Donald's Election Year War With Iran - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
It’s sad to see how distrustful our allies have become toward America. Instead of forcing Iran into submission, Washington’s incompetent bullying of Europe and Asia to join Iran sanctions has managed to antagonize our oldest friends, push Iran back toward a nuclear path and increase the risk of war.

The American hard-liners are quite right that the regime is unpopular because of its corruption, incompetence and repression. But Iran also has a deep nationalist streak, and Trump already seems to be strengthening hard-liners in Tehran.

Negotiations are frustrating, imperfect and uncertain, and they may seem less satisfying than dropping bombs. But America has suffered huge self-inflicted wounds because of its invasion of Iraq 16 years ago.
I wonder if Trump just means to help Bibi's reelection with this. He and Pompeo had to say they don't want war because the military has made it clear to them that they don't go to war with Iran and they may have made it clear to the Russians as well perhaps, however, flexing muscles and posturing is still possible and they will keep the Strait of Hormuz permeable too.
jimjam wrote:Dear Mr. President, members of the Congress: Want war with Iran? Send your sons and daughters first!

Khomeini declared a fatwa against Salmon Rushdie. Agents of Iran have attempted to carry it out. The fatwa is still in place. He is now an American citizen and a knight of the British Empire. Its is a matter of national honour for Both Britain and America, that all those responsible be brought to justice and hopefully where appropriate face the death penalty. Its high time we taught these Muslim terrorists how to behave.

The Fatwa was a completely unprovoked act of war by Iran against the West. I would gladly volunteer to help bring these Muslim terrorists to justice. Its sickening the way that lefties Liberals try and portray Trump as the aggressor. The Muslim has been the aggressor for 1400 years. In the sick and twisted Marxist rewriting of history even the Crusaders have been demonised, when all those brave Christian warriors attempted to do was to free lands from their Muslim terrorist occupiers.
Rich wrote:Khomeini declared a fatwa against Salmon Rushdie. Agents of Iran have attempted to carry it out. The fatwa is still in place. He is now an American citizen and a knight of the British Empire. Its is a matter of national honour for Both Britain and America, that all those responsible be brought to justice and hopefully where appropriate face the death penalty. Its high time we taught these Muslim terrorists how to behave.

The Fatwa was a completely unprovoked act of war by Iran against the West. I would gladly volunteer to help bring these Muslim terrorists to justice. Its sickening the way that lefties Liberals try and portray Trump as the aggressor. The Muslim has been the aggressor for 1400 years. In the sick and twisted Marxist rewriting of history even the Crusaders have been demonised, when all those brave Christian warriors attempted to do was to free lands from their Muslim terrorist occupiers.

Give me a fucking break; you'd see Christianity and Judaism end as much as Islam :roll:

And the Crusaders? They were the warriors of an expanding Empire of the Papacy more than the Ghazi Jihadists were of Islam, and all hands bloody with the life of Orthodox Christians and the heathen lands East of the Elbe and North of the Danube.
Thatsnumberwang wrote:John Bolton's attempts to goad Iran have been pretty pathetic so far. The Japanese vessel that was supposedly hit by an Iranian mine was clearly damaged above water line.

Those idiots must be too dumb to know that mines can be attached to the hull of a ship above the water line.

US: Video shows Iran removing unexploded mine from tanker

CNN
Published on Jun 14, 2019

The United States military has released a video that it says shows an Iranian navy boat removing an unexploded mine attached to the hull of the Japanese-owned chemical tanker Kokura Courageous, one of two tankers attacked in the Gulf of Oman.

A limpet mine is a type of naval mine attached to a target by magnets. Usually limpet mines are set off by a time fuse. Sometimes limpet mines have been fitted with a small turbine which would detonate the mine after the ship had sailed a certain distance. Obviously, these two limpet mines attached to the hull of this ship was detonated by a time fuse.

Magnetized limpet mines -- a favorite of Iran -- becomes focus in tanker attacks for U.S.
By Ben Wolfgang - The Washington Times - Monday, June 17, 2019

Motorcyclists in Tehran attached similar magnet bombs to the cars of top Iranian nuclear scientists in 2010. The deadly bombs did not technically meet the definition of limpet mines because they were used on land. The explosions were small but devastating, and the aftermath was riddled with finger-pointing.

