Why Trump Will Win: Identity Politics & The Madness of Crowds - Race, Gender & Identity - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15039720
I know many of you folks don't want Trump to win and are willing to say anything to see to his loss in 2020. I think he's almost certain to win again and I'll briefly explain again why. I also think most people realize that his re-election is inevitable without a successful impeachment, and impeachment is almost certain to fail.

Today being Saturday, I was in a more reflective mood and happened upon this video, which is teed up to the point I'm making, but is worth watching in full if you have the time:



The associated book he's shlepping is here: The Madness of Crowds: Gender, Race and Identity

Douglas Murray is British, but he hit on a lot of very good points that speaks to the 2020 election in America--although, that obviously wasn't his intent. It's about 40 minutes.

Why I bothered to make this post is that Murray noted that the left has given up on the working class deliberately, because the working class did not effectuate the Marxist revolution that the left had hoped for. That should have happened by 2008-2010 for certain, and it didn't. That is why the Democrats in the United States have now visibly abandoned the white working class--it's not feigned sympathy anymore. Hillary Clinton was for a wall in 2006, and even Obama was opposed to gay marriage in 2008. However, disappointment in the working class is why the Democrats (the leftists among them) have contempt for the "deplorables." I think that's interesting, because the Democrats cannot win democratically right now. In 2016, the Democrats had high hopes that women would vote as a bloc even though historically they have not done so for the last 100 years.

As I've said, Democrats aren't so stupid that they would abandon the white working class for no apparent reason. However, I think Murray has hit on THE reason: the white working class will never deliver a Marxist revolution. So as Murray is pointing out, they decided to focus exclusively on minorities--mistaking women for a minority.

Donald Trump is unique among recent Republicans, save Ronald Reagan, because he identified with the struggles of the working class and fights their cause for them. They are only too happy to support Trump, because nobody has spoken for them in politics for almost 30 years, really since Reagan. I think the Democrats simply did not calculate that someone like Trump would come along. They were hoping to rely on the Jeb Bush types that would acquiesce if he got into power, or better yet would fold as he did on Planned Parenthood questions in 2016 and thereby lose (although he was supposed to lose to Hillary, not Trump).

At about 17:40 into this, Murray notes that in the transgender situation, adults are basically telling children a lie--that you can switch genders willy nilly. Although Murray doesn't say it, the left has to be mad in their political calculations here, because if that were true and women were all oppressed, they could now simply decide to be men and the oppression would be over. However, he then hits on a point that I've been saying in the global warming debate for over a decade now, but he applies it to transgender issues: that scientists have been implored by the state to lie (again teed up for you, if you're pressed for time):



A very good point. I've said for years that no serious scientist would say things like "green energy" or "greenhouse gas" or "renewable energy." Anybody concerned about global warming in 1990 would think it a good idea to admit China to the WTO without any environmental or labor safeguards either. For me, I've said on multiple occasions that "gay marriage" was the last straw for me. I no longer wish to be ruled by these people. So there isn't a way to make Trump unacceptable to me in a way that would make the establishment preferable. I'm done with them. They interest me no more, other than working toward their destruction.

Murray makes one more point in this that I thought was quite poignant--that they are asking young people to waste their lives (again teed up for you, if you're pressed for time):



While it's not my intention to cut off debate to those in Europe, I would submit that this is why the left is losing in Europe too--they no longer represent the working classes, and no longer want to.
#15039844
Rugoz wrote:The Dems never wanted a Marxist revolution so your argument is fucking retarded.

The left infiltrated the Democrats to that end. The Democrats since Tammany Hall days have had close ties to the poor and labor, and the left aimed to steer them toward revolution. Clearly, they failed. They did infiltrate the Democrats and effectively destroyed Tammany Hall Democrats. So now places like NYC only get people like David Dinkins or Bill de Blasio from the Democrats.

Rugoz wrote:Even more epic retardation. Reagan? What the holy fuck? :lol:

Did you live through the '80s? Do you remember the Reagan Democrats? Reagan won in a landslide.

