The World According to Dick Cheney - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Bored with mainstream media as usual and getting bored with YouTube censoring their most novel content, I decided to look for a documentary and fell upon The World According to Dick Cheney on Showtime. I didn't bother to watch it when it came out in 2013. I figured it for a hit piece. Since I had left the Republican party 7 years earlier, I didn't feel any real interest.

THE WORLD ACCORDING TO DICK CHENEY

It was a very interesting documentary. For those interested in the Trump Russiagate story, I think it would raise a few eyebrows...

Told from the perspective of 2013, there was no Trump in the White House and Obama had won a second term in part by putting down Mitt Romney's concerns about Russia. Getting past his early life, the story develops interest when Cheney interns for Donald Rumsfeld, establishing a lifelong professional relationship. It moves from Congress to the White House during the Nixon years, the resignation and Ford's presidency. That was all very interesting.

However, as the documentary speaks to Cheney as VP, it starts to weave a thread about Scooter Libby and the Valerie Plame incident. At the time, I was still a Republican. One of my last financial donations of a political nature was to Scooter Libby's defense fund. Who appoints the special counsel looking into who leaked Plame's name to the press?

None other than James Comey! The DoJ (read Comey) seems to have known who leaked her name--Richard Armitage. Then, they decided that they didn't think Armitage knew she was a CIA agent, so they never charged him. Remind you of anything? The guilty person walks. Then, they decide to keep investigating after they found the culprit, only to charge Scooter Libby with making false statements and obstruction of justice. Remind you of anything?

I remember the whole thing vividly. I remember Joseph Wilson's hit piece, and his failure to mention that the former Prime Minister of Niger, whom Wilson met, thought that the Iraqi delegation that visited were interested in purchasing yellow cake.

Anyway, later in the documentary although a parallel timeline, Ashcroft has signed off on the surveillance program multiple times--like 20 times. Comey has been appointed Deputy AG (Rosenstein's recent post). One of Comey's actions is to convince Ashcroft that the surveillance program is illegal. If Ashcroft renews the program again, Comey threatens to resign. Guess who else threatens to resign? Then FBI director... Robert Mueller.

I about spit up my drink during one scene where Comey is testifying to Chuck Schumer about how it was the most difficult night of his professional career.

Watch THE WORLD ACCORDING TO DICK CHENEY. Made before the Trump presidency, it inadvertently does a remarkable job of making the case for the deep state.

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/1781137192[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Desantis made it illegal for cities in Florida to […]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Honestly I think you should give up on hoping to […]