The Trump Shut Down - Page 29 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By One Degree
Beren wrote:Well, that explains a lot about you and why you support Trump.

Explain please?
It is the ‘state of the union’, not ‘pretend state of the unuion’. Why wait?
By Beren
One Degree wrote:Explain please?

Your whole reasoning is false because Trump desperately needs that publicity Pelosi deprived him of, so if that is your understanding of politics, it explains a lot - to me at least. It also explains a lot if you're as petty and prefer reacting viscerally as Trump. However, you may be right and he asked his staff as to whether how he could retaliate rather than coming up with ideas himself.
By jimjam
One Degree wrote:I am confused. Where are these wars Donald started?

"Our ‘undeclared wars’ are used as an excuse to abuse their power. They are technically traitors if they work against Presidential orders in a war zone." O.D.

That makes 2 of us. You were calling congress "traitors" for working against Comrade Donald in a war zone. Why don't we both move on. This one seems like more of a waste of time than usual.

I am just soooo glad I have Comrade Donald to protect me from Mexicans. I certainly hope he will also protect me from Canadians. BTW …. have you heard that the national deficit is at $21,000,000,000,000?
By One Degree
Beren wrote:Your whole reasoning is false because Trump desperately needs that publicity Pelosi deprived him of, so if that is your understanding of politics, it explains a lot - to me at least. It also explains a lot if you're as petty and prefer reacting viscerally as Trump. However, you may be right and he asked his staff as to whether how he could retaliate rather than coming up with ideas himself.

This seems like more ‘double standard’ reasoning, “it’s acceptable if Democrats do it, but it is not acceptable for Republicans to return it in kind.”
This is just another symptom of the ‘assumed superiority’ I have mentioned. Democrats can slander, lie and label, but Republicans are ‘racist’ if they do. It is hypocrisy accepted because of assumed moral superiority.
By Beren
One Degree wrote:This seems like more ‘double standard’ reasoning, “it’s acceptable if Democrats do it, but it is not acceptable for Republicans to return it in kind.”
This is just another symptom of the ‘assumed superiority’ I have mentioned. Democrats can slander, lie and label, but Republicans are ‘racist’ if they do. It is hypocrisy accepted because of assumed moral superiority.

So you've just returned to your central bullshit you think is legitimate to "argue" with anytime. It's nice you put the main items in ' '. Pelosi and Trump are different people with different motives, methods, and ways of thinking. Pelosi made a political calculus while Trump retaliated viscerally and out of pettiness simply because that's how they are, and we all know that's how they are, so much that Pelosi may have even counted on it. It's also not surprising they happen to be on the opposite sides of the aisle. The one is a Democrat and the other is the newest star of the Republicans, which is quite telling indeed.
By Drlee
Really OD. You just keep getting deeper and deeper. Congress has all authority. They can and should prevent the president from doing anything they feel is wrong. Including prosecuting a military action. An action which should have been declared by the congress in the first place. They have the ABSOLUTE power of the purse. Unless Trump wants to pay for the war himself. Do try to learn a little about your government before you shoot your mouth off again. And by the way, I posted the reference but as I expected you did not bother to read it. Shallow people often make this mistake.

BJ SAID: According to Tom Cotton. However, Cotton doesn't have any foreign policy authority, as he already knows. This was his, "please listen to me" lecture.

Oh please. Give me a break. He is a US Senator. He has a great deal of foreign policy authority. No treaty can be ratified without his/fellows express consent. His credentials are impeccable. Rather than listed to your opinion I will go with his. Unless you can match this:
Cotton" He serves on the Senate Banking Committee, the Senate Intelligence Committee, and the Senate Armed Services Committee. A graduate of Harvard College, he studied government at the Claremont Graduate School and received his J.D. from Harvard Law School in 2002.
Meanwhile, the shutdown continues, and I for one am delighted that the Leviathan Warfare-Welfare State of American Imperium is at least somewhat hobbled and restrained over this funding ''crisis''.

I imagine though that the Deep State, the whole Military/Industrial/National Security/Techological/Entertainment complex is managing to continue alright, being that they are beyond oversight altogether and overlap with ''private'' concerns... Although the modern state masks their graft and collective nullity.

This back and forth over nonentities like Pelosi and master persuaders wearing a actor's mask like Trump is, is amusing and goes to show that people do not know WHERE true Power is because they don't know WHAT True Power is or WHO has It.

It's like watching a sinking ship where the people are rearranging the seating order on deck instead of getting on the lifeboats.

