Wells Fargo, TD Bank Give Trump Financial Records to Congress - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wells- ... -committee

To illustrate just how far clown world has gone, imagine that some people demanded that banks turn over the financial records of a convicted serial killer, child rapist or what have you. They would surely refuse to do so because that would be illegal and against the banking code of ethics. But Donald Trump? Here you go. Honk honk frens.
Again, it's more meaninglessness from the Democrats, and they do not understand why yet. A primary reason is that the establishment still can't accept that the reason Trump is president is because voters are rejecting them specifically. Many Trump voters like me don't care about Trump at all. He's not a "hero" per se, but rather a placeholder preventing the establishment from holding the White House. Trump spent much of the 2000s making money at NBC. So the likelihood that there is some sort of serious criminal revelation is utterly unlikely. Once you have wealth, the #1 objective is to not loose it. Ill-gotten gains are a significant risk. So at best, they are looking for another Stormy Daniels--which obviously didn't work out for them, her or Michael Avenatti either. They've exhausted their Beria moves.

Technically, the use of these subpoenas is both a compliment and a bit of payback to Devin Nunes. He was able to figure out the Russiagate hoax by issuing subpoenas for bank records from Hillary Clinton's Campaign, the DNC, Perkins Coie and Fusion GPS--effectively blowing apart the attempted coup against Trump completely. So the Democrats are trying for another bite at the apple. I bet the DNC will continue their tight collaboration with the media to engineer a slew of media outbursts about Trump's finances, but if Nancy Pelosi loses the House in 2020, Republicans will start repaying the stunt with their own baseless requests for tax returns and bank records. Personally, I like seeing the establishment getting ripped apart.

One of the few mainstream media pieces from before the 2016 election that had it down as well as I did was this: Our Neutron Bomb Election from Victor Davis Hansen. It still rings true.

Beating back a coup attempt was a legitimate use of subpoenas in my view. The Democrats retaliatory use of subpoenas in a frivolous manner will open up a whole new world of abuse from both parties and will have significant repercussions not unlike Senator Reid using the nuclear option only to have it used by Trump to their sustained distress. As society moves towards card-based cashless transactions, I'm betting politicians will ditch credit cards and bank cards for cold hard cash in the not-too-distant future so there is no third party electronic trail of their activities. I'm betting they will have valets with un-powered burner phones at the ready so that they aren't location tracked or bugged with smart phones either. It's going to be interesting to see how Washington evolves.

I can think of all sorts of interesting inquiries for the Republicans when they get the House back, or maybe from the Senate. :lol:
Stormsmith wrote:Banks routinely allow investigators access to bank records when looking for evidence of criminal activity. Why should President Trump be any different?

Well, he shouldn't, if there's reason to believe that a crime has taken place. In this case, there's no reason whatsoever. The problem with what the idiots Democrats are doing is that they're issuing subpoenas in the hopes that they can find something, because they have nothing else.

They're also trying to deflect attention away from the investigation regarding the decision that Trump needed to be investigated for collusion. That's gonna' bite them in the ass hard, and they know it. Clinton, Lynch, and possibly even Obama could pay dearly for what occurred.

Fishing expedition; witch hunt... call it what you will. The reality is that Democrats are still butt-hurt over the fact that their would be queen failed to ascend to the throne...
BigSteve wrote:Well, he shouldn't, if there's reason to believe that a crime has taken place...

There is voluminous evidence that Trump has committed crimes for many decades, on a consistent and ongoing basis (the most obvious ones being fraud, money laundering, and criminal tax evasion). The fact that the Clintons and many others also committed economic crimes doesn't let Trump off the hook. You shouldn't let the fact that our government chooses not to prosecute many of the laws on the books (when the criminals are rich and influential) blind you to criminal behavior.
quetzlcoatl wrote:There is voluminous evidence that Trump has committed crimes for many decades, on a consistent and ongoing basis (the most obvious ones being fraud, money laundering, and criminal tax evasion).

