 wrote:So then you double down on it. Are you going to speak plainly and come out and say what you believe, or are you going to post videos that dance around the issue?

“I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them.”
(Amos 9:14–15)

“You, Israel, My servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, Descendant of Abraham My friend, you whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called from its remotest parts and said to you, ‘You are My servant, I have chosen you and not rejected you.”
(Isaiah 41:9)

“Do not fear, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, And gather you from the west. “I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ And to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’ Bring My sons from afar And My daughters from the ends of the earth.”
(Isaiah 43:5–6)

“Then the nations will know that I the Lord make Israel holy, when my sanctuary is among them forever.”
(Ezekiel 37:28)
By Godstud
Bible quotes are fun since you can interpret them in any way you like. At least that's what I learned from @Hindsite.

:D
By Godstud
On this forum, so far...
Hindsite wrote:“I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them.”
(Amos 9:14–15)

“You, Israel, My servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, Descendant of Abraham My friend, you whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called from its remotest parts and said to you, ‘You are My servant, I have chosen you and not rejected you.”
(Isaiah 41:9)

“Do not fear, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, And gather you from the west. “I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ And to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’ Bring My sons from afar And My daughters from the ends of the earth.”
(Isaiah 43:5–6)

“Then the nations will know that I the Lord make Israel holy, when my sanctuary is among them forever.”
(Ezekiel 37:28)

I am going to be explicitly clear, so I ask politely for an explicitly clear answer; do you, Hindsite, believe that President of the United States Donald Trump is the Messiah, the Christ, and/or the Second Coming of Christ? And therefore do you believe that it is he who will complete and finish the Messianic prophesies?

These can be yes or no answers if you like. I will not hurl invectives at you, I simply want to understand what your belief is, you specifically.
By Hindsite
annatar1914 wrote:I am going to be explicitly clear, so I ask politely for an explicitly clear answer; do you, Hindsite, believe that President of the United States Donald Trump is the Messiah, the Christ, and/or the Second Coming of Christ? And therefore do you believe that it is he who will complete and finish the Messianic prophesies?

These can be yes or no answers if you like. I will not hurl invectives at you, I simply want to understand what your belief is, you specifically.

No, I certainly am not saying Donald Trump is the second coming of Jesus the Christ. That is ridiculous. I do believe God is using Donald Trump in a similar way that He used the Persian King Cyrus to perform a portion of His will on earth. By moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, President Trump has recognized Jerusalem as the capital of the nation of Israel and has therefore paved the way for the building of the Temple in Jerusalem to fulfill prophecy.
HalleluYah
By jimjam
I'm glad Hindsite is here. I sense he is a good guy and he gives us a look into the minds of the 38% that Don has conned. Obviously we differ on our take on Donald. H.S. thinks Don is sent by God to do what I am not sure. I guess to fuck over all Americans H.S. has been conditioned to hate. I think Don is sent by the plutocracy to make the rich richer at the expense of the poor. This certainly is about God ...… Donald's God …. money. Want the truth? …………. follow the money simple.

in any event ……….. whatever gets you thru the night.
Hindsite wrote:No, I certainly am not saying Donald Trump is the second coming of Jesus the Christ. That is ridiculous. I do believe God is using Donald Trump in a similar way that He used the Persian King Cyrus to perform a portion of His will on earth. By moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, President Trump has recognized Jerusalem as the capital of the nation of Israel and has therefore paved the way for the building of the Temple in Jerusalem to fulfill prophecy.
HalleluYah

And for your theories to be made true, you are willing to see people suffer and die and trod each other down into the dust and mud and blood of a new era, not for your own alleged faith, but another faith that does not regard yours as true.

If that is not a species of insanity, I don't know what is.
By Hindsite
annatar1914 wrote:And for your theories to be made true, you are willing to see people suffer and die and trod each other down into the dust and mud and blood of a new era, not for your own alleged faith, but another faith that does not regard yours as true.

If that is not a species of insanity, I don't know what is.

If all would believe, then there would be no need for people to suffer and die. But there are people like you that refuse to believe and would rather hate their neighbors. Well, maybe not like you.
Hindsite wrote:If all would believe, then there would be no need for people to suffer and die. But there are people like you that refuse to believe and would rather hate their neighbors. Well, maybe not like you.

