Undocumented Aliens and Crime - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15045339
Pants-of-dog wrote:The statistics that have been cited disprove the claim that undocumented migrants make the USA more dangerous.


For me, the argument regarding safety is an ancillary one.

The bigger issue is that they don't belong here. Period.

And the opinions of anyone who doesn't live here are completely meaningless...
#15045399
BigSteve wrote:For me, the argument regarding safety is an ancillary one.

The bigger issue is that they don't belong here. Period.

And the opinions of anyone who doesn't live here are completely meaningless...


Why should I care about any of this?

—————————

@Doug64

Why do you assume that all these Breitbart articles are true?

Breitbart has been caught lying about such things in the past.
#15045445
Pants-of-dog wrote:Why should I care about any of this?


You shouldn't. You don't live here.

Which is why we ignore your opinions on the matter...
#15045448
BigSteve wrote:
The bigger issue is that they don't belong here. Period.



We can't kick them out. If we tried, the cure would be a lot worse than the disease. But it can't be done, we're talking millions, and it would take an army to round them up, and a court system that can handle millions of cases.

Nobody sane wants that.

They are an underclass, which is perfect for breeding crime and gangs. The way to change that is to eliminate the underclass. You know, like Reagan.

We also need sane immigration reform. Which can't happen as long as one party is crazy.
#15045450
late wrote:We can't kick them out. If we tried, the cure would be a lot worse than the disease.

They are an underclass, which is perfect for breeding crime and gangs. The way to change that is to eliminate the underclass. You know, like Reagan.

What utter nonsense.

Granting them amnesty won't eliminate the underclass. They won't magically stop committing crimes and joining gangs...

We also need sane immigration reform. Which can't happen as long as one part is crazy.


We do need it. And, as soon as the left decides that idiotic things like "sanctuary cities" aren't the way to go, maybe we can have it...
#15045455
BigSteve wrote:
What utter nonsense.

Granting them amnesty won't eliminate the underclass. They won't magically stop committing crimes and joining gangs...





Naw, you like reading trash instead of the boring stuff.

While there is no magic, there is also no mystery here. Give ya an example... we are a wealthy country that has diseases you'd expect to see in a poor 3rd world country. If you end the underclass, they could get medical treatment, and the number of those disease cases would go down almost immediately. Victims could report crime, and then criminals could get sent to jail.

Ain't rocket science, but it also doesn't fit in that silly fantasy world of yours.
#15045482
late wrote:Naw, you like reading trash instead of the boring stuff.

While there is no magic, there is also no mystery here. Give ya an example... we are a wealthy country that has diseases you'd expect to see in a poor 3rd world country. If you end the underclass, they could get medical treatment, and the number of those disease cases would go down almost immediately. Victims could report crime, and then criminals could get sent to jail.

Ain't rocket science, but it also doesn't fit in that silly fantasy world of yours.


The fantasy world is thinking that you can get rid of the underclass "like Reagan".

That idea was stupid then and it's stupid now...
#15045514
BigSteve wrote:You shouldn't. You don't live here.

Which is why we ignore your opinions on the matter...


Well, I do not care about your opinion or whether or not you care.

So, if you agree that I do not care about your opinion, you can stop telling me what you do not care about.

———————-

On topic, the US should change the laws so that it is legal for them to be here, and then legalise some sort of (even lower) minimum wage just for non-citizens.
#15045530
BigSteve wrote:
The fantasy world is thinking that you can get rid of the underclass "like Reagan".

That idea was stupid then and it's stupid now...



The sane are happy to settle for a 99% reduction.
#15045546
late wrote:The sane are happy to settle for a 99% reduction.


You can calla piece of shit a solid gold bar and it's still going to be a piece of shit.

If there's an underclass of illegals, granting them amnesty does nothing to their status of being members of the underclass.

It just means we get to pay for even more of their stuff...
#15045578
I find it odd that US residents simultaneously depend on this economic underclass to support their economy and hate them for being around doing that necessary work.
#15045690
BigSteve wrote:
You can calla piece of shit a solid gold bar and it's still going to be a piece of shit.

If there's an underclass of illegals, granting them amnesty does nothing to their status of being members of the underclass.

It just means we get to pay for even more of their stuff...



No, it means my sister doesn't get TB and lose a whole f***ing lung.

It means crooks go to jail.