Analysts say limpet mines are ideal weapons for Iran’s campaign against massive ships in Middle East waters, particularly if the goal is to target and disable commercial vessels without sinking them or inflicting casualties. Instead, the strikes result in confusion and debatable allegations of culpability.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -official/
Rich wrote:Its sickening the way that lefties Liberals

liberals? conservatives? Spare me the simple minded political nonsense. Some of us are simply tired of America dreaming up phony wars, a la Gulf of Tonkin ,simply to feed the military industrial complex.
jimjam wrote:Some of us are simply tired of America dreaming up phony wars, a la Gulf of Tonkin ,simply to feed the military industrial complex.

What planet are you on, because it doesn't seem to be the same one as I'm on? There was nothing phony about the relentless advance of red terror. Winston Churchill, the great and noble war monger argued for war against the Soviet terror state after WWI. The siren voices of demented peaceniks said there was no need and we watched as the Communists occupied or took over the Ukraine, Crimea, central Asia, Mongolia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, China, Tibet, East Kazakhstan, North Vietnam, North Korea and Cuba. There were many before they set their sights on South Vietnam and many after: Laos, Cambodia, Angola, Mozambique, Ethiopia.

It was America's manifest destiny to reach coast to coast and to dominate the Americas and the Pacific. It was Americas manifest duty to lead the defence of the free world.
What planet are you on, because it doesn't seem to be the same one as I'm on? There was nothing phony about the relentless advance of red terror. Winston Churchill, the great and noble war monger argued for war against the Soviet terror state after WWI. The siren voices of demented peaceniks said there was no need and we watched as the Communists occupied or took over the Ukraine, Crimea, central Asia, Mongolia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, China, Tibet, East Kazakhstan, North Vietnam, North Korea and Cuba. There were many before they set their sights on South Vietnam and many after: Laos, Cambodia, Angola, Mozambique, Ethiopia.

The "peaceniks" were right eventually the soviet union collapsed and if ww3 would start in 1946 the soviets would have won
Zionist Nationalist wrote:The "peaceniks" were right eventually the soviet union collapsed and if ww3 would start in 1946 the soviets would have won

Churchill wanted war after WWI not after WWII. By 1946 the situation was already dire, millions upon million had already died under Communism, and tens of millions more would die unnecessary premature deaths. The collapse of he Soviet Union came too late for them and any way the people of China, Cuba, Vietnam and North Korea are still not free of their Communist instituted parasite dictatorships.

If the Soviet terror machine had been extirpated in 1919, there would almost certainly have been no Nazi rule. There certainly would have been no Nazi Communist alliance to crush Poland form both sides.
Rich wrote:Churchill wanted war after WWI not after WWII. By 1946 the situation was already dire, millions upon million had already died under Communism, and tens of millions more would die unnecessary premature deaths. The collapse of he Soviet Union came too late for them and any way the people of China, Cuba, Vietnam and North Korea are still not free of their Communist instituted parasite dictatorships.

If the Soviet terror machine had been extirpated in 1919, there would almost certainly have been no Nazi rule. There certainly would have been no Nazi Communist alliance to crush Poland form both sides.

This is wishful thinking
the result of this war may led a fast Nazi vicotry or even a Russian government that would side with the Nazis under some conditions
we would never know but I doubt a war against Communists in 1919 would have been a good idea britain already lost 700k men they would lose another hundreds of thousands if invaded Russia

Soviet invasion of Poland was 100% justified as it was liberating its territories in Belarus and Ukraine that were taken by Poland and by holding those territories it later helped the soviet to hold off the Wehrmacht from Moscow during winter 1941
Rich wrote:What planet are you on, because it doesn't seem to be the same one as I'm on? There was nothing phony about the relentless advance of red terror. Winston Churchill, the great and noble war monger argued for war against the Soviet terror state after WWI. The siren voices of demented peaceniks said there was no need and we watched as the Communists occupied or took over the Ukraine, Crimea, central Asia, Mongolia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, China, Tibet, East Kazakhstan, North Vietnam, North Korea and Cuba. There were many before they set their sights on South Vietnam and many after: Laos, Cambodia, Angola, Mozambique, Ethiopia.

