ICE Child Killing Rate Up To 1/Month, Production Quotas On Schedule Discussion Topic Thread - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15007048
Man, we go decades without killing a single child in our immigration system and now we're just ramping up to killing one child per month. What could have possibly changed?

Let's not give Trump supporters the benefit of the doubt. This is a feature and not a bug of their new immigration policies. Maybe if we kill enough children they will stop trying to come to our wonderful country where we kill children. If we work hard enough, we can make America a dystopian hellhole where children die in cages crying for their parents.

Then they won't want to immigrate here and then we win. Yayyyy!!!

From Time:

(HOUSTON) — The U.S. government says a 16-year-old Guatemalan died Monday at a Border Patrol station in South Texas, the fifth death of a migrant child since December.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection said in a statement that Border Patrol apprehended the teenager in South Texas’ Rio Grande Valley on May 13. The agency says the teenager was found unresponsive Monday morning during a welfare check at the agency’s Weslaco, Texas, station. The cause of death is unknown.

The agency did not say why the teenager had been detained for a week, but said he was “due for placement” in a facility for youth operated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

Federal law requires the Department of Homeland Security to send minors unaccompanied by a parent or legal guardian to HHS within 72 hours of determining that the child is unaccompanied.

The Border Patrol has faced months of scrutiny over its care of children it apprehends at the border. A 2-year-old child died last week after he and his mother were detained by the Border Patrol. The agency says it took the child to the hospital the same day the mother reported he was sick, and he was hospitalized for several weeks.On April 30, a 16-year-old Guatemalan boy died after officials at an HHS detention facility noticed that he was sick. He was hospitalized in intensive care for several days before his death.

After the deaths of two children ages 7 and 8 in December, the Department of Homeland Security ordered medical checks of all children in its custody and expanded medical screenings.

John Sanders, the acting commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection and who was previously convicted of child molestation in the state of Louisiana, said in a statement that his agency was “saddened by the tragic loss of this young man and our condolences are with his family.”

“CBP is committed to the health, safety and humane treatment of those in our custody,” Sanders said.

Trump administration officials have said they have passed a “breaking point” in the immigration detention system, with the numbers of parents and children crossing the border dramatically exceeding the capacity at facilities.

That strain is particularly acute in the Rio Grande Valley, which has more unauthorized border crossings than any other region.

The Border Patrol has released photos of adults and children lying in small, military-style tents or on the grass and pavement outside of two of its stations. It also recently opened a 500-person tent near one port of entry and announced plans to open another.


Thank you Lord Jesus for President Trump, slayer of foreign children.
#15008049
I can't believe more rightwingers aren't in here hooting and hollering about the culmination of their beliefs. Foreign children are dead, this is what you voted for. Why aren't you happy?

Rightwing ideology has been made manifest! This is a victory for all right leaning Americans!
#15012110
SpecialOlympian wrote:I can't believe more rightwingers aren't in here hooting and hollering about the culmination of their beliefs. Foreign children are dead, this is what you voted for. Why aren't you happy?

Rightwing ideology has been made manifest! This is a victory for all right leaning Americans!


Excellent news. At this rate, we'll be rid of all of them before Pangaea reforms!
#15012115
SpecialOlympian wrote:I'm enjoying watching rightwingers drop the mask and just embracing the idea that the cruelty is the point :)

Also don't worry Saeko, I'm sure ICE is hiding many more murders/rapes/beatings seeing as they won't allow US Senators to visit their child kennels.


It seems that the Bad Orange Man has triggered you so much, that you've lost all sense of numerical proportion. NYPD officers committing suicide is literally a bigger issue than this.

https://breaking911.com/third-nypd-offi ... in-9-days/
#15013706
The cool thing about calling the ICE concentration camps what they are, which is concentration camps, is that it makes reactionaries have perpetual meltdowns. Because at the end of the day they want to be extremely racist, but they still want to be praised for as good people.

#15013803
It used to be single men that illegally crossed the border, now they're dragging children along with them in order to game the immigration system, many of whom don't even have a familial link to the adults. They're dragging these children along, knowing full well that the illegal immigration industry run by the cartels targets vulnerable people (women and children) for sexual exploitation. The illegal immigrants also know that the ICE detention facilities are overburdened and overcrowded, making them once again culpable for endangering the children they drag along with them.

It's difficult to hold ICE responsible for the gross parental neglect and general irresponsibility of these faux-refugees who are trying to game the US immigration system at the expense of children. (I would say 'their children', but we all know better.)
#15013804
The Sabbaticus wrote:It used to be single men that illegally crossed the border, now they're dragging children along with them in order to game the immigration system, many of whom don't even have a familial link to the adults. They're dragging these children along, knowing full well that the illegal immigration industry run by the cartels targets vulnerable people (women and children) for sexual exploitation. The illegal immigrants also know that the ICE detention facilities are overburdened and overcrowded, making them once again culpable for endangering the children they drag along with them.

