Undocumented Aliens and Crime - Page 17 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
BigSteve wrote:Seriously?

You're trying to use a fucking Rob Reiner movie to make your argument?

You wouldn't know the truth if it fell on you...

:lol:

Admin Notes: Rule 2 Violation

You don't process well. As Drlee pointed out you step on your nether regions consistently.

Don't worry Florida will be a place where many many illegals will run to, and they will be having fun in your neck of the woods.

You won't be able to stop them. Enjoy them. Bring them over for treats at the warehouse. They might have amnesty soon and go and apply and become a Francisco Ramos for you. You never know.

Lol.

Admin Notes: Rule 2 Violation

Tainari88 wrote::lol:

Go on being 'scared' macho man.

You don't process well. As Drlee pointed out you step on your nether regions consistently.

Don't worry Florida will be a place where many many illegals will run to, and they will be having fun in your neck of the woods.

You won't be able to stop them. Enjoy them. Bring them over for treats at the warehouse. They might have amnesty soon and go and apply and become a Francisco Ramos for you. You never know.

Lol.

Macho man.....

Your obsessive personal attacks are getting really old.

Get a fucking hobby...
BigSteve wrote:Your obsessive personal attacks are getting really old.

Get a fucking hobby...

I won, I am happy.

I win, I am the winner....yeah, for me. I am better, I am smarter, I am, I am....lol.

Is that shit getting old? Guess what Admin Notes: Rule 2 Violation Stevie. You just got a taste of your own medicine.

Welcome to your boring getting old style.

It went over your head. I am not surprised! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Victory, is mine for real said the Lord.
Tainari88 wrote:I won, I am happy.

I win, I am the winner....yeah, for me. I am better, I am smarter, I am, I am....lol.

Is that shit getting old? Guess what Little Stevie. You just got a taste of your own medicine.

Welcome to your boring getting old style.

It went over your head. I am not surprised! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Victory, is mine for real said the Lord.

Your continued personal attacks only demonstrate that you're devoid of anything intelligent to say.

Seriously, seek professional help. You're obsessed and it's not healthy...
It's been awhile since I had time to pay attention here, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Pants-of-dog wrote:Lott used the wrong numbers because he incorrectly thought that 100% of the prisoners who were deportable non-citizens were undocumented migrants. He was objectively wrong.

This is false, as anyone that bothered to read as far as the second page of the report would know:

Citizenship status was determined by what was listed in the pre-sentencing report, and prosecutors and others knew it even much earlier in the case than that. This is key because documented immigrants aren’t labeled as “non-U.S. citizen, deportable” until after they have been sentenced. In contrast, illegal aliens are labeled that way prior to sentencing.

And here's a few of the articles I've been storing up:

Illegal Alien Allegedly Killed Vietnam Veteran Day Before Veterans Day

An illegal alien living in Pennsylvania is accused of killing a Vietnam War Veteran the day before Veterans Day, according to law enforcement officials.

Nemias Perez Severiano, a 31-year-old illegal alien from Mexico, is accused of killing Samuel Jackson, a disabled 69-year-old who served as a Marine in the Vietnam War, the day before Veterans Day this year in Norristown, Pennsylvania, according to the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office.

On November 10, police said Severiano was driving drunk when he hit and killed Jackson before fleeing the scene of the accident. According to court records obtained by CBS Philly, the illegal alien had been drinking for five hours at a nearby bar before the fatal crash.

“While at the bar [Severiano] indicated he consumed seven to eight Modelo beers,” the arrest records stated. “[Severiano] informed the detectives that when he left the bar, he was ‘a little drunk.'”

Jackson’s sister, Peggy Jackson, said her brother “loved the Marines” and was “so proud to have served his country.”

“It was basically his day, it’s what he fought for,” Jayden Guidici, Jackson’s grandson, told ABC 6 News of his grandfather’s love of Veterans Day.

“Why can’t you stop, see if he was okay, see if he was alive, see if he was breathing,” Guidici asked of Severiano’s alleged fleeing of the scene.

“I’m a forgiving person, but it’s really taken a lot for me right now to forgive somebody because if they had called 911, we might have been able to save him,” Peggy said.

Severiano is currently being held on a $200,000 bond in Montgomery County. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency has requested that should the illegal alien be released at any time that he be turned over to them for arrest and deportation.

As Breitbart News reported, Marine Corp Veteran Richard Dunn donated his uniform to Jackson so he could be buried in uniform.

Previously Deported Illegal Alien Accused of Killing Father of Three in Drunken Hit-and-Run

A previously deported and released illegal alien is accused of killing a father of three daughters in a drunk driving hit-and-run crash in upstate New York.