Facing reality usually makes things better, not that you would know.
#15045698
@BigSteve said:

For me, the argument regarding safety is an ancillary one.

The bigger issue is that they don't belong here. Period.


This is true and spot on. Illegal immigration has nothing to do with safety or crime and everything to do with economics. It truly is as simple as that.

BS Said: "If there's an underclass of illegals, granting them amnesty does nothing to their status of being members of the underclass.

It just means we get to pay for even more of their stuff..."


And this is absolutely true too. To a great extent their immigration status simply keeps them docile but the taxpayer is on the hook for ALL of the underclass, legal or illegal. Who do we think is paying for health care for the McDonalds worker? Certainly not McDonalds. The taxpayer is.

We have a permenent underclass in America and the wealthy like it very much, thank you. The entire hospitality industry would collapse overnight were it not for illegal workers just to mention one example.

The wealthy rely on illegal workers to exert downward pressure on wages for sure but it is more insidious than that. When we discuss the services that illegals consume we are exerting pressure to deprive all of the underclass of those services, legal and illegal.

There are all kinds of absurd studies that seem to show that illegals do not exert downward pressure on wages. My personal experience says it is true. My own personal experience is to actively seek them for work that would cost me a fortune if they were not here. Landscaping, the aforementioned hotel maid, construction workers....on and on. In my part of the country these jobs are virtually all filled by illegal workers and at a fraction of what it would cost to get a citizen to do them. Seriously folks. What do you think you would have to pay a hotel maid to get a citizen to do the work? Double? Tripple? And then add benefits on top of that.

When I was a kid, we (kids) did yard work to make some extra money. We would get a buck for mowing a yard. So check this out. If you use the handy inflation calculator, that dollar that this 11 year old was earning for spending an hour or so mowing someone's yard is the equivalent of $8.50 today. This is more than the national minimum wage today. And kids were expected to do that stuff in those days. I went door to door trying to earn a buck. The old lady down the street counted on me and I could count on her for $2.00 every couple of weeks. This is roughly the equivalent of what my mother in law pays for her maid to stop by for an hour and do a couple of heavy cleaning things today. And I am fairly sure that the maid who is happy to work for $8.50 an hour tax free was not born in Cleveland.

All of this is why I hate threads like this. The problem is not crime nor is the solution to get rid of so-called sanctuary cities. The problem is economic and the solution is to get rid of jobs for illegals. If we do that the problem will be solved. But that will never happen. The wealthy have always needed their slaves.
#15045709
Pants-of-dog wrote:I find it odd that US residents simultaneously depend on this economic underclass to support their economy and hate them for being around doing that necessary work.


I would gladly pay more for produce if it meant it wasn't picked by illegal aliens...
#15045711
late wrote:No, it means my sister doesn't get TB and lose a whole f***ing lung.

It means crooks go to jail.

Facing reality usually makes things better, not that you would know.


What does that have to do with illegal aliens?
#15045732
BigSteve wrote:
What does that have to do with illegal aliens?



I went over that earlier in the thread.

It would be very helpful if you learned the basics of a topic under discussion. That way I wouldn't have to be constantly explaining why the sun comes up in the morning.
#15045746
BigSteve wrote:I would gladly pay more for produce if it meant it wasn't picked by illegal aliens...


Since US residents do not want to work at farms for any wage that could actually be paid by a US farm, it would mean that almost all produce would come from abroad.
#15045748
Since US residents do not want to work at farms for any wage that could actually be paid by a US farm, it would mean that almost all produce would come from abroad.


Source for your assertion that "US residents do not want to work at farms......".

I expect that at $20.00 an hour there would be many takers. The problem is that US workers can't afford to live on what is offered while illegals, living 5 to a room can.

There is no excuse for anyone to be paid poverty wages for a day's work. Just raising the federal minimum wage to 1969 levels, about $12.00 in today's dollars would go a long way. Let's do that and see what happens.

Also. There are farms where people pay to work. Maybe study them.
#15045751
Pants-of-dog wrote:Since US residents do not want to work at farms for any wage that could actually be paid by a US farm, it would mean that almost all produce would come from abroad.


Okay...
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 28
Election 2020

As of the morning of the 29th, Democrat's lead in […]

After Trump is gone, the FBI will clean up the me[…]

It's a *very* slippery slope, because we've see[…]

What do you think? Twins are a packaged deal. T[…]