It's difficult to hold ICE responsible for the gross parental neglect and general irresponsibility of these faux-refugees who are trying to game the US immigration system at the expense of children. (I would say 'their children', but we all know better.)


lmbo

"Yes," I say smartishly, "why would people make cost/benefit decisions with severe consequences when it is much easier to stay at home? Obviously, I am very smart," I say in my functioning Social-Democracy country whose governance I rail against angrily because I want free market capitalism and racism.

"Why would anyone risk anything for the benefit of their children," I say as I die alone, unmarried and childless.

America is not a poor country. We spend 20X more than the next 10 countries combined on our military. We can afford to give children comfortable cages to die in.

In fact, we have so much money that even the children of asylum seeking immigrants don't have to die. For the just a fraction of the cost of a few experimental fighter jets that will never see any useful use, we can ensure that children, regardless of their country of origin, DON'T. FUCKING. DIE.

Image
#15013855
SpecialOlympian wrote:lmbo

"Yes," I say smartishly, "why would people make cost/benefit decisions with severe consequences when it is much easier to stay at home? Obviously, I am very smart," I say in my functioning Social-Democracy country whose governance I rail against angrily because I want free market capitalism and racism.

"Why would anyone risk anything for the benefit of their children," I say as I die alone, unmarried and childless.

America is not a poor country. We spend 20X more than the next 10 countries combined on our military. We can afford to give children comfortable cages to die in.

In fact, we have so much money that even the children of asylum seeking immigrants don't have to die. For the just a fraction of the cost of a few experimental fighter jets that will never see any useful use, we can ensure that children, regardless of their country of origin, DON'T. FUCKING. DIE.



So your argument is basically that illegal immigrants are a threat to the national security of the USA. The United States of America should reduce its military funding and compromise its military hegemony (threatening the stability of the entire world) because illegal immigrants/foreign nationals have decided to unilaterally walk into American territory because they didn't want to bother going through the conventional immigration system -- like everyone else.

And I hate to break it to you, but children die all over the USA. They die in hospitals, they die in orphanages, they die in the custody of child protective services, they die in their homes, they die in cars, they die in schools. Lots of these deaths are preventable as well. But guess what, the world isn't perfect, and that goes for the USA as well.
#15014076
The Sabbaticus wrote:So your argument is basically that illegal immigrants are a threat to the national security of the USA. The United States of America should reduce its military funding and compromise


Yes, Sabbaticus, that's how it works. If you take money from USAF funding, it retains the "national security" energy it had before. Money has emotional energy in it.


And I hate to break it to you, but children die all over the USA. They die in hospitals, they die in orphanages, they die in the custody of child protective services, they die in their homes, they die in cars, they die in schools. Lots of these deaths are preventable as well. But guess what, the world isn't perfect, and that goes for the USA as well.


Good point, Sabbaticus. I guess we just can't do anything about shoving children in dog cages until they die of easily preventable illnesses. If we can't solve all of the world's problems then I guess we shouldn't try to solve any of them. Especially the concentration camps, which are run specifically to punish migrants.

#15014222
And you claim to work in finance. Must be just one of your many fabrications, like the time you claimed to be a white Harry Potter-type kid. :lol: Meanwhile, illegal immigrants continue to cost the US taxpayer 116 billion each year. An amount that should be tripled, given the data they were using.

As for that article. They went out of their way to photograph themselves and/or alert the media about their attempt(s), and the article even mentions that the 'good samaritans' in question were in contact with an immigration lawyer, meaning this entire thing was most likely a stunt. Which was further confirmed with that ridiculous note they just happened to have found in the garbage. Also, [email protected] the photogenic diaper supplies.

The 'kids' in question are most likely adults claiming to be teenagers, just like they are in Europe, in order to become more easily eligible for asylum placement. This would also explain the riot incidents. Normal kids don't 'riot'.
#15014262
The Sabbaticus wrote:116 billion each year. An amount that should be tripled, given the data they were using.


Lol I like how your Immigration thinktank that you cited only calculates taxes paid, not accounting for any contribution for working and generating wealth for American businesses. Thank you for sharing the first Google result you were able to find from an explicitly anti-immigration think tank, good job Sabbaticus.

As for that article. They went out of their way to photograph themselves and/or alert the media about their attempt(s), and the article even mentions that the 'good samaritans' in question were in contact with an immigration lawyer, meaning this entire thing was most likely a stunt. Which was further confirmed with that ridiculous note they just happened to have found in the garbage. Also, [email protected] the photogenic diaper supplies.


Drawing attention to the inhumane conditions children are subjected to specifically as punishment: a stunt, in the eyes of Sabbaticus.

Children dying in dog cages: Perfectly normal, can't be helped, in the eyes of Sabbaticus.

The 'kids' in question are most likely adults claiming to be teenagers, just like they are in Europe, in order to become more easily eligible for asylum placement. This would also explain the riot incidents. Normal kids don't 'riot'.


Hell fucking yes, Sabbaticus. Pivot directly into "they were no angels." Hell, you ever think maybe they deserve to die?
The Evolution Fraud

You should not need my help, since you are an ele[…]

@Verv , yes, most of that post is formatted as i[…]

The U.S. foreign-born population reached a record[…]

The Outrage Exchange

Also, I'm actually in Hong Kong and while I've av[…]