Election 2020 - Page 91 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Finfinder
late wrote:We import over half our food. Of the remaining half, roughly 13% comes from Cal, and another few percent from local farms.

So food would get a little more expensive, but imports would ramp up, as would Cal and local farms.

A lot of Red states already have a lot of food insecurity, this would just make that worse because it doesn't take a big loss of revenue to kill off a farm (damaging the state economy, reducing tax income and thus help for the poor).

No we do not !! You just completely fabricated that. Don't make shit up its not helping you. LOL . :lol:

They don't grow a lot of wheat, corn, or soybeans in California but then again you'd have understand the difference between a commodity and produce to realize that. LOL

BTW How are you going to get your California food (which is perishable BTW) to New York City ?

late wrote:A lot of Red states already have a lot of food insecurity, this would just make that worse because it doesn't take a big loss of revenue to kill off a farm (damaging the state economy, reducing tax income and thus help for the poor).

This statement is just the opposite.

You really are out of your depth here on this subject you seem not to have a good understanding of it.
By late
Finfinder wrote:
1) No we do not !!

2) They don't grow a lot of wheat, corn, or soybeans in California

3) BTW How are you going to get your California food (which is perishable BTW) to New York City?

4) This statement is just the opposite.

1) I shouldn't have relied on my memory, it's 15-20%.

2) We could import more, and grow more. Starvation would not be on the menu. That's silly.

3) Same way I've been doing it. Cal exports perishables to the East Coast.

4) "Rural counties experience high food insecurity rates twice as often as urban counties. It has been reported that approximately 3 million rural households are food insecure, which is equal to 15 percent of the total population of rural households.[65] This reflects the fact that 7.5 million people in rural regions live below the federal poverty line.[65] This poverty in rural communities is more commonly found in Southern states."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunger_in_the_United_States#Prevalence_of_food_insecurity_in_the_United_States

Food insecurity has been getting worse, I was hoping to post a good map, but the only good one I found was 3 years old, and the numbers have changed significantly since then.
By Finfinder
late wrote:1) I shouldn't have relied on my memory, it's 15-20%.

2) We could import more, and grow more. Starvation would not be on the menu. That's silly.

3) Same way I've been doing it. Cal exports perishables to the East Coast.

4) "Rural counties experience high food insecurity rates twice as often as urban counties. It has been reported that approximately 3 million rural households are food insecure, which is equal to 15 percent of the total population of rural households.[65] This reflects the fact that 7.5 million people in rural regions live below the federal poverty line.[65] This poverty in rural communities is more commonly found in Southern states."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunger_in_the_United_States#Prevalence_of_food_insecurity_in_the_United_States

Food insecurity has been getting worse, I was hoping to post a good map, but the only good one I found was 3 years old, and the numbers have changed significantly since then.

Honestly you should just give up you really don't understand what you are talking about.

Stay on topic about splitting the country up. So tell me if the Blue State are so tough and confident and the Red states are so stupid how are the Blue States going to deal with logistic since you would have to use the Red States' roads and rail systems to get your supposed Califiorina food. BTW you don't grow food you grow ingrediats to make food.

How are your going to feed the live stock in Claifornia when the Red States owns all the supply chain? Oil and fuel ? You haven't thought this out well have you.

I have no idea what you are trying to say with Food Insecurity, that just some SJW snow flake term. You are trying to say that the Red States which would own the production and supply chain of food in the country do not have acess to nutrious meals ? :lol:
By late
Finfinder wrote:
Honestly you should just give up you really don't understand what you are talking about.

Stay on topic about splitting the country up. So tell me if the Blue State are so tough and confident and the Red states are so stupid how are the Blue States going to deal with logistic since you would have to use the Red States' roads and rail systems to get your supposed Califiorina food. BTW you don't grow food you grow ingrediats to make food.

How are your going to feed the live stock in Claifornia when the Red States owns all the supply chain? Oil and fuel ? You haven't thought this out well have you.

I have no idea what you are trying to say with Food Insecurity, that just some SJW snow flake term. You are trying to say that the Red States which would own the production and supply chain of food in the country do not have acess to nutrious meals ?

Are you drunk or high?

There was one comment about the states going separate ways. Even if we did (which we won't) Red states will still need commerce.

So that throws your... let's be nice and call them flights of fancy... out of the window.

Moving onto the next part. If Red states blocked transportation, that could mean war. How crazy do you want to get? The premise was "starving us out". We could import more, and grow more. Meat would get more expensive for a while, but it wouldn't exactly hurt most Americans to eat less meat... The price would go up for food, but we could ship across Canada, up from Latin and South America, there are a lot of countries south of the border that like money.

There are thousands of abandoned farms on the East coast. One of the things I advocate for is bringing back regional farming. The potential is enormous. It'd take some time, but it's very doable.

Most Red states get more money than they send in taxes. Quite a bit more. The butt ugly reality is you need us more than we need you.

Food insecurity is real. Ever hear of google?
By Drlee
If Red states blocked transportation, that could mean war. How crazy do you want to get? The premise was "starving us out".

