A man ranted against "Arabs and Democrats" in Dallas Macy's on Christmas Eve - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Another redneck scum snowflake gets triggered hearing a language other than English spoken and makes a scene in public! (my emphasis in bold!)

VIDEO: Customer Rails Against 'Arabs And Democrats' In Dallas Macy's On Christmas Eve
By Benjamin Fearnow On 12/26/18 at 2:30 PM

A man in a Dallas, Texas Macy's store was recorded lashing out in a xenophobic rant against "Arabs and Democrats" after a store manager and employee spoke to each other in Arabic.

His attempt to buy a women's handbag at a Dallas Macy's department store was derailed Christmas Eve after he ridiculed a manager for speaking Arabic to another clerk behind the Michael Kors counter. After several concerned customers stepped in to defend the woman with an accent, the Texas man began ranting against people he perceived as members of the Democratic Party and people of Middle Eastern heritage to "go back where you came from."

"Hey, I'm in America, all I asked was for her to speak English," the man repeated several times as the crowd's groans grew in volume.

The video was first posted by Twitter user "@rickyy_____," who described the scene Tuesday. "The man had been hostile, but no one paid attention until he started insulting the woman because of her ethnicity/language. I decided to record after he threatened to call the cops to have proof the employee did nothing wrong."

"All you Arabs. All you Arabs and Democrats, go back where you came from" the man laments, throwing his hands in the air next to a handbag booth. The now-viral video shows the crowd of nearly a dozen people defending the woman who described herself as a Macy's store manager in the video posted to Twitter Monday afternoon.
Yeah! And it doesn't matter to these entitled hotheads if it's like in Texas and they hear Spanish which is the second language!

I once read a comment last year of a woman complaining that in Texas she *can't* get work because he's told she needs to be able to speak Spanish...…….yeah! So.…..what.....,she applied at a Spanish-restaurant saying on the ad on the window "Applicants must be fluent in Spanish" and WHINES she got rejected, or something like that?

I MEAN FOR GOD'S SAKE!

Or if we generalise it more generally to like where conventional workplaces increasingly demand their employees can speak a second language, say Spainish in Texas, just simply because they get Hispanic customers, etc. Oh how terrible....these people are beyond lazy and short-tempered!
redcarpet wrote:Another redneck scum snowflake gets triggered hearing a language other than English spoken and makes a scene in public! (my emphasis in bold!)

Excuse me! I find the term ‘redneck’ to be derogatory. I would prefer the term ‘good ol’ boy’, if you don’t mind.

Now, I have travelled to many places in distant lands. It is not at all unusual to meet folk who are a little insular and possible somewhat xenophobic. For a lot of people around the world, particularly if they are, like me, from rural backgrounds, that is nothing exceptional.

So I must ask as to why you make special exception to pink skin people, and special exception pink skinned rural Americans in particular?
foxdemon wrote:Excuse me! I find the term ‘redneck’ to be derogatory. I would prefer the term ‘good ol’ boy’, if you don’t mind.

Now, I have travelled to many places in distant lands. It is not at all unusual to meet folk who are a little insular and possible somewhat xenophobic. For a lot of people around the world, particularly if they are, like me, from rural backgrounds, that is nothing exceptional.

So I must ask as to why you make special exception to pink skin people, and special exception pink skinned rural Americans in particular?

It's intended as a derogatory phrase.

There's no nationality to rednecks. If I come across a story on an Australian Bogan, I'll post it here too.
Tainari88 wrote:It is bad Redcarpet. The problems with the divisions in this nation is growing bad.

I had a couple of idiots over the years scream at me in parking lots Redcarpet for speaking Spanish in the USA. Idiots.

Lol, you should remind them most of the major cities and a few states in the southern United States have Spanish names for a reason..... Basically made the place what it is.
colliric wrote:Lol, you should remind them most of the major cities and a few states in the southern United States have Spanish names for a reason.....

Yeah! Do they have English names for those places with Spanish names? No...….

The list is even longer than I knew it was; https://www.thoughtco.com/spanish-place-names-in-the-usa-3079202
Ho hum. Let’s concentrate on one person and pretend they are representative of a nation to prove my idealistic concepts are reality. We will just ignore the 320 million Americans who did not do this today. After all, proving Americans are horrible people will get Democrats elected and I can feel self righteous. It doesn’t matter I am judging millions of people unfairly.

How about asking yourself how many times you have personally observed this? How about asking yourself how many times you have seen people treating those of different races and nationalities respectfully?
One Degree wrote:How about asking yourself how many times you have personally observed this? How about asking yourself how many times you have seen people treating those of different races and nationalities respectfully?

Personally I have not witnessed this kind of incident. Thankfully. But then even in my city of Melbourne we no doubt have a few bogans and redneck scum so I'll probably see it once, if not more, in my lifetime. A secondary point of my post, as another pointed to, is that this is an increasing trend. And NOT JUST IN THE USA. All societies have rednecks.

I just checked a link on this example in Canada. The offender isn't just screaming but she's pointing the finger at the non-white Canadians, making it even more scary. Her claim being that you're not Canadian if you're not white. Yeah. GO ON say she wasn't being racist!