Heriberto R. Perez-Velasquez, a 31-year-old illegal alien from Guatemala, hit and killed 59-year-old Mark Knapp in Weedsport, New York, on November 10, according to the Cayuga County Sheriff’s Office. Police said Knapp was driving his tractor to get it washed when Perez-Velasquez was drunk driving and hit the father of three. Knapp was a retired electrician and belonged to the local IBEW Local 43 union.

Knapp, police said, was thrown from the tractor and died. Knapp leaves behind his wife, Sharon Hildebrant, as well as their three daughters, Samantha Knapp, Kaitlynne Knapp, and Christy Stoneburg, and his grandson, Coby.

Following the crash, police said the illegal alien fled the scene, but was eventually stopped by sheriff’s deputies and a pedestrian. Aside from allegedly driving drunk, Perez-Velasquez had been driving without a license and he was not authorized to be driving the car, police said.

A month before the deadly hit-and-run, though, Perez-Velasquez was released by Wayne County, New York, officials and not turned over to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency after he was arrested for drunk driving.

In that drunk driving case, police said Perez-Velasquez ran from officers but was eventually caught and charged.

“Had Mr. Perez-Velasquez been detained by ICE after his October 2019, DUI arrest, a life might have been spared,” Acting ICE Director Matt Albence told CNY Central. “Sanctuary jurisdictions that do not honor detainers or allow us access to jails and prisons are shielding criminal aliens from immigration enforcement and jeopardizing the lives of law-abiding citizens.”

Wayne County officials confirmed that Perez-Velasquez was not turned over to ICE due to a series of legal complications, and instead was given an order to appear in court.

ICE officials confirmed that Perez-Velasquez was previously arrested by Border Patrol agents in May 2007 after illegally crossing the U.S.-Mexico border. He was nearly immediately deported back to his native Guatemala, but returned to the U.S. at an unknown date.

Perez-Velasquez is currently being held on a $50,000 bond and ICE has issued a detainer requesting that should he be released from local custody at any time that he be turned over to federal immigration officials for arrest and deportation.

Sanctuary State: Illegal Alien Flees to Mexico After Allegedly Killing Woman

An illegal alien accused of killing a woman in a car crash has fled to Mexico to avoid prosecution in the United States after he was released by the sanctuary state of Oregon.

On July 12, illegal alien Alejandro Maldonado-Hernandez allegedly crashed into Patrick Ator and his wife, Janace Ator. At the time, Maldonado-Hernandez was taken to a nearby hospital, where he suffered only minor injuries.

Patrick Ator was treated for severe injuries, while his wife, Janace, died at the hospital as a result of her injuries from the crash.

That day, Maldonado-Hernandez was arrested by Washington County, Oregon law enforcement officials and booked into the local jail for felony second-degree manslaughter, felony third-degree assault, and misdemeanor reckless driving.

Days later, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency placed a detainer on the illegal alien and asked Washington County officials to hold him in jail until they could take him into their custody.

Less than a month later, though, Washington County officials released Maldonado-Hernandez back into the public despite the ICE detainer. Now, Washington County officials say the illegal alien has fled to Mexico to avoid prosecution in the U.S. for killing Janace Ator.

“The decision to rebuff immigration detainers and not to hold dangerous individuals until ICE arrives to pick them up is a costly one,” ICE official Nathalie Asher said in a statement. She went on:

It is real slap in the face to the victim’s friends and family when criminal aliens, in this case a man who has caused the death of a woman and severe injuries to her husband, are released into the community due to dangerous sanctuary policies. How many lives have to be lost before politicians are more concerned about public safety than their own political agendas?

Maldonado-Hernandez remains at-large.

Twice-Deported Illegal Alien Accused of Killing Teenage Boy, Grandmother

An illegal alien who is accused of killing a teenage boy and a grandmother in a North Carolina drunk driving crash was previously deported twice from the United States.

Felix Antonio Juarez-Antunez, a 35-year-old illegal alien, is accused of killing 15-year-old Ethan Handley and 65-year-old Marjory Howell Wagner while allegedly driving drunk at 90 mph in a 45 mph zone in Smithfield, North Carolina.

Jaurez-Antunez also allegedly injured Hailey Wagner — a newly crowned teen beauty queen in Garner, North Carolina — and her brother, Stephen. Both are in stable condition but suffered severe neck injuries.

“I knew instantly that my grandma had died because I was in the passengers’ seat and she was all leaned back in her chair and I reached over to touch her stomach,” Hailey’s brother told ABC 11. “I knew she wasn’t moving and she wasn’t moving. So I knew she had died. But it was probably the next day that I found out about Ethan and Hailey’s injuries.”

Now, the Angel Family has been left mourning and remembering their friend Ethan and their grandmother.

