Election 2020 - Page 219 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Rancid
Beren wrote:You actually do

Maybe you are right, they are smart, it's just they are selfish assholes. :lol:
By Finfinder
Drlee wrote:Yes. Slipped.

I think Trump is going to win a second term. And in doing so will convert the justice department into his personal enforcement arm. With the court in his pocket it will mean the virtual end of democracy in the US with no mechanism to get it back. He has a large army in 2nd amendment supporters he can call a militia and the coup will be complete.

I am not a liberal as you are trying to use the term. I am an originalist when it comes to the constitution. So, we are told to believe, is his likely replacement to Ginsburg. I do not believe that. An originalist, for example, would not allow Trump to declare fake emergencies and take appropriations away from the house.

If the right to appropriate money only becomes how much and not for what the house may as well disband. It will serve no purpose.

No Annitar. I can understand why you would like the US to fall and you have made it abundantly clear that you do, but for those of us living here a second Trump term will be very bad indeed.

So you are going with the talking point that if Trump is elected a bunch of red necks are going take over the country with shot guns?

That is in such contrast to who you portray yourself here on the forum and you wanting Joe Biden to win the presidency.
Since you are supposedly an originalist and believe in the literal interpretation of the constitution as apposed to the constitution being a living and breathing document, help us all out please explain in detail how it's possible to end the Democracy with the type of judges Trump has appointed. Also please explain how that would contrast with liberal judges Obama/Biden appointed (or will) to better protect the constitution. I think you are very confused. Lets just take your objections to Trumps list of Supreme court nominees and your views on immigration just for starters. I won't hold my breath but it would be interesting for you to clarify a few things.
By Drlee
So you are going with the talking point that if Trump is elected a bunch of red necks are going take over the country with shot guns?

No. They did that without the shotguns in 2016.

That is in such contrast to who you portray yourself here on the forum and you wanting Joe Biden to win the presidency.

I would vote for the donkey if it was the only alternative.

Since you are supposedly an originalist and believe in the literal interpretation of the constitution as apposed to the constitution being a living and breathing document,
:roll:

Do try to learn what the founders thought of the document before you make yet another foolish comment.

explain in detail how it's possible to end the Democracy with the type of judges Trump has appointed.

No. There is no chance you would understand and everyone else already knows.

Lets just take your objections to Trumps list of Supreme court nominees and your views on immigration just for starters. I won't hold my breath but it would be interesting for you to clarify a few things.

Off topic. Besides. I have posted this stuff many times before. I recommend you read my posts rather than make lazy ones.
By Finfinder
Drlee wrote:No. They did that without the shotguns in 2016.

I would vote for the donkey if it was the only alternative.

:roll:

Do try to learn what the founders thought of the document before you make yet another foolish comment.

No. There is no chance you would understand and everyone else already knows.

Off topic. Besides. I have posted this stuff many times before. I recommend you read my posts rather than make lazy ones.

Great you blatantly dodge the question, why won't you answer the question?

Obviously you are a very confused man because you are in fact not an originalist nor a conservative. You are classic bleeding heart liberal why do you continue this charade? Hilarious You are against Trumps court appointments and you are against Trumps immigration policy :lol:

yea sure you are an originalist you need to do a little more research sir......
@Drlee is an in the closet bleeding heart liberal.

Please explain in detail how Trumps court appointments will lead to the end of our Democracy.
By Drlee
Obviously you are a very confused man you are in fact not an originalist nor a conservative. You are classic bleeding heart liberal why do you continue this charade.
:lol:

Trump is not a conservative. Read my posts and tell me where I said I did not like his appointments? I actually said that this latest one was about as good as anyone could expect. I am not afraid of her religious fundamentalism. She is a charismatic type; speaking in tongues, prophecy and such.

Hilarious You are against Trumps court appointments you are against Trumps immigration policy :lol:

To be clear. I was against Kavanaugh because he was an unnecessarily divisive person. But than as a conservative I see government as collaborative and not combative. I believe it is important, once one is elected, to try to govern for all Americans. This is a conservative idea that has disappeared from the Republican Tribe entirely. I am OK with his judicial positions.

As for Trump's immigration policy:

He doesn't have one that has been carefully articulated. I find him FAR to lenient with immigration. No workplace enforcement = weak on immigration. The very idea of a wall is absurd in the extreme. It is expensive. It is an ecological disaster. And most importantly, it does not work. We need strong workplace enforcement. Full stop. FGS man. Trump's organization is advertising for cheap labor overseas.

yea sure you are an originalist you need maybe do a little more research sir...... @Drlee is an in the closet bleeding heart liberal.

Garbage. What is so Fox News of you is that you think calling someone a liberal is an insult. For most of my life the Republican Party was the liberal party on a great many issues. Race for example. The party actually decided to embrace the racist vote quite some time ago. It was a conscious decision. And it has served them well.