Can any of you stop and think about how ridiculous this all is?
By One Degree
Beren wrote:So you've just returned to your central bullshit you think is legitimate to "argue" with anytime. It's nice you put the main items in ' '. Pelosi and Trump are different people with different motives, methods, and ways of thinking. Pelosi made a political calculus while Trump retaliated viscerally and out of pettiness simply because that's how they are, and we all know that's how they are, so much that Pelosi may have even counted on it. It's also not surprising they happen to be on the opposite sides of the aisle. The one is a Democrat and the other is the newest star of the Republicans, which is quite telling indeed.

You have no reasons for these characterizations other than your own bias. I said they were both petty, but you simply can’t accept the fact this is not a battle between good and evil. It is politics and they both are petty and play dirty tricks. Anyone who believes otherwise is simply delusional from swallowing the propaganda.
Yes, I keep repeating the same line because instilling this ‘assumed superiority’ was a brilliant propaganda tactic that is extremely difficult to convince people of. Who is going to accept they aren’t smarter than the ‘others’. It’s brilliant, just ask all the dictators of the past who have used it to justify genocide. It’s brilliant, but Democrats didn’t invent it. The fact they can’t recognize it is the real proof they aren’t as smart as they have been told. They are not the moral authority. It’s all bullshit that is easy to believe.
By One Degree
Drlee wrote:Really OD. You just keep getting deeper and deeper. Congress has all authority. They can and should prevent the president from doing anything they feel is wrong. Including prosecuting a military action. An action which should have been declared by the congress in the first place. They have the ABSOLUTE power of the purse. Unless Trump wants to pay for the war himself. Do try to learn a little about your government before you shoot your mouth off again. And by the way, I posted the reference but as I expected you did not bother to read it. Shallow people often make this mistake.

Oh please. Give me a break. He is a US Senator. He has a great deal of foreign policy authority. No treaty can be ratified without his/fellows express consent. His credentials are impeccable. Rather than listed to your opinion I will go with his. Unless you can match this:

After reading “Congress has all authority”, there was no longer any need to read the rest of post. Your delusions are not arguments.
By Beren
Sure, @One Degree, the only objective conclusion must be that Trump and Pelosi are the same and everything else is just propaganda and a result of a false sense of superiority. I actually accept it's not a battle between good and evil, I've already explained what it really is. But you just keep repeating your self-justifying mantra anyway when there's nothing else left, don't you?
By One Degree
Beren wrote:Sure, @One Degree, the only objective conclusion must be that Trump and Pelosi are the same and everything else is just propaganda and a result of a false sense of superiority. I actually accept it's not a battle between good and evil, I've already explained what it really is. But you just keep repeating your self-justifying mantra anyway when there's nothing else left, don't you?

They are the same. Two humans. Any difference you see is due to your own perception. Our having different perceptions of them does not require one of us to be right and the other wrong. It does not require one of them to be right and the other wrong. Therefore, the most objective view is they are equally guilty.
jimjam wrote:I am hardly the Constitutional expert you are but, it seems, Comrade Donald is allowed to start undeclared wars all over the place and no branch of the government is allowed to say anything?

Where has Donald Trump started a war somewhere?

XogGyux wrote:No. I think you have a problem reading. President Letucce{sic} did not win anything on its own merits. First and foremost he lost the popular vote by 3mil. 2nd he got the help from the Russians, and you'd be stupid to believe they did it because they like retardicans more than Democrats, all they wanted was to introduce animosity and fighting just for the sake of creating chaos and de-stabilizing our political dominance across the world.

Whether Trump won on his own merits or not is pointless. He won. Whether he lost the popular vote is also immaterial. Hillary got help from British spies and Russian operatives making up a phony dossier to use the powers of the state to infiltrate Trump's campaign. She still lost. Apparently, the Russians are more competent than Hillary Clinton. Who cares if the Russians want to introduce animosity and fighting to a country that already has plenty of animosity and fighting?

XogGyux wrote:You are right, the guy is a tool, just not yours. It is Putin's.

If Trump is doing things I like, why should I give a damn if he's Putin's bitch? I don't have a big problem with Putin.

XogGyux wrote:Your side just lost quite a few governorships... democrats will be doing exactly the same shit in no time at all, imagine the kind of power they will have when they get a little bit of gerrymandering.

Dude. I live in California. Do you think I don't know that already?

XogGyux wrote:Democrats already got the numbers, once they draw the maps, Retardicans will have it harder and harder to ever get a win.

They can redraw Congressional districts, not state lines.

XogGyux wrote:See? he is your idol.

No. It's a very simple thing to predict what he would do. The establishment would be very unwise to incarcerate Trump when he hasn't been charged with a crime.

