Joe Biden is the most corrupt vice president of our lifetime - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Peter Schweizer: Joe Biden is the most corrupt vice president of our lifetime
Apr 4, 2019

He might be creepy, but he's also corrupt. Possibly even the most corrupt vice president of all time according to Peter Schweizer. Here's a quick rundown of the list of the facts:

In 2009, Hunter Biden joined Rosemont Seneca Partners, an investment firm associated with the Heinz family.

In late 2013, Hunter accompanied his father on an official visit to China. Ten days later, Rosemont Seneca announced its partnership in Bohavi Harvest RST — a billion dollar, first of its kind fund backed by the Chinese government.

Shortly after the Ukrainian revolution in 2014, Hunter was appointed to the board of Burisma, a natural gas company owned by a Ukrainian oligarch.

In August 2015, the real estate arm of Biden's investment firm was sold to Gemini Investments, a Chinese company with ties to the military.

Secret Empires - Peter Schweizer
Last edited by Hindsite on 03 Oct 2019 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
There are a lot of contenders for that crown. Spiro Agnew was a piece of work, but my pick would be President Cheney.

The video says most corrupt in American history, and that's a tell. There was a lot of corruption in the 1800s. It was spectacularly corrupt at times.

Bottom line, that is more smear than expose. But if you ever find someone that can follow the money, I'd love to see it.
Hindsite wrote:
Former vice president's son Hunter Biden is reportedly linked to surveillance system in China used to spy on Chinese Muslims.

Right wingnuts are saying a lot of things about the Bidens.

Very little of it is worth taking seriously.

There are good reasons to not support Joe Biden, and I have talked about them here (and I included links to facts).

But dramatic claims requite equally weighty proof.
late wrote:Right wingnuts are saying a lot of things about the Bidens.

There are good reasons to not support Joe Biden, and I have talked about them here (and I included links to facts).

But dramatic claims requite equally weighty proof.

Hunter Biden traded on his family connection with the VP to land a directorship of a Ukrainian gas company. He had no objective qualifications for such a post. We don't have to make any dramatic claims to understand this is plain corruption.

Democrats are going to do themselves no favors by ignoring how this looks to the average voter.

Yeah Trump is totally about enriching himself and his family via public office - he doesn't give a crap about the emoluments clause. Nor should he. The Constitution is just a piece of paper nobody cares about. He is very open and very successful at corruption. But other presidents (and members of presidential families) have done the same.

The public understands Democrats are going after Trump because he is a Republican, just as they understand Trump is trying to enlist Ukraine, Russia, and China for a similar purpose.
quetzalcoatl wrote:
Hunter Biden traded on his family connection with the VP to land a directorship of a Ukrainian gas company. He had no objective qualifications for such a post. We don't have to make any dramatic claims to understand this is plain corruption.

Democrats are going to do themselves no favors by ignoring how this looks to the average voter.

Yeah Trump is totally about enriching himself and his family via public office - he doesn't give a crap about the emoluments clause. Nor should he. The Constitution is just a piece of paper nobody cares about.

He is very open and very successful at corruption. But other presidents (and members of presidential families) have done the same.

The public understands Democrats are going after Trump because he is a Republican, just as they understand Trump is trying to enlist Ukraine, Russia, and China for a similar purpose.

That is entirely possible. But life is not dueling innuendos. As I said, dramatic claims demand rigorous proof, and that I have yet to see.

The underlying truth here is that Ukraine is simple enough for Joe Six Pack to understand. In Watergate, everything changed during the hearings, when people got to see what had been going on. Something similar is happening here. No guarantee it will play the same way, but that's my hope.

The Constitution is more than a scrap of paper. It's an idea, and an ideal, that played a crucial role in making the country what it is.

Corruption is wildly variable. The presidency has not been this corrupt since the 1800s. We were a very different country back then.

Most Dems didn't want impeachment, despite the fact that Trump deserved from Day One. Pelosi got dragged into it, she fought as long as she could. Take a look at what happened to the last Speaker to do impeachment. He's appropriately named Newt. Life is not without a sense of irony.

This country does not have a long history, or a ethnic or cultural tradition to hold it together. What holds us together is a clever balancing act created by the Constitution.
late wrote:Spiro Agnew was a piece of work, but my pick would be President Cheney.

Corrupt is not the same thing as disagreeable. Agnew was corrupt; Cheney disagreeable, if you weren't on his side.

late wrote:Right wingnuts are saying a lot of things about the Bidens.

Trump's main interest is in the small potatoes Ukraine thing, because Ukrainian pols did Hillary the favor of attacking Trump in the press--Teresa May was no different, but we have no evidence that it was prompted by Hillary as yet.

The Chinese story is a "big fucking deal" as Biden might put it. Placing $1.5B with the son of the VP of the United States whom you're negotiating with looks very much like a bribe. The fees off of that kind of money would be around $30M a year. It's no small chunk of change.

late wrote:But dramatic claims requite equally weighty proof.

That doesn't seem to be the standard when it comes to Trump. A baseless charge gets a special counsel investigation and $40M spent. Pissing off the president of the United States isn't necessarily a great idea.

quetzlcoatl wrote:Hunter Biden traded on his family connection with the VP to land a directorship of a Ukrainian gas company. He had no objective qualifications for such a post. We don't have to make any dramatic claims to understand this is plain corruption.