Beren wrote:You're projecting and this thread is clear proof that many of you folks want Trump to win and are willing to say anything to see to his victory in 2020.

I prefer Trump. However, my main objective is to ensure Biden doesn't become president.

Neither of you are addressing Murray's central point though: that the left has abandoned the working class, because they did not raise up against the capitalist state. Instead, the left has embraced identitarianism. This was central to the campaign of Hillary Clinton, whose primary issue was that she had a vagina. She lost. The Democrats again are running more women and are still attacking white men, which makes the white men running such as Joe Biden and Beto O'Rourke seem ridiculous. Mayor "Booty Judge" gets a pass, because he's gay, and that's part of the intersectionality the left is promoting these days.

This has left the Democrats campaigning on a "Green New Deal" with promises of eliminating gasoline powered cars (which cratered Al Gore's 2000 campaign), curtailing air travel, taxing hamburgers, and spending untold trillions on replacing the existing energy infrastructure with "sustainable" "renewable" energy; campaigning to confiscate people's firearms, raising taxes through the roof, and so forth.

It has created a situation where the left points out all the problems with Donald Trump and how crazy he is, but in juxtaposition to the Democrats, Trump looks like the more sane candidate.
#15039852
Beren wrote:Biden doesn't even become candidate. Sanders will step back on Warren's behalf and she'll confidently beat Biden (and then Trump).

You mean the Democratic nominee. The Ukrainegate scandal presumes that Biden is a candidate and would naturally win the Democratic nomination for president. Biden, ironically, is the only one running with working class bona fides in spite of selling them out ages ago. Look at Elizabeth Warren as she drinks her first beer and pretends to speak like a working class person:



That's priceless. Senator "I'm going to get me a beer; and, I'm a native American" Warren. Her husband says, "I'm going to pass on a beer for now." Ha! He probably goes for a kombucha tea instead. :lol:

How do you think Warren is going to appeal to blue collar working class white men? She's doing the same thing Hillary Clinton did already, which pushes Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio into the Republican camp. Do you really think that white women married to white men are going to vote for their husbands to lose their jobs?
#15039860
blackjack21 wrote:How do you think Warren is going to appeal to blue collar working class white men? She's doing the same thing Hillary Clinton did already

I don't know how she's going to do it, but she seems definitely better than Hillary Clinton, although not being Hillary Clinton could be enough perhaps. HRC was like a real anti-candidate.
#15041031
Douglas Murray seems like your typical conservative Fox News pundit trash, but British. So I can see why a boomer like Blackjack, who spends most of his day with a death grip on his Lay-Z-Boy watching cable news, would like him.

I skimmed a few sentences of the OP and didn't watch any of the videos, but I know more than blackjack and don't spend my day perpetually angry so I am also a better person (what kind of fucked up weirdo is still angry about gay marriage lol). Feel free to ask me anything.

However, before you engage me, I demand you watch the following informative video. It's by a very smart man who knows all of the numbers. I know he's smart because I sat and watched the entire video, and there's no way I'm a Mark Dice watching idiot who wastes his time.

#15041094
Elizabeth Warren is not of the working class (upper middle-class academic background, who once was one of Harvard's highest-paid professors), she is the champion of the middle-class professionals.

Wall Street and their Republican dogs in Congress found her to be "an overly zealous regulator" while being considered for agency director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).

A fallen Republican herself, she might just be the best of all the bad options for 2020. The fact that she has stumbled on the political circus on some issues, like trying to pretend she understands the working-classes by making a mocking imitation of them, could be to her advantage as she is seen for what she is NOT;

a smoothed out, cowardly, unprincipled and experienced politician.

Her ticket is to keep hammering on Wall Street, the greed of the financial sectors and major US corporations. All the way to the White house.
#15041099
Sounds like a sure winner to me:
To everyone who thinks Trump is acting just fine, here is a challenge. Go to work tomorrow. Tell people you are an extremely stable genius. Later, in a meeting, speak of your unsurpassed wisdom. Over lunch, remind everyone that the Kurds never helped us during our invasion of Normandy. By mid-afternoon, begin letting people know that you think there are forces in the office who are out to get you. You don't know who they are but you know what they are up to.