“He could always make you laugh,” Hailey told ABC 11 of Ethan. No matter what situation you’re in. He was very good at understanding, great at listening.

“She was everybody’s grandma,” Stephen said. “She’s just always there for you.”

According to the Department of Justice, Jaurez-Antunez has already been deported from the U.S. twice. The illegal alien has now been charged with felony illegal re-entry and has been placed on an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detainer so that if he is released from prison at any time, he will be turned over to federal agents for arrest and deportation.

In the fatal drunk driving case, Jaurez-Antunez has been charged with felony death by motor vehicle and felony serious injury by vehicle.

Sanctuary County: Freed Illegal Alien Accused of Murdering 19-Year-Old Girl

A suspect charged with murdering his 19-year-old girlfriend in August is an illegal alien living in the United States who was previously freed by the sanctuary county of Durham, North Carolina, Breitbart News has learned.

Jose Bryan Guzman, an 18-year-old illegal alien from El Salvador, is accused of murdering 19-year-old Marlene Yamileth Portillo-Posada — who he was apparently dating at the time — on August 24 by strangling her to death because Guzman believed Portillo-Posada was cheating on him.

After fleeing to Louisiana in September, the Durham Police Department and St. Landry’s Parish Sheriff’s Office were able to locate and arrest Guzman.

A law enforcement source confirmed to Breitbart News that Guzman is an illegal alien who arrived in the U.S. around September 2015 and was given a notice to appear in immigration court by Border Patrol. It is likely that Guzman arrived as an Unaccompanied Alien Child (UAC) and was thus released into the interior of the country.

As of this year, Guzman remains in deportation proceedings.

In December 2018, Guzman was arrested by the Durham Police Department after allegedly robbing two victims at gunpoint in separate incidents. The same month as the armed robberies, Durham County Sheriff Clarence Birkhead announced that he was ending all cooperation with ICE, turning the region into a sanctuary jurisdiction.

Subsequently, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency requested that the sanctuary county of Durham County hold Guzman until he could be properly turned over to agents.

Instead, Durham County officials ignored ICE’s request and released him into the general public in March — six months before he allegedly murdered his girlfriend. In a statement to Breitbart News, an ICE official said that agents “will again seek to take custody” of Guzman “should he be released from local custody for any reason.”

Guzman’s case is the latest in a series of North Carolina sanctuary counties where hundreds of criminal illegal aliens are released into the general public every year rather than being turned over to ICE for arrest and deportation.

In Fiscal Year 2019, North Carolina sanctuary jurisdictions freed about 563 illegal aliens from custody instead of turning them over to ICE agents. Of those illegal aliens released, more than 500 have been convicted of crimes, including 28 convicted of assault, 192 convicted on traffic violations, 84 convicted of drunk driving, 46 convicted of possession of drugs, and 35 convicted of larceny.

Five-Time Freed Illegal Alien Accused of Killing 70-Year-Old Father of Two

An illegal alien who was repeatedly freed from Florida law enforcement custody is now accused of killing a 70-year-old husband and father of two in a hit-and-run crash.

Ulises Mondragon Umanzor, a 30-year-old illegal alien from El Salvador, allegedly illegally drove a forklift while illegally working for a construction company and hit 70-year-old James “Jim” Zakos, according to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office.

While Zakos was rushed to the hospital and pronounced dead, Umanzor allegedly fled the crash and eventually got off the forklift and walked away even as an eyewitness told him to return to the traffic accident scene.

Zakos, his obituary notes, leaves behind his two children, Alexandra and TJ, his wife Celine, his two sisters Maria and Margaret, and his parents Thomas and Catherine.

“Many will smile when they hear his name,” his obituary states.

According to records, Umanzor was arrested in September 2011 in Palm Beach County for driving without a license and driving with an open container of alcohol. Despite being an illegal alien, he was released and re-arrested in February 2012 for again driving without a license.

After again being released from custody, Umanzor was arrested in November 2012 for possession of cocaine. The illegal alien was released again from custody and arrested in September 2016 and May 2018 for driving without a license. From all his arrests, Umanzor has more than $1,000 in outstanding debts to the state of Florida

Illegal Alien Returns to U.S. After Killing Four American Kids in 2008

An illegal alien woman returned to the United States soon after being deported for killing four American children in a 2008 school bus crash in Cottonwood, Minnesota.

Olga Marina Franco del Cid, a 35-year-old illegal alien from Guatemala, was found guilty for 24 charges including four counts of criminal vehicular homicide after she ran a stop sign on February 18, 2008 and killed 13-year-old Jesse Javens, 12-year-old Reed Stevens, nine-year-old Emilee Olson, and nine-year-old Hunter Javens.