It's very dangerous and scary that the main centre-right party of Western societies, not just the Republican Party in the USA, are shamelessly whipping up these rednecks for short term electoral gain. Some genies won't go back into the bottle, okay? It's not in the long nor SHORT term interest of society to milk these rats for votes, however rewarding electorally it might be. People are assaulted and even MURDERED by these people, if they are encouraged enough.

Like we saw in Charlottesville, and other parts places...…...
redcarpet wrote:It's intended as a derogatory phrase.

There's no nationality to rednecks. If I come across a story on an Australian Bogan, I'll post it here too.

Ok, so I met plenty of rural folk in Java who would fit that description. And there are certainly plenty of similar people in China. They are the ones creating China’s bad tourist reputation. Of course American tourists also have earned a certain reputation for the sme reasons.

I applaud you for not being racist about this and not judging Ozzie or Dixie bogans alone in this regard, though they are every bit as embarrassing as the stereotypical Chinese bogan tourist. I should also point out educated and well travelled Chinese hold the same world view as you and find Chinese bogans as embarrassing as you find Ozzie bogans.

But is this just snobbery? Personally, I am wondering as to just how ethical it is to just those of lower status who haven’t benefited from a more humanistic education.
It's more than snobbery, since cultural sophistication is necessary, whether in your own country, or abroad, for good behaviour, manners, temper control, sensitivity to differences, etc.

Education is key. But even private schools can be lax on these sorts of things. Even if it's say the #1 (private or public)school of country A; you can read/hear about incidents between students, or even a teacher good grief, like this.

It's not that the effort is ZERO. It's just rushed, as an element of a subject. There should probably be a whole subject unto itself. But then that'd involve the teacher in-front of the class committing a few thought-crimes too many. As the great George Orwell pointed out in Animal Farm, ALL societies have taboos. Selective multiculturalism and sensitivity only goes so far. And of course bigoted parents will just undermine the efforts of a school on the children......
redcarpet wrote:It's more than snobbery, since cultural sophistication is necessary, whether in your own country, or abroad, for good behaviour, manners, temper control, sensitivity to differences, etc.

Education is key. But even private schools can be lax on these sorts of things. Even if it's say the #1 (private or public)school of country A; you can read/hear about incidents between students, or even a teacher good grief, like this.

It's not that the effort is ZERO. It's just rushed, as an element of a subject. There should probably be a whole subject unto itself. But then that'd involve the teacher in-front of the class committing a few thought-crimes too many. As the great George Orwell pointed out in Animal Farm, ALL societies have taboos. Selective multiculturalism and sensitivity only goes so far. And of course bigoted parents will just undermine the efforts of a school on the children......

Well, look, at a fundamental level I do agree with you. If we are to have a global society of the masses, then it must be more than just elites who are, as you say, culturally sophisticated. My issue is how can this be realistically achieved?

So much of manners in class based, such behaviour signaling one’s socio-economic status or a lack of manners signaling the lack there off. People tend to reinforce such stereotyped behaviour ps so to conform to the expected estate they and others believe they rightly belong.

I think this is a problem the PC brigade have largely ignored as much of what is PC has become contemporary upper class manners. And those of lower socioeconomic status naturally define themselves in opposition to that.

How then, is social status to be removed from Political Correctness? Is it at all possible? Maybe that ideology must give way to a new system of belief that delivers cultural sophistication to the masses, as a prerequisite for a mass global civilization. I honestly have no idea how this might be achieved.
the crowd's groans

Liberal hypocrisy. Everyone in that crowd is engaging in way more heinous shit than simple bigotry. They're all scumbag consumers, they're all there to buy shit they don't need from corporate psychopaths that exploit the shit out of labor and the environment with money they got from working for those same corporate psychopaths. And if you polled them on their politics you'd find most of them support corporatist warmongers. The crowd is trash, that bigot is trash, the two Arab guys are trash, the whole world is a trash gash garbage fuckhole full of demented hypocritical swine.
Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of Prostitutes and Abominations of the Earth

For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Sivad wrote:Liberal hypocrisy. Everyone in that crowd is engaging in way more heinous shit than simple bigotry. They're all scumbag consumers, they're all there to buy shit they don't need from corporate psychopaths that exploit the shit out of labor and the environment with money they got from working for those same corporate psychopaths. And if you polled them on their politics you'd find most of them support corporatist warmongers. The crowd is trash, that bigot is trash, the two Arab guys are trash, the whole world is a trash gash garbage fuckhole full of demented hypocritical swine.

I start to like Sivad's upbeat postings.
:D :lol: :p
Ter wrote:I start to like Sivad's upbeat postings.
:D :lol: :p

I've about had it with this asinine consumer fest people call Christmas. People kept asking me if I did my christmas shopping and when I tell them I don't do christmas shopping because consumerism ain't my fucking religion like it is with you assholes they look at me like there's something wrong with me. Fuck em, they're a diseased bunch of shitheads.