Please explain in detail how Trumps court appointments will lead to the end of Democracy.

I did not say that. You need to stop taking shit out of context. But if you want to look into the views of Trump appointees on Presidential power, you may learn something. I doubt you will bother.
By Doug64
A couple of pieces of campaign news that you’re not likely to hear much about from the MSM(D). First, Trump has picked up another endorsement:

Philly firefighters, paramedics union breaks with IAFF to endorse Trump

The Philadelphia chapter of the International Association of Fire Fighters broke with the IAFF on Tuesday to back President Trump for reelection over his Democratic rival Joseph R. Biden.

Michael Bresnan, president of the Philadelphia Firefighters’ and Paramedics’ Union, Local 22 of the IAFF, said the national group’s endorsement of Mr. Biden was done without canvassing local chapters and rank-and-file members.

Mr. Bresnan said Local 22 members were surveyed and “overwhelmingly” chose Mr. Trump.

“They know what is at stake in this election and this endorsement should be a wake-up call to IAFF leaders that have lost touch with the will of the membership,” he said. “There is tremendous support for President Trump among first responders and we encourage other IAFF locals to confer with their members.”

Mr. Bresnan said IAFF Local 22 represents the interests of more than 4,700 current and retired firefighters, paramedics, and EMTs.

The IAFF was one of the first major unions to endorse Mr. Biden for president last year.

The national group abandoned early tentative plans to endorse Hillary Clinton in 2016 and ultimately did not make an official endorsement in the contest between Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Trump.

Mr. Biden frequently mentions unions and firefighters in his campaign speeches, using various versions of a line that “God made man and then he made some firefighters.”

He was heckled in August as he delivered pizzas to firefighters during a campaign stop in Pittsburgh.

“Hey, Joe! You finally got out of the basement!” said a protester from atop a truck.

“Don’t jump! Don’t jump!” Mr. Biden replied.

Mr. Biden could well have to run up the score on Mr. Trump in Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs if he hopes to win Pennsylvania, which Mr. Trump carried in 2016 by about 44,000 votes.

And second, for the debate tonight, with a little pre-event jockeying:

Biden rejects request to inspect his ears prior to debate, Trump campaign says

The Trump campaign said Democrat Joseph R. Biden refused their request to have a third party inspect his ears for electronic devices prior to Tuesday night’s first presidential debate.

The Biden campaign, in turn, said Team Trump requested that the debate moderator not mention the number of Americans who have died from COVID-19.

The jockeying came hours before both candidates squared off for the first of their three debates.

“Joe Biden’s handlers several days ago agreed to a pre-debate inspection for electronic earpieces but today abruptly reversed themselves and declined,” said Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh.

He also said Mr. Biden’s handlers asked for “multiple breaks during the debate, which Mr. Trump doesn’t need.”

“We have rejected that request,” Mr. Murtaugh said.

Biden campaign spokeswoman Kate Bedingfield said the Democrat isn’t wearing an earpiece and that he never asked for breaks.

She countered that the Trump campaign requested that debate moderator Chris Wallace not mention the number of deaths from COVID-19.

Mr. Murtaugh retorted on Twitter, “This is a lie and it never happened. This is the height of playing politics with a public health crisis. Biden is trying to distract from the facts that he won’t submit to an inspection for earpieces, won’t take a drug test, and needs multiple breaks during the 90-minute debate.”

Mr. Murtaugh accused Mr. Biden of looking for help in the highly anticipated debate, which starts in Cleveland at 9 p.m. Eastern.

“On top of the refusal to take a drug test, it seems pretty obvious that the Biden team is looking for any safety net they can find in the hours leading up to the debate,” he said. “With his 47 years as a failed Washington politician, how much help does Biden want?”
By Drlee
As a conservative I find public employee unions to be against my beliefs. They should be banned. If Trump was a conservative he would say so. He is not though. He is a big spending white nationalist.
By Stormsmith
Drlee wrote:As a conservative I find public employee unions to be against my beliefs. They should be banned. If Trump was a conservative he would say so. He is not though. He is a big spending white nationalist.

I wonder why
By colliric
Sadly I'm working but I'll watch it when I get home. Sounds like a good one so far.
By colliric
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/t ... ssion=true

Must have been one for the ages....

Both sides naturally think they won. But it sounds like Trump certainly achieved his goals while Biden was bamboozled (even if you think Biden won it).

National Review and Fox News think Trump won because he achieved his obvious goal of absolutely dominating the debate, others think Biden won because "he looked saner".
By JohnRawls
TLDR version of the debate:

1) Biden didn't implode like Trumpists wanted.

2) "Shut up, man" was brilliant.