Well, what's indisputable is that there is a conflict of interest such that Joe Biden should have recused himself from duties involving Ukraine. He clearly did not. Did Joe Biden force his son's hiring? Did Burisima buy influence by hiring Hunter Biden? At least the public doesn't have all the details just yet. It certainly does not look good. However, Joe Biden getting the prosecutor fired and bragging about it when the prosecutor has filed affidavits saying that he was investigating Burisima sure sounds like trouble.

quetzlcoatl wrote:Democrats are going to do themselves no favors by ignoring how this looks to the average voter.

Assuming Trump was politically corrupt and then going after him and coming up with nothing is what makes it worse for them, because here you have direct indisputable evidence of a conflict of interest and some actions on Biden's part that looks like bribery and a violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act--which I repeat, I have to study it every year as part of working for a publicly traded company.

quetzlcoatl wrote:Yeah Trump is totally about enriching himself and his family via public office - he doesn't give a crap about the emoluments clause.

So far, the evidence suggests that he's probably lost money as a result.

quetzlcoatl wrote:The public understands Democrats are going after Trump because he is a Republican, just as they understand Trump is trying to enlist Ukraine, Russia, and China for a similar purpose.

Trump ran on draining the swamp. They were attacking him to defend what they believe is their own turf. That's why they are petrified right now, because the Democrats went way too far to the left in the primaries and they look positively crazy. The campaign ads Trump could create just from what they've said in these debates would ensure his victory next year.

late wrote:As I said, dramatic claims demand rigorous proof, and that I have yet to see.

This is where the Democrats have fucked themselves: they have suggested for years now that we should just believe them and the Mueller report would provide the evidence. It never materialized. There is already incriminating evidence against the Bidens, and two very serious cases of conflict of interest which every lawmaker knows to avoid.

late wrote:Most Dems didn't want impeachment, despite the fact that Trump deserved from Day One.

Impeachment for what? Not being part of the neoliberal/neoconservative Janus cabal?
UM …… Biden sucks but he is not America's Godfather …….. Obese Donald is.

Does anybody know where I can get a special app to keep track of Donnie's scandals? I suspect that an investigation by Paraguay into Elizabeth Warren will be next after the whistleblower from within the Internal Revenue Service fileing a complaint regarding either the president or the vice president’s tax returns plays out.
blackjack21 wrote:
That doesn't seem to be the standard when it comes to Trump. A baseless charge gets a special counsel investigation and $40M spent.

It's a bit odd that on the same day you wrote that, the President stood on the White House lawn and openly asked China to interfere with our democracy.

Third times the charm, they say.
late wrote:It's a bit odd that on the same day you wrote that, the President stood on the White House lawn and openly asked China to interfere with our democracy.

Third times the charm, they say.

Asking any country to investigate potential violations of their own bribery laws or the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act by a US person is NOT a crime, nor is it an impeachable offense. The only possible crime is asking a foreign country to commit a crime on behalf of a political campaign (subornation) or making an illegal financial campaign contribution. Neither of these situations is the case.
blackjack21 wrote:
Asking any country to investigate potential violations of their own bribery laws or the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act by a US person is NOT a crime, nor is it an impeachable offense. The only possible crime is asking a foreign country to commit a crime on behalf of a political campaign (subornation) or making an illegal financial campaign contribution. Neither of these situations is the case.

Actually, receiving anything of value is impeachable. The value doesn't have to be monetary. Using extortion to force a country to undermine our democracy falls well within the meaning of High Crimes.
late wrote:Actually, receiving anything of value is impeachable. The value doesn't have to be monetary. Using extortion to force a country to undermine our democracy falls well within the meaning of High Crimes.

China investigating whether Biden shook down the government of China to get a $1.5B placement for his son and providing that information to the United States Department of Justice is NOT an impeachable offense. It does not undermine democracy either. :roll:
@blackjack21 Well, what's indisputable is that there is a conflict of interest such that Joe Biden should have recused himself from duties involving Ukraine. He clearly did not. Did Joe Biden force his son's hiring? Did Burisima buy influence by hiring Hunter Biden? At least the public doesn't have all the details just yet. It certainly does not look good. However, Joe Biden getting the prosecutor fired and bragging about it when the prosecutor has filed affidavits saying that he was investigating Burisima sure sounds like trouble.

It does. And there is enough "there there" for Biden to slowly walk away. It is notable that he (Biden) is not speaking forcefully about these allegations. Telling really.

China investigating whether Biden shook down the government of China to get a $1.5B placement for his son and providing that information to the United States Department of Justice is NOT an impeachable offense. It does not undermine democracy either.

Well it might be but that is not the point. The point is that this shit has now hit the fan giving Trump the opportunity for another October surprise if Biden runs. Warren has overtaken him in the polls and Bernie is on the sick list so I suspect Biden will just stay as a useful foil and the nominee will be Warren.

I also agree with @blackjack21 when he says that the dems have already given Trump all of the sound bites he needs to win in 2020. Pelosi is doing an admirable job and it may well be that the impeachment stuff will resonate with some independents but her left wing sound boxes have scared the shit out of Joe Tentpeg. If Trump can keep is 40% of white women the election is in the bag.

It is interesting you ignored all the other measu[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ay43E94W58 :D […]