You have to remember Late that many right-wing pituitary types have these recurring fantasies about "liberal" take over where they rush to the gun closet, take out their AR-15 and join "Strike Eagle Constitutional Defense Brigade Two" and retake the country. You can read about them all over the internet, posing questions about which ham radio to buy and where to stockpile their camouflage condoms.

They are just GI wannabees. There is absolutely no call for any kind of a civil war in this country and if we did have civil unrest, these paper tigers would be pushed aside like sand.

I find these Second Amendment warriors to be entertaining. When I was in the Army and in uniform I used to get them walking up to me in airports and stores and asking me which "assault rifle" I recommended for "home defense" and "the breakdown of civilization". They were always disappointed when I answered them. Well for home defense, if you don't have a telephone, I recommend the cheapest 12 gauge shotgun you can buy and 5 shells for it. My answer for "the breakdown of civilization" was "i haven't thought about it. If anything likes that comes about I am going to stay right where I am....armed to the teeth, trained superbly well and in the middle of the baddest gang in the world... The US Army supported by the baddest air force in the world."

There may be some right-wing militias that get a bit obstreperous in the future. They are going to get their asses kicked and they will remain as irrelevant to history as they are right now. But they sure are cute with their camouflage fatigues lapped over their beer bellies and their hodgepodge of mismatched almost military weapons gleaming in the sun.
By jimjam
The United States is an empire in decline that looks more every day like the rigid European newly post-feudal class societies it was so proud to distinguish itself from at the nation's founding and most of history. That the notion of opportunity for ALL people is still available but often at the price of decades of indentured servitude. That the healthcare system that provides excellent care for the well employed but can bankrupt a middle class or poor family is an affront to most any philosophical or religious code of morality. I could go on, but I think we can all think of ways a voracious and ruthless amoral capitalist sensibility has destroyed our society.

Fortunately our people, including myself, see this country's entire course for what it is. A farce. A joke. An amalgamation of undeserved chest thumping and fantastical nostalgia laden notions of national identity.
By SolarCross
jimjam wrote:The United States is an empire in decline that looks more every day like the rigid European newly post-feudal class societies it was so proud to distinguish itself from at the nation's founding and most of history. That the notion of opportunity for ALL people is still available but often at the price of decades of indentured servitude. That the healthcare system that provides excellent care for the well employed but can bankrupt a middle class or poor family is an affront to most any philosophical or religious code of morality. I could go on, but I think we can all think of ways a voracious and ruthless amoral capitalist sensibility has destroyed our society.

Fortunately our people, including myself, see this country's entire course for what it is. A farce. A joke. An amalgamation of undeserved chest thumping and fantastical nostalgia laden notions of national identity.

The US only has one problem: the FED. Fix that and everything will be fine.
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:The United States is an empire in decline that looks more every day like the rigid European newly post-feudal class societies it was so proud to distinguish itself from at the nation's founding and most of history. That the notion of opportunity for ALL people is still available but often at the price of decades of indentured servitude. That the healthcare system that provides excellent care for the well employed but can bankrupt a middle class or poor family is an affront to most any philosophical or religious code of morality. I could go on, but I think we can all think of ways a voracious and ruthless amoral capitalist sensibility has destroyed our society.

So the truth is out. You are not only a Trump hater, you also hate our nation.
By SolarCross
Hindsite wrote:So the truth is out. You are not only a Trump hater, you also hate our nation.

It is because he hates your nation that he hates Trump. All of pofo's Trumpophobes have the same hate of America. They would like Trump if we was anti-american.
By late
Hindsite wrote:
So the truth is out.

It's been out for a long time, there are a lot of things you don't understand.
By Hindsite
late wrote:It's been out for a long time, there are a lot of things you don't understand.

So you admit that you hate America too.
Praise the Lord.
By jimjam
Hindsite wrote:So the truth is out. You are not only a Trump hater, you also hate our nation.

I actually, unlike yourself, do not hate anything. Does pointing out Obese Donald's incompetence mean I Hate him? Perhaps to your limited 2 dimensional intellect it does. Does pointing out wrong turns made by America's Military Industrial Complex mean I hate America? JFK refused his general's desire to invade Cuba. He had plans drawn up to withdraw from Vietnam. He planned to curtail the CIA. Hmmmmm :hmm: Looks like JFK hated America.

It is well known that the Army and the post office does not pay their folks to think. Follow ….. yes. Think …. no.
By jimjam
late wrote:It's been out for a long time, there are a lot of things you don't understand.

NO! NO! Say it ain't so. Tell us you don't hate America :lol: .
By Hindsite
jimjam wrote:I actually, unlike yourself, do not hate anything.

No one with common believes believes you don't hate anything. It is clear that you dislike Donald Trump. That really amounts to hate, not love.

jimjam wrote:Does pointing out Obese Donald's incompetence mean I Hate him?

Yes.

jimjam wrote:Perhaps to your limited 2 dimensional intellect it does.

You also dislike his supporters. That is hate.

jimjam wrote:It is well known that the Army and the post office does not pay their folks to think. Follow ….. yes. Think …. no.

