Election 2020 - Page 20 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Rich
#15032146
Well if Poco does end up as the nominee, hopefully trans-racism can be made a significant issue of the campaign. Why shouldn't White people change race to get some of the huge privileges that people of darkness have in America?
User avatar
By blackjack21
#15032151
Code Rood wrote:I wonder why the media went with the Russia nonsense instead of the obvious Israeli collusion. You know, something that can actually be easily proven?

Ownership and management of major media enterprises may have something to do with it.

Code Rood wrote:That's garbage and it's not what was promised.

It is substantially more robust than the fencing there now.

Code Rood wrote:Funny how Trump doesn't face much (if any) trouble and doesn't make compromises when it comes to what Netanyahu needs. Only then everyone seems aboard.

Trump did not hide his pro-Israel views before running.

Code Rood wrote:So we agree it only really benefits the rich.

The corporate tax cuts do, as most equities are owned by rich people. However, it has very different competitive effects as profits repatriate to the US. Individual income tax cuts are mostly to the middle and working classes. They actually hurt the very rich as SALT deductions are limited.

Code Rood wrote:Sure, you can call it an accomplishment, but it's not a huge accomplishment that will affect and/or benefit society at large.

It does help with unemployment and gross investment.

Code Rood wrote:Last time I checked there are still troops in the mid-east.

Trump didn't start the war on ISIS, Al Qaeda or the Taliban.
By Code Rood
#15032158
blackjack21 wrote:Ownership and management of major media enterprises may have something to do with it.


You better take it easy now. You're about to take this to another level and enter the danger zone. Do you want people to go completely nuts and scream out the same old buzzwords?

blackjack21 wrote:It is substantially more robust than the fencing there now.


It's still a joke. The US isn't going to have a good wall paid for by Mexico, but there is a good wall in Israel that has been paid for by US taxpayers.

blackjack21 wrote:Trump did not hide his pro-Israel views before running.


I know. What's your point here?

blackjack21 wrote:Trump didn't start the war on ISIS, Al Qaeda or the Taliban.


Where did I say that?
User avatar
By jimjam
#15032167
Trump hatred is a much more potent force in this country than Trump love. The year 2020 will produce a second blue wave on at least the scale of the first in 2018 and finally will crash and shatter the Republican Party. The Republican Party, that foul agglomeration of bigotry and avarice that has turned American politics into a dystopian farce, will not just be defeated but destroyed and a Democratic Party liberated from the nation’s suffocating polarization could then use government to advance the public good. We are at a turning point just as we were in 1932 when F.D.R. ushered in a period of government attempting to do the greatest good for the greatest number of citizens ……. not the greatest number of billionaires and corporations. It's all about class warfare, always has been and always will be.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15032168
jimjam wrote:We are at a turning point just as we were in 1932 when F.D.R. ushered in a period of government attempting to do the greatest good for the greatest number of citizens


So those fuckers streaming across our borders and entering our country illegally get nothing?

Sounds good to me!
By Code Rood
#15032177
BigSteve wrote:So those fuckers streaming across our borders and entering our country illegally get nothing?

Sounds good to me!


You just want them to come legally, right? :roll:

The pathetic Israel-firster GOP is probably doomed once the (evangelical) boomers (whom haven't questioned a single damn thing in their lives) are out of the picture, even if you ended all illegal and legal immigration right now. Demographics simply aren't in the favour of the GOP, and they never really had the balls or will to address that issue head on when they still had an actual chance.

Oh well. At least the Republicans can be happy that America's greatest ally is going to get everything of importance out of the US just in time before its inevitable downfall. That will make the Republican sleep at night.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15032182
Code Rood wrote:You just want them to come legally, right? :roll:


Absolutely. Not sure why you included the eye roll, unless you're on of those non-thinkers who believe that all conservatives hate those libs like to refer to as "brown people".

If they're coming here legally, they are most welcome in my book.

The rest of you post seemed to be little more than drunken drivel which didn't really warrant any attention...
By Code Rood
#15032183
BigSteve wrote:Absolutely. Not sure why you included the eye roll, unless you're on of those non-thinkers who believe that all conservatives hate those libs like to refer to as "brown people".

If they're coming here legally, they are most welcome in my book.

The rest of you post seemed to be little more than drunken drivel which didn't really warrant any attention...