The four children Franco del Cid killed were among 28 students on a school bus at the time, 14 others of which were injured in the crash.

In October 2008, Franco del Cid was sentenced to just 12 and a half years for the children’s deaths. By April 2016, she had served only eight years in Minnesota and was set free. Immediately on release she was turned over to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency and deported from the U.S. in May 2016.

Sometime between late 2016 and 2019, ICE officials said Franco del Cid returned to the U.S. and was living less than three hours away from where she had left those four children dead in 2008.

“This individual has committed a very serious crime in this state,” ICE official Shawn Neudauer told FOX 9. “Beyond serving her sentence, there is a penalty for coming back after you’ve been told you have to leave.”

This week, Franco del Cid was arrested by ICE in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota. The illegal alien may face between 10 to 20 years in prison for illegally re-entering the U.S.

Sanctuary State Colorado: Freed Illegal Alien Accused of Attempted Murder

An illegal alien in the sanctuary state of Colorado has been re-arrested for attempted murder less than a month after he was freed from prison.

Osmani Garces-Ortiz, a 37-year-old illegal alien from Cuba, was released by the sanctuary jurisdiction of Arapahoe County, Colorado, on October 28, despite the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency requesting he be held so they could take over custody.

Garces-Ortiz had originally been arrested for drug crimes and trespassing. Less than a month later, on November 21, the illegal alien was arrested in Arapahoe County for attempted murder — an incident that would have never occurred had he be turned over to ICE, federal officials said.

“As ICE has repeatedly made clear, when local jurisdictions refuse to support immigration enforcement, they betray their duty to protect public safety,” an ICE spokesperson told the Sentinel.

Garces-Ortiz is being held on a $202,000 bond and ICE has once again placed a detainer on him, requesting that should he be released at any time that he be turned over to their custody.

Earlier this year, Colorado’s Gov. Jared Polis (D) signed into law a sanctuary state measure that effectively prohibits all jurisdictions in the state from cooperating with ICE agents. Instead, the state law requires that counties shield criminal illegal aliens from arrest and deportation.

ICE officials told the Sentinel that “it was absolutely predictable” that the sanctuary state law would mean more American victims at the hands of illegal aliens.

“Because of this law, our ICE office was not notified when a criminal alien was released on bail, and this alien is now charged with attempted murder,” ICE official John Fabbricatore said. “How many more terrible crimes will be committed, because lawmakers put political agendas before public safety?”

As Breitbart News reported, an illegal alien who was shielded from deportation by a “sanctuary church” in Colorado is now accused of killing Sean Buchanan, a father of five children. The illegal alien had a criminal record dating back to 2011 but was never deported from the U.S.

Six Illegal Aliens Accused of Raping, Sex Trafficking Underage Girl

Six illegal aliens have been charged with sexually assaulting and trafficking a girl under the age of 16 in Wisconsin.

Esler Hugo Rivera, 33-years-old, 28-year-old Rolando Corado Gonzalez, 40-year-old Avelino Sarceno-Sarceno, 37-year-old Ember Rivera, 28-year-old Noe Bautista-Martinez and 31-year-old Evis Amabilio Garcia-Rivera were arrested and charged on suspicion of second-degree sexual assault after an underage girl called the police saying she had escaped a sex trafficking operation.

All of the six men arrested are believed to be illegal aliens from Guatemala, according to the Green Lake County Sheriff’s Office.

Police said the underage girl called 911 as she was on the run after just escaping from the six illegal aliens. She told police that she was being sex trafficked at a house in the Manchester, Wisconsin, area.

After the call, police raided the house and seized evidence that they believe reveals the extent to which the girl was being sex trafficked and sexually assaulted by the illegal aliens.

Illegal alien Evis Amabilio Garcia-Rivera is suspected of sex trafficking the girl. Currently, the illegal aliens are being held on bail from $20,000 to $50,000 each at the Green Lake County Correctional Facility.

Deported Child Sex Offenders Caught in Texas, Arizona near Border

Border Patrol agents in Texas and Arizona continue to apprehend previously deported child sex offenders after they illegally re-enter the U.S.

Rio Grande Valley Sector Border Patrol agents assigned to the Falfurrias Station received a call for assistance from the Premont, Texas, Police Department on December 19. A local police officer conducted a traffic stop on what he believed to be a human smuggling vehicle, according to Rio Grande Valley Sector officials.

Agents arrived on the scene and conducted immigration interviews with the eight people allegedly being smuggled by the driver. The agents determined the eight passengers to be illegal immigrants, officials stated. The agents transported the migrants to the Falfurrias Border Patrol station where a biometric background investigation identified one of the men as a previously deported Honduran national.