During a crucial late day conference call, remind callers that the moon was originally part of Mars. And when you leave for the day, notice no one wants to walk out with you.
#15041194
blackjack21 wrote:https://youtu.be/1hZx47ir_3k?t=650

There's some major issues with this. First lets call a spade a spade. This is Cultural Marxism we're talking about and in our post 9/11 world the supreme good in the Cultural Marxist hierarchy is Islam. Islam trumps race, trumps everything else. Its not about hating on male rapists, let alone hating on men. No Cultural Marxists love rapists if they are Muslim or Black. And note how our oh so feminist Cultural Marrxists or also very wary about criticising Orthodox Jews, despite the horrendous bigotry and misogyny of so many of them.

Cultural Marxism within Marxism goes right back to pre-war Lenin and maybe even to Hilferding. Lenin's disillusionment with the Western lower classes had already led him to claim that western workers had been bought off by the profits of Imperialism, the idea of White privilege within Marxism goes right back to Lenin.

Rugoz wrote:The Dems never wanted a Marxist revolution so your argument is fucking retarded.

Modern Cultural Marxism is a confluence of regular Marxists moving more and more to a Cultural Marxist strategy and radical elitist Liberalism (along with the rise of mass social science and Arts further and higher education), which goes right back to Wilberforce. Britain at the time of Wilberforce was a social class apartheid state, as bad or worse than post 2nd world War South Africa. Wilberforce was a murderous terrorist oppressor of the ordinary British people, who supported complete suppression of free speech, free assembly and the Peterloo massacre. Yet our cultural Marxist establishment masters tell us that Wilberforce is someone we should look back to and up to as a moral role-model.
#15041197
Rich wrote:There's some major issues with this. First lets call a spade a spade. This is Cultural Marxism we're talking about and in our post 9/11 world the supreme good in the Cultural Marxist hierarchy is Islam. Islam trumps race, trumps everything else. Its not about hating on male rapists, let alone hating on men. No Cultural Marxists love rapists if they are Muslim or Black. And note how our oh so feminist Cultural Marrxists or also very wary about criticising Orthodox Jews, despite the horrendous bigotry and misogyny of so many of them.


There's horrendous bigotry and misogyny among both of those groups and my own Orthodox Christians.

And Atheists, but Hindus are often left out; India is one of the most misogynistic societies in the world.

Shame Rich, you're a very clever bloke and you say truthful things, but you've got a real vengeful streak with some things... IMHO. It IMHO clouds your judgement on certain points, where you see with greater insight than most people on the majority of issues

Cultural Marxism within Marxism goes right back to pre-war Lenin and maybe even to Hilferding. Lenin's disillusionment with the Western lower classes had already led him to claim that western workers had been bought off by the profits of Imperialism, the idea of White privilege within Marxism goes right back to Lenin.


In today's age; political correctness is matched by right-wing deference press ganging stuff on the other side; "you're a quisling/traitor etc if you support mass immigration/remain/labour etc".

Modern Cultural Marxism is a confluence of regular Marxists moving more and more to a Cultural Marxist strategy and radical elitist Liberalism (along with the rise of mass social science and Arts further and higher education), which goes right back to Wilberforce. Britain at the time of Wilberforce was a social class apartheid state, as bad or worse than post 2nd world War South Africa. Wilberforce was a murderous terrorist oppressor of the ordinary British people, who supported complete suppression of free speech, free assembly and the Peterloo massacre. Yet our cultural Marxist establishment masters tell us that Wilberforce is someone we should look back to and up to as a moral role-model.


That's true but what about the cultural press gangers on the right? They're even worse, they're the ones who are destroying things right now..