3) The rest you can decide for yourself depending on your ideological leaning and preference.
By Doug64
colliric wrote:Both sides naturally think they won. But it sounds like Trump certainly achieved his goals while Biden was bamboozled (even if you think Biden won it).

While I didn’t watch the debate I have caught some of the clips, and there was one question Trump had no problem giving Biden a chance to answer—whether he agreed with packing the Supreme Court. Biden flat-out refused to provide that answer.
By Doug64
And here's this week's Rasmussen White House Watch (I toss in the subcategories for fun, but don't take them too seriously--smaller samples means wider margin of error and more swingy). It looks like the initial impact of the Barrett nomination is definitely hurting Trump:

If the presidential race in 2020 was between Donald Trump and Joe Biden, who would you vote for?

• Donald Trump 43% (-4)
    • Joe Biden 51% (+3)
    • Some other candidate 3%
    • Not sure 3% (+1)

Male (48%)
    • Donald Trump 46% (-2)
    • Joe Biden 49% (+2)
    • Some other candidate 3% (+1)
    • Not sure 2%

Female (52%)
    • Donald Trump 41% (-5)
    • Joe Biden 52% (+2)
    • Some other candidate 3%
    • Not sure 5% (+2)

Age 18-39 (36%)
    • Donald Trump 41% (-9)
    • Joe Biden 52% (+6)
    • Some other candidate 3% (-1)
    • Not sure 5% (+4)

Age 40-64 (48%)
    • Donald Trump 45% (-1)
    • Joe Biden 51% (+3)
    • Some other candidate 1% (-1)
    • Not sure 3%

Age 65+ (17%)
    • Donald Trump 43% (-1)
    • Joe Biden 53% (+1)
    • Some other candidate 1%
    • Not sure 2% (-1)

Whites (70%)
    • Donald Trump 45% (-5)
    • Joe Biden 49% (+3)
    • Some other candidate 2%
    • Not sure 4% (+2)

Blacks (12%)
    • Donald Trump 19% (-13)
    • Joe Biden 74% (+10)
    • Some other candidate 3% (+1)
    • Not sure 4% (+1)

Others (18%)
    • Donald Trump 52% (+5)
    • Joe Biden 39% (-8)
    • Some other candidate 7% (+3)
    • Not sure 2% (-1)

Republicans (33%)
    • Donald Trump 79% (-4)
    • Joe Biden 17% (+3)
    • Some other candidate 2% (+1)
    • Not sure 2% (+1)

Independents (30%)
    • Donald Trump 39% (-9)
    • Joe Biden 47% (+5)
    • Some other candidate 7% (+2)
    • Not sure 7% (+2)

Democrats (37%)
    • Donald Trump 14%
    • Joe Biden 84% (+1)
    • Not sure 1%

Attended High School
    • Donald Trump 55% (+3)
    • Joe Biden 42% (-2)
    • Some other candidate 2% (-3)
    • Not sure 0%

High School Graduate
    • Donald Trump 57%
    • Joe Biden 38% (+2)
    • Some other candidate 2% (-1)
    • Not sure 3% (-1)

Attended College
    • Donald Trump 45% (-4)
    • Joe Biden 46% (-1)
    • Some other candidate 7% (+5)
    • Not sure 2%

College Graduate
    • Donald Trump 41% (-6)
    • Joe Biden 53% (+5)
    • Some other candidate 2% (-1)
    • Not sure 3% (+1)

Graduate School
    • Donald Trump 32% (-4)
    • Joe Biden 62% (+2)
    • Not sure 5% (+3)
By Pants-of-dog
I read an article recently that pointed out that the changes in demographics was enough to erase the slim majorities that Trump eked out in those crucial swing states. It will be interesting to see if educated whites and BIPOC can stop Trump this time.
By Wulfschilde

Here's a Biden ad that has some ominous music playing about how Trump supposedly refuses to condemn white supremacists, with subtitles, where he says that he will do it twice right in the beginning and that is in the subtitles, yet the message being intimated is clearly that Trump supposedly refused to do it :?:

I really hate white liberals and this constant bold-faced lying that they do. That these deranged, drug-addled little bitches uses terms like "dog whistle" while regularly pushing stuff like this can't be explained in a civil way. Relatedly, Lin Wood (attorney for the Covington Catholic school kid among other things) is suing Biden and his campaign for suggesting that Kyle Rittenhouse is a white supremacist in this ad.
By Doug64
And here’s a fact check that actually gets it right:

Treasury reports rebut Biden's 'totally false' claims about Hunter's cash haul

Democratic presidential nominee Joseph R. Biden flatly denied at Tuesday night’s debate that his lawyer son took huge sums of money from corrupt oligarchs and Chinese communists during his vice presidency, but Treasury Department reports show that Hunter Biden did receive the money.