XogGyux wrote:If he was a tool and he is no longer useful why do you care he is prosecuted?

I don't care if he is prosecuted. I'm just willing to bet you $100k that will not happen, because I'd love to take your money. However, with medical school debt, you won't be able to pay me for a long time anyway.

XogGyux wrote:Also... you are incorrect, just because it happened with Nixon does not mean it would be the same for this asshole.

I'm pretty sure it would be.

XogGyux wrote:He has done far worse things than Nixon did.

Such as? Nixon tried to cover up a bunch of low-level guys breaking into the DNC, which he otherwise had no part of. That was unethical for a president to do, because he is the chief law enforcement officer. By contrast, Obama directed the IRS and other agencies to harass his political opponents and many Republicans did nothing about it either. It's nice to see them gone from office after 2016.

XogGyux wrote:Whatever Muller brings, will be fking water proof and Retardicans will have a very tough choice, either they keep following this moron that already cost them the midterms and is 1 scandal after another, sometimes multiple scandals within the same day or they do the honorable thing.

The party in the White House nearly always loses in the midterms. The Republicans gained seats in the Senate in spite of all the cheating. We Tea Partiers also got rid of a bunch of worthless Republicans who voted to keep Obamacare. I'm glad to see them go. Unfortunately, the honorable thing would be to line up many members of Congress before a firing squad. There does not appear to be the political will to do that at this time. So we will have to deal with elections for the time being. Voting for Trump makes the establishment miserable, so I find it very entertaining.

XogGyux wrote:Pence was already in the spotlight for lying multiple times, I am quite sure he does not enjoy being in the middle of this shit especially for someone that does not even share his moral views.

Politicians of every stripe love this shit. It's what they do. Being Vice President with the hope of becoming president is a wet dream for Mike Pence.

XogGyux wrote:I put money on the table that if Trump goes down crashing down, Pence will let him sink hard and fast.

That's an if that just isn't going to happen.

XogGyux wrote:As for the rest of your claims, and others that Pelosi does not have the right to be traveling and talking to allies/troops.

Can't you write a complete sentence when you are trying to characterize everyone as stupid? Pelosi has the right to travel and talk to troops. She doesn't have the power to conduct foreign policy and she doesn't have the power to compel the use of military aircraft.

XogGyux wrote:Just after Trump said out of the blue that he was leaving Syria, Lindsey Graham did one of such trips and he said McCain was supposed to go as well but he died prior.

Yea. Dying does tend to scuttle your other plans. Graham is a homosexual with ties to the deep state, who want to continue to prosecute wars in the Middle East. It's likely that those trying to sustain the wars generated the recent attacks on US troops and the attack in Keyna. I don't care anymore, because I want to see ObamaCare repealed and Obergefell overturned. I see no reason to be all rah-rah jingoistic until we clean house in Washington, and that is going to take a long time.

XogGyux wrote:This is nothing new and in 2 weeks when one of your people go and we point the hypocrisy you will predictably start making excuses and start complaining about Clinton's emails and Benghazi.

Most Congressional trips are a time waster. Pelosi's was just a victory lap. Graham's was likely subterfuge. So I think Trump should can all their trips as far as using military aircraft is concerned.

XogGyux wrote:Last edited by XogGyux on Fri 18 Jan 2019, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.

Apparently, you didn't make the edits for punctuation, spelling and grammar.

Beren wrote:Pelosi made a reasonable political move by depriving Trump of the opportunity to address Congress while being televised live during the shutdown, whereas Trump's reaction seems only pure pettiness which only works for his base.

It's funny. Everyone thought it was funny. You probably thought it was funny too, but you just don't want to admit it.

One Degree wrote:Unfortunately for Pelosi, Trump’s was also hilarious.

It was hilarious. A lot of self-important Washington establishment types need that kind of a slap down.

One Degree wrote:So far, she seems to be floundering. :)

Yea. Revealing her plans is very dangerous! Oh my! :lol:

jimjam wrote:BTW …. have you heard that the national deficit is at $21,000,000,000,000?

That's the national debt, not the deficit. It's nice that the government is shut down. That way, they cannot spend more money!

annatar1914 wrote:Meanwhile, the shutdown continues, and I for one am delighted that the Leviathan Warfare-Welfare State of American Imperium is at least somewhat hobbled and restrained over this funding ''crisis''.

Me too. I hope Trump lays off tons of federal workers.
By Beren
One Degree wrote:They are the same. Two humans. Any difference you see is due to your own perception. Our having different perceptions of them does not require one of us to be right and the other wrong. It does not require one of them to be right and the other wrong. Therefore, the most objective view is they are equally guilty.