(As an aside and not related to any of the above, nor to Rich; it's funny to see know-nothing do-nothing 10 year+ trolls moan about others doing same :lol: )
#15041205
jimjam wrote:Sounds like a sure winner to me:
To everyone who thinks Trump is acting just fine, here is a challenge. Go to work tomorrow. Tell people you are an extremely stable genius. Later, in a meeting, speak of your unsurpassed wisdom. Over lunch, remind everyone that the Kurds never helped us during our invasion of Normandy. By mid-afternoon, begin letting people know that you think there are forces in the office who are out to get you. You don't know who they are but you know what they are up to.

During a crucial late day conference call, remind callers that the moon was originally part of Mars. And when you leave for the day, notice no one wants to walk out with you.


LOl I got a better one it's real easy.

If you want to understand how scared shitless the Democrats really are just ask them to place a wager $$$ on Warren winning the presidency. :D
#15041217
blackjack21 wrote:
1) I know many of you folks don't want Trump to win and are willing to say anything to see to his loss in 2020.

2) I think he's almost certain to win again and I'll briefly explain again why. I also think most people realize that his re-election is inevitable without a successful impeachment, and impeachment is almost certain to fail.



3) Why I bothered to make this post is that Murray noted that the left has given up on the working class deliberately, because the working class did not effectuate the Marxist revolution that the left had hoped for.

4) As I've said, Democrats aren't so stupid that they would abandon the white working class for no apparent reason. However, I think Murray has hit on THE reason: the white working class will never deliver a Marxist revolution. So as Murray is pointing out, they decided to focus exclusively on minorities--mistaking women for a minority.

5) Donald Trump is unique among recent Republicans, save Ronald Reagan, because he identified with the struggles of the working class and fights their cause for them.

6) However, he then hits on a point that I've been saying in the global warming debate for over a decade now, but he applies it to transgender issues: that scientists have been implored by the state to lie (again teed up for you, if you're pressed for time):



7) A very good point. I've said for years that no serious scientist would say things like "green energy" or "greenhouse gas" or "renewable energy."


9) (I tried 8, but that just gave me an emoji) While it's not my intention to cut off debate to those in Europe, I would submit that this is why the left is losing in Europe too--they no longer represent the working classes, and no longer want to.



1) You see, back in the real world, there are these things called facts.

2) I expect he will he lose, his win was a fluke. Politicians go into a cold sweat when their popularity goes below 50%, Trump has never even gotten close.

There are complicating factors, cheating being the biggest. But if you look at the 2016 elections, Dems are on a roll.

3) Holy Crap... there is too much wrong in that paragraph to get into all of it. Dems, for the most part, aren't Lefty's, that's crazy talk. But you do have a point. The Clintons created the corporate wing of the Dem party. They occupy the spot on the political spectrum that the East Coast Republican establishment was in, back in the 50s and 60s (guys like Ike).

4) Republicans (mostly the Koch brothers) built the world's best propaganda mills in the 80s. They dragged the country far to the Right, and the Dems got dragged to the middle, most Center-Right and Centrist.

5) Trump is a con artist that tells people what they want to hear. Blue collars type want jobs most of all, and Trump has made that situation worse. Most of the rest is fodder for the slow and the crazy. If you look closely, Trump is the immigration problem, for example. A lot of Latinos worked here, and occasionally went home to see their family. Once the crazy started, they brought their families into the USA, because they saw the border shutting down. He made things worse in a number of ways.

6) The state implored? This is just the usual intersection of money and politics. Gays created this political movement, and transgenders were able to ride on their coattails. This became a lucrative business for Docs. Every treatment is supposed to be studied for safety and efficacy, mostly that hasn't happened for sex changes.

Because of previous discrimination, nobody wants to rock the boat, and risk having the entire movement jump on them.

7) Speaking of crazy, you and science are non-intersecting sets.

9) It's way more complicated than that, but I've typed enough.

You don't get it John Rawls. I am not surprised y[…]

Basically, to keep people like you from getting u[…]

AOC is a rock star...

Both. While they appeal to slightly different cr[…]

Ukrainegate

Information that has come out since then confirme[…]