You just don't get it, do you?
User avatar
By jimjam
#15032186
According to recent PEW data 62 percent of Americans say that immigrants strengthen the country, while 28 percent, a near record low, see them as a burden.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15032192
Code Rood wrote:You just don't get it, do you?


Don't get what? It would appear as though any comprehension problem here is yours.

Illegal immigration is an unnecessary burden. The illegal pigs who come here deserve nothing.

If they choose to come here legally, then they should be welcomed with open arms. If they choose to come here illegally, they can die in the fuckin' desert for all I care...
By Code Rood
#15032195
BigSteve wrote:Don't get what? It would appear as though any comprehension problem here is yours.

Illegal immigration is an unnecessary burden. The illegal pigs who come here deserve nothing.

If they choose to come here legally, then they should be welcomed with open arms. If they choose to come here illegally, they can die in the fuckin' desert for all I care...


So you really don't think demographics is an issue, do you? I agree with you that illegals deserve nothing, but everything is going to be fine if these illegals simply turned around and came back legally? Nothing will change if you're going to continue to welcome countless of African, Arab, Mestizo etc. legal immigrants? You really think this?
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15032199
Code Rood wrote:So you really don't think demographics is an issue, do you? I agree with you that illegals deserve nothing, but everything is going to be fine if these illegals simply turned around and came back legally? Nothing will change if you're going to continue to welcome countless of African, Arab, Mestizo etc. legal immigrants? You really think this?


My position is based on an appreciation for what is right and what is wrong.

I don't care if that's not good enough for you...
By Code Rood
#15032202
BigSteve wrote:My position is based on an appreciation for what is right and what is wrong.

I don't care if that's not good enough for you...


You describe yourself as a nationalist, but apparently you don't really care about your future or the future of your country.

You don't really care if a society radically changes as long as it was done legally. No offense, but that's kind of weak.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15032207
Code Rood wrote:You describe yourself as a nationalist, but apparently you don't really care about your future or the future of your country.

You don't really care if a society radically changes as long as it was done legally. No offense, but that's kind of weak.


As I said, I don't give a fuck if my reasoning is good enough for you. Your opinion is utterly meaningless.

The fact of the matter is that immigration; LEGAL immigration, has helped to make the United States the greatest country on the planet. It's ignorant and stupid to think that someone who wants their country to remain great would have a problem with legal immigration...
By Code Rood
#15032214
BigSteve wrote:As I said, I don't give a fuck if my reasoning is good enough for you. Your opinion is utterly meaningless.


:excited:

BigSteve wrote:The fact of the matter is that immigration; LEGAL immigration, has helped to make the United States the greatest country on the planet. It's ignorant and stupid to think that someone who wants their country to remain great would have a problem with legal immigration...


Okay. Have fun with the legal immigrants from countries like Somalia and Pakistan, if you ever get to meet them. You're lucky that you're not in your 20's or younger anymore.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15032226
Code Rood wrote::excited:

Okay. Have fun with the legal immigrants from countries like Somalia and Pakistan, if you ever get to meet Them. You're lucky that you're not in your 20's or younger anymore.


Not sure what that has to do with anything, but thank you for proving that you're incapable of refuting my point...
By foxdemon
#15032292
Sigh! The Democrats are trying to start impeachment proceedings......again!

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/06/house-judiciary-dems-impeachment-trump-1484435


...

Advocates of opening a formal impeachment inquiry against Trump have clamored for the Judiciary Committee to more clearly spell out the contours of its investigation -- a move they hope strengthens the House’s hand in a handful of court cases to obtain evidence and testimony against the president.

In early August, Nadler publicly declared that his committee had already launched impeachment proceedings despite taking no formal vote to do so. The claim sparked confusion, even among some Democrats, who sought clarification as they faced questions from progressive constituents about the status of the House's effort to recommend Trump's removal from office.

The committee has also repeatedly described an ongoing “impeachment investigation” in court filings submitted during the recess, part of legal efforts to compel testimony from witnesses to allegations that Trump attempted to obstruct an investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election. By declaring impeachment under active consideration, the committee has sought to convince judges of the urgency of providing Democrats with the evidence they're seeking.

...