I think at best you could establish civil fraud or breach of contract. Money laundering has to be moving your own ill-gotten gains from one venue to another. Nobody has established that Trump has ill-gotten gains beyond civil fraud or breach of contract, which are handled in civil courts. The issue people like jimjam bring up comes down to Trump sold something to someone who had ill gotten gains. That's not a crime Trump committed. As for criminal tax evasion, Trump has been under audit since Obama got into power. The IRS hasn't prepared criminal charges against Trump, most likely because they cannot sustain a case.

quetzlcoatl wrote:The fact that the Clintons and many others also committed economic crimes doesn't let Trump off the hook.

I don't hear anybody saying that it does. Like I've said for a long time, I don't think Trump is some sort of paragon of virtue. I do not place my trust in politicians generally. However, there isn't any evidence that meets federal rules of evidence that maps to violation of federal law that has been presented yet. It is pure innuendo.

I've said before the Clintons were far and away worse, but they structured the Clinton Foundation as a way of taking bribes so that they could grease the skids in Washington, while not benefitting directly from the money themselves. In other words, the Clintons used the Clinton Foundation as a way to pay off people who did favors for them, or as a way of inducing people to do favors for them. The Clintons don't pay anybody off. The Clinton Foundation does. The money for the Clinton Foundation doesn't come from the Clintons, it comes from people (and countries) for whom they've done favors.

As a political matter, trying to trash Trump on stuff like this will always fall flat, because the alternative is Washington establishment politicians who are invariably far worse.

quetzlcoatl wrote:You shouldn't let the fact that our government chooses not to prosecute many of the laws on the books (when the criminals are rich and influential) blind you to criminal behavior.

I don't. However, I would defer prosecuting someone like Trump until people like Comey, Brennan, McCabe, Clinton, Abedin, etc. are at least charged and tried. Pulling shit like charging General Flynn or George Papadopolous does no favor for the reputation of the law itself. It's sort of okay-ish with Manafort, but it shouldn't take a special counsel to do that, so it suggests that he had some sort of non-prosecution agreement that didn't apply to the special counsel.

As far as I'm concerned, the whole thing is payback, because Nunes blew the lid off of the coup attempt by tracking the flow of funds from Hillary Clinton's campaign, to the DNC, to Perkins Coie, to Fusion GPS to Christopher Steele.

I don't think they will find anything meaningful on Trump. If they can find something he forgot to declare on a tax return or something, we will find about about it 3-5 days before the election. As I said, we are used to that sort of shit now. As I also said, I don't care who gets elected president now--although I prefer Trump--so long as it is not Joe Biden.
blackjack21 wrote:I think at best you could establish civil fraud or breach of contract. Money laundering has to be moving your own ill-gotten gains from one venue to another...

If Trump can be proven to have parked others' funds in real estate in order to facilitate hiding its criminal origin, that would indeed be a criminal act. BTW, I'm not making an argument that Trump is uniquely corrupt. He is on a comparable level with LBJ in this regard.

I don't care who gets elected president now--although I prefer Trump--so long as it is not Joe Biden.

Joe Biden is the worst of the Dem options for sure.
quetzalcoatl wrote:There is voluminous evidence that Trump has committed crimes for many decades, on a consistent and ongoing basis (the most obvious ones being fraud, money laundering, and criminal tax evasion).

What is this evidence? If there's so much of it, how come Mueller failed to find it? What insight do you have that escaped Mueller?

The fact that the Clintons and many others also committed economic crimes doesn't let Trump off the hook.

No, but it does tell you who the hypocrites are. Anyone who's calling for Trump to be charged is a fucking hypocrite if they weren't also calling for the Clintons to be charged...

You shouldn't let the fact that our government chooses not to prosecute many of the laws on the books (when the criminals are rich and influential) blind you to criminal behavior.

I don't.

If Trump has committed crimes, I'll be the first one to call for his resignation. But the fact of the matter is that there was an exhaustive investigation which uncovered nothing. Nothing. There's no evidence of it to be found. Then again, that's not what the left wants, anyway. If they actually find evidence and charge him and impeach him, there's no way the Senate votes to convict him and it all goes away.

Instead, they're content to piss away money on "investigations" just so, come November 2020, they can say "We're investigating the President for criminal activity". That sounds a lot worse than "We impeached him, but he wasn't convicted."
Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Glad you are so empathetic and self-critical and […]

The more time passes, the more instances of haras[…]

It turns out it was all a complete lie with no bas[…]

I am not claiming that there are zero genetic dif[…]