CFO of Huawei arrested in Canada - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
ness31 wrote:China has form in arresting foreign nationals. About time the shoe was on the other foot.

Yea, I was reading about this. Many people are saying this is just the US giving China a taste of its own medicine. The Chinese government does arrests of foreigners like this all the time.

This is why business elites in US/EU/Canada are getting behind this.
So two wrongs make a right.

BTW, they also arrested a Chinese national who was in charge of Interpol so they hold themselves to the same standards they hold foreigners.
AFAIK wrote:So two wrongs make a right.

BTW, they also arrested a Chinese national who was in charge of Interpol so they hold themselves to the same standards they hold foreigners.

In this case, 2 wrongs probably do equal a higher wrong; but a higher wrong that's worthwhile nonetheless.

In the what's not in the news, a court in China banned Apple. Go on and tell me this is not related to the Huawei case. I'll go on and not believe you.
AFAIK wrote: BTW, they also arrested a Chinese national who was in charge of Interpol so they hold themselves to the same standards they hold foreigners.

Right. I’m sure the Saudis used the same line of reasoning while they were dismembering Khashoggi
AFAIK wrote:BTW, they also arrested a Chinese national who was in charge of Interpol so they hold themselves to the same standards they hold foreigners.

He likely did something that CCP didn't like.
Great job! We need to start arresting more people. Probably best to have a quota.
Crantag wrote:In the what's not in the news, a court in China banned Apple. Go on and tell me this is not related to the Huawei case. I'll go on and not believe you.

There's no doubt in my mind that many of China's legal decisions are politically motivated and that the businessman and diplomat who were arrested and the drug dealer who was resentenced are just pawns in their game. I'm just as sure that the USA would have no interest in arresting Ms. Meng if she were a Wall St. banker laundering money for drug dealers or organising multi-billion dollar tax evasion schemes.

PS- Sorry for the late reply. I went overseas for Christmas and kept forgetting to return to this thread.
Meng Wangzhou has $90 million. They are mentally ill and have wealth hoarding syndrome.

Unfortunately there is no cure at this time. I say we give her a swift and merciful death so that we can release her from her pain.

We can do this in a quiet and dignified way in any of the $10+ million homes that she has in Canada, which she only purchased as a means for bypassing Chinese currency expatriation laws. Because, again, she is mentally ill.
That was weird

I was watching the evening news, and they were cov[…]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E2xXMrwU[…]

I define my terms very clearly and very simply. S[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Yes. It's an adaptation to socially-constructed c[…]