Officials report the Honduran man received a conviction from a court in New York City relating to sexual abuse of a minor. The records indicated that the court convicted the man of an act in a manner to injure a child under the age of 17. The court sentenced him to 364 days in jail. He was subsequently removed from the U.S.

Tucson Sector Border Patrol agents assigned to the State Route 83 immigration checkpoint near the Arizona town of Sonoita arrested a Mexican man they determined to be illegally present in the U.S., officials stated.

During a biometric investigation, agents identified the man as 38-year-old Gustavo Gonzalez-Rodriguez. Court records revealed a conviction in California in 2001 for lewd and lascivious acts with a child under the age of 14, officials stated. The court required the Mexican man to register as a sex offender.

His extensive criminal history also included a 2016 conviction in a South Carolina court for assault and battery. He received a 10-year sentence for that crime. At some point following the sentencing, immigration officers removed him to Mexico.

Both previously deported felons could face prosecution for aggravated re-entry after removal as a sex offender. If convicted on the charges, the previously deported criminal aliens could face up to 20 years each in federal prison.

Illegal Alien Allegedly Murdered Woman, Shot Her Son Days Before Christmas

An illegal alien has been arrested after allegedly murdering a woman in Cobb County, Georgia, and shooting her teenage son days before Christmas.

Juan Antonio Gonzalez, a 32-year-old illegal alien, allegedly led Cobb County officers on a car chase after he fled the home of 38-year-old Oralia Melo Meza and her 16-year-old son. According to police, Gonzalez shot and killed Meza before shooting her son in the arm, leaving him with a non-life threatening injury, on December 21.

Police said when they arrived at Meza’s home following a 911 call about a domestic dispute, Gonzalez pulled out of the driveway and fired at Cobb County officers. At one point, the illegal alien hit on the officers’ cars and led them on a car chase for about six miles.

Gonzalez was taken into custody only after he crashed his car into another vehicle on the road.

For now, Gonzalez has been hit with one count of murder, two counts of aggravated assault, one count of aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer, one count of possession of a firearm, and one count of attempting to evade police. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency has placed a detainer on Gonzalez so that should he be released, he will be deported.

New York Jailbreak: Illegal Alien Freed After Allegedly Killing Mother of Three on Christmas Eve

A New York state law that allows accused criminals to be freed from prison the same day they are arrested for violent crimes has freed an illegal alien accused of killing a mother of three on Christmas Eve.

Jorge Flores-Villalba, a 27-year-old illegal alien, according to Assemblyman Colin Schmitt, was arrested after he allegedly admitted to hitting and killing mother of three Marie “Rosie” Osai, who was a legal immigrant from Haiti, in a Christmas Eve crash on Long Island, New York.

“I was driving and I did strike a person,” Flores-Villalba allegedly told law enforcement officials. “I didn’t call the police. I was afraid because I don’t have a license.”

After being charged with felony fleeing the scene of a deadly accident, Flores-Villalba was arraigned and then freed without bail on Christmas day — less than 24 hours after Osai was allegedly killed.

Family friend Irene Secone told New York CBS Local that Osai’s friends and relatives are “devastated” while “this man on Christmas day goes home and spends it with his family.”

The illegal alien’s immediate release is now required by law in New York after state Democrats, against the wishes of law enforcement and even the most liberal district attorneys, rammed through a series of bail reform measures and Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) signed the legislation into law.

The law will ensure that suspects accused of crimes deemed “non-violent” are not jailed before their trial dates and do not have to post bail. Instead, these suspects are released directly back into the public and expected to show up for their court dates. About 125,000 accused criminals are expected to be released from prison every year in the state.

The list of crimes for which suspects will be freed from prison before trial includes:

• Second-degree manslaughter
    • Aggravated vehicular assault
    • Third-degree assault
    • Promoting an obscene sexual performance by a child
    • Possessing an obscene sexual performance by a child
    • Promoting a sexual performance by a child
    • Failure to register as a sex offender
    • Making terroristic threats
    • Criminally negligent homicide
    • Aggravated vehicular homicide

As part of the law, accused criminals will actually be allowed to investigate their own crime scenes and be given a list of named witnesses testifying against them within 15 days of their arrangement. The law means that if a suspect is charged with home burglary, that suspect will be allowed to return to the victim’s home and inspect their property as part of their defense.
Doug64 wrote:It's been awhile since I had time to pay attention here, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

....except undocumented migrants, we assume.

This is false, as anyone that bothered to read as far as the second page of the report would know:

Citizenship status was determined by what was listed in the pre-sentencing report, and prosecutors and others knew it even much earlier in the case than that. This is key because documented immigrants aren’t labeled as “non-U.S. citizen, deportable” until after they have been sentenced. In contrast, illegal aliens are labeled that way prior to sentencing.

