Liberals stop demonising Trump and admit you were wrong! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
So first off not everyone on the left has demonised Trump. Even on this forum there have been leftists who have stood against Trump demonisation and the whole fake Russia scandal. But lots do, going on and on as if the Trumps is about to collapse the country.

Second, when Trump won the nomination I predicted that he would get 350 to 400 Electoral College votes. I was wrong, I've moved on, but I take careful note my errors. Although it was a prediction not a promise. So many Liberals seem unable to admit that prediction after prediction, they made about Trump has failed to happen.

We are now over two years into the Trump presidency and the great catastrophe has just failed to happen. Can the doom mongers point to one piece of significant legislation or administrative action that they could not imagine enacted under a so called typical Republican or Democratic President. The tax cuts, the supreme court justices, the modifications to Obamacare. what is so radically different from what any of the other Republican candidates would have done. Leftie hypocrites complain about the border wall, they say most illegals came through legal ports of entry, but yet these are the same people who complained about the so called Muslim ban.

But what ever does anyone think that President Ted Cruz's immigration policies would have been that different? Neither the $5.5 billion for the wall or the immigration restrictions were ground breaking policies. Compare that to the money wasted on the Moon landings when America was fighting a significant war. JFK couldn't give a toss about space, he only wanted a diversion from the Bay of Pigs.

As for Putin, why shouldn't Trump cuddle up to Putin the way W Bush cuddled up to the Saudis? Some people complained that he wasn't tough enough on Russia over Georgia. And then some people complained that Obama wasn't tough enough on Putin. All Presidents compromise with dictators.

As for Syria, Trump's policy has been almost comically similar to Obama's. Both have tried to avoid war with Assad and both have had war mongering Jew worshippers within their administrations that have pushed for war at every turn.

And then there's the shutdown. If it was another Republican President, facing a Pelosi House majority don't you think a shutdown and deadlock would have been highly likely? It might not have been about a border wall, but don't you think they would have found something else to disagree on.

I'm not asking you to like Trump. I'm not asking you to respect Trump, agree with his policies, think he's smart or honest. Trump has certainly been new in terms of style, but admit it you were wrong:

The great catastrophe has just failed to happen. In substance Trump has proved to be the most unremarkable President.
Last edited by Rich on 14 Jan 2019 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
@Rich:

Sir, I'm not responding as a liberal. [If pigeonholing's required, I'll accept secular humanist.] You've covered quite a lot of territory in your OP above. The major thrust seems to be whether or not there were attempts by the Russians to influence the Presidential election of 2016 and if so, what was the extent. To date, the American public [Ed.: That includes the writer and, perhaps, Rich,] is not privy to the full findings of the investigation headed by Mr. Robert Mueller. These appear to be the best evidence we will have when the report of his work is published.

Until then, I'm willing to suspend judgment.
So, as I pointed out in another thread. Why are Democrats afraid of Russian tweets and business meetings, but not Russian nuclear bombers in Venezuela? They seem to have a weird idea of what is dangerous to our country, or Russiagate is made up bullshit to get Trump.
Trump as the most unremarkable president? Really?!

With the longest government shutdown in history! Small businesses who want to sell or make changes to their structure cannot, because the SBA is closed. Farmers cannot negotiate crop prices. Airports are having to shut down since so many TSA workers are calling in sick. No one is being paid!!! What the heck is this?!

He fires staffers so very often! They should have revolving doors installed everywhere in DC! No one stays in their position for long. I think the longest is 2 years?

He is the only president in history to obsess over a butt-ugly, useless, POS wall. Do walls actually keep people out? NOPE. Didn't work for other countries, so why should it work for the USA? People can climb over it or dig under it. Or I don't know...they could use explosives or acid to destroy it. People can be very determined when they want something.
@Rich is just another Trump cultist.

The economic crash is yet to come, and Trump is helping it along by making the markets volatile with his moronic tariffs and trade deals.

Stock Market Facing a 2019 Crash: 70% Correction Warning
Increased volatility and rising interest rates are leading investors and economists to warn of an impending stock market crash.

https://www.fxempire.com/news/article/s ... ing-536124
Godstud wrote:Stock Market Facing a 2019 Crash: 70% Correction Warning
Increased volatility and rising interest rates are leading investors and economists to warn of an impending stock market crash.
https://www.fxempire.com/news/article/s ... ing-536124

In reality, the volatility isn't really that bad of a thing.
Godstud wrote:@One Degree Nobody's saying that, but still Trump's knowledge of economics and foreign diplomacy are shockingly poor. He's also not good at working with people.

People have narrow perspectives. Trump hasn’t done anything unusual as far as the government. People talking about him destroying the country or the world should have experienced Kennedy’s presidency. Imminent threat of Nuclear war and presidential assasination makes Trump as a threat look silly.
Anything he does can simply be undone by a new administration. The hysteria is silly.
One Degree wrote:
People have narrow perspectives. Trump hasn’t done anything unusual as far as the government. People talking about him destroying the country or the world should have experienced Kennedy’s presidency. Imminent threat of Nuclear war and presidential assasination makes Trump as a threat look silly.
Anything he does can simply be undone by a new administration. The hysteria is silly.

I think you're right here. Trump has not done anything that couldn't be undone. He also hasn't started a war like many said he would. Arguably, Clinton was more likely to go around starting wars.
MistyTiger wrote:Trump as the most unremarkable president? Really?!

I believe Trump has been a remarkable President for the past two years, even with constant obstruction on the part of the Democrats.

MistyTiger wrote:With the longest government shutdown in history!

This, indeed, makes this President remarkable for his courage to stand on principle.

MistyTiger wrote:Small businesses who want to sell or make changes to their structure cannot, because the SBA is closed.

It will be better for them to wait awhile longer anyway.

MistyTiger wrote:Farmers cannot negotiate crop prices.

Sure they can. Anyway, if the Democrats in Congress really cared about this they would agree to fund the wall to reopen the government, instead of spending their time on a resort beach in Puerto Rico during the shutdown.

MistyTiger wrote:Airports are having to shut down since so many TSA workers are calling in sick. No one is being paid!!! What the heck is this?!

There really is not that many more TSA workers calling in sick than usual. Back pay for them has already been approved and a bill from the Republicans is in the Senate that if the Democrats will approve it and the President signs it will pay those government worker still on the job during the shutdown.

MistyTiger wrote:He fires staffers so very often! They should have revolving doors installed everywhere in DC! No one stays in their position for long. I think the longest is 2 years?

Some of those staffers deserved to be fired. Perhaps some of those staffer were the source of the leaks to the media. Trump was known for firing those that were ineffective at their job. It is not that unusual for Presidential administration to have some turnovers during the middle of their administration.

MistyTiger wrote:He is the only president in history to obsess over a butt-ugly, useless, POS wall. Do walls actually keep people out? NOPE. Didn't work for other countries, so why should it work for the USA? People can climb over it or dig under it. Or I don't know...they could use explosives or acid to destroy it. People can be very determined when they want something.

Walls do work as deterrents and hindrances, that is why people build them. Most of the Border Patrol agents see that walls help them do their job. Walls are only one part of good border security, but they are needed in select areas.
Rich wrote:But what ever does anyone think that President Ted Cruz's immigration policies would have been that different? Neither the $5.5 billion for the wall or the immigration restrictions were ground breaking policies. Compare that to the money wasted on the Moon landings when America was fighting a significant war.

Reaching the moon produced significant advancements in technology and the miniaturization of new and existing technologies. The wall is a big, dumb, ineffective monument to racism only supported by retards that was made up on the fly by a dementia addled speed freak who no longer has the ability to think in the abstract.

Your entire post was dumb but I thought this point should be touched on. Just lmao @ comparing a stupid wall to heavy investment in aeronautical science and technology.

Here is a list of technological advancements that came from funding NASA through the Space Race era and beyond. The wall accomplishes nothing except making braying racist dumbasses happy for a few minutes before they find the next thing to be angry at.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Reaching the moon produced significant advancements in technology and the miniaturization of new and existing technologies. The wall is a big, dumb, ineffective monument to racism only supported by retards that was made up on the fly by a dementia addled speed freak who no longer has the ability to think in the abstract.

How can walls be a monument to racism? It seems that anything you guys disagree with has something to do with racism in your delusional minds.
William H. McRaven, the retired Navy admiral who oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed Osama bin Laden wrote in August an open letter to Trump via The Washington Post to protest his abusing his power to remove the security clearance of former C.I.A. director and Trump critic John Brennan.

McRaven, a Navy SEAL for 37 years, wrote: “I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.”

Just one more "liberal" who has "demonized" poor Donald :eek:
jimjam wrote:William H. McRaven, the retired Navy admiral who oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed Osama bin Laden wrote in August an open letter to Trump via The Washington Post to protest his abusing his power to remove the security clearance of former C.I.A. director and Trump critic John Brennan.

McRaven, a Navy SEAL for 37 years, wrote: “I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.”

Just one more "liberal" who has "demonized" poor Donald :eek:

A delusional liberal at that. That guy no longer needs a security clearance and neither does that lying Brennan. Trump did the correct thing.
HalleluYah
Hindsite wrote:How can walls be a monument to racism? It seems that anything you guys disagree with has something to do with racism in your delusional minds.

For reasons you have to be constantly reminded of: illegal immigration is at a 45 year low; immigrants commit less crimes than the general population; most drugs come through legal ports; most illegal immigrants enter legally; the wall is dumb and will not address any of the previous items in a meaningful way.

Trump focuses on individual immigrant crimes and specifically targeted Mexicans and MS-13 as overblown threats. He is a racist moron and so is everyone who wants the wall. This isn't difficult to figure out.

I got my results: https://moralfoundations.github[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...We have bottomless pockets and Russia does not[…]

@Godstud What is going to change? I thought t[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving […]