Toward understanding American political thought ... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Quoting myself from another source:

'You may be aware of the recent yanny/laurel audio conundrum. Folks heard one thing or t'other depending on their sensitivity to high and low frequencies. You shouldn't be surprised by the reaction to tonight's [Ed.: 1/8/19,] Oval Office broadcast by President of the United States of America Donald Trump.

'In this instance, the reaction to what's said will depend upon whether the listener tends to be fact or emotion-centered. That, in turn, may depend upon one's education and the area in which one lives. It's possible to make reasonably accurate predictions about the split in many congressional districts and, in some instances, in entire states.'

I've been intrigued by this dichotomy in the way folks think and react for quite some time now. The current American political circus seems to be an excellent example of how it can play out in practice.

[Disclaimer: A retired scientist, I come down rather heavily on the Spock side of the spectrum.]

You are insane Wat0n. You can have an issue wit[…]

I read the reports, but it does not even mention […]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]