Please provide a link to the full text of this piece.

I find this particular piece to be hard to believe.

Apparently, Arizona uses different citizenship categories for the same person at different times of their way through the justice system, according to the source you are citing.

A legal resident of the US (but not a citizen) who commits a felony is a deportable non-citizen, and this is true during the entire time this green card holder is going through the justice system. Why would Arizona call this person something else until sentencing, and then change it?

I am not calling it a study since it was not peer reviewed.

And here's a few of the articles I've been storing up:

You store up racist news stories from questionable websites?

Why?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Please provide a link to the full text of this piece.

Right here, just ignore the registration request and use the "Download without registration" button in the lower left-hand corner.

I find this particular piece to be hard to believe.

Apparently, Arizona uses different citizenship categories for the same person at different times of their way through the justice system, according to the source you are citing.

A legal resident of the US (but not a citizen) who commits a felony is a deportable non-citizen, and this is true during the entire time this green card holder is going through the justice system. Why would Arizona call this person something else until sentencing, and then change it?

Because nonimmigrants and immigrants aren't deportable until they are actually convicted of a crime, while undocumented aliens are deportable whether they are guilty of violating other laws or not. So nonimmigrants and immigrants only become "non-US citizens, deportable" when a judge or jury says they violated the terms permitting them to stay in the US. And yes, apparently that's how Arizona handles it, and I suspect the same for others because to do otherwise would be the same as labeling someone a convict from their time they're investigated by the police until after the judge/jury finds them guilty.

I am not calling it a study since it was not peer reviewed.

So only studies published in peer-reviewed magazines are actually studies? I guess that means that no studies published by the government are worth the paper they're printed on. Besides, it wouldn't exactly be difficult to replicate Lott's study, since he names the database he used and how he filtered the data.

You store up racist news stories from questionable websites?

Why?

How is reporting on crimes by undocumented aliens racist?
Doug64 wrote:Right here, just ignore the registration request and use the "Download without registration" button in the lower left-hand corner.

Because nonimmigrants and immigrants aren't deportable until they are actually convicted of a crime, while undocumented aliens are deportable whether they are guilty of violating other laws or not. So nonimmigrants and immigrants only become "non-US citizens, deportable" when a judge or jury says they violated the terms permitting them to stay in the US. And yes, apparently that's how Arizona handles it, and I suspect the same for others because to do otherwise would be the same as labeling someone a convict from their time they're investigated by the police until after the judge/jury finds them guilty.

I do not think this is correct.

What are legal residents called in the presentencing report, then?

So only studies published in peer-reviewed magazines are actually studies?

Yes.

Works that have not gone through the peer review process are not studies in the sense that they can be said to have supported a theory.

I guess that means that no studies published by the government are worth the paper they're printed on. Besides, it wouldn't exactly be difficult to replicate Lott's study, since he names the database he used and how he filtered the data.

Then feel free to have it peer reviewed or replicated.

The one person who did review it found it wrong.

How is reporting on crimes by undocumented aliens racist?

Because it incorrectly supports the misleading stereotype that Mexicans are criminals.
From a leftist point of view all people of the world have the same right to live in America, whether they are citizens or not, whether they are documented or not. Therefore it is morally incumbent on officials who hold this view to release undocumented migrants if their right to remain in the United States is threatened by holding them in custody. The arguments about the criminal / felony status of undocumented migrants are completely moot, because from a leftist perspective, illegal entry is not a de-facto crime even if it is a de-jure one.
@Doug64
Illegal Alien Allegedly Killed Vietnam Veteran Day Before Veterans Day

An illegal alien living in Pennsylvania is accused of killing a Vietnam War Veteran the day before Veterans Day, according to law enforcement officials.

Nemias Perez Severiano, a 31-year-old illegal alien from Mexico, is accused of killing Samuel Jackson, a disabled 69-year-old who served as a Marine in the Vietnam War, the day before Veterans Day this year in Norristown, Pennsylvania, according to the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office.

On November 10, police said Severiano was driving drunk when he hit and killed Jackson before fleeing the scene of the accident. According to court records obtained by CBS Philly, the illegal alien had been drinking for five hours at a nearby bar before the fatal crash.

And here is the problem driving me away from the right. @Doug64 thinks it is OK to collect stories about illegals. Particularly as biased a story as this one above. This is not news it is propaganda. But what is the story really? It is about a guy who got drunk and killed someone. The fact that he was here illegally is irrelevant and the fact that his victim is a veteran is irrelevant. Is there a moral of the story? Yes. Don't drink and drive.