Sure, there is no objective reality, not to mention morality, only different ways of perception, regarding Trump especially, there are no smart or dumb people, just people, who are never right or wrong, and words like amorality and immorality exist for no reason. You must be the perfect postmodern man, and a true egalitarian, 1°. :lol:
By One Degree
Beren wrote:Sure, there is no objective reality, not to mention morality, only different ways of perception, regarding Trump especially, there are no smart or dumb people, just people, who are never right or wrong, and words like amorality and immorality exist for no reason. You must be the perfect postmodern man, 1°. :lol:

That is what our country and liberalism is based upon whether you believe it or not. That is the rationale.
This is like Democrats arguing they are smarter and not realize this is a contradiction to their objecting to virtually all qualifications for voting. It is a meaningless argument unless you are promoting an education or intelligence requirement for voting. Intelligence is deliberately not a requirement because it is irrelevant based upon our current liberalism reasoning. However, hypocrisy is pretty much a necessity for ‘liberals’ to argue any of their positions. :)
blackjack21 wrote:

Me too. I hope Trump lays off tons of federal workers.

A while back I caught some slight static for my intuitive thinking on Trump (well, not entirely 'intuitive', I know people that know people, too...) that he has definite Objectivist and Anarcho-Capitalist leanings in his personal ideology, even pre-modern thinking, but I wonder; is anyone laughing now?

Liberals on PoFo don't get President Trump, because they're hooked on the modern status quo and here comes this guy, playing a character on tv, upending all their carefully laid plans of mice and men...

First they laughed, then they became hysterical and even murderous at heart, and next they'll be frightened but abjectly cowardly.

They should be frightened. Even when I was a ''reactionary'' or a ''communist'' of sorts, I laughed at them, because as evil as they are they are also arrogantly clueless. They'll pay this and similar messages and warnings from others no real mind, I even wish that they would not.
By Beren
One Degree wrote:That is what our country and liberalism is based upon whether you believe it or not. That is the rationale.
This is like Democrats arguing they are smarter and not realize this is a contradiction to their objecting to virtually all qualifications for voting. It is a meaningless argument unless you are promoting an education or intelligence requirement for voting. Intelligence is deliberately not a requirement because it is irrelevant based upon our current liberalism reasoning. However, hypocrisy is pretty much a necessity for ‘liberals’ to argue any of their positions. :)

A true republic is supposed to involve everyone, not just the smart and intelligent. You just misunderstand/misinterpret anything you can and as you can, which you combine with your own arbitrary selection of realities and fake news, and you claim the reality created by you for yourself is just as objective as it gets because we just live in our own world anyway. Is that how the Trumpite mind works? Is that a real world should be based on?
By One Degree
Beren wrote:A true republic is supposed to involve everyone, not just the smart and intelligent. You just misunderstand/misinterpret anything you can and as you can, which you combine with your own arbitrary selection of realities and fake news, and you claim the reality created by you for yourself is just as objective as it gets because we just live in our own world anyway. Is that how the Trumpite mind works? Is that a real world should be based on?

Not sure what you were actually getting at, but my ideology should make it clear I believe the solution is allowing people to live in their own realities as an autonomous community. This isn’t because I think it is the answer, but it seems a reasonable alternative to nonstop conflict. Multiple realities seem preferable compared to world indoctrination of one reality. My view allows further experimentation. World government would stifle any experimentation.
Whether it is a dumb idea or brilliant idea will be decided by what people choose to do. Just like today, what is ‘right’ is pretty much a random event created by past choices. Trump will be judged in the future based upon our choices. It has nothing to do with what he stands for. Morality arguments about him today are short sighted and meaningless other than as propaganda to control our choices. They only serve a purpose as propaganda and should be recognized as such.
By Beren
But there is only one reality, @One Degree, with which your own reality conflicts all the time. This reality is that the earth is the only real place we live in and mankind is the only real community we belong to, all the rest is fake or artificial, even family as we know it. We are just automatic bio-mechanic gene-containers, that become obsolete and cease to function sooner or later, and links in a chain to serve the evolution of our own species. If you call that globalism, that's it, everything else is just an illusion.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) fielded a reporter’s question Friday on if President Donald Trump grounded her flight as revenge for her State of the Union letter.

“I don’t think the President would be so petty, do you?” she asked mischievously.

And so, The Right Honourable Nancy Pelosi's mopping continues... Good
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

That's the risk of these understandable reactions[…]

Not well. The point was that achieving "equ[…]

Were the guys in the video supporting or opposing […]

Watch what happens if you fly into Singapore with […]