That only applies in a limited way to Army recruits in training. But I doubt that neither the Army nor the Post Office could pay you to think. :lol:
HalleluYah
By colliric

Lol. The comments on this status tweet are fucken hilarious.

Bernie Bros are pissed again. Good on them. She's a faker.
By Patrickov
colliric wrote:Lol. The comments on this status tweet are fucken hilarious.

Bernie Bros are pissed again. Good on them. She's a faker.

Yes, I kind of think she's rather hypocritical in tweeting that. If she has to say something she should at least express regret or sorrow.
By Patrickov
Hindsite wrote:No one with common believes believes you don't hate anything. It is clear that you dislike Donald Trump. That really amounts to hate, not love.

Yes.

You also dislike his supporters. That is hate.

To be fair, many Trump supporters seem to justify their stance through their hate against the "establishment", "liberals" or "progressives". Conversely, some anti-Trumpers who cannot comprehend why this happened in the first place hate both Trump and those effectively support him.

Maybe we should all look at hate with a more neutral aspect, admit that it exists, and try to manage it instead of being controlled by it. It should not be taboo and it should not be seen as universally bad.

We should avoid using someone's hate as a point of counter-argument against his / her point, because it is irrelevant to the said point. Of course, if all one wants to do is to shut someone else up then it's something different, but one may as well admit that.
By Finfinder
Lets refresh and review how I came into this....... liberals like to pretend certain post never occurred on the same thread.

Drlee wrote:That would be great. Let's do it geographically. The blue states keep their stuff and the red ones theirs. Of course the blue states would be far wealthier but at least the red states could keep their dumbed down schools, medieval laws and substandard pay.

The ability of Trump supporters to ignore evidence is not surprising. It takes a certain amount of intelligence to understand obscure evidence like...you know....words.

my reply
Finfinder wrote:It does take a certain amount of intelligence to fully understand that the Red States could starve you out of existence at their will.

You see Late you should have taken Drlees course of action and left the conversation at that point.

late wrote:Are you drunk or high?

There was one comment about the states going separate ways. Even if we did (which we won't) Red states will still need commerce.

So that throws your... let's be nice and call them flights of fancy... out of the window.

Moving onto the next part. If Red states blocked transportation, that could mean war. How crazy do you want to get? The premise was "starving us out". We could import more, and grow more. Meat would get more expensive for a while, but it wouldn't exactly hurt most Americans to eat less meat... The price would go up for food, but we could ship across Canada, up from Latin and South America, there are a lot of countries south of the border that like money.

There are thousands of abandoned farms on the East coast. One of the things I advocate for is bringing back regional farming. The potential is enormous. It'd take some time, but it's very doable.

Most Red states get more money than they send in taxes. Quite a bit more. The butt ugly reality is you need us more than we need you.

Food insecurity is real. Ever hear of google?

First question is it even possible for you and Drlee to make a post without a personal attack or some type of insult?

You chimed into the discussion and I have proven you are so far out of you depth of understanding, food security is snow flake SJW term that has nothing really to with what we are debating here and I already answered on the last thread you just pretended I didn't. i

The butt ugly reality as you put it , is you don't even know the simple concept and difference of what a commodity, produce, and food are.

Liberals and farming are concept that are foreign and failing at the same time. Regional farming won't work because food prices are dervived from world supply and demand economics.

How are you elites running the Blue States going deal with your egg prices 5 times what they could be bought for in red states. How are you going satisfy the people? Hold guns to their heads and force them to pay those prices? Sounds like you are saying Blue States are going to run by communists. Does it mater how rich the Blue States are when you have hyper inflation.

But but ........But hey Drlee says Red State people are stupid and Blue States are smart and wealthy.
:lol:
By late
Finfinder wrote:

How are you elites running the Blue States going deal with your egg prices 5 times what they could be bought for in red states.

How are you going satisfy the people?

I get my eggs from a guy a couple miles up the road.

I already told you that. You don't know how to debate. We could ship via Canada, and increase imports from south of the border, and bring back local farming.

Not that your kooky fantasy will happen, Red states are welfare bums. I mentioned taxes, but I didn't mention all the government does for agriculture, or all those military bases you would suddenly be unable to afford.

Pop quiz: cutting off transport means an end to most Red state exports. So, add that decline in your GDP, with the loss of government funds to agricultural and retirement and several other things, and the loss of Fed government checks. Add it all up.

Frankly, this discussion is stupid beyond belief, as are your recent attempts to whitewash Trump.
By Finfinder
late wrote:I get my eggs from a guy a couple miles up the road.

Unfortunately its not always about you. How are 10 million people in the New York City area going to get their eggs? And even if you had the chickens where are you going to get the grain to feed the chickens that produce the eggs?

late wrote:Frankly, this discussion is stupid beyond belief, as are your recent attempts to whitewash Trump.

Of course you think it's stupid now, you thought you could chime in with some BS, throw a couple insults do your thing unfortunately, it didn't work out well for you.

have a good one

Hmm. How old is this guy? Could be he is not an[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So the question of why is the Liberal so stupid, i[…]

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]