I hear the argument that if this person were not here they other guy would still be alive. Maybe. Racists would certainly say so. But what is the real deal? Every 48 minutes someone is killed by a drunk driver in the US. It is absolutely not a question of immigration nor one of honoring veterans. The day before veteran's Day? Insert eyeroll here. :roll:

But this kind of news stuff plays well to Trumps dumber supporters. It is a blatant attempt to paint illegals as criminals when the fact is that they commit crimes at a significantly lower rate than citizens.

So Doug. You blew it here. You showed your true xenophobic colors. Your post is an embarrassment to every conservative out there. And even more so to a Christian one.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Because it incorrectly supports the misleading stereotype that Mexicans are criminals.

No, it correctly supports the fact that the Mexicans mentioned in those articles are criminals...
No, it correctly supports the fact that the Mexicans mentioned in those articles are criminals...

Oh come on BigSteve.. Nobody is buying that. Doug posted those articles and you want us to believe that they just happened to accidentally be about Latino people. That by coincidence, even though white people commit more crimes per capita than illegals do he just lucked into this string of stuff?

What is deeply disturbing is that you have a white American collecting these stories precisely to smear illegals. No other reason. That is unfair. It is deliberately deceptive. And worst of all, it is racist and in that way that seems to be typical of a considerable number of Trump supporters.
BigSteve wrote:No, it correctly supports the fact that the Mexicans mentioned in those articles are criminals...

Who said they were mexican?

I did not.

I said it supports stereotypes about Mexicans because racist mouthbreathers from the States assume we (as in any Spanish speaking person from Latin America) are all Mexicans.

So if you assumed they were Mexicans, you are actually implicitly supporting my point.

Thanks.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I do not think this is correct.

What are legal residents called in the presentencing report, then?

No idea. Whatever it is, it isn't “non-U.S. citizen, deportable.” Beyond that, Lott had this footnote in his online article, taken from a response to the CATO criticisms:

One person suggests that the Department of Corrections data mean something different that what I was told by the APAAC. “Lott erroneously assumed that the third category, called ‘non-US citizen and deportable,’ only counted illegal immigrants,” claims Alex Nowrasteh. He asserts it also includes legal immigrants, though this ignores the importance of the pre-sentencing report in collecting this information. Yet, even if that were correct, it doesn’t greatly affect our results. Only about 10% of those deported are lawful permanent residents. Lott shows that after also accounting for temporary foreign workers this claim only reduces undocumented immigrants’ share of convictions leading to incarceration from 11.8% to 10.6%.

And that's with the percentage of Arizona's population that's undocumented aliens of ~4.8%.

And the people that told Lott how the “non-U.S. citizen, deportable” label is used? The APAAC (Arizona Prosecuting Attorneys' Advisory Council).

Works that have not gone through the peer review process are not studies in the sense that they can be said to have supported a theory.

Sure, they can. Just make all the data available on which the study is based. In this case, as I said, it's easily replicable.

The one person who did review it found it wrong.

The one person that reviewed it obviously didn't actually read it, or they would have found the statement on the second page of the introduction that contradicted their claim that Lott didn't differentiate immigrants and nonimmigrants from undocumented aliens. And Lott provides impressive numbers for documented immigrants.

In comparison, documented immigrants (Legal Permanent Residents) were extremely law-abiding. They made up only 1.5% of the prison population in 2014, while a rough estimate indicates that their share of the state’s population is about 3.9%.

Because it incorrectly supports the misleading stereotype that Mexicans are criminals.

Why are you assuming that all the undocumented aliens in the articles are Mexicans? Isn't that just a bit ... racist? Checking out the articles I just posted, three are from Mexico, eight are from Guatemala, two are from El Salvador, one is from Cuba, one is from Honduras, the home countries of three aren't given. But I personally don't care where they come from or what race they are, if the government had the resources and support to properly enforce our immigration laws they wouldn't be here and their victims would still be alive or unmolested. Which is the point.
Doug64 wrote:No idea.

They are almost certainly called “non-citizens, deportable”, since they are.

Whatever it is, it isn't “non-U.S. citizen, deportable.” Beyond that, Lott had this footnote in his online article, taken from a response to the CATO criticisms:

One person suggests that the Department of Corrections data mean something different that what I was told by the APAAC. “Lott erroneously assumed that the third category, called ‘non-US citizen and deportable,’ only counted illegal immigrants,” claims Alex Nowrasteh. He asserts it also includes legal immigrants, though this ignores the importance of the pre-sentencing report in collecting this information. Yet, even if that were correct, it doesn’t greatly affect our results. Only about 10% of those deported are lawful permanent residents. Lott shows that after also accounting for temporary foreign workers this claim only reduces undocumented immigrants’ share of convictions leading to incarceration from 11.8% to 10.6%.