In every age there's always a few who aren't willing to delude themselves about the depravity of their civilization and refuse to go along with it and the rest of the world always regards those people as radicals or extremists, but history usually shows that those people were actually ahead of their time and the world really was just that fucked up, this age is no different. If we keep socially progressing, people a century or so from now will look back on the brutality and stupidity that defines this current age and recognize it for the abominable fraud that it is.
@Sivad you better stop saying such passionate truthful things about a lot of realities here! Because I laugh a lot, but I also enjoy the truth to it as well.
Your style? Is the Cuban style but in English! :eh:

I almost spit out my brunch coffee of cafe con leche Bustelo. Lol.
redcarpet wrote:It's more than snobbery, since cultural sophistication is necessary, whether in your own country, or abroad, for good behaviour, manners, temper control, sensitivity to differences, etc.

@redcarpet there has to be the political and social will to be open to study and understand other cultures and peoples. At the same time, people's local community culture has to be respected. It is kind of simple. Treat others the way you would want to be treated. Respect people. That is why I said in other threads and posts that the key to combating all this nonsense has to do with equality. People need to treat other people who are different from them in many ways as complete equals.

If they can't do that? They could be the most educated people, with fine homes and houses and manners but if they truly don't have that sense of real equality? It won't help them at all. They will be deep in their hearts? Rednecks. Bogans. Or whatever other name one has to people who are xenophobes and nativists.

I will tell you what is arrogant @redcarpet. I get a lot of people who ask me where I am from? And I tell them. And they start in on a whole slew of dumb, ignorant stereotypes and assumptions and total falsehoods. One guy at the beauty salon while I was cutting my hair last year went to my country and said the most vile, disgusting, racist and awful stuff next to me. I thought to myself? "Should I tell him he is talking about my group of people? That all he said are lies and comes from a racist, ignorant fool?"I thought about it. Then I did say something to him. He got all upset. Apologized to me, said I was the exception. I argued with him. Logically. He sputtered. The beautician got upset and called the owner. He was not welcome back at the salon. But? In the end Redcarpet. People will be who they are. I can't tell you how many prejudiced incidents I have been through in my life. It is hard to count them all.

My older son I adopted from foster care. He is African American and I adopted him when he was 9 years old. He is 21 years old now. I was his mother. And remain his mother. I would walk through stores and be followed. Cops showing up looking for criminal elements in the neighborhood and the first door they would knock on would be mine. My kid never got arrested for anything. If he did something wrong, as parents we would correct and discipline it when he was little. He obeyed that. This is a kid, that had one drug addict parent (mother) and one father in jail for life for murder. A broken family of an older brother and a younger sister. His mother targeted my son for verbal and physical abuse, and he was emotionally broken.

Who is he now? A kid in college working steadily and he just got perfect grades again in school. He speaks Spanish well, he is traveling all over the world. He is a kid that will break the cycle of violence and hardship and crime his bio parents had. WHY? It is about how you change the environment, you give values, you deal with practical things and do the hard work of trying to instill a sense of purpose in the ones hurting.

The first step is not to think of any cultural or ethnic group as the OTHER. As foreign. As unable to be saved. As doomed. All that is sheer shit. Total and complete and utter crap. All the social workers thought my son was a hard case. They had no hope for his having a 'successful' life. Because it is all about genes, race, and he is a male. A bunch of BULLSHIT they spout. If the society is willing to do the hard work necessary to help all these children and the lower classes and put their damn efforts and money and time and focus where they should put it?

All of the supposed ínferiors would be NOT inferior. They would be allowed to become the human beings they were meant to be. But you can't do it with this lack of equality in the brain. NO. Can't do the inequality in the brain. Can't do it. Got to rid your brain of that disease. Because once any group starts thinking they are better than another group? You are headed for some problems. Serious ones.

I get tired Redcarpet. Of the discrimination, the lies, the false propaganda, the apologies for Trumpism, the apologies for corrupt politicians on both sides of Democratic/Republican political organizations in the USA. On the conventional thoughts about what this society has done with its wrong headed ideas of lies. @Sivad I think is a young man. I disagree with him on some things. But his seeing this society's flaws is not one of them. It is not going to fool intelligent younger generations. None of it will.

I had one person the other day say to me at a grocery store in line, "Why don't you people go back to Mexico. We have enough problems right here." I thought? Do I want to argue with this asshole ignorant and ruin my day? No. I just got into the self check line and got some grocery. Why did she say that to me? One of my ex students for a class I gave ten years ago said hello to me in Spanish and we spoke briefly and she heard it. That offended her. Because most probably she is a dumb ass Trump supporter who thinks the only 'real'Americans are some never opened a history book person who speaks English and doesn't know her ass from her elbow.

That is the society I am living in. It is one of the reasons why I am choosing to leave the country. Do I want my little boy told that his family is less than others because he comes from a shithole nation and a shithole culture and he is a throwaway child because the dumb ignorants say so? Lol. It is not worth it. They can't see complexity or variation within any group. It is all a lot of 'the only people I have known well look like me, sound like me, and do what I do. And I want it to stay that way. Because the other stuff is TOO HARD to do."

Limited human beings these people are. And they choose to remain that way.

I'm not aware of a single country that seriously […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We don't walk away from our allies says Genocide […]

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mala[…]

Britain: Deliberately imports laborers from around[…]