President Trump chose to make an issue of Hunter Biden’s cash haul from Russia, Ukraine and China with the implication that unsavory figures were trying to buy Vice President Biden and the Obama administration.

“When somebody gets 3½ million dollars from the mayor of Moscow,” Mr. Trump said.

“That’s is not true. That report is totally false,” Mr. Biden said.

A Senate Republican report by the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee says Mr. Trump is right, though it was not Moscow’s mayor, but his wife, whom the U.S. suspects of corruption in attaining billionaire status.

Hunter Biden received a single wire transfer of $3.5 million from Elena Baturina. The Senate report said she became a billionaire through illegal construction contracts awarded by her husband, since deceased.

This is based on Treasury Department reports received by committee Chairman Ron Johnson, Wisconsin Republican, and Senate Finance Committee Chairman Charles E. Grassley, Iowa Republican.

The Senate narrative is not specific, but the types of transaction records match the description of confidential suspicious activity reports that the Treasury issues when it suspects illegal activity.

The Senate report says, “On Feb. 14, 2014, Baturina wired $3.5 million to a Rosemont Seneca Thornton LLC (Rosemont Seneca Thornton) bank account for a ‘Consultancy Agreement.’ Rosemont Seneca Thornton is an investment firm co-founded by Hunter Biden that was incorporated on May 28, 2013 in Wilmington, Del.”

Russia invaded Crimea in Ukraine the month Ms. Baturina sent the money.

“Why did he get it?” Mr. Trump asked.

“That report was written for political reasons,” Mr. Biden said.

Mr. Trump asserted, “Once you became vice president, he made a fortune in Ukraine, in China, in Moscow and various other places.”

Mr. Biden responded, “That is not true.”

According to the senators’ Treasury records, it is true.

In April 2014, President Obama made Mr. Biden the point man in Ukraine, after the Russian invasion, to persuade leaders to rid the country of rampant corruption.

The next month, Hunter Biden showed up on the board of directors of the energy company Burisma Holdings, which the State Department considers corrupt, as it does its oligarch owner, Mykola Zlochevsky. Hunter Biden’s business partner, Devon Archer, already had secured a spot.

Over the years, Burisma paid the two more than $4 million. Treasury records show that 48 wire transfers from May 2014 to February 2016 totaled $3.4 million. The money went to Rosemont Seneca Bohai, a shell company run by Mr. Archer in partnership with a Chinese investment fund.

In 2014 and 2015, Burisma sent $700,000 directly to Hunter Biden. After Mr. Archer was arrested on fraud charges, Burisma sent Hunter Biden another $752,000.

On China, Vice President Biden promoted closer ties to the communist regime on many fronts. He traveled to China in 2013 on Air Force Two and took along Hunter, who met with Chinese businessmen.

“China ate your lunch, Joe,” Mr. Trump said Tuesday night. “And no wonder your son goes in and he takes out billions of dollars. He takes out billions of dollars to manage. He makes millions of dollars.”

Mr. Biden said, “None of that is true.”

The Bidens have adamantly denied reports that Hunter Biden’s investment firm received a $1 billion infusion.

But the Senate report documents extensive ties between Hunter Biden and various Chinese entities that produced millions of dollars in wire transfers.

In one example, China’s CEFC Infrastructure Investment wired $5 million to HudsonWest LLC, a New York company jointly owned by Hunter Biden and Chinese interests. HudsonWest then sent $4.7 million to Hunter Biden’s law firm. The next year, another $1 million was delivered.

Hunter Biden sent 20 wire transfers totaling $1.3 million to Vice President Biden’s brother James for consulting services. Treasury flagged the transfers as potentially criminal, the Senate report said.

When the bank contacted James Biden’s wife, Sara, to learn details, she refused to cooperate, the Senate report said.

“Hunter Biden has extensive connections to Chinese businesses and Chinese foreign nationals that are linked to the Communist government,” the Senate report said. “Those contacts bore financial fruit when his father was vice president and after he left office.”

The Senate report also said Hunter Biden sent money to Ukrainian and Russian women. The Treasury reports said the transactions are linked to “what appears to be an Eastern European prostitution or human trafficking ring.”

Mr. Johnson, the Senate homeland security panel chairman, wrote in a FoxNews.com column Tuesday that liberal news media have ignored his report showing disturbing ties between the Biden family and corrupt people.
By Beren

It's all decided, folks, it's all decided. The Rock just weighed in and it's all decided. Maybe they should have weighed in together with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Just leave the thread, please, just leave the thread calmly and peacefully. Would the last one be so kind and switch off the lights, please? Thank you.

Is there anyone messing with the constitution? A president or someone? The Rock will deal with them fast, or even faster.

By jimjam

Fat Donald's poll watchers stand by
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Godstud did you ever have to go through any of […]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]