It was America's manifest destiny to reach coast to coast and to dominate the Americas and the Pacific. It was Americas manifest duty to lead the defence of the free world.

Ummmm …… Gulf of Tonkin incident ……. 58,220 American dead and uncounted(yellow skin is not counted) Vietnamese based upon lies to justify a war against a country that posed no threat whatsoever to America. The original American report blamed North Vietnam , but the Pentagon Papers, the memoirs of Robert McNamara, and NSA publications from 2005 proved material misrepresentation by the US government to justify a war against Vietnam.

"Manifest Destiny/duty"? Near as I can tell this croc of shit justifies that America can start wars anywhere in the world because we have been given the O.K. by God himself. I guess God gave the O.K. to President Polk to start a war with Mexico in 1846 which resulted in massive territorial gains including the birth place of millions of "demented peaceniks" …. California :lol: .

Do not waste my time responding to this. We obviously live on different planets and, additionally, I must take out the garbage now.
@Rich ;

Churchill wanted war after WWI not after WWII. By 1946 the situation was already dire, millions upon million had already died under Communism, and tens of millions more would die unnecessary premature deaths.

Churchill was never bothered by the deaths of millions anywhere at the hands of anybody, and considering that he was one of the persons responsible FOR WWI, much of the blood spilled was upon his hands to begin with.

And so to with the Bolshevik conquest of Russia. Fact is is that there would have been no Russia in existence today had the Whites won the Russian Civil War, the territory of Russia would have been divided up by European powers into petty and weak states incapable of rising up against Imperialist aggression... Oh wait, that's ALWAYS been the main idea, and is-almost- the case today!

The collapse of he Soviet Union came too late for them and any way the people of China, Cuba, Vietnam and North Korea are still not free of their Communist instituted parasite dictatorships.

You're absolutely right, these nations would have been ruled by Fascists by now had the Soviet Union not existed. I can see why you'd be pissed about that not happening.

If the Soviet terror machine had been extirpated in 1919, there would almost certainly have been no Nazi rule

Had the ''Soviet Terror Machine'' not existed, I figure the whole world would have been Fascist, given the misery of the Post-WW1 period and the inevitable Great Depression, and the worldviews of millions of people on imperialism, race and militarism. Germany might well have held the balance of power in the Old World eventually, and pretty well ''Nazi'' in ideology if not in name.

. There certainly would have been no Nazi Communist alliance to crush Poland form both sides.

There was no ''alliance'', that is a lie. What there was was a mutual non-aggression pact between Germany and the Soviet Union (the Soviet Union being the last country to sign one with Nazi Germany), with zones of non-interference laid out beyond which the other party would not go. After Germany invaded Poland, the Polish government fled as a body to a neutral country with a non-aggression treaty with Germany-Romania-and therefore the Polish government was detained by the Romanian military and therefore legally ceased to exist. (Had Romania not detained Poland's government and order it dissolved when they fled there, it would have been an act of war against Germany) Poland no longer having a State and German troops continuing to march eastwards, the Soviet Union did the rational self-interested thing and occupied that part East of the zone at the Bug river. There was no way Hitler could be allowed to occupy all of Poland and then foment a Fascist insurrection in the Ukraine or anywhere else.

Sorry to expose your malevolent crypto-fascism Rich, but somebody has to tell the truth.
jimjam wrote:Do not waste my time responding to this. We obviously live on different planets and, additionally, I must take out the garbage now.

It would also be nice if you would stop posting garbage.
Hindsite wrote:It would also be nice if you would stop posting garbage.

It is called free speech my friend. Happy fourth of July ……. and E. Pluribus Unum (out of many, one) to you and the Great Divider, Obese Donald.
jimjam wrote:It is called free speech my friend. Happy fourth of July ……. and E. Pluribus Unum (out of many, one) to you and the Great Divider, Obese Donald.

I just heard a British commentator refer to the Democrat's complaints as "rubbish." I believe that is pretty much the same as my "garbage" comment.
Praise the Lord.

Muscovite’s Slaughter of Indigenous People in Alas[…]

You Zionists just can't stop lying can you. It wa[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]