On Illegal + Legal Immigration: The Exact Opposite of What You think is True, is True - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Rancid wrote:Although I think open borders is impractical. I think the blame immigrants mantra from conservatives leaders is a nice tool they use to distract their voter base from the fact that the wealthy are robbing all of us.

Strange anarchist philosophy...what kind of anarchist are you?

IMHO people would not flock to the west if development was equal; in fact quite the opposite.. :)

A lot of western europe and even America, is cold, damp, grey; people have a shitty indifferent attitude perfectly represented by London, NY, Etc...and so on and so forth.

I for one want to emigrate out of the 'west west' and go live somewhere deep in the mediterranean; or SE Asia..
Presvias wrote:
Strange anarchist philosophy...what kind of anarchist are you?

IMHO people would not flock to the west if development was equal; in fact quite the opposite.. :)

A lot of western europe and even America, is cold, damp, grey; people have a shitty indifferent attitude perfectly represented by London, NY, Etc...and so on and so forth.

I for one want to emigrate out of the 'west west' and go live somewhere deep in the mediterranean; or SE Asia..

I'm not an anarchist. I leave that in my profile for dick of it.

Yes, I agree. If developed nations didn't exploit/meddle/ruin developing nations, there wouldn't be a need for immigration. There's certainly validity to that statement.

I personally want to emigrate to Latin America or Asia (because of my wife). What keeps me here is work.
Presvias wrote:
You can ask as many stupid questions with a false premise as you like. :) I am under no obligation to provide a response.

I'll ask you a stupid question back though:

Did you actually review the comprehensive evidence posted throughout this thread before you posted? ;)

Reality, what a concept.
I have posted many times on this before asking this simple question:

If the Trump administration goal is to stop illegal immigration and its effects on the job market in the US, why don't they go after the real cause? That is the employers who are illegally employing these folks.

There is practically no workplace enforcement which exacerbates the problem in two ways. First it leaves the very real offer of jobs to people who enter illegally of course. But it also leaves the illegals open to exploitation by the threat of exposure.

If we had robust ID requirements and there was a very real threat of loosing ones license to operate a business (EIN) for not properly documenting a person's eligibility for employment, there would be little illegal immigration.

What there would soon be is a hue and cry for increased legal immigration as the US job market would be devastated. On the up-side, wages would clime dramatically as business had to pay for legal workers who will demand real money for menial jobs. (As they should.)

The argument that illegals are taking jobs from citizens fails because there is virtually no unemployment now. The claim that they depress wages is clearly true. Pick your poison.
Unfaultable analysis, as usual, from the doc..

I'd add that trying to help improve nations surrounding America (ie not interfering in their politics, or trying to exploit them), automatically will help people stay in their own country. Why emigrate if your country's sorted out and life is good?

It's the evil folks at the top who profit out of war, exploitation of refugees and exploitation of natural resources etc
It is they who are the real problem; it is they who keep wages artificially low, who monopolize capitalism and turn it into 'crony capitalism', and it is they who chiefly benefit from their manufactured crises wrt illegal immigration...

And Trump is one of those 'evil folks'...
Presvias wrote:Sorry, but you're 110%...

Incorrect.

Every piece of evidence very clearly makes that distinction.

Yours is just a flatly incorrect statement

Where is distinction between legal and illegal immigrant in this graph? And obviously more US-born Americans would use public benefits because there are more American-born Americans and the most public benefits are for Americans.
It is impossible to talk about these things without distinguishing legal and illegal immigration, and even when we talk about legal immigration, it would be best to be more specific in that case as well.

There aren't reliable, objective studies on the costs of illegal immigration because they would simply be blocked. We have to depend on think tanks.

Here is one (FAIR) that suggests the cost of illegal immigration is quite higher than the benefit.
You cherrypicked one graph where the majority make a clear distinction.

Please don't BS me, I read them carefully before they were posted.

Oh and Verv, your link is from..

Federation for American Immigration Reform
Policy institute

fairus.org
DescriptionThe Federation for American Immigration Reform is an anti-immigration organization in the United States. The group publishes position papers, organizes events, and runs campaigns in order to influence US immigration policies. Wikipedia
Founded at: Washington, DC
Founders: John Tanton, Jr. Sidney Swensrud, Otis L. Graham

Please, my data is mostly from much more neutral sources. Yours is as biased as one can possibly get..

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia coul[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]