And that's with the percentage of Arizona's population that's undocumented aliens of ~4.8%.

Not according to the Cato analysis.

Note that the authors of the Cato analysis got to look at the actual data, which Lott does not provide.

And the people that told Lott how the “non-U.S. citizen, deportable” label is used? The APAAC (Arizona Prosecuting Attorneys' Advisory Council).

I doubt this as well.

Sure, they can. Just make all the data available on which the study is based. In this case, as I said, it's easily replicable.

Maybe that is why Lott did not show the data.

The one person that reviewed it obviously didn't actually read it, or they would have found the statement on the second page of the introduction that contradicted their claim that Lott didn't differentiate immigrants and nonimmigrants from undocumented aliens. And Lott provides impressive numbers for documented immigrants.

In comparison, documented immigrants (Legal Permanent Residents) were extremely law-abiding. They made up only 1.5% of the prison population in 2014, while a rough estimate indicates that their share of the state’s population is about 3.9%.

They did read it.

They also got the actual data sent over.

And then they crunched the numbers using ICE detainers instead of just everyone in that category.

Why are you assuming that all the undocumented aliens in the articles are Mexicans? Isn't that just a bit ... racist? Checking out the articles I just posted, three are from Mexico, eight are from Guatemala, two are from El Salvador, one is from Cuba, one is from Honduras, the home countries of three aren't given. But I personally don't care where they come from or what race they are, if the government had the resources and support to properly enforce our immigration laws they wouldn't be here and their victims would still be alive or unmolested. Which is the point.

I did not assume they were Mexicans.

I assumed they supported stereotypes about Latinos, like the one where we are all Mexican.
Pants-of-dog wrote:They are almost certainly called “non-citizens, deportable”, since they are.

Yes, they are, once they are convicted. But not until then, any more than someone is convict until they are actually convicted.

They did read it.

They also got the actual data sent over.

And then they crunched the numbers using ICE detainers instead of just everyone in that category.

There's a bit of a problem with using ICE detainers. Here's what Lott's critic said:

“In June 2017, only 38.3 percent of criminal aliens had ICE detainers on them and, thus, were more likely to be illegal immigrants. As a back-of-the-envelope estimation, I assumed that 38.3 percent of “non-U.S citizens and deportable” are actually illegal immigrants in the ADC’s larger 1985-2017 dataset. This back-of-the-envelope calculation turns Lott’s finding on its head. Whereas he found that 11.1 percent of the admissions to Arizona prisons in 2014 were illegal immigrants, the real percentage is a maximum of 4.3 percent, below the 4.9 percent estimated illegal immigrant share of the state’s population.”

But as Lott points, out, what Nowrasteh does not dispute is that the number of aliens, immigrants and undocumented aliens combined, makes up more than 11.1% of the Arizona prison population in 2014. Which means that if you go with Nowrasteh's assumption that the 38.3% that ICE put detainers on were all the undocumented aliens, then the remainder makes up the combined immigrants and nonimmigrants--7.3% plus the percentage that Lott found for that year out of a state population of around 3.5% (this does not include those that have become naturalized citizens). Which kinda cuts against the "immigrants are law-abiding" meme. Also, all you have to do is look at the chart in that last link of the number of detainers per month to see the problem with assuming that the ICE detainer represents all undocumented aliens.

I did not assume they were Mexicans.

Then you should have said as much.
Drlee wrote:Oh come on BigSteve.. Nobody is buying that. Doug posted those articles and you want us to believe that they just happened to accidentally be about Latino people.

Then refute the validity of them...
Then refute the validity of them...

Refute what? That he made a deliberately deceptive post designed to unfairly paint a particular group of people as a danger to society? I already did.

His was an openly racist post and you know it. You may agree with the sentiment but the fact is that he did the deed.
Drlee wrote:His was an openly racist post and you know it.

What’s racist about spreading word of the harm inflicted by people that the Left’s insane open borders mania are preventing the government from keeping out or sending home, and that the MSM(D) don’t want to cover? You and Pants-of-dog are the ones that keep trying to make it all about race, not me. I couldn’t care less what race undocumented aliens are. Wouldn’t that make you the racialists?
Doug64 wrote:
What’s racist about spreading word of the harm inflicted by people that the Left’s insane open borders mania

are preventing the government from keeping out or sending home?

You and Pants-of-dog are the ones that keep trying to make it all about race, not me. I couldn’t care less what race undocumented aliens are. Wouldn’t that make you the racialists?

Obama gets knocked more for being hard on immigrants. What you are saying hasn't happened, and won't happen. Just for giggles, historically, it's the Right that encourages immigration.

The problem is that there are too many to send home.

The word you need to learn is Nativist.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This war is going to drag on for probably another[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]