Let me put it this way, Hindsite. Your ideas (and the ideas of those similar to you in belief) rest on theories, on theological opinion. And not the opinions stretching from Pentecost and the Early Church to today, some 20 centuries of belief contrary to what you hold on this matter, but on the opinions of men in the 1800's who got their theories second-hand from Roman Catholic priests who wanted to have Protestants get rid of the idea in their denominations that the Papacy is the Antichrist.

You show no knowledge of History, or of the history of Christianity, of Islam, or of Judaism, yet render judgements and offer support for plans which result in real world tragedy and evils. Think about that; Our Lord said that good trees produce good fruits, while bad trees produce bad fruits, that a tree is known by it's fruits. But this tree, it has produced nothing but evil, for everyone. History in the Middle East didn't begin in 1948 with the founding of the State of Israel, and America is not in prophesy, and you won't be seeing the rebuilding of the Jewish Temple, for the former things are passed away.

I know that this will come as a bitter disappointment to you, but people in a few short years will be talking about Israel like they talked about ''who lost South Vietnam?'', Rhodesia, or Pre-Apartheid South Africa, or the collapse of the Soviet Union. I don't know what will replace Israel in the Holy Land, but it will be replaced. And all of the false prophesies will be revealed as vanity, human pride, which aided in the bloodshed and collapse, and the demonization of other human beings made in the image of Almighty God, in spite of their sins and errors.

And Donald Trump? He'll probably win re-election in 2020, but with term limits he'll still be out in 2024, and like all politicians and businessmen, he'll retire eventually and a great deal of what he does( like them all), will be remembered (if at all) as vanity.

In the meantime I recommend at the very least a measure of humility in making your pronouncements as if they are Holy Gospel themselves, written on stone and prophetically bound to happen.
By Hindsite
annatar1914 wrote:Let me put it this way, Hindsite. Your ideas (and the ideas of those similar to you in belief) rest on theories, on theological opinion. And not the opinions stretching from Pentecost and the Early Church to today, some 20 centuries of belief contrary to what you hold on this matter, but on the opinions of men in the 1800's who got their theories second-hand from Roman Catholic priests who wanted to have Protestants get rid of the idea in their denominations that the Papacy is the Antichrist.

That's your opinion.

annatar1914 wrote:You show no knowledge of History, or of the history of Christianity, of Islam, or of Judaism, yet render judgements and offer support for plans which result in real world tragedy and evils. Think about that; Our Lord said that good trees produce good fruits, while bad trees produce bad fruits, that a tree is known by it's fruits. But this tree, it has produced nothing but evil, for everyone. History in the Middle East didn't begin in 1948 with the founding of the State of Israel, and America is not in prophesy, and you won't be seeing the rebuilding of the Jewish Temple, for the former things are passed away.

That's your opinion.

annatar1914 wrote:I know that this will come as a bitter disappointment to you, but people in a few short years will be talking about Israel like they talked about ''who lost South Vietnam?'', Rhodesia, or Pre-Apartheid South Africa, or the collapse of the Soviet Union. I don't know what will replace Israel in the Holy Land, but it will be replaced. And all of the false prophesies will be revealed as vanity, human pride, which aided in the bloodshed and collapse, and the demonization of other human beings made in the image of Almighty God, in spite of their sins and errors.

So do you think you are a true prophet?

annatar1914 wrote:And Donald Trump? He'll probably win re-election in 2020, but with term limits he'll still be out in 2024, and like all politicians and businessmen, he'll retire eventually and a great deal of what he does( like them all), will be remembered (if at all) as vanity.

Is this your prophecy? or just an opinion?

annatar1914 wrote:In the meantime I recommend at the very least a measure of humility in making your pronouncements as if they are Holy Gospel themselves, written on stone and prophetically bound to happen.

I don't claim to be a prophet. I was just stating what I believe at this time. My beliefs may change in the future.
By annatar1914
That's your opinion.

No, that's precisely my point, that until the 19th century, no Christian anywhere who has ever lived, has believed as you have, at all, concerning these prophetic matters. The majority of Christians everywhere still do not believe in these theories.

That's your opinion.

Again, no, the teachings of every Christian everywhere for most of the history of Christianity, suggest that's what will happen. And what will not happen. Again, this was part of a Roman Catholic literary theological effort to find alternatives for Protestants to think about regarding the End Times, besides thinking that the Papacy was the Antichrist and the Roman Catholic Church the ''Whore of Babylon'', because that's what every Protestant believed from the origin of Protestantism in the 1500's to roughly the 1800's.

So do you think you are a true prophet?

No, I don't have to be, it's just intelligence with humility.

Is this your prophecy? or just an opinion?

Again, following every Christian everywhere up to a certain point in history, intelligence, knowing the history of how things have developed, and humility, precisely because I do not value my own ideas so much in these matters.

I don't claim to be a prophet. I was just stating what I believe at this time. My beliefs may change in the future.

How about just finding out what Christ and His earliest followers thought and taught, and believing that? There are letters out there from disciples of St. John the Apostle out there, and they spoke of the End Times, and much more.
By Drlee
In the meantime I recommend at the very least a measure of humility in making your pronouncements as if they are Holy Gospel themselves, written on stone and prophetically bound to happen.

The problem with the fundamentalist protestant obsession with the rapture and other end times prophesies is that they require me to believe the following:

That God sent his son to start a club. That membership in this club will, 2000+ years later, mean that one will escape a horror that the all-knowing all-loving God has ordained as impossible for non club members to escape. The argument that all they need to do is accept Jesus allows that the prophesy 'may' be wrong. Since these same fundies (for lack of a better term) believe that the prophesies can't be wrong is to say that God has preordained that a great many people face eternal punishment. It logically follows that they all are not doing this by refusing Him but by the mere accident of birth and geology.

I reject this notion for several reasons. The first is that when God sent his Son to speak to us He did not bring a message of condemnation but rather one of forgiveness. He was a Jew and when He was speaking He was speaking to an already subjugated people. A people in one place in time. Could these prophesies apply only to Jews and not others? In Matthew He speaks of how non believers WILL stand along with believers. Was He confused? He quite specifically said that they would be taken with him based upon their good works not on their particular religious beliefs.

Another reason I reject the obsession with end-time prophesy is that it limits the power of God. Jesus did not intend to box God in with His prophesies. He intended to tell us, metaphorically, that we do not know the time of our end and that whether it is the end of our individual lives or people in a macro sense we should be prepared for it.

Am I to believe that all of the people who have ever lived other than some Christians have been banished to eternal suffering by Jesus? I don't. I do not believe that the gentle animist African villager who died 700 years ago attended by his local holy men has been burning in hell since then. Nor do I believe (if we are to believe in an after life) that God blinked this guy out of existence because....African villager who never heard of any country beyond the hill not to mention a first century Jewish man who God sent to His elect and by extension to us. I do not believe that God has been punishing every person who lived, no matter how good this person may have been, because of the accident of birth. I do not believe that a person in China, who happens to hear a televangelist on TV is condemned to hell because she didn't immediately pick up the phone and answer the international conference call.

Some (particularly atheists who do not understand the nature of faith) will accuse me of picking and choosing the tenants of my faith. Guilty. We all choose how to serve God outwardly; why not inwardly. We are all given the "right" to talk to God privately. It is absurd to imagine that he only answers us through others. I refuse to believe that 2000 years ago God said, "Enough of this chatter. Here is all you need to know. Let me know what you want and I will do it but if you want a personal answer you need to divine it from a Book, hear it from a priest, or give some money to a televangelist and get a bottle of olive oil blessed by me".

So. On Topic. Is Trump called by God to do what he is doing? Certainly he is a cog in God's universe. But so are we all. And that is no claim to fame.

I like the way the Mormons are taught in their D & C: "I, The Lord, Will Forgive Whom I Will Forgive, But Of You It Is Required To Forgive All Men ”

As for the end times. I am not called to bring them about. I am called to care for my fellow man. I am not called to wonder who has been forgiven, will be forgiven or will be banished to hell. I am called to forgive that I may be forgiven.

I am certainly not called (and neither is Donald Trump) to make a blatant political decision in order to hasten the end times. I certainly see how some who believe that religion is an exercise in watching and waiting would like to think so. But their God is just waiting to pounce. Mine is busy today tending his sheep. So I will just keep going. Combining sin and good works until God says it is time for me to go. And in doing this, trust God that at the end of the day I will be just fine.
By Hindsite
@Driee
I hope you accept the call to forgive me, just as I accept the call to forgive you and Godstud for the nasty things you have said about me.
HalleluYah
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

“They started it” is an excuse used by schoolchild[…]

who want to see the world burn. No, just America[…]

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 23, Tuesday New tax puts up the cost of be[…]