OK, so they have got nothing, but they are sure an impeachment probe will find something. They have been trying this stunt from the day Trump was inaugurated. The cry is that no one is above the law, including the President. Yes, this is true. And furthermore, if a person or group tried to persisted take someone to court over frivolous charges, the court would throw them out on the grounds that they are being vexatious.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vexatious_litigation

Vexatious litigation is legal action which is brought solely to harass or subdue an adversary. It may take the form of a primary frivolous lawsuit or may be the repetitive, burdensome, and unwarranted filing of meritless motions in a matter which is otherwise a meritorious cause of action. Filing vexatious litigation is considered an abuse of the judicial process and may result in sanctions against the offender.



I completely agree that no one is above the law. So will the courts now throw the impeacher camp into jail for abusing the legal system?
By Code Rood
#15032297
BigSteve wrote:Not sure what that has to do with anything, but thank you for proving that you're incapable of refuting my point...


You don't really have a point. The world is not what it once was, genius. You're probably just some stubborn boomer who rides his Harley, still likes songs like ''Rock You Like A Hurricane'' and is simply incapable of walking in someone elses shoes. You don't really care what you're going to leave behind when you're gone, do you?

The Hart-Celler act has lead to alienation, low-trust and a mess. Bringing in people from around the world isn't logical and doesn't really make a country better. In fact, it has done the exact opposite.

It would make sense for a country that's majority European to bring in mainly European immigrants when needed as it once was, not immigrants from countries that many people probably have never even heard of before 9/11.
User avatar
By BigSteve
#15032352
Code Rood wrote:You don't really have a point.


My point is that immigration is fine. The United States benefits from all immigrants coming here, not just European immigrants...

The world is not what it once was, genius. You're probably just some stubborn boomer who rides his Harley, still likes songs like ''Rock You Like A Hurricane'' and is simply incapable of walking in someone elses shoes. You don't really care what you're going to leave behind when you're gone, do you?


Name-calling. Nice. That's proof positive right there that you likely lack the intellectual wherewithal to engage in a reasoned, mature discussion on the issue.

But, yeah, I ride my Harleys; at least one of them every day (I have six of them). I never liked the Scorpions, so you're wrong on that. Hell, that song's probably the reason I dislike them so much.

What do you think I'll "leave behind"?

The Hart-Celler act has lead to alienation, low-trust and a mess. Bringing in people from around the world isn't logical and doesn't really make a country better. In fact, it has done the exact opposite.


The Immigration Act of 1924 was pretty discriminatory in nature, heavily favoring immigrants from western Europe. While you whine about countries people had never heard of before 9/11, the Hart Celler Act also allowed for the immigration of people from the far east, most notably Japan. I don't know of a single non-racist who would argue that the United States hasn't benefited from that...

It would make sense for a country that's majority European to bring in mainly European immigrants when needed as it once was, not immigrants from countries that many people probably have never even heard of before 9/11.


Please explain how that makes sense.

Yours is a rather myopic view if you think Hart-Celler is only about people from the Middle East.

What are you so afraid of?
By Code Rood
#15032376
BigSteve wrote:My point is that immigration is fine. The United States benefits from all immigrants coming here, not just European immigrants...


The United States doesn't benefit from all immigrants. That's a lie. Japanese? Sure, most of them seem like pretty good and hardworking people. Somalians? Clearly not. But the point is that you have to have a sense of a nation, whether the non-European immigrants are good or bad is not even really the issue. You can't just dump the whole world in one place and hope for the best.

BigSteve wrote:But, yeah, I ride my Harleys; at least one of them every day (I have six of them). I never liked the Scorpions, so you're wrong on that. Hell, that song's probably the reason I dislike them so much.


:)

BigSteve wrote:What do you think I'll "leave behind"


For one, a society that's unrecognizable compared to the one you grew up in as a child. It's a radical change.

BigSteve wrote:The Immigration Act of 1924 was pretty discriminatory in nature, heavily favoring immigrants from western Europe.


So what? Discrimination will never go away. Now they discriminate against white Americans by diversifying jobs or their neighbourhoods for being too white. It's good and healthy to have one dominant identity and culture in place. That's much better than a confused society that can only be temporary kept together through mindless consumerism.
  • 1
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 122

https://www.reddit.com/r/2020PoliceBrutality/comme[…]

Am I racist in your opinion?

It's possible I'm just disinterested in debating […]

Imagine believing that the secret to not being a […]

Donald in the Bunker

In further irony, Trump's extended cordon around […]