Democrats use misinformation campaigns on Facebook - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Democrats use misinformation campaigns on Facebook

Conservatives argue the irony is rich. "It was exactly the kind of operation they say that Trump and the Russians cooperated in to defeat Hillary," radio talker Rush Limbaugh said.

After December's revelation of the first false flag operation in Alabama, liberal billionaire and LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman, who gave $100,000 to the cause, later apologized for his contributions and said he wasn't aware of what the group was doing.

But Facebook is now also probing whether another organization funded by Hoffman, News for Democracy, produced content that misled people about its origin.

The Washington Post reported that the organization ran ads targeting conservative voters in bids to help Texas Democratic Senate candidate Beto O’Rourke and hurt Tennessee Republican Senate candidate Marsha Blackburn.

As for the Alabama race, a New York Times story revealed Monday that Democratic activists in 2017 created a Facebook page that gave the false impression that it was the work of Baptist teetotalers supporting Moore in the Alabama contest. That “Dry Alabama” Facebook page – which called for outlawing alcohol in the state – intended to alienate pro-business, moderate Republicans from Moore, the paper reported.

Democrats reportedly saw an opportunity to win that race after Moore was hit with allegations of past inappropriate sexual conduct with teenage girls. Jones went on to win the race.

In December, The New York Times also reported that Democratic operatives, backed by Hoffman, created thousands of fake Russian accounts to give an impression the Russian government was supporting Moore. The secret project was carried out on Facebook and Twitter. After that revelation, Jones said he was "outraged" over the report and called for a federal investigation into the project.

The New York Times identified a progressive activist named Matt Osborne as one of the people behind the “Dry Alabama” effort. The story said he defended the tactics, accusing Republicans of doing similar things, though also said he’d like to see it banned in politics one day.

“If you don’t do it, you’re fighting with one hand tied behind your back,” Osborne told the paper. “You have a moral imperative to do this — to do whatever it takes.” The New York Times reported that both of the false flag operations each received $100,000 and were funneled by the same progressive group called “Investing in Us.
Godstud wrote:You never supply links to your sources, so we know its source is dubious, at best. :knife:

Breitbart?

Infowars?

The basics were covered by most media. This is no secret. What seems to be secret is what punishment they received. As far as I know, they just had to say ‘sorry’ while Russiagate is nonstop hysteria with less evidence.
If it's no secret, then post a source. Are you afraid of people reading the rest of the article and discovering that you've misled them with your statements?
Godstud wrote:If it's no secret, then post a source. Are you afraid of people reading the rest of the article and discovering that you've misled them with your statements?

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... up-backed/

It took all of 5 seconds to find one. Read the news instead of sealioning.
Rancid wrote:I've always assumed that both sides of our shit parties are doing this type of misinformation.

It’s the internet. I have no doubt individuals of all types from all parts of the world are posting lies. This is what exposes the ‘democrats fear of Russia’ to be a ‘big lie’ to go after Trump.
The fact they are lying is demonstrated by the total silence on Russia building a nuclear bomber base in Venezuela. Why aren’t the Democrats all over Trump demanding a US response? Not a single word from either party.
I was not sea-lioning, you old fart, I was merely asking for more information that you should be providing when quoting the text of an article. Stop being such a prickly old bastard all the time, when questioned. It's a standard request and requirement for all source material on Pofo.
Last edited by Godstud on 15 Jan 2019 00:16, edited 1 time in total.
Godstud wrote:I was no sea-lioning, you old fart, I was merely asking for more information that you should pe providing when quoting the text of an article. Stop being such a prickly old bastard all the time, when questioned.

I apologize.
I apologize too, for my harsh response. I am a prickly bastard in the morning, sometimes. ;)

I have no doubt that Democrats create misinformation, as well, but I find that you, and others like to ignore, or dismiss, the misinformation coming from the Republican side. Trump himself, is a huge source of misinformation.
Godstud wrote:I apologize too, for my harsh response. I am a prickly bastard in the morning, sometimes. ;)

I have no doubt that Democrats create misinformation, as well, but I find that you, and others like to ignore, or dismiss, the misinformation coming from the Republican side. Trump himself, is a huge source of misinformation.

Actually, it is the Democrat political propaganda media that misinterpret Trump that is the real source of the misinformation.
Last edited by Hindsite on 15 Jan 2019 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
The basics were covered by most media. This is no secret. What seems to be secret is what punishment they received. As far as I know, they just had to say ‘sorry’ while Russiagate is nonstop hysteria with less evidence.

Duh. Russia is, unless you are Trump, a foreign country trying to undermine our democracy. To Trump Russia is called his base.
Drlee wrote:Duh. Russia is, unless you are Trump, a foreign country trying to undermine our democracy. To Trump Russia is called his base.

The Soviet Union, which Russia was a part, has been trying to undermine our democracy with communism for many years. Obama and his administration knew what was happening and just said he told them to cut it out and he also said nobody could do anything to change the election.

Obama said, "There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America’s elections, in part because they’re so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved.”
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... sia-debate

Obama Says He Told Putin: ‘Cut It Out’ on Hacking

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/16/us/p ... rence.html

Why Didn't Obama Stop Russia's Election Interference In 2016?

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/21/58761404 ... ce-in-2016
Drlee wrote:Duh. Russia is, unless you are Trump, a foreign country trying to undermine our democracy. To Trump Russia is called his base.

But, the Russian nuclear bomber base in Venezuela is no threat to Democracy? Why aren’t the Democrats concerned if Russia is such a threat? Why aren’t they all over Trump to do something?
It’s just lies. You don’t alter US elections with tweets. It’s hard to believe anyone can accept such nonsense.
David Lloyd George:

“I have never met a happier people than the Germans and Hitler is one of the greatest men. The old trust him; the young idolise him. It is the worship of a national hero who has saved his country.”

OD would have been right at home.....
Drlee wrote:OD would have been right at home.....

So calling Russiagate a Democrat lie is being a Nazi in your tormented mind?
Throwing ‘Nazi’ and ‘racist’ at every argument you don’t have an answer for should give you an indication that you are on the wrong side if that is all you can come up with.
You may as well call me a ‘dummy head’. It would carry the same weight as these overused labels.
What argument are you talking about? You have made no argument. You just posted some nonsense about "two wrongs make a right".

You are supporting a traitor to your country. Own it.

You may as well call me a ‘dummy head’.

You do not need me to point out the stupidity in many of your posts. I just enjoy it.
I'm glad that the Democrats took extraordinary measures to keep an actual kid fucking pedophile out of the Senate. Obviously pointing out that he was a pedophile who was attracted to children and liked fucking them, and even married one of the young girls he predated on, was not enough to convince the GOP base not to vote for him because they love pedophiles and fucking children and even killing them from time to time.

Just a reminder that Republican hero and the longest serving Republican House Majority Leader was convicted of fucking children and being a pedophile. Pedophilia has always been a core component of conservative ideology, so obviously attacking Roy Moore on being a child fucker would have only worked to his advantage. The GOP has always loved and supported pedophiles and always will.

Thank you, brave Democratic heroes, for keeping a pedophile out of the Senate.

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]

Customs is rarely nice. It's always best to pack l[…]