Registered Independents outnumber both Repuds and Dems, 90% of them are Progressives. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The first part is just a fact now, the 2nd part is my guess.

The Repuds are the right and the far right.
The Dems are the center right and the center.
The Greens and Libertarians are who they say they are, but very small.
The Progressives are the rest.

The thing is that America inherited a FPTP single member district system which only allows for 2 large parties. Then the Repuds & Dems 100 years ago passed a bunch of laws to keep 3rd parties from contesting with them for power.

So, we now have the situation where the largest political voting block can't form a party to represent them. Evidence is --- when policies are polled separately, Progressive policies get over 50%, usually over 60%, and sometimes as high as 90% of the total pop. favoring them. Policies like Medicare for all, anti-war, economic fairness, get money out of elections, stop gerrymandering, etc. And of course, reproductive rights.

So, what do Progressives do on election day? Most stay home, some vote Dem, and fewer vote Repud. But, what they want isn't even discussed in the campaigns.

For those readers here who don't understand my posts, this is the basis of where I start from. When I call for the Progressives to get out in the streets and show each other and everyone else just how numerous we really are --- I am assuming that we outnumber both Dems and Repuds. And we would steal some votes from both parties too. We could easily win because we are the largest voting block there is. We just have to break through the barriers that were put in place 100 years ago to lock in the 2 party system.

Social media will be helpful but history shows that getting into the streets is much more powerful than sitting at home isolated and uncertain of your strength. So, social media will help us organize, but meeting in the streets of your local city or town on the 2nd Sat. of every month is absolutely needed. Then in the primary season of 2020 it might be better to meet every Sat. This would be especially true for the period before your state has its primary.

The goal of all this is to get candidates to enter the primary's of the Dem or the Green parties and then vote for them. Replace most of the Dems or expand the Greens. [Which one will be determined a year from now by the people in the streets.]

The Progressive Party needs a color. I suggest PURPLE for obvious reasons. It would have to be easy to see its difference from blue though. But, the people in the streets need to make this one of the first projects that they undertake. Choose a color.

Those of you who watch the news, especially the world news and those who can look it up on the internet, can easily see that history shows that it is possible for the people to overthrow a corrupt government if they meet in the streets. Well, obviously the current state of affairs in the US is corrupt, and the Dems are part of that corrupt system. The time to act is NOW. It is --- Now or Never.
Jeff Weaver: To 2020... and Beyond! . . . 18 min.
Jeff was a senior adviser to Bernie Sanders' 2016 campaign.
He talks the Progressive talk.
. . They say that the Dems are moving to the left. That more of them say on the campaign trail that they are for Medicare for all [for example]. But, do they mean it, OTOH the fact that they need to say it means that a Progressive wave is possible.
They also attack incrementalism, the idea that "we need to change America little by little over a few years". We don't have the time for this with AGW breathing down our necks. You know the IPCC report says we have just 12 years to stop AGW. That we have wasted 20 - 30 years with arguing with the deniers. While the experts were vastly underestimating how fast the changes would come, and so, not being anywhere near alarmist enough.

Most people are independent because they only have a surface interest in politics. They are easily swayed by whatever the media decides is popular. This gives the impression they are ‘progressive’. You aren’t really anything if your vote is dependent upon surface issues instead of long range platforms. Both parties know this so they only argue surface issues. We have a deliberately ignorant population which makes democracy ineffective.

Wake me up